Cherry Heart [Quest-based RP] Always Accepting

Aix

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I shall put Erin, the new member, on Nai's quest for the Library of Babel.

Sure! That's two then.

Could you maybe reserve a spot for Xia? Or is that asking too much?

Nightmare is still somewhat away from being over, so I'd rather not reserve it for her. But well, things can change so let's see how it unfolds.

So I talked about it on the skype, but I figured I'd mention it here. My motherboard died, so my computer is out of commission. In all likelihood, taking any activity I might've been able to provide with it. I only pray I'll be able to keep up with what's going on via phone until I get a new computer, and don't you dare discount me. I'm down, but not out, and once I'm back my characters will be making a grand return.

...so until then I'll be lurking on skype. rip

Alright, with Mako's Sayla coming, that's 3 (4) people joining up Library of Babel.

I'll have the quest up this weekend, please watch warmly 'til it's done~

Also sorry for not posting lately, been pretty busy with a lot of things IRL, I'll try to post up in Nightmare and Race and Main Hall tomorrow.

I'll be posting Friday in Cave regardless of if it's posted in or not.

Sheesh this shouldn't have lasted this long, too bad I only get to post once a week with how long it takes for a round of posting. Wouldn't figure it'd take several days to attack a beastie that's just kinda standing there. XD

Dropping this app here for now. Hopefully I can finish her in time for the library quest

[spoiler=Megoshi Sagara. Brawler Available For Cherry Heart Missions. Slightly Bad Back.]

bOh0xWa.png
*yyyyyyyaaaaaaaawwwww-...* "GYAARGH!! Ooowwww, not my back again!"
Personal Information
Name: Megoshi Sagara
Sex: Female
Race: Human
[spoiler=Appearance:]Megoshi is rather short for someone her age, only standing at 155cm (5' 1") in height. However, her stocky build puts her at a weight of 60kg (132lbs), as well as a BWH ratio of 37-25-28 if measured in inches and 94-64-71 if measured in centimeters. The irises of her aquamarine eyes seem to have clouded over, and her top eyelids almost always cover a good portion of the eyes, giving her a half-awake feel. Megoshi also has silver grey hair with a single ponytail that is off to the left side. She wears a heavy robe that covers the top half of her body whilst keeping her legs exposed and, for extra security, she wears a skirt and panties underneath, as well as sandals on her feet. Although this is usually covered by her robe, Megoshi's entire back is covered by a strange birthmark that has a unique ability in absorbing magical attacks.

3ffbcd2436b304b127a695981bca87163740a4c8

[spoiler=Personality:]The first thing one may notice about Megoshi is her dreamy-sounding voice, and the second is that she has difficulty standing straight up. Her head can often be seen lolling forward, backward or to one side in the slightest of manners, and her lethargy can be read all over her face. She daydreams a lot too, and is known to space out at completely random intervals. So just because Megoshi is looking in your general direction doesn't exactly mean you have her fullest attention. Megoshi tends claims to need twice as much sleep as everyone else, but even if she's given the chance to get that sleep, only slight improvements would be seen in her overall alertness (which... let's be honest, it isn't worth her missing out on so many hours of the day to do things), and she already looks and feels as though she could nod off at any moment. When she has nodded off, Megoshi will either moan at the next person to wake her up, or if she realizes she's running late for something, she'll thank the person who woke her up and will be quick to apologize for oversleeping. She's less vulnerable to nodding off during combat, or when doing some form of activity...

...except walking or running. There are a couple reasons why Megoshi doesn't like to run. The first is that she was never able to run all that fast to begin with; in fact, she can't even run a helluva lot faster than she can walk most of the time, which makes one wonder why she even bothers. True, there's the exception of being under adrenaline at the time, which is common during combat. But once that's depleted, Megoshi runs the risk of outright collapsing. There's another relatively petty reason as well; with her breasts being as large as they are, it's not surprising that they bounce on Megoshi a lot as she runs, but she personally finds embarrassing nonetheless. However, there are some instances where she runs anyway, usually in an attempt to catch up to someone who's moving too fast for her, or if she happens to be running late (and realizes it, of course). Megoshi gets all flustered and panicky in the case of the latter, and for someone with an obvious case of lethargy, she really does try to keep punctual.

If there's any one thing Megoshi worries about more than getting enough sleep, it's the state of her back. Here she is; only seventeen years of age and already she has back pains that would typically flare up were she to stretch a bit too much. However, while it's true that the sheer size of them certainly doesn't help, Mogeshi insists that her breasts were not the cause of her back pains, and that she's been getting them even before she'd hit puberty. Unfortunately, Megoshi cannot remember what did cause those back pains... or why she always feels so tired each day, among other, more important things that she has no recollection of such as half her life, who her birth parents were or where she'd originally settled before coming to Prunus. But Megoshi hopes to find the memories that she's looking for, and will stick with her guild-mates within Cherry Heart until she finds them. With any luck, the answers she's looking for will come to her in one way or another...

[spoiler=Biography:]Once a upon a time, a child with a strange birthmark on her back had stumbled upon the outskirts of Prunus. She was visibly worn down from whatever endeavor she had to go through to get there, and desperately needed somewhere where she could sleep... so she wound up finding a spot right next to the wall. Before she could sit down at the spot she found, though, the girl was found and approached by a guard, who stopped her and asked her a series of questions. She shook her head at the vast majority of questions, but she did manage to give out a name: Megoshi Sagara. Unable to give any further information about herself, the girl was taken in a guard who had concluded that she was lost and confused... and had nowhere to go for help. She was eventually taken in by a couple that couldn't bear children of their own.

Nine years had passed since that fateful day, and during the last year, Megoshi successfully joined the Cherry Heart Guild in order to try and find some answers about herself. Unfortunately, Megoshi had been a little slack, as there were very few quest going around at the time that she joined, and none of them interested her. However, eventually one came around involving the unearthing of an ancient library, and this seemed to be the quest that Megoshi was waiting for. Only time will tell if Megoshi could receive the answers she had been looking for her whole life via searching through this ancient library... or even if she'll get to that point before her life becomes under threat.

Combat Information
[spoiler=Unlocked Techniques](Techniques that Megoshi will start the RP with can be found here)

Dual Diamond Fists: Megoshi crystallizes her fists with magic before continuing to punch her enemies. The magic lasts for about 30 seconds before shattering.

Paragon Stomp: After jumping high in the air, Megoshi channels magic into her feet before crashing down on an enemy.

Bullet Kick: After using a speed-enhancing spell on herself, Megoshi rushes up to and round-house kicks the enemy faster than a blink of an eye. The speed-enhancing spell seems to always wear off the moment the kick is delivered. However, the Bullet Kick inflicts more damage than a standard kick due to the speed in which it was delivered.

Ghostly Eclipse: Megoshi can use a special magic that courses through her entire body, whether she's standing still or on the move. This magic makes her body ethereal, meaning physical attacks and projectiles go straight through it with no effect, as do weak magical attacks. Megoshi will still feel the impact from some of the more powerful magical spells, however. The magic only lasts for 10 seconds when uninterrupted, and fades instantly when Megoshi makes physical contact with another person. 

Sleeping Rainbow: All magical attacks aimed at Megoshi's back can be absorbed by the birthmark that resides over it, which in turn charges up what is, at this very moment, Megoshi