[Finished] Contest - A card for a song

Darj

I donated the points so now plz count me in.

Sure, added you to the OP.

How do i send points to you in order to participate? I see donate points but i don't know who to send it to, once i get this figured out i would definetely like to join

Try the "Quick Donate" button in the link above and type my username in the box that requests it.

@Talim: Don't forget the point requirement and Rule #3 in the OP.

Here is my card.

http://i.imgur.com/nzVn96o.jpg

Type: Quick-Play Spell

Effect: Activate only if it has been 20 or more turns since the second turn player drew their first card during their first draw phase and your life points are 4000 or lower. Pay 1000 life points. Offer your opponent a hand shake. If they accept, end the match in a draw. If they refuse, both players draw 5 cards and both players cannot take any damage for 2 turns. After the second turn this card was activated, your opponent takes 800 damage every time they Summon a monster, set a card, activate a Spell or Trap card, or activate a monster effect.

Explanation: The explanation revolves around the lyrics so here we go

Why can't we be friends: This reminds me of yu-jo friendship so i put a hand shake as the image

I seen ya I seen ya I seen ya 'round for a long long time: 20 or more turns condition 

I really I really I really remember when you drank my wine: Wine symbolizes life points so 4000  or less life points as another condition

I pay my I pay my I pay my money to the welfare line: The cost of 1000 life points

The color the color the color of your skin don't matter to me as long as as long as long as we can live in harmony: Making everything fair for everyone, forcing a draw offer and if the opponent refuses, both player's gain good effects like drawing 5 cards and not taking damage for 2 turns.

And I could and I could and I could show you how your money's spent: Money symbolizes life points in this case. This makes the opponent pay lp for basically everything he/she does.

Actual Lyrics: 

Why Can't We Be Friends
By Smash Mouth

Why can't we be friends (4x)

I seen ya I seen ya I seen ya 'round for a long long time

I really I really I really remember when you drank my wine

I seen ya I seen ya I seen ya walkin' down in Chinatown

I called ya I called ya I called but you did not look around

I pay my I pay my I pay my money to the welfare line

I seen ya I seen ya I seen ya standing in it every time

The color the color the color of your skin don't matter to me

As long as as long as long as we can live in harmony

I kinda I kinda I kinda like to be the president

And I could and I could and I could show you how your money's spent

Sometimes I don't speak right

But did I know what I was talking about

I know you're working for the CIA

They wouldn't have you in the mafia

Song video: 

• 2 weeks later...

[spoiler=RULES OF NATURE]

u6d3RY6.jpg

You can only activate this card when your opponent has 1000 or more LP than you while they control a monster. The equipped monster cannot be destroyed by battle. During your End Phase: Destroy any monster that the equipped monster battled this turn. The equipped monster and this card must be face-up on the field to resolve this effect. When this card leaves the field: Destroy 1 face-up monster on the field who's DEF is lower than the equipped monster's ATK and, after than, banish the equipped monster.

Song is here

[spoiler=Lyrics]

The time has come to an end
Yeah -- this is what nature planned

Being tracked by a starving beast
Looking for its daily feast
A predator on the verge of death
Close to its last breath
Getting close to its last breath

(Rules of Nature)

And they run when the sun comes up
With their lives on the line
(Alive)
For a while
(No choice)
Gotta follow the laws of the wild
(Alive)
With their lives on the line
(No choice)
Out here only the strong survive

What's done is done
Survived to see another day
The dance of life
The hunter and the agile prey
No guarantee
Of which of them will succeed
Strong or weak

(yell)

Rules of Nature
Rules of Nature

[spoiler=I Won't Back Down]

4fv3hQ6.png?1

If your opponent controls more monsters than you, Level 3 or lower monsters you control cannot be destroyed by battle. During your opponent's Damage Step, when a Level 3 or lower monster you control battles: You can target that monster; it gains ATK equal to half the ATK of the opponent's monster it is battling, until the end of the turn. You can only use this effect of "I Won't Back Down" once per turn.

