Musaigen Phantom World: KYOANI RAMPING UP THE CHUUNI

Musaigen-no-Phantom-World.png

Also known as er, Myriad Colors Phantom World. Maybe it's just me but just the title alone sounds chuuni as hell.

Kyoto Animation's new show started airing today and well, it really is Kyoani. The animation and visuals are gorgeous as always, and because this is a light novel adaptation that's really all I'm judging Kyoani itself on(besides their choice of adapting this instead of something else that deserves an S3).

The show itself is pretty boring so far, it's like Kyoukai no Kanata and I didn't really enjoy that one much either outside of best girl(who's the best girl you ask, why it's the scarf guy's sister). So sure, some sort of brain contamination allowed everyone to see these phantoms, and these phantoms are either the ones who inspired all the mythological lore about them in the first place, or they're created by the belief people hold in them, I didn't catch that part too well. Didn't make the "We now live in a world in which fiction and reality blends together" schtick sound any less cheesy and unfitting.

There are things I want to complain about(the blandness of the MC and most of the cast, the premise, etc) and things I want to praise(the Kyoani-quality animated tits, the...eh the animation and visual quality really is all I want to praise right now, and maybe senpai's ponytail) but I hope I'll find myself enjoying this show more down the line. 

It's a light novel adaptation so I doubt the writing'll change very much, probably won't improve but Kyoani has me leashed like a dog. I keep coming back to them anyway despite my dislike of some of their shows.

At least I have the Euphonium movie and someday, S2 to hype for.

>KyoAni

into the trash it goes

Hey man, Euphonium was pretty good. And Amabri was enjoyable to follow during its run.

But for this particular show I won't really defend it.

Tbh I only watch this for the senpai and animation. If I wasn't watching this once per week, I'd probably drop this.

frankly i'll probably be the same

senpai and her animated tiddies

ON A DIFFERENT NOTE

YZP2Ajd.jpg

I'M ALL FOR TWIN TAILS BUT THIS IS AN ABOMINATION

JESUS WHY

actually most of the characters' designs bother me in some way, even senpai. her color scheme feels wrong, like there's too many colors in. and for everyone else, the green lines in their uniform makes it look overly done. the headphones girl looks pretty okay but her aside, i don't really like the designs in this

But... they won, how was that lame? Heh, bottom is bloomers and top is uniform.

and he actually mentions how cliche his incounter with Reina is! Even that's not the most unique thing at this point, but I generally find it better than not doing so. 

2 completely unreleated limbos, go Mai!

I wasn't so optimistic about this, since it's some kind of action after Kyoukai, but I think I enjoyed the first ep more than any of Kyoukai's. It is very much like half Chuuni, half Kyoukai though, and very interesting as such. Hope it stays decent, 'cause I really love most of Kyoani's stuff.

I really enjoyed the first episode. MC who's name I've already forgotten actively trying to avoid the cliche boob grab only to end up seeing up Reina's skirt was pretty funny. I hope the "plot" stuff is left at boob physics and stuff like what was in this episode, wouldn't want it getting too obtrusive.

frankly i'll probably be the same

senpai and her animated tiddies

ON A DIFFERENT NOTE

YZP2Ajd.jpg

I'M ALL FOR TWIN TAILS BUT THIS IS AN ABOMINATION

JESUS WHY

I find it funny how you seem shocked by this considering with 5D's where we had Ruka/Luna with the a similar style.

OT: The show to me does seem like a interesting to look at based on style and story for dealing with Phantoms (either by battle or by doing the limbo)

I questioned the designs once before but I started to not mind them sometime between then and actually watching it... so before I watched it. Somehow.

But I didn't see that until watching. It does need to go. I'll see how I feel about it in the future but...  I think the fact that it's hanging down more than Luna's with just about the same high tied twintails is what does it for me.

Well, I freaking knew he would get kicked out, but it ended up being so abrupt after them not figuring out what they had to do right away, I laughed anyway! Hehe. 

One question. Does Ichijou have to draw it again if he wanted to use the same phantom after already summoning one? I mean, it seemed to imply if it's still in good condition it didn't even go away, but he wouldn't want to keep them anyway if it would end up piling expenses up to care for them, yet I can totally see that being a thing that might happen.

• 2 weeks later...

and now we have a couple more phantoms that actually aren't all that bad, they only made a fuss to try and get back at Mai. Don't assume they really have to do that again, but don't really know how they could make contact otherwise.... I do like how Ichijou knew those... private things after he got the shared memories. 

I see you hiding there though, don't think just because you do a poor job at hiding it's okay to ruin twintails. 

New ep, it was best when Mai went into dream land, LOL. Everyone hugging her and father bunny jumping up and caressing her hair, and how she unconsiously took Ruru's offer and ate the food.

But ah, d00d. I know it isn't impossible to get back together, and I do wish you the best, but isn't that called a divorce?

Archived