[Finished] Contest - A card for a song

Darj

Had this silly idea the other day and someone actually liked it, so why not make it a thing, right?

Requirement

Create a card based on a song.

Deadline
November 23th

[spoiler=Rules]

1. Regular YCM Rules apply.

2. The card must be based on a song.
2.1 You are free to pick any song. Of any genre (rock, pop, ambient, alternative, etc.), with or without lyrics, etc.
2.2 The card's name must be the same as the chosen song. If the song's title is in a language different to English, you can name the card in that language, but include the name translated to English in your post.
2.3 It can be a monster of any kind, Spell, Trap; anything, really.
2.4 Its traits and effects should be related or make a reference to the chosen song's title, lyrics, genre and/or mood.
2.5 To keep things practical, no more than 3 effects in the card. Any more and most likely would be doing so much to the point of being unfair.

3. Include in your post the song and its lyrics (if any) your card is based on, so judges don't have to search for each songs to review the cards properly. You can post them directly (youtube video, copy/paste the lyrics), but links will also do.

EXCEPTION: If it's a NSFW/18+ song, then you have to post links and attach a warning to them.

4. Entries must be your own.

5. Write the card text under the card so it is easier to read.

6. Written Cards are allowed.

7. Check over your card before submitting it (OCG/grammar, card stats/effect), or you may get less points if it has a lot of mistakes.

8. If creating a Monster Card, no awkward ATK/DEF values such as XX30 or XX10.

9. No monsters with DIVINE attribute or Divine Beast-Type.

[spoiler=Suggestions to make judging easier]

1. If you submit a written card, I encourage you to include a short description of how the card artwork would look like. This can help you with flavor points by letting the judges understand a bit better your approach with the card.

2. If you suspect that it could be easy for judges to misunderstand your card's approach, a short description on how the card relates to the song should help to keep things clear.

Entry fee: 50 points (will go to the pot)

Prizes
1st -  50% of the pot + 1 rep
2nd - 30% of the pot
3rd - 15% of the pot

Pot: 3860
(Donations accepted. Thanks to Kinka-Byo, Striker, Dramatic Crossroad, Aman Indra for your donation)

Participants

(I will only accept a maximum of 10 participants.)

1. Kinka-Byo

2. Striker

3. Reptilious

4. Dramatic Crossoroad

5. XOXO

6. Kanashi no Hanashi

7. AsterikcAde

8. Aman Indra

9. Nikwiz190

10. Talim Rave

Judges
1.Voltex

[spoiler=Grading Criteria]

Playability [15] - Basically, how easy to, well, play and use the card. If it's not loaded with restrictions, its degree of splashability, etc. For instance, if it requires about 10+ monsters with X attribute in the grave, then its playability will be low.
Balance [15] - Fair effect, the advantage it generates is appropriate to its cost (eg. doesn't generate insane card advantage with no cost), etc.
Creativity [10] - If the effect is unique or underused, or has 2+ effects that by themselves may be bland, but acquire an interesting synergy together.
Flavor [10] - How much the card and its effect relates to the song they are based on.

Bonus [3] - These are to acknowledge and reward the card makers who, despite not being a requirement, take the extra mile by being clever with the flavor and hints added to their cards, regardless of how silly it may be.

NOTE: These bonus points won't allow you to go past the maximum scoring of 50.

Total [50]

In that case, 3 effects total and a Summoning restriction in the scale (e,g, "You cannot Pendulum Summon, except X monsters") as an option, which for the purposes of this contest won't be considered a proper effect, but more of a, well, restriction.

Welp I'm probably gonna jump the gun here but woot woot here's the card

[spoiler=Hiding this here]

r5tx8V8.jpg

When this face-down card would leave the field by an opponent's card effect: you can change this card to face-up Attack Position, and if you do, negate the effect and destroy it. Once per turn: you can activate this effect; until the end of this turn, this card gains ATK equal to the combined original ATK of all other face-up Machine-Type monsters you control. Other monsters you control cannot declare an attack the turn you activate this effect. During your Main Phase, if your opponent controls no monsters: change this card to face-down Defense Position.

Song feat. Lyrics:

EDIT: adding an explanation for stuff
[spoiler=Explanation]
"On a lonely night was a blinding light" References this cards Attribute, as well as the negating effect. The negating effect can also be considered to be connected to "Since you've awakened her again", since the opponent has to activate it. 

"A Hundred leaders would be born of you" Is a reference to the ATK gaining effect, as well as the anti-attacking restriction attached to it. 

"She/ I'll depend on you" is a reference for to the final effect, meaning that the card will "sleep" once the opponent is "no longer there". 

