Titans Are Free; Your Death Awaits [YCM Weirdmageddon, Part 5]

Hadés

Isn't it three, since my Hydros passed?

Actually, there are still four. All of you have to make a card for each Titan. If you were correct, I would have trapped Bumon's soul on that fact alone. I will be generous and allow you mortals to make all of them on the last day, if you so desire. So 3 left for you, and 4 for everyone else. Enjoy mortals, for your deaths await.

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I assume you'd have 3 left, but the rest of us have 4? but even if not, i'll help balance the scales

[spoiler=stratos]U9hHEpM.jpg

What's your verdict on that hades?

And another challenger arrives. I'm 1-1 today, so let's see if I can add another soul to my collection.

I'll accept the fact this is a WIND Fiend for the sole fact that it is hard to give Stratos a type. I like the idea of having it be able to blow away a S/T on Summon, but you can do a lot more given you need 2 Level 8 WIND monsters to even get this out. Also, why would anyone willingly leave a useless Xyz Material on this thing by using the first effect? The second effect's bouncing fits the general flavor of WIND, but a bit too weak for Stratos. In all honestly, you should have made Stratos a Synchro that bounced on Summon with a hard OPT secondary effect. That would have been far better than the mess you created here. I am ashamed.

Balance: 32/40 (Underpowered)

Playability: 28/40

Flavor: 20/20

Total: 80/100

Looks like I'm going 1-2 for now. You just barely survived this challenge. Your flavor saved you here, mortal. Next time, you may not be so lucky.

Two more mortals come to challenge me? Very well, I'll take you both on, Prepare for death.

I shall be fighting for the souls of everyone as well.

1KLDbyI.jpg

How is this card?

Mortal, you must not understand advantage. You do realize you are giving yourself a -2 just for Summoning this. It's good you had the thought of making this work without Poly as that would make this a -3. Though, this -2 just sucks because you have to have all your materials on the field for use. Some Decks can make up for the -2 as their smaller monsters could gain the advantage to pull it off, but Rock can't. The "Cannot be destroyed" clause is powerful on its own, but is suffering a -2 really worth it? Add on the mass battle position change on attack, and I see you attempting to compensate for the -2 but failing miserably at it.  Sure, it gives Lythos a chance against other bosses though not worth the loss in advantage. You disappoint me, mortal.

Balance: 23/40

Playability: 28/40

Flavor: 17/20

Total: 68/100

mUqP3S5.jpg

I'll take the challenge. I would have had this up last night, but my wifi was acting weird.

You just had to make Pyros a DIVINE Divine Beast, didn't you? That status is only reserved for the Egyptian Gods, so you lose points here. Summoning requirements make this a -2, which is usually bad unless the payoff is worth it. Wait, you just ripped off the Egyptian Gods here. More points lost here. Anyway, all you get for a -2 is a big burning beater. Destroy a monster, burn. Discard 2 cards, burn. Honestly, the first burn is overkill (which I like). The second effect is an unneeded -2 for a burn, not needed. So essentially, we have an Egyptian God wannabe that can burn the opponent for destroying a monster in battle. Seems the initial -2 is somewhat redeemed here, but you should've done far better than this.

Balance: 25/40

Playability: 30/40

Flavor: 10/20

Total: 65/100

Lovely, you both failed. I assume you know what that means. *opens two small jars, laughing as your souls are sucked inside them* Who is next?

seeing as every single person who's posted him so far has failed, I may as well try my luck:[spoiler=Pyros, the Molten Flame Titan]8HlMAUY.jpg

went for a lava-like effect here. a monster of lava feels like it'd be something related to an overlay instead of tuning, so i made him an Xyz as well. he hits your opponents monsters indiscriminately upon (special) summon like a wave of lava and burns the opponent. his ATK is massive enough to make him a valuable beatstick, and his effect burns anybody foolish enough to try controlling him without sufficient planning. this time i've made him generic, since i can't think of any fire decks that could need this guy.

judge my creation as you wish hades. but remember that my soul is not something the likes of you should play with.

I will judge your cards later, mortals. Though, it seems my partners think my challenge is too hard. No matter, now you as a group must make a card for each Titan. You already have two, so Pyros and Lythos are left. For the mortals who succeeded, no more cards from you. Can't have you having all the fun. Enjoy.

I will judge your cards later, mortals. Though, it seems my partners think my challenge is too hard. No matter, now you as a group must make a card for each Titan. You already have two, so Pyros and Lythos are left. For the mortals who succeeded, no more cards from you. Can't have you having all the fun. Enjoy.

It is sad, is it not, Cipher demands we go easy on these mortals. 

A plan, we are sure he must possess for this illogic 

seeing as every single person who's posted him so far has failed, I may as well try my luck:[spoiler=Pyros, the Molten Flame Titan]8HlMAUY.jpg

went for a lava-like effect here. a monster of lava feels like it'd be something related to an overlay instead of tuning, so i made him an Xyz as well. he hits your opponents monsters indiscriminately upon (special) summon like a wave of lava and burns the opponent. his ATK is massive enough to make him a valuable beatstick, and his effect burns anybody foolish enough to try controlling him without sufficient planning. this time i've made him generic, since i can't think of any fire decks that could need this guy.

judge my creation as you wish hades. but remember that my soul is not something the likes of you should play with.

You already passed, mortal. Therefore, I will not judge this card. Begone!

HADES!

I call thee below the depths of Hell, for I have presented what I believe to be the devour of Lythos. The soul of the absolute and origin of darkness is something of value, and as such will not be an easy task to conqueror this enraged one

L0qukov.png

Your verdict is dared.

Interesting move, mortal. Praising me as you come for judgment in hopes I will go easy on you. Sorry, but that doesn't work on me. Prepare to be judged!

I see you went for a EARTH Fiend-Type monster here. Based on what you present here, flavor would suggest EARTH Rock-Type instead. Fiend-Type is an okay alternative given Lythos' status as a Titan. Generic Rank 4 status is accepted here as it gives the impression of an accessible boss, which should strike some fear into you. The effects further show why flavor suggests EARTH Rock-Type. The ability to counter any single Xyz, Synchro, Fusion, and Pendulum Summoned Pendulum Monster gives Lythos some utility over the competition. The fact that the first effect leads to the second effect allows everything to flow neatly into oblivion.

Balance: 37/40

Playability: 38/40

Flavor: 16/20

Total: 91/100

Surprisingly, you did well mortal. Looks like I've underestimated some of you as only 1 Titan remains. For those mortals who haven't taken this challenge, enjoy facing Pyros!

Archived