As You Were...

Encalade Shinamisu

Well then, It's been eons. I started on this website way back in my youth, in high school. Is it weird to say I feel like I'm getting old?

My 21st bday is coming around by the end of the year. I don't even know if half the people I used to know are still on here. I've gone through some odd times over the last several years, but I always have this place to thank for getting me into creative and engaging hobbies/habits. I don't write as much as I used to, but all of my writing and worldbuilding, creating and such started here. Having a more open mind in my youth brought me to where I am today, and it kept my spirits up when things were rough. 

This place is probably well beyond changed from almost 8 years ago when I first came on here. I was in freaking middle school back then, my god. Pretty much all of the forums I got into started from connections here. And from those forums I once browsed came tumblr, and so forth. 

I'm just amazed to come back and see this website carry on. I remember so few names from when I was here, Phantom Roxas, Claire, Xirno, Nexev, Miranda, Joshua. 

I wonder if any of them are still hanging around. Pfft. 

I was on here at a pretty young age as I was a kid with little friends and still do have little, but im cool with the small groups and not large ones. I was young so I acted a little idiotic with a pretty stupid name and eventually ditched this site until randomly deciding to come back for no apparent reason, then I ended up staying and building myself up more. I remember back when the site was on myBB and I used to have a Sonic Fan Character card set made in Pop Culture Cards. Good old days.

It's interesting seeing these people here from when they were wee ones. I was like, 18 when I first joined for my brief time here in 2011. I wasn't much d...I was a lot different actually. I was shy and hated speaking up and thought everyone was so much better at doing this whole "being on a forum" thing.

And I reacted much worse to people mocking/insulting me then. Back then I'd take it even more to heart than now, hence one reason I left and didn't come back until last year.

Woof. Yeah I remember arguments used to get so heavy back then too. Over the littlest things. But that's just, well, being young. Looking back on it it's kind of funny to read over though. Not so funny is grimacing over vocabulary and the odd mannerisms you may have had on forums waaaaaaaay back when.

Did I know you by any chance Espeon? 

I've had Mira on FB for awhile now, but I've never really gotten back in contact. My life's taken such an odd turn considering where I was all those years back. I'm currently in Pensacola, FL for USMC AM training. The last time I was on a forum, it was Dealuin I think, and I was applying to colleges in high school gearing towards studying Mechanical Engineering. I think I was still in contact with Joshua back then.

Can't honestly say I recall. But it's nice to meet you now, no? 

Unique minds like so tend to incidentally rile up peculiar circumstances; I guess it's all about how everyone chooses to receive a 'different perspective'. And it's probably easier to work in new thoughts from a peaceful state than it is to make peace and agreement in an anarchy. Admittedly most people aren't geared to respect or listen to one another without some form of precedent or rule set for them first.

Can't say I remember you, nor do I expect you to remember me. I do however know what it's like going through the training in Pensacola. I was training there back in 2013 myself. It gets better once you get out of there man, just hang tough and don't do anything crazy.

Oh yeah, things have been fun here for the most part though. It sucks to be under 21 because I have no reason to go to portside imo. But I turn 21 on the 23rd and I'm going home for Christmas leave for about two weeks. I've refrained from underage drinking since I got into the Marine Corps. I've only had to wait from April. Trying to get this meritorious Lance Corporal promotion so I haven't let anything deter me from that. 

My orders were given recently, I'l be on V-22 Osprey training after grad in January. 

What's your MOS/craft?

I probably remember who you are, but chances are that you don't with me.

If you were around pre-July 28th, 2010, you might've known me by my other nickname: jk233_ultimatemaster (Yeah, I changed this because it is really awkward).

Otherwise, it's Sakura from that point onward.

----

I've been on YCM since I was 14, and now I'm 21 (and almost 1 month).

Back then, a lot of things happened (which I probably forgot, and likely rather not go back and read)

From what I understand I was prolific between 2011 and 2013. Most of what people say I was vary between "You were misunderstood" and "You were a gigantic prick". The truth is, I will never understand who I was before, I suppose I have come to accept that. Nevertheless, I am glad I searched for remnants of my former self as I came to this awesome site and met some all around cool and intelligent people. That alone, is enough for closure.

Well we've been around since the same year, I imagine we must've ran into each other at some point or another.

Around this time last year was when I cam back to this site...and I'm so glad i did!  I might have lost touch with the yugioh meta ages ago, but this community is worth sticking around for!  Glad to see you're getting back into the swing of things!  

I'm 19 so I've been on YCM since I was like 12. Holy s***

From like 8 to 16 now rofl.

Anyway op I don't really remember you but I'm gonna say this much: the people from here that I give an actual sheet about are still around and very reachable. Even if I'm not talking to the often it's still a comforting feeling of having somewhere to fall back to like this. Shout-out to all the old showcase kids but especially my boys night and tormy.

Archived