[Season 4] YCM SotW #19 - Freestyle

Catman25

13 members have voted

1. 1. Vote

Voting for #1. At first glance, while the colors could've been a tad brighter, I was really diggin' the grungey vibe. Then I looked at it more and got to appreciate how well the bird blended in with the background while carrying the same style, which made the entire piece that much more symbolic of something despite not knowing the intentions of the artist. The cherry on top was the hidden face in the right wing, which is one of my favorite things about a piece is noticing something later after missing it the first time around.

It took me far to long to realize there was anything in 1. It's kinda a cool idea but it's not greatly implemented.

2 has too much empty space

3 feels cluttered

4, idk, just the elements look out of place together

5 is really the one that feels like it actually works together overall. So that's where I'm voting.

1 is just way too hard to make out what's going on. Maybe the artist was going for some artsy stuff but it's just not very well done imo.

2 really could've had a decent chunk of it cut out. Left side has a lot of empty space that makes the sig horizontally longer than it needs to be. The light blue wave thingy screws with the color balance a lot and looks cheap too. The render looks pixelated for some reason, either the original quality was bad in the first place or somehow the artist messed up resizing it. The red/orange/yellow gradient in the background is really simple but the attempt to fill it up with strokes of light is appreciated, although not quite enough either.

3 I like. Color choice is great. Lighting is not half bad but I question why the top of her head seems to be glowing slightly. Font and logo on the left distracts my attention from the sig but I'll accept it as a stylistic choice. It looks incomplete though, like some of the background stuff could use some work on. The cocoon-like structure in the back really needs a filter or two to make it stand out less. Either way this one gets my vote.

4 feels too saturated. and the color palette could be better. The glowing red line thing distracts too much and doesn't blend well with the dark blue background. Render looks weird, kinda blurry and glowy in a bad way. Panty shot is appreciated, mind you.

The attempt to make it look like the render is burning along with the background is not bad in 5 but otherwise it feels plain. The contrasting colors could've looked great but they both look too subdued, not vibrant enough.

Yo ok, either I'm blind, or Night deletes everything before posting the voting, 'cause there's only 1 thread for each one, plus no one usually comments on the thread before it starts

I make the thread, then lock it, then unlock it after adding the submissions. 

How do you want to handle the the reward stuff. 

I make the thread, then lock it, then unlock it after adding the submissions. 

How do you want to handle the the reward stuff. 

That would make sense

And idk if the winner wants the points or not they can let me know, otherwise if you could put them in the Hall that'd be great

The win goes to #3, Madsen, congrats mate. Let me know what you want to do

Thanks for participating y'all, cool pieces all around. Turnout certainly could've been better, but it wasn't a funking disaster so that's cool. Ball's in Maddy's court for next theme, assuming there's enough interest to keep this going

Archived