KONOSUBA -God's blessing on this wonderful world!

Shradow

Classic scumzuma. Him selling the sword was 10/10.

And he kinda has a point. He basically started off at a disadvantage, with a dumb goddess with sheet luck. And he's still made it this far, guy deserves something.

Dullahan appearing again as a side note at the end was great. He's probably there to reprimand all of them for not trying to save their comrade or something. Good guy Dullahan!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 4 weeks later...

but I never knew it'd be this much of a hit!

It's not, really... It's definitely selling showing good preorder numbers, but for the best seller, it would be pretty bad any other season. Even the most popular Winter stuff never usually make that big an impact. Love Live was only as much of a success due to how marketable it was. Madoka is special in many ways. This having 10 eps, sure, whatever, no matter how many eps it had, I don't really think it stands much of a chance of being as remembered, imho. Though maybe I'm still not really well-versed in this kind of thing.

I'll be glad to get rid of one of my 3 least enjoyed (not least favourite, or worst, or most disliked. Essentially what I'm saying with all this rambling is that, least enjoyed seems to be a decent term for enjoying all I'm still watching to some degree) this season a little earlier, honestly. I guess I should say 4 (if I did include what I dropped, but), but even with some enjoyment, someone whose favourite genre is comedy, and one who still doesn't take it that seriously, this just kind of fell flat for me.

Self-correction. Checked just a while ago and if we're including shorts then Koyomimonogatari is the best selling show from this season. That said, in second place is Konosuba even if you include shorts. It's still way more than was expected of a cheap DEEN LN adaptation.

This episode was pretty funny, it's a good thing the entire party is really stupid otherwise this would never work.

Aqua's presence probably brought everyone's intelligence down a few notches.

Well, you guys got your wish

I don't really know how I think about it... one of those things I'd rather just be over... but maybe they know how it is actually gonna make some decent numbers and decided not to rush into an ending. I mean, that is the most likely answer (I'll see really soon when I get to watching the last ep, but seems fairly obvious), so that's good, but I'm probably still not gonna be that excited about it.

I love how anti-climactic and easy basically all the fights in this show go. An explosion here, create water here, and bam, done. XD

Now we wait for season 2.

There was a little more to it this time... 2 explosions... and then another explosion! Then teleporting the- okay that part was fairly consequential. 

Okay... it works... hell, even as a rushed ending, but... I feel like it could have been a bit crazier, idk. Just... in the sense of this being way too hype for something like this, if only if was like this a little more often... 

If it was like it in the LNs, I would still think the part was rushed. By crazier, I meant that it could easily have been even more rushed, but imo, it has all the makings of feeling rushed. Sure they already talked about the Destroyer (I think just the ep before, but maybe I'm not remembering something else), but it still seemed like it came out of nowhere, in all honesty. The only way that I agreed to setting up season 2 before I even watched the ep is that I know they wanted to make it happen at that point.

• 2 weeks later...

I think overtime I've lost some of my expectations on this kind of setup. At least I didn't really enjoy Zero no Tsukaima and have had trouble finding something that doesn't bother me somewhere in the way they do things.

When it comes to MMO/RPG settings.....  I almost expected it to be a SAO-like show.

I was pleasantly surprised though. This show is awesome. The main cast are so incompetent in so many ways but are so right for the situations they are thrown into.

It is more of a slice of life mockery of a genre, and I'm perfectly ok with that xD

• 2 weeks later...

I just finished marathoning this the other day.

Can't believe I skipped out on this for the season, it was actually pretty funny. The cast's mutual stupidity made for some really great chemistry and I'm anxious for its second season now. Who'd have thought Studio Deen would produce two of the best shows last season?

• 9 months later...
Really funny episode, I forgot about Darkness's family. They're really going all out with the wacky art style this time, but it fits.

Obviously none of them are smart enough to think of this, but they should've just let him get executed, then have Aqua resurrect him again.

Archived