[spoiler=Lyrics]

Well, I won't back down, no I won't back down
You can stand me up at the gates of Hell
But I won't back down

Gonna stand my ground, won't be turned around
And I'll keep this world from draggin' me down
Gonna stand my ground and I won't back down

Hey baby, there ain't no easy way out
Hey, I will stand my ground and I won't back down

Well, I know what's right, I got just one life
In a world that keeps on pushin' me around
But I stand my ground and I won't back down

Hey baby, there ain't no easy way out
Hey, I will stand my ground and I won't back down
No, I won't back down

Took me more than expected, but I'm done with the scores. Posting them here. I will give 2~3 days for any questions or clarifications before I give out the rewards:

[spoiler=Scores]

Kinka- Byo - Sad Machine

Playability [15] - I don't see anything wrong here. As Level4 is can be Normal Summoned/Set, the effects don't need complicated conditions to meet to become live. Should be splashable enough.
Balance [5] - But this is were the card gets shaky. By catching the opponent off-guard, this can potentially negate relatively strong cards such as Raigeki with practially no cost for you, which is not exactly fair in my opinion. Then the ATK boosting effect can allow it to reach relatively high values of ATK and effordlesly get rid of beaters. The last effect is cute to reuse the negation effect, but to be fair, by the time you use it the opponent will know about this card, and naturally won't, or shouldn't, attempt to remove it with a card effect (again).
Creativity [8] - The surprise factor with the face-down effect is interesting. The rest aren't exactly original effects, but they work well together, especifically the effect that flips itself face-down to make the first effect live again.
Flavor [10] - You did a solid job here. Song is about a machine (at least from what I could tell), and this is a Machine-Type monster. The references make sense, the artwork is somewhat fitting with the techno-ish feeling of the song.

Total: 38

Kanashi - Servant of Evil

Playability [10] - The first effect is bound to Level/Rank4s, the most popular Level/Rank so it's not a big issue. However, it needs you to control a Level/Rank4 to be live, and the removal effect only applies to non Level/Rank4s, so if you are facing Level4 decks, this won't greatly help you. This turns the card into more of a side card or meta call, and this limits its playability. It's searchable by ROTA, which is welcomed. DARK and 0 ATK gives it a cute synergy with cards such as Dark Eruption to recover it, Masked Chameleon, and other minor perks here and there.
Balance [8] - A bit on the fence on this one. It's an OPT non-destruction remover with an often minor LP burn, and it's searchable by ROTA. In addition, it gives a 1-time only protection from destruction to the equipped monster.
Creativity [10] - You don't see effects like this that often.
Flavor [10] - Not much to say here, given your explanation.

Bonus [2] - Looks to me that you truly went out of your way with adapting the song's lyrics into card effects, so I'm dropping a couple of bonus points here.

Total: 40

AsterikcAde - The Vengeful One

Playability [15] - This looks quite splashable. The summoning conditions aren't as complicated and can be easily recovered at the considerable cost of 2 cards.
Balance [3] - Not really convinced by what this card does. Not only destroys without targeting in a similar fashion to Catastor, but then is gets to banish an opponent's card from the field afterwards. The relatively low stats are virtually meaningless when it can destory pretty much anything with its effect (except monster's immune to effect destruction, of course). Then with the recovery effect you can easily bring it back in a pinch to continue pressuring the opponent.
Creativity [5] - The effects aren't exactly new, and it's just a destruction effect stacked over a removal effect. It simply feels too needlessly overpowering.
Flavor [7] - I read the explanation and all, but personally I didn't feel that the "mainstream media vs. the public" concept properly correlated with the "opponent vs. you".

