CowCowxFrunk: A Forbidden Love

maiandjoey.jpg

141ksv5.png

One fateful afternoon in the early 2010s, beloved YCMer ragnarok1945 was struck with a cruel ban. Known for his sharp wit, insightful card analysis, and well versed eloquence, rag's departure shook YCM to its very core. Upon hearing the news, site creator YCMaker is said to have broken down in tears and locked himself away in his tower for 7 days and 7 nights, returning a husk of his former self, with no mention or recollection of what had gone before.

so pls unban rag kthxbai

Sadly this thread has gone a different direction, and I am powerless to do anything but embrace it.

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What did rag do?

Massive shitposting in CC on a daily basis.

Basically, he posted critiques that had little (if any) to no substance, and they were all basically the same post over and over.

He was warned numerous times, but didn't improve even after a year-long ban, so he got banned for good in 2012.

EDIT: He then went to DN and did the same thing, and apparently got banned over there as well.

Looking at his track record (which is very extensive), it is very unlikely that he will be unbanned (least alone him even showing interest in returning otherwise).

What did rag do?

Think of the kind of comments that are now warnable under the Advanced Clause; that's about it in a nutshell.

Granted, he did have some posts that would be up to the (minimum) standards, but as a whole, not really.

That, and a small vendetta with Icy if I remember correctly from a few years ago.

Looking at his track record (which is very extensive), it is very unlikely that he will be unbanned (least alone him even showing interest in returning otherwise).

Think of the kind of comments that are now warnable under the Advanced Clause; that's about it in a nutshell.

Granted, he did have some posts that would be up to the (minimum) standards, but as a whole, not really.

That, and a small vendetta with Icy if I remember correctly from a few years ago.

You guys gave me a second chance, and Halu, and Draco, and Klav many many chances

Does some shitposting an eon ago really damn a man who has changed

#UNBANTHERAG

Remember it's not up to me to decide if rag gets unbanned; that depends on Night and evilfusion (as well as the other mods who were around during 2012 and know the extent of what he did). I wasn't around for the entirety of 2012, so I don't know what else he did.

Though, he also had some arguments with other members elsewhere outside of CC, taking a peek at his post content.

Rag was against the Advanced Clause because he afraid of getting banned.

Basically, he didn't want to stop shitposting in CC and was afraid of the rules being used against him.

You guys gave me a second chance, and Halu, and Draco, and Klav many many chances

Does some shitposting an eon ago really damn a man who has changed

#UNBANTHERAG

Rag was given second chances, and continued to do what got him banned the first time.

His last chance was after a yearlong ban which gave him plenty of time to change.

And he went to DN soon after getting banned from here to do the exact same crap.

Rag was cancer to CC and to its new members who thought he was credible.

If he flooded CC with great, detailed critiques, it wouldn't have been an issue because he would be helping new members improve.

Instead, the section had repetitive posts like these for years.

"That vanilla needs an effect."

"A level 4 with 2000 ATK has some otk potential. Give it a drawback."

"Synchro monsters are supposed to be OP'd."

"That Xyz monster needs an effect that recovers Xyz Materials."

These are examples of what Rag posted over and over before the first ban, up until the perma years later.

He posted in a lot of threads that didn't get attention, but he posted sheet. Quantity over quality.

Also, YCM's current policy of unbanning members, specifically ones who were banned for actual offenses, is really moronic.

No forum should ever have a revolving door for banned members to come back unless the reason for the ban was bullshit to begin with.

Who actually have been unbanned and why were they banned in the first place?

I hear a lot of "Oh YCM brings back banned members all the time" but I don't know who all those are and why.

I know some but it sounds like there's a lot.

Off the top of my head...

Goose just for being associated with members the mods didn't like or some similarly dumb reason.

Rod, initially for being involved in a controversial loli thread in C&O that drove the mods into some sort of paranoid pedo witchhunt, then for pulling some strings to evade the ban to post a scathing thread about the banning mod and YCM in general. The post was deleted, but not before a former member copy+pasted it on his blog and some unscrupulous social outcast managed to screencap it.

J-Max for being involved in the same loli thread with Rod, but the initial ban was only for a week for flaming and threatening a former (and useless) mod named Frunk, who came here for the first time in forever just to publicly bully and abuse J-Max for being involved in same thread. Crab Helmet then responded to the ban (and Frunk's abusive behavior) publicly by making it permanent for pedophilia.

I don't really know anything about Draco or his banning besides some weird screencaps I saw on another site a few years back.

Halu for posting NSFW monster pics. He somehow found his way back here with an unbelievably bullshit story about amnesia and I guess the mods just looked the other way for some reason.

Red W Mage multiple times for trolling. Auto-Life was a thing. Unfortunately, St. Ivalice started outsourcing to vieras for cheaper Red Mage labor so he was out of a job and hasn't been seen since.

Banterbus because no one can appreciate his light-hearted humor. Though, he finds his way around bans easily because there's no stops on the Banterbus.

Is there anyone else's dirty laundry I haven't aired out yet?

Who gives a sheet? It's not like he had any sort of personality or brought anything to the site. There's not really much serious discussion in this, it's just an apparently funny meme for people who weren't even on YCM when Rag was unbanned.

I give numerous, nay countless, shits about young Rag. He had a bubbly personality and a joie de vivre about him that drew in so many. Since his banning on that fateful night, neither casual nor advanced cards have been the same. Reviving him wouldn't solve the whole thing, but it'd be an important first step. #ubanrag2016

Archived