Hey

River_Frye

welcome to the  enjoy your stay and remember not to necrobump.

if you're planning on getting back into the game, go for the new monarch structure deck. it's got just about everything you'll need, and there's no need to splurge on an extra (fusion) deck. (you can test it out on Duelingnetwork or YGPRO if you don't want to buy first)

this place is wierd, and there's a lot of things that go without saying (like proper grammar is appreciated at most, if not all times), but the people here are fun to watch.

welcome to the  enjoy your stay and remember not to necrobump.

if you're planning on getting back into the game, go for the new monarch structure deck. it's got just about everything you'll need, and there's no need to splurge on an extra (fusion) deck. (you can test it out on Duelingnetwork or YGPRO if you don't want to buy first)

this place is wierd, and there's a lot of things that go without saying (like proper grammar is appreciated at most, if not all times), but the people here are fun to watch.

Thank you. Yes, I know about "necro bumping" and I never do it. I'm on other forums and most rules apply everywhere. :)

I'm actually buying it tomorrow, lol. I tried downloading YGOPro, but it's not installing on my comp. (I have Win10)

I loathe improper grammar, lack of punctuation and run on sentences. It annoys me like like dirt annoys a clean freak, lol.

I'm sure I'll have fun here, thank you.

Welcome to YCM, River_Fyre.

I'll skip the usual "read the rules" reminder since you're on other forums and should have a general idea of how to behave; though just be aware that certain sections have particular rules that do not exist in other places.

Anyway, it may be good if you take a look at the TCG section, since a lot of the updates to the game are discussed there; the game has likely gotten much faster since the last time you've played. Don't worry if you take a while to get used to the current format; at present, I think the common Decks running around lately are EmEm/PePe (you will hear people call it both ways; basically a combination of Performapal/'mages) and Kozmos. May be a bit out of date with others, but that's what I recall.

If you're into designing your own stuff, check out Custom Cards (or CC as it's currently abbreviated).

----------

With that in mind, feel free to PM a staff member if you need help.

Stuff regarding Custom Cards can be forwarded to me for the most part, as CC is my main area at present (in addition to here and Q/A).

TCG questions can be forwarded to evilfusion or Koko.

Have fun!

Good day to you. I am Gadjiltron, one of the mods of Custom Cards.

In the time you spent not playing, the game has had a lot of changes. You'll find that the standards for cards has escalated incredibly, and that something that would be outlandish years ago is commonplace today.

I hope you are able to adapt. I look forward to what cards you'll make.

Welcome to YCM, River_Fyre.

I'll skip the usual "read the rules" reminder since you're on other forums and should have a general idea of how to behave; though just be aware that certain sections have particular rules that do not exist in other places.

Anyway, it may be good if you take a look at the TCG section, since a lot of the updates to the game are discussed there; the game has likely gotten much faster since the last time you've played. Don't worry if you take a while to get used to the current format; at present, I think the common Decks running around lately are EmEm/PePe (you will hear people call it both ways; basically a combination of Performapal/'mages) and Kozmos. May be a bit out of date with others, but that's what I recall.

If you're into designing your own stuff, check out Custom Cards (or CC as it's currently abbreviated).

----------

With that in mind, feel free to PM a staff member if you need help.

Stuff regarding Custom Cards can be forwarded to me for the most part, as CC is my main area at present (in addition to here and Q/A).

TCG questions can be forwarded to evilfusion or Koko.

Have fun!

Thank you very much. I have heard of PePe decks, and someone gave me a list of what is in there. It's way too expensive for me, but I am going for the Monarchs. I'm not really any good at graphic designing, but I will give this create a card a shot. I will also check out that section of the forum you mentioned. 

Good day to you. I am Gadjiltron, one of the mods of Custom Cards.

In the time you spent not playing, the game has had a lot of changes. You'll find that the standards for cards has escalated incredibly, and that something that would be outlandish years ago is commonplace today.

I hope you are able to adapt. I look forward to what cards you'll make.

What would be outlandish today? I feel like a noob again with all the new stuff. I'm going to try to get into making some cards, hope they are good.

You don't have to be good at graphic designing to make cards; writing it out in text format is perfectly acceptable. Or you can borrow images from Google or the like; most people do. 

As for the standards, right now the game is pretty much OTK and mass advantage (as you probably got from looking at the EmEm lists and other stuff). Simple beaters aren't as effective nowadays, and effect removal / immunity is rather common for certain bosses. That, and heavy Extra Deck usage (bar for Monarchs and some others). 

----

In addition to Gadjiltron, there is also Zextra if you need to ask about stuff in Custom Cards (if you see him around). 

Archived