United Duelists of YCM (DN Dueling Club)

cr47t

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

On Dueling Network, there's cards that clearly state in the corner "TCG", others that state "OCG", and others that just have a yellow circle with a dash across the circle; does that mean they're unreleased, not in TCG, or unconfirmed?

Oh I see. OCG means any card that isn't officially released in TCG yet. The yellow "NO" sign is for exclusives that are neither legal in OCG nor TCG; specifically the Korean exclusives.

The reason I ask about sets that have release dates is that often most YCM tournaments will go TCG only, but allow cards from future sets that will be guaranteed to release in TCG in a few months anyways, such as Winged Raiders. I bring this up because technically Quantums nor Phantom Knights (both part of that set) have not been released in TCG yet, but we know they will be available in TCG in about 2 months.

Oh I see. OCG means any card that isn't officially released in TCG yet. The yellow "NO" sign is for exclusives that are neither legal in OCG nor TCG; specifically the Korean exclusives.

The reason I ask about sets that have release dates is that often most YCM tournaments will go TCG only, but allow cards from future sets that will be guaranteed to release in TCG in a few months anyways, such as Winged Raiders. I bring this up because technically Quantums nor Phantom Knights (both part of that set) have not been released in TCG yet, but we know they will be available in TCG in about 2 months.

Yeah; I knew those first two before. I just didn't know the third sign (or wasn't sure). Danke.

You know what, imma allow OCG cards, except for top tier-quality OCG archetypes.

I'm doing this so the UDY dosen't break up any further than it seems to have from my point of view. (Mainly looking at EndUser's choice to leave, but also at any other arguements about ocg)

EDIT: It was Yui who quit over that not Enduser

By that logic, Castel, the Skyblaster Musketeer, Number 101: Silent Honors ARK, Tellarknight Ptolemaeus, and Qliphort Towers aren't even that good.

Okay.

Well... Yeah. Towers isn't that good. There's a reason it wasnt used prior to Wavering Eyes becoming a thing. S.H ARK is one of the worse good R4NK options available. Castel and CDI is so very different idek why you're saying that. The difference between 2-mat and 3-mat is huge, since Castel is always available to make, while CDI requires effort and dedication, an effort/dedication that can be easily baited. As for Ptoley, it's a stupid card but how good it is is dictated by its targets.

Well... Yeah. Towers isn't that good. There's a reason it wasnt used prior to Wavering Eyes becoming a thing. S.H ARK is one of the worse good R4NK options available. Castel and CDI is so very different idek why you're saying that. The difference between 2-mat and 3-mat is huge, since Castel is always available to make, while CDI requires effort and dedication, an effort/dedication that can be easily baited. As for Ptoley, it's a stupid card but how good it is is dictated by its targets.

Then why does everyone use these cards if they're not that good?

Then why does everyone use these cards if they're not that good?

Define this everyone, then. Most decks aside from R4NK dedicated decks don't use 101, and R4NK only uses it for the extra option. Ptole/CDI engine was widely used in OCG because OCG is OCG and they like to tech weird power plays no matter how good it actually is. Towers/Towers Turbo was overhyped to hell and everyone quickly learnt to side against it and stopped the deck from ever doing anything, and you're just plain wrong on the notion of Castel not being good.

Define this everyone, then. Most decks aside from R4NK dedicated decks don't use 101, and R4NK only uses it for the extra option. Ptole/CDI engine was widely used in OCG because OCG is OCG and they like to tech weird power plays no matter how good it actually is. Towers/Towers Turbo was overhyped to hell and everyone quickly learnt to side against it and stopped the deck from ever doing anything, and you're just plain wrong on the notion of Castel not being good.

Castel is not good. It's a generic 2000 ATK Xyz that shuffles a card into the Deck.

As per the dear host, when is the possible day we'll duel?

I will see if I can schedule some duels today and some tomorrow afternoon, but I do not know if I can do a whole round today (there will be about 3) because of a bunch of factors, including the upcoming US democratic debate, which I might be watching, which will be a problem as I am judging.

That said, anyone who would like to play a duel in round 1 today please post and I will post if that will be ok and when it will be tonight.

So here is my attempt at setting up a pair of people to duel eachother for tonight.

--1st Round--

Duel 1:

EndUser (dn; vidacconly) vs VCR CAT (Dn; VCR CAT)

EndUser would host if that is OK.

This is mainly because nobody else in UDY besides me seems to be online right now.

Duel should be in Advanced UNrated and setting up it should look something like this, for example; (look in the bottom right section of image for setting up how to host)

VLlBdOU.png

Once you guys post that you will be available we can start real soon after that.

Screw it; I'll take a chance. I'm joining.

Username: Akira Morimoto

However, the only Decks I really use are "Fabled" , "Shaddoll" Train, "Melodious", and "Majespecter". Though, I could use other Decks if my opponent's not using top-tier or anything of the sort.

I'm available right now (It's currently 6:43 P.M. where I live).

I believe I should drop by to show the OP this:

http://challonge.com/

For your tournament running needs. And it's always good to let everyone in the first round go at their discretion, instead of waiting for one at a time.

Oh plus, always announce who won. Does DN have a replay thing or anything? It's also good to have people post that, or at least a screenshot of the end, to show who won and such.

Just some tips from a guy who's been doing something similar on YCM for a year now :)

Archived