XOXO for Mod

Arimetal

I mean, he isn't completely wrong.

No but he's mostly wrong. And the parts that are right have their reasoning.

Ugh here I go.

If it seems like a popularity contest that's because, simply put, mods should be people that the members of a site actually know and can trust to do a good job. So it makes sense more liked people would be better fit than unknown/disliked.

No but he's mostly wrong. And the parts that are right have their reasoning.

Ugh here I go.

If it seems like a popularity contest that's because, simply put, mods should be people that the members of a site actually know and can trust to do a good job. So it makes sense more liked people would be better fit than unknown/disliked.

Just to disprove your point, let's make klavier a mod.

I think you have to have a certain post count to be mod, but chances are you need to be friends with someone in power to be mod :P

then again I hear its more of a popularity contest.

1. Not necessarily.

We did have a moderator who had a fifth of Spinda's current post count (well, roughly 600-700), but he got dropped eventually because of inactivity.

You don't have to be friends with another mod (well, I was friends with Night and Zextra before promotion, but I knew them before they ascended to modship). That wasn't a factor in my modship, mind you.

2. It's partly a popularity contest, yes.

You need to know what you're doing, that much is a given, but it also helps that the community is willing to accept you (and obviously, know who the hell you are).

Let's use CC as an example: Assume that ragnarok1945 wasn't banned, and for whatever reason, he gets promoted to mod the section.

There's going to be a good amount of complaints, due to his commenting style in the past. (You can ask one of the veteran members about this)

(This will never happen, mind you.)

Let's use CC as an example: Assume that ragnarok1945 wasn't banned, and for whatever reason, he gets promoted to mod the section.

There's going to be a good amount of complaints, due to his commenting style in the past. (You can ask one of the veteran members about this)

Striker is an infinitely better example.

Archived