Artifact Gamble [Signup and OOC]

Draconus297

Part wrong, part right.

Part dark, part light.

Such is the inherent nature of humanity.

For example, history does repeat itself, but not due to any unerring law of the universe. It is only due to the decline, the weakness, of humanity itself.

There are 22 Artifacts- powerful objects that reset and grow formless every 111 years. Once all 22 Artifacts have form, they have 33 days to be collected by a single individual. Should they be united, the one being who unites them rules as a deity until the next time the Artifacts lose form. Should no one unite the Artifacts, the events of the last 111 years repeat without any important change.

The problem lies in the fact that no one ever tries to unite the Artifacts, rather enjoying the simple power just one grants. However, finally there is something to make strides forward- all the Artifacts are in one city, their forms those of art, of vehicles, of pieces of clothing . . . and semi-united like this, the Artifacts gain a voice. Talking to those who decide their forms.

Making it clear what they're capable of.

[spoiler=Rules]

1. No godmodding. That's my job.

2. Control ONLY YOUR OWN CHARACTER. Don't know how many times I've had to catch people on this one.

3. All apps must follow the format below. No rearranging it, no altering things- just fill in the damned boxes.

4. All posts in IC must be 100 words or more. Not my rule, that's the site's.

5. Don't metagame or otherwise be an ass. None of that.

6. At the beginning and end of every IC post, timestamp yourself. Remember, this RP has a time limit, so you must keep track of how much time you take with each action.

[spoiler=App Format]

RPer: Who are you?

Name: Who is your character?

Gender: Are you a boy, or are you a girl? Or something else? I honestly am unsure on how many gender identities exist now, actually.

Appearance: How do you look? Find a picture, or make an appropriately descriptive paragraph. Or both, not picky.

Personality: What kind of person are you? I'm gonna need a paragraph, maybe two.

Wish: What did you need/want in the moment, that the Artifact became? Pictures, descriptions, anything.

Pfft. Nah, I prefer my GM powers. If I do something unfair, I'd like it to be considered "difficulty" and not "cheating".

Alright, I'll open up the app page in a bit.

I'll have my app by tomorrow night at the earliest.  Saw your post so this is just a heads up.  Already excited and looking forward to this!

RPer: Kexotero

Name: Alex Virello 

Appearance: Alex stands at 6 feet exactly and weighs around 180 pounds. He has a dark green eye color, some long, golden-colored hair in the style of a crown braid, and an enthusiastic face for most of the time.  He has white skin. He has thin arms and regular legs, giving him a good body for using the Zephyr Whip Artifact, which is a golden whip with various lightning bolt patterns on it. His wardrobe is elegant and is mostly yellow and orange, with a small tint of brown.

Personality: Alex is a enthusiastic person who likes having fun, and is a pretty good friend. He likes attention a lot, so he does do a lot of risky things such as fighting strong people, climbing tall buildings, or angering a important person in the world. He has a hard time keeping secrets about anything except his weapon, and as such he is rarely told any secrets.
When he is fighting with the Zephyr Whip, he usually fights in a hard to predict style. He can change from whipping with electricity to punching to using a improvised weapon in almost no time. He usually tries to evade an opponent whenever possible, and then attack, both angering the opponent and also giving him some happiness. He almost always says "I've had enough fun for now. Let's finish this" whenever he believes that his final attack will be a finishing move. 

Wish: When Alex found his artifact, he wished for a magic rope that he could use to climb mountains, and the artifact turned into a magic whip that he now calls the Zephyr Whip. The Zephyr Whip is a golden whip with various lightning patterns on it that can emit electricity, as well as stretch at the most 60 feet. The whip is mainly used as a self-defense weapon for Alex, though he will go all out with the weapon if either his life is on the line, or if he has a chance to gain another artifact.   

Here is my character. I hope I can get all the artifacts!

Example:

3:28 PM - Day 1

Stuff gets said, stuff gets done, Artifact gets discussed

4:55 PM - Day 1

Man, these RPs of yours are so complicated AND I LOVE THEM.

I think I'll just chill with the quiet ones until I get the hang of it for now, but hoping to join one of yours in the future!

The shape of, yes, but they won't be flesh. Flesh is too complex for Artifacts to handle. They can be human-shaped golem made of stone, ice, or even plastic, but flesh is too many complicated things at once. That's why they're usually inanimate objects- they can't even speak without one another's resonance!

In other words, an Artifact's complexity of form and ability depends on how many other Artifacts are nearby. That's why one person with all of them is basically a god.

WARNING: WIP AHEAD

RPer: Aez (Or Kitty/ Kinka/ Zerpant. Whatevs)

Name: Zenith Lou

Appearance: 

2d83pqd.jpg

Physical descriptors to come later. 

Personality: I'll do this later too

Wish: Zenith was out on a cold night, and she so desperately wanted to warm her freezing hands. Lucky for her, a near by artifact heard her wish, and transformed into the gloves you will see in the picture above. They have the ability to keep the wearer eternally warm, as well as prevent burns, and finally, generate fire. She as affectionately named them her "Love Mitts". 

Name: Desman Black (Des) 

Appearance:

ZMPoOGm.jpg

A short reddish metallic grey, slightly rusty robot measuring at 3 foot 11 and weighed at 100 Kg. Des's shell is mostly made out of pure tungsten but in some places there is also aluminum mixed in to make it stronger. There is also aqua blue circles on various parts of his body which hold various important parts of his programing underneath, these change color based on which orb is in the weapon. On one arm Des has a cannon, and instead of legs he has wheels, other then this he has a fairly humanoid figure. There is also a hump on his back that acts like a backpack, with the entry hatch being on top, this hump is scratched from his past as a 'law enforcer'.

Personality: Des has a confusing personality at best, because although he doesn't seem to pay much attention to other people, if he deems a person a kind soul he will do anything to protect them and there viewpoints, some think it is because he is wise, most think it's a side effect of his extreme mode swings.While on this topic, these normally don't happen unless something activates them, though, that doesn't mean the littlest thing won't. Plus the less Des knows you/ the more he hates you, the easier it is to activate them, but not all of his mood swings are bad, in fact, some are actually better, as they could calm him down from the worse of them. Des also trys to keep his mood swings under control himself by keeping to himself and being cautious, but when he does get talking he can't stop, and his high self-esteem, which comes from his even higher IQ, starts getting the better of him. For some reason most people seem to think of Des as mysterious, especially when he starts talking about the future or his past. Even with his many protocols, he still gets into fights, and when he gets into fights he holds nothing back, making him extremely brutal, sometimes going so far as nearly killing his opponent, and in one certain occasion, actually doing so. Des never apologizes for anything he does, with his belief being 'if I've done something wrong,I've done it for a reason.' and that is probably how it will always be, as, although he protects peoples beliefs, he has a hard time accepting them as his own.

Wish: The only thing that Des wants at the moment, is a way to get his brothour back. The closest artifact turned into an upgarde for his antena with allows him to interact with spirits. It just looks like an ordinary micro-chip

Archived