Card Request Thread [Defunct]

VampireofDarkness

So as 2099 rolls on, I think it's more than clear to see that not every Deck can be catered to and not all of them can be approached rather timely. As a way to get closer to handling this, it has decided to attempt to include this thread to request the addition of specific Konami cards into the card pool. However, there are some limitations to this:

- Only 10 accepted requests can be made in a month per user.

- As implied above, said requests must be approved by Judges: Kano, myself, or Hunduel

- Cards imported in this manner, if approved, will be placed in the singles shop at their highest rarity in the TCG

Ex. The Dark Creator would be imported in Secret Rare, in spite of its most recent print being in Common

If there are any further questions, ask below, otherwise happy requesting!

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I want to request for now:

- Mischief of the Gnomes

- Fossil Dig

- Evolkaiser Laggia

- Evolkaiser Dolka

- Constellar Ptolemy M7

- Constellar Pleiades

- No.19 Freezardon

- No.61 Volcasaurus

- Hidden Armory

- Monsters Gate

All the dinosaurs are denied by me, because you're only doing it to make a point with the Apex archetype.

I want to request for now:

- Mischief of the Gnomes

- Fossil Dig

- Evolkaiser Laggia

- Evolkaiser Dolka

- Constellar Ptolemy M7

- Constellar Pleiades

- No.19 Freezardon

- No.61 Volcasaurus

- Hidden Armory

- Monsters Gate

Gnomes is a rather diverse Trap that can also do some nasty things in more ways than necessary. For this, I am in disfavor of it

Fossil Dig is essentially a ROTA, and to get ROTA 2099 had to get a replacement for it. I think that speaks for itself my no

The Evolzars are rather oppressive and are not the kind of cards I would want people to look to in standard of Xyz, so again no

M7 we already got

Plieades is a crazy card with a lot of bonkers utility and we have a more fair version of that coming our way soon. I see Plieades as not only unfair but redundant in this case

Freezadon I would like to ask what is the intended use cause I am not sure whether this is needed or not

Volcasaurus I will have to give a second look at but I think it may be ok

Hidden Armory again would like to check intended use to know whether it is ok or not

Monster Gate is a No from me, it's a rather silly card that has yet to see a fair play come out of it. It might not always be the best card, but I find it to be a degenerate one at that. I will ask for an opinion from Kano though cause I am somewhat divided, though mostly towards no

Gnomes is a rather diverse Trap that can also do some nasty things in more ways than necessary. For this, I am in disfavor of it

Fossil Dig is essentially a ROTA, and to get ROTA 2099 had to get a replacement for it. I think that speaks for itself my no

The Evolzars are rather oppressive and are not the kind of cards I would want people to look to in standard of Xyz, so again no

M7 we already got

Plieades is a crazy card with a lot of bonkers utility and we have a more fair version of that coming our way soon. I see Plieades as not only unfair but redundant in this case

Freezadon I would like to ask what is the intended use cause I am not sure whether this is needed or not

Volcasaurus I will have to give a second look at but I think it may be ok

Hidden Armory again would like to check intended use to know whether it is ok or not

Monster Gate is a No from me, it's a rather silly card that has yet to see a fair play come out of it. It might not always be the best card, but I find it to be a degenerate one at that. I will ask for an opinion from Kano though cause I am somewhat divided, though mostly towards no

i kinda undertstand all of them, but Gnomes? lol

it doesnt do anything on TCG, OCG and ARG, why will do something on 2099?

Hidden Armory is intended to use on Zodiac Stars tho (Ophicus)

i kinda undertstand all of them, but Gnomes? lol

it doesnt do anything on TCG, OCG and ARG, why will do something on 2099?

Hidden Armory is intended to use on Zodiac Stars tho (Ophicus)

Gnomes actually is a fairly sided card in the OCG and formerly in the TCG, both because of BA and in TCG Tellar, and do the job really well because being a hand Trap you can open with it going second and still be able to make great use of it

I'd like to request:

• Mezuki
  • Uni-Zombie
  • PSY-Framelord Omega
  • Pilgrim Reaper
  • Gold Sarcophagus
Thank you Darkness!
I am somewhat on the fence about Mezuki and Uni Zombie actually. Me and Grezar reworked Gashadokuro based on the concept of not having Uni Zombie or Mezuki so it's not something I totally intended. I will think about those and give a definite answer soon.

Omega I am fency about due to the interactions it has with Distant. I might test it first before I let it in

Fun Fact about Pilgrim Reaper: It originally was supposed to be in BAR1. So yea, definitely in

I don't see why Gold Sarc can't get in

Ok: How about Number 22: Zombiestein?