Total: 30

Talim Rave - Don't Stop the Music

Playability [15] - A Normal Spell cards with easy conditions to fulfill: at least 1 card in both player's hand or graveyard. Decks shouldn't have any issue with playing this.
Balance [1] - This is, however, where the card doesn't score well. The effect is insane and too abusable. Not only you get to recycle the whole graves, disrupting any grave setup whil recycling cards including Extra Deck monsters, but also you can play this with no cards in your hand to effectively draw 5. Yes, the opponent draws as well, but you can play around it by using this when his/her hand count is already big, if not higher than 5, in which case it will end up actually hurting him/her. The conditional free Summon for the opponent hardly balances this card's power in my opinion.
Creativity [7] - It's interesting how this card combines the effects of 2 Jars that are currently banned: Fiber Jar recycles entire graves, while Morphing Jar discards all cards and draws 5. Because of this, I wouldn't say the effects are new or revolutionary. Also, needless to say, putting the effects of 2 banned cards in 1 wasn't a good call.
Flavor [5] - I feel the flavor is a bit lacking here. I understand how "don't stop the music" can relate to not ending the duel just yet,
but the "put your grave back into the deck and draw 5 to start over" approach doesn't look ideal. In fact, in my opinion this effect would have suit better a song related to resets or restarts, not extending the life of something. Perhaps if this card had an effect that involved LP recovery to avoid losing earlier it would have made more sense.

Total: 28

Nickwiz190 - Why can't we be friends?

Playability [5] - So you have to wait for around 10 turns (same as Final Countown) and have 4000 LP or less. These conditions make the card quite impractical.
Balance [1] - Similar to the card above, the effects here are insane. First, it can lead to a duel draw, and duel draw effects are normally frowned upon and most likely that was one of the reasons that "Self-Destruct Button" was banned. The other option is any better: 5 card draws and 2 turns of damage immunity is almost ridiculous, practically "One day of Peace" on crack, then it later burn the opponent for practically playing the game. In other words, the card is too extreme to be any good for the game.
Creativity [8] - This is where the card stands out by a bit. It may be a mesh of different effects (handshake from Yu-Jo Friendship, the powered up "One Day of Peace", the duel draw effect from Self-Destruct, etc.)
Flavor [8] - You did a good work with adapting the lyrics into effects here. The handshake fits your approach, although you definitely should have picked a different image because YGO cards don't use IRL pictures or photos.

Total: 22

Reptilious - Rules of Nature

Playability [10] - Not too difficult to play, needing a minor difference in LP that you can even set up with Solemn Traps, Instant Fusion, Upstart Golbin, etc. However, is it bound to requiring at least 1 monster on both sides of the field, and while it's not like not having a monster will be a problem in most decks, the card will surely be a hindrance if neither player does.
Balance [15] - I find this surprisingly balanced. In a way its a counterpart of "Moon Mirror Shield" in that it allows any monster to destroy by effect without targeting instead of by battle, although it does it as the End Phase. Useful to get around certain monsters indestructible by battle or non-targetable. Then the activation requirements and the banishment drawback keep the card from becoming abusable.
Creativity [8] - It looks fine. Effects arent exactly unique and can be found on other cards, but they work quite well together.
Flavor [4] - I didn't feel the card stood out in this part. The song and lyrics give an agressive vibe, and yet the card is quite tame with its effect. Also the song is about the hunter and prey fighting and/or surviving with their inherent skills; I don't feel an Equip Card, which technically gives a boost or advantageous handicap to the equipped monster, properly reflects this.

Total: 37

Striker - I won't Back Down

Playability [12] - It only works for Level 3 or lower monsters, and your opponent must control more monsters than you. Then the battle effect only applies during the opponent's turn, who can always choose not to battle until the conditions are on his/her favor... yeah, this card as a lot of things going against it, even if it doesn't have any activation requirements.
Balance [9] - The card is not overpowered or broken, but actually on the other side of the spectrum: it looks too weak, at least in my opinion.
Creativity [6] - The only interesting thing here is that it is a Honest-ish effect on a Continuous Trap. But still, it feels average to me.
Flavor [5] - I can see how not backing down relates to protection from battle destruction and the constant pushing (ATK boosts). However, the flavor in the card doesn't go any further. As a side comment because I'm not considering artworks in the scores, I was actually expecting a rock/metal song from the picture you chose for the card.

Total: 32

Archived