Titans Are Free; Your Death Awaits [YCM Weirdmageddon, Part 5]

Hadés

I haven't played much Yugioh in a long time, and I haven't been posting much during the Halloween event...but I've been watching what's been going on, and I want to know what will happen after all of Bill's minions are defeated. So here's my attempt at Pyros.

63SUlBn.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]

You can only use each effect of "Pyros, the Flame of Armageddon" once per Duel. Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Cannot be Special Summoned, except by its own effect. If this card is in your hand: You can reveal it; destroy all face-up Spell and Trap cards on the field. Then, you can activate one of the following effects:
-Special Summon this card from your hand
-Discard this card; destroy all face-down Spell and Trap cards on the field, then inflict 500 damage to your opponent for each card destroyed by this effect. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase during the turn you activate this effect. 

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I haven't played much Yugioh in a long time, and I haven't been posting much during the Halloween event...but I've been watching what's been going on, and I want to know what will happen after all of Bill's minions are defeated. So here's my attempt at Pyros.

63SUlBn.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]

You can only use each effect of "Pyros, the Flame of Armageddon" once per Duel. Cannot be Normal Summoned or Set. Cannot be Special Summoned, except by its own effect. If this card is in your hand: You can reveal it; destroy all face-up Spell and Trap cards on the field. Then, you can activate one of the following effects:
-Special Summon this card from your hand
-Discard this card; destroy all face-down Spell and Trap cards on the field, then inflict 500 damage to your opponent for each card destroyed by this effect. You cannot conduct your Battle Phase during the turn you activate this effect. 

Welcome to your death, mortal. Let's see if you are cunning enough to conquer Pyros.

For starters, once per duel effects are terrible. The ability to balance them is troublesome, and they encourage people to only use a number of copies equal to the OPD effects. In this case, people would run at most two here. To Summon this card, you can give yourself pluses? Are you crazy, mortal? I don't care if Pyros is a Titan, no monster should be able to mass plus for a Summon. After the plusing, you get a nice beater to wreak havok on a decreased backrow. If you don't want to Summon this thing, you can just burn your opponent by destroying all the S/T cards. A hand trap HFD with a burn is an accurate way to describe the second effect. Either way, you weren't really thinking that hard about this card. Disappointing.

Balance: 27/40

Playability: 32/40

Flavor: 18/20

Total: 77/100

Congratulations, mortal. You've earned a one way trip to the Underworld. *opens a small jar, sucking your soul inside* Who else dares to challenge me?

I shall take a gander at this.

[spoiler=Pyros]2hP9FKi.jpg

Yet another mortal foolish enough to accept my challenge. Prepare to face your doom.

I can't take this card seriously. Pluses all around just scream broken. I know Pyros is a Titan, but this is too much. 2 Level 6s are a bit difficult to use from what I understand, but a card that pluses from destruction is too much. I don't care if you can't battle, the Dark Hole on Summon and the burning Raigeki all on the same card is still too much. And don't argue how everything floats as your excuse for getting away with this, oh wait, nothing can float against the Raigeki effect. You really decided to burn your chances on this one.

Balance: 23/40

Playability: 29/40

Flavor: 20/20

Total: 72/100

Enjoy the Underworld, mortal. *opens another small jar, sucking your soul inside* Looks like Pyros is the tool of your destruction, mortals. Just surrender now.

I'm horrificly outof touch with the game, but since my current existence bores me and there's but a few hours left on your challenge, I'll give it a try.

After much contemplation, this is my most stable attempt at capturing the essence of Pyros.

oWERJfw.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]This card can only be Ritual Summoned with the Ritual Spell Card "Unsealing the Titans". This card cannot be destroyed by battle. Once per turn, you may select either the Monster card, or Spell/Trap card row of your opponent. Destroy all cards currently in the selected row (Set monsters are not flipped face up) and inflict 500 points of damage to your opponent for each card destroyed. This card cannot attack on the same turn you activate this effect

EDIT: And ofcourse the most important tool.

[spoiler=Unsealing The Titans]

W5ikICj.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]This card can be used to Ritual Summon "Pyros the Lord of Flame", "Lythos the Mountain King", "Hydros, The Viscious Permafrost" or "Stratos of the Piercing Winds". You must also Tribute monsters from the field or your hand whos total Level equals the Level of the Ritual monster you are attempting to summon

I'm horrificly outof touch with the game, but since my current existence bores me and there's but a few hours left on your challenge, I'll give it a try.

After much contemplation, this is my most stable attempt at capturing the essence of Pyros.

oWERJfw.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]This card can only be Ritual Summoned with the Ritual Spell Card "Unsealing the Titans". This card cannot be destroyed by battle. Once per turn, you may select either the Monster card, or Spell/Trap card row of your opponent. Destroy all cards currently in the selected row (Set monsters are not flipped face up) and inflict 500 points of damage to your opponent for each card destroyed. This card cannot attack on the same turn you activate this effect

EDIT: And ofcourse the most important tool.

[spoiler=Unsealing The Titans]

W5ikICj.jpg

[spoiler=Lore]This card can be used to Ritual Summon "Pyros the Lord of Flame", "Lythos the Mountain King", "Hydros, The Viscious Permafrost" or "Stratos of the Piercing Winds". You must also Tribute monsters from the field or your hand whos total Level equals the Level of the Ritual monster you are attempting to summon

Very well mortal, I accept your challenge. Prepare for judgment.

The Ritual Spell is the standard crap that makes Rituals suck. Why did you make this a Ritual? I get the flavor, but you could have done so much more with this. As for the effect, it overcompensates for the fact that the Ritual Spell sucks. On the off chance someone would want to run this, they can wipe out a part of the opponent's field, and then strike with their remaining monsters for the game. I get Pyros is a Titan and it makes sense for it to be a game pusher, but still. Plussing for a push is terrible.

