Favorite Original Soundtracks in Anime

I'm referring to the soundtrack of the entire series, not any specific ones. My top five are probably, in no order...

Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex

Cowboy Bebop

Hunter X Hunter (2011 series)

Fullmetal Alchemist (2003 series)

Mushishi

I also greatly enjoy the entire soundtracks of Clannad: After Story and Berserk. Oh, and both of the Naruto series. What are your favorites?

Clannad + After Story

Little Busters!  (all 'round)

Kanon + 2006

I would have said a couple others that no one else would think notable, but truth be told, these are the only ones I really found all that notable. Thank you Key I'm so messed up

Baccano comes up when I think about this. The entire OST was a joy to listen to.

Kara no Kyoukai's OST I don't listen to too much, other than for the few tracks that stood out but the movies' sound experience was brilliant so I suppose I attribute that to the soundtrack.

Macross, especially 7, has great stuff, especially when half the soundtrack is provided by the singers. Just listen to Basara sing.

Girls und Panzer is a musical joy to listen to, since it sticks to the same leitmotif in a lot of its tracks, made it very memorable.

The 2006 Fate/DEEN anime, for all its flaws has an amazing OST I don't think anything else adapted from Type-Moon has quite surpassed, and that includes the OP.

Ping Pong's OST is fuckin' great.

and .hack/SIGN.

There's probably a lot more I could mention if I can remember but in no real order except Baccano, those ones are the ones I do remember.

Hiroyuki Sawano.

God bless this (sometimes overrated but not completely undeserving of such) man. ESPECIALLY with his work for Gundam Unicorn.

Anything Sawano Hiroyuki does is really up there, but I also love Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann, Haikyuu!!, Mushishi, Blood Blockade Battlefront, Food Wars, and One Punch Man's soundtracks. It's hard to say, really, since many of them are so different and I'm generally bad at picking absolute, numerical favorites.

All of the 5Ds stuff done by Masa'aki Endoh is still cool; then again, most of the soundtracks from there are nice anyway.

Though a lot of the Shippuden tracks by Yasuharu Takanashi are awesome too (as are the originals [i don't know who's responsible for those]).

And yes, this technically means I need to find more anime to watch (I'd mention some Pokemon stuff, but there's only a few that I like [and referring to the original Japanese stuff]).

Archived