EDIT: Chill Aman. This is a completely different format and the only reason Pleidas is ok in the OCG/TCG is because the only Rank 5 LIGHT deck is Cyber Dragons. That could be different over in 2099. Have you seen how annoying Majespecter Unicorn is in Pendulum Magicians? Darkness is trying to prevent that kind of situation coming to 2099.

what the f*** ? no pleidas ? oh come on ? you just took a big gun out of my apex and say it's"unfair" ? dude the card is at 3 right now what the hel ? and it ain't even damn generic.

Actually, the Apex Plieades is more fair because it destroys and not bounces. It's the overall diversity of plays you can do with it that become rather nasty. Bounce Call of the Haunted, bounc a Scale, bounce your Field for additional uses, and you can still bounce your opponen's cards. And as Speedroid said, it's mostly not around there cause there are not as many good LIGHT R5 Decks. Plieades is literally asking for there to be a good one and when there is, I expect Plieades to be its MVP.

Ok: How about Number 22: Zombiestein?

EDIT: Chill Aman. This is a completely different format and the only reason Pleidas is ok in the OCG/TCG is because the only Rank 5 LIGHT deck is Cyber Dragons. That could be different over in 2099. Have you seen how annoying Majespecter Unicorn is in Pendulum Magicians? Darkness is trying to prevent that kind of situation coming to 2099.

Zombiestein for sure would love to see actually

Gnomes actually is a fairly sided card in the OCG and formerly in the TCG, both because of BA and in TCG Tellar, and do the job really well because being a hand Trap you can open with it going second and still be able to make great use of it

Gnomes isnt a hand trap, is a trap that banish on grave to apply again .-.

Isnt that bad lol

Btw, what about Hidden Armory?

request

-Castel, The Skyblaster Musketeer

-Abyss Dweller

-Stardust Spark Dragon

-PSY-Framelord Zeta

-PSY-Framelord Omega

-Salvage

-Twin Twister

-Daigusto Emeral

-Instant Fusion

-Elder Entity Norden

Instant fusion and norden?

i guess they would say no since they even ban norden when the DP banlist was a thing

i second her in castel, dweller and emerald~

request

-Castel, The Skyblaster Musketeer

-Abyss Dweller

-Stardust Spark Dragon

-PSY-Framelord Zeta

-PSY-Framelord Omega

-Salvage

-Twin Twister

-Daigusto Emeral

-Instant Fusion

-Elder Entity Norden

If I may, I campaign against Castel (very strong card that only helps to import the R4NK decks that I am trying to escape from to 2099), Abyss Dweller (easy, generic card that shuts down one part of the game, hurting creativity by limiting what kind of decks are viable to make) and Instant Fusion (hurts creativity by limiting what sort of cards people can make as Level 5 or lower Fusion Monsters, without them being abusable with this. Yes you can put conditions on any Level 5 or lower Fusion monster, but it's just another hassle that we all have to remember, and that some newby cardmaker might not think about, and then their card gets rejected because of one interaction, and they have to re-submit with a tiny errata. Plus it would mean we can't import Thousand-Eyes Restrict, which it looks like Kano might want to request at some point).

I'd be up for testing Norden without Instant Fusion though.

If I may, I campaign against Castel (very strong card that only helps to import the R4NK decks that I am trying to escape from to 2099), Abyss Dweller (easy, generic card that shuts down one part of the game, hurting creativity by limiting what kind of decks are viable to make) and Instant Fusion (hurts creativity by limiting what sort of cards people can make as Level 5 or lower Fusion Monsters, without them being abusable with this. Yes you can put conditions on any Level 5 or lower Fusion monster, but it's just another hassle that we all have to remember, and that some newby cardmaker might not think about, and then their card gets rejected because of one interaction, and they have to re-submit with a tiny errata. Plus it would mean we can't import Thousand-Eyes Restrict, which it looks like Kano might want to request at some point).

Dweller IMO is a card that can be played around and outside of WATER Decks isn't threatening on its own. It's very very good, probably the breaking point of which I would say, but not at any point where I would say "F that".

TER is a card Kano is not interested in and has literally created a replacement for, and tbh in general is a card I don't like being around here. Instant Fusion interactions can actually be dodged and in all cases I have seen are not as game breaking as Norden and if they are, they are on a basis that already seems rather silly.

Norden without IF is kinda pointless without Super Poly, and Fusion Summoning Norden properly tends to only be used in rather silly combos I'm sure most people know of by now

Castel is a controversial card, I am well aware, hence the delay. However, there are some ins and outs to it, ones which I will be waiting on the format to shape in to give the set that gives Castel and Emeral respectively to evaluate.

But R4NK decks are the most effective and efficient power deck. Trying to take that away is a crime.

Archived