I will say no to that one. The idea is to keep things simple and practical. A Ritual Monster and its Ritual Spell would be difficult to splash or tech unless they carry self-sustainable effects such as searching for each other effortlessly, which would be silly and potentially unfair.

Watashi no turn!

[spoiler=Here's mine'']

NapAXMM.png

Servant of Evil

DARK/Level 4

Warrior/Effect

You can target 1 monster you control whose Level/Rank is equal to this card's Level; equip this monster from your hand to that target. Once per turn, while this card is equipped to a monster: You can target 1 monster your opponent's control whose Level/Rank is different than the equipped monster's Level/Rank; send it to the Graveyard, and if you do, you take damage equal to half of the sent monster's DEF. If the equipped monster would be destroyed, destroy this card instead.

0/1800

Music Video + Lyrics

[spoiler=A lil' bit of explanation'']

"Destiny separated pitiful twins"
"I will protect you so
You just be there smiling
"

Refer to why it is equipped to a monster and why the monster must be the same Level/Rank as the Servant of Evil. Since he's (servant) protecting his princess . . . so he must always be on her side, protecting her, being equipped to said monster. While also, the princess and the pervant is actually twin siblings being separated, that's why it only equip to a monster with the same Rank/Level, protecting the same Level/Rank monster (like the servant protecting his princess while both of them are twins.)

"If it's for the sake of protecting you

I'll become evil for you"

Refer to Servant of Evil's attribute, being a DARK, blindly loyal to his princess and protect her at any cost, even if it means doing a dirty job or become a villain.

"When I went to a neighbouring country
In town I caught sight of a girl of green
From that kind voice and smiling face
I fell in love at first sight

But if the princess wishes for that girl
To be erased
I will answer that"

Refer to Servant of Evil 2nd effect, able to send (erase) an opponent monster to the grave while being equipped to a monster (by the order of the princess.) But the monster must have a different Level/Rank (An outsider girl from a neighbouring country)

"Why? My tears won't stop"

Refer to Servant of Evil effect damage after successfully "erase" said monster, you take damage equal to half of the said monster's DEF.

(assassinating the girl with a surprise attack)

"I'm a princess, you're a fugitive
Destiny separated sad twins
If they say that you are evil
I have the same blood flowing through
"

Refer to Servant of Evil last effect, destroying itself in place of the equipped monster, sacrificing himself to be executed instead of the princess.

As for the ATK and DEF, Servant of Evil is "useless" and can't do anything without his princess, so he has 0 ATK, but a high DEF due to he's a servant who protects his princess and only acts by the commands of the princess, needs a high DEF.

EDIT: Fix some text.

Here is my card!

LmeVpLg.jpg

[spoiler=Effect]Cannot be Normal Summoned or set. Must be first Special Summoned (from your hand) if your opponent controls more cards on their side of the field and you have less LP than your opponent. When this card battles a monster: Immediatedly destroy that monster without applying damage calculation then select a card on your opponent's side of the field: Banish that selected card and your opponent can't activate card effects in response to this effect. When this card is destroyed or banished this turn: At the beginning of this turn's End Phase: You can send 2 cards from your hand to the graveyard to add this card from your graveyard or banished zone to your hand. You can only control 1 "The Vengeful One".

And here's the song: [spoiler=The Vengeful One by Disturbed]

[spoiler=Explanation]The song is about mainstream mass media outlets controlling and conditioning the general public's mind, in the official music video if you have the inclination to view it in your free time depicts Disturbed's mascot killing off the media moguls and I implement that theme into the effect of this entry. The media taking advantage of people's ignorance and gaining ratings is represented in the summoning clause of the card. The media controlling what we think equals your opponent controlling more cards than you and having more life points than you then The Vengeful One appears to save (the general public) you in the game by kicking ass with it's effect immediately destroying the media (monsters). His resurrection effect represents his ability to be unaffected by the fear peddling and the propaganda of mass media.

Would you believe me if I said I had a card already made for this? (Apparently, I had a legit psychic moment.)

NRxSr8t.png

Type: Normal Spell
Effect: Both players shuffle their hands and Graveyards into their decks, then draw five cards each. If your opponent controls fewer monsters than you, they may Special Summon one monster from their hand to their side of the field.
~~~
Explanation: Another case of listening to a song too many times. There's always the chance that a duel (and therefore the 'music') will end because of a deck out. This card prevents such from happening, but not without bestowing a possible gift upon the opponent in the process, a dancing partner for your monsters as everyone listens to the song mentioned here.

Song: Don't Stop the Music

Archived