Balance: 25/40

Playability: 23/40

Flavor: 18/20

Total: 66/100

Begone, mortal! *opens a small jar, sucking your soul inside* And considering most of you mortals are from America, I'll go with 11:59pm EDT tonight. Enjoy your few remaining hours of life.

7BRFCvk.jpg

Lore: Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by Tributing 3 Level 5 or lower monsters and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When this card is Special Summoned: Inflict damage to your opponent equal to half the combined original ATK of the Tributed monsters. At the start of the Battle Phase: You can discard 1 card to target 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field; destroy it.

Foolish mortals, you dare challenge me! Prepare to accept your death!

7BRFCvk.jpg

Lore: Cannot be Normal Summoned/Set. Must be Special Summoned (from your hand) by Tributing 3 Level 5 or lower monsters and cannot be Special Summoned by other ways. When this card is Special Summoned: Inflict damage to your opponent equal to half the combined original ATK of the Tributed monsters. At the start of the Battle Phase: You can discard 1 card to target 1 Spell/Trap Card on the field; destroy it.

Lovely, a -2 on Summon. Sure, some Decks may find it easy to get this out; however, I doubt this card would be a good fit for said Decks. Also, the burn effect is interesting. I see it hitting for around 2-3k, whici is a powerful yet overcompensating burn. The last effect just screams beatstick as you are destroying S/T cards to swing with Pyros. Too bland, too overcompensating, too disappointing.

Balance: 30/40

Playability: 28/40

Flavor: 15/20

Total: 73/100

Never had a cow soul before. *opens a jar, sucking your soul inside it* Onto the next fool...

FFqZVHR.png

First of all, this isn't Pyros. You are an idiot for trying to pass off a machine for a Titan. You lose flavor points for this. As for the rest of the card, another -2 on Summon. Why do you mortals want to -2 everything? Do you even know how to do card advantage? I guess the first use of the second effect makes up for this, assuming you put this card in the right column. Afterwards, you get no use out of the second effect since your opponent could easily work around it. Also, cue beatstick with the protection on Summon and anti-targeting protection. Somewhat standard for bosses.

Balance: 35/40

Flavor: 12/20

Total: 79/100

That's got to hurt, just 1 point shy from passing. To the jar you go, mortal. *opens a small jar, sucking your soul inside it* When will you mortals learn?

First of all, this isn't Pyros. You are an idiot for trying to pass off a machine for a Titan. You lose flavor points for this. As for the rest of the card, another -2 on Summon. Why do you mortals want to -2 everything? Do you even know how to do card advantage? I guess the first use of the second effect makes up for this, assuming you put this card in the right column. Afterwards, you get no use out of the second effect since your opponent could easily work around it. Also, cue beatstick with the protection on Summon and anti-targeting protection. Somewhat standard for bosses.

That's got to hurt, just 1 point shy from passing. To the jar you go, mortal. *opens a small jar, sucking your soul inside it* When will you mortals learn?

judging on art? I'm disappointed.

The pyros entries have been among the best here. Honestly, I am questioning your ability as a judge.

Hell, Beelzebumon's is the best card in this thread.

Foolish mortals, you dare challenge me! Prepare to accept your death!

Lovely, a -2 on Summon. Sure, some Decks may find it easy to get this out; however, I doubt this card would be a good fit for said Decks. Also, the burn effect is interesting. I see it hitting for around 2-3k, whici is a powerful yet overcompensating burn. The last effect just screams beatstick as you are destroying S/T cards to swing with Pyros. Too bland, too overcompensating, too disappointing.

Balance: 30/40

Playability: 28/40

Flavor: 15/20

Total: 73/100

Never had a cow soul before. *opens a jar, sucking your soul inside it* Onto the next fool...

Really though, why would I use a terrible excuse for a card image when I have much cooler looking one in hand? Do not look down on card art, you pompous glorified excuse of a grill.

judging on art? I'm disappointed.

The pyros entries have been among the best here. Honestly, I am question your ability as a judge.

I hold Pyros to the highest standard of all, given the difficulty in taming it. And you all knew flavor would be involved, so stop complaining on how mean ol' Hades bashed a card for not meeting expectations.

I hold Pyros to the highest standard of all, given the difficulty in taming it. And you all knew flavor would be involved, so stop complaining on how mean ol' Hades bashed a card for not meeting expectations.

Wtf, you didn't tame anything, you literally just set them free and they rampaged, they don't belong to you.

Didn't Bill put Machina down for making his final riddle borderline unsolvable? How much longer till he does the same for this lackey? 

Difference is that I've already given the clue to your salvation. There is a way to beat me, mortals. You just keep on going at it the wrong way.

HdPUIIp.jpg

vvld9t9.jpg

Melt away their deck and watch the result scorch the field!

Interesting dilemma. If I win, this forum is mine. If you win, these mortals have to fight you. I accept this challenge. Let the battle for this forum begin!

*looks at the card, eyes start widening* How can this be? You get two banish mills with this card, and it simultaneously hits monsters, Spells, and Traps depending on what is banimilled. Can't complain about advantage since the Deck isn't part of card advantage, so, I can complain about the plusses. At most, +7 though I doubt your opponent would be that stupid to allow you to massively plus. If anything, you'd use this to push for game by getting rid of any resistence while plussing minimally.

Balance: 34/40

Playability: 36/40

Flavor: 20/20

Total: 90/100

I take care of Hercules, and yet I still lose. How can this be? I did everything right, and I lost. *yells*

tumblr_l81542iSi01qdq3ajo1_500.jpg

Archived