Zootopia

Glad a topic about this was made!  Great movie, laughed a whole lot, and it's a good heartwarmer.

The only problem I had with the film was the strange notion that only bunny's could be called cute, as if that was their N word or something.  Like..I'm pretty sure there are a lot more cute animals out their than just bunny's in zooworld.  Besides that, i didn't mind the racial undertones being shoved into my face >w>

Also...first time i've been sexually attracted to a bunny since Space Jam 

They didnt even try to hide it

Ohhhh that's only the tip of the iceberg buddy.

Really Great Film. I always stay away from Trailers because people don't know how to make them any more. Glad I did, enjoyed every minute. Very funny and heartwarming while also including nice messages. Not to the point of being shoved down your throat but just enough.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

So since Zootopia came out on DVD recently that should be reason enough to bump this thread.

Also the fact I just saw it tonight. And I loved it. I wasn't expecting it to be that good. I thought it'd be like a lot of animated movies lately--decent but nothing special. However, this movie was the best one I've seen this year.

True, the social commentary was a bit in your face, but I also thought they integrated it well--it made sense considering the world they lived in, and it resonated with me on a personal level. And it wasn't just about that, but about a cop chasing after criminals (another sensitive social point nowadays). Which, I'm not really a crime thriller person, so I guess it's a testament to the film's quality that I enjoyed that part as much as I did. It was also funny, which is always a plus, and highly entertaining.

[spoiler=Minor spoiler]

Not only that, but I liked the twists. Every time I thought they'd go with a cliché, they didn't. Every time I thought I knew where it was heading, I was wrong. Though I did connect the dots when I saw the chemist.

Also thought it was nice that the childhood bully wasn't really an important character. A lot of times, they end up being super important, and I was expecting him to be the fox MC so I was pleasantly surprised when he wasn't.

Overall, I just really liked this movie and I recommend it to anybody who hasn't seen it yet but is curious about watching it like I was.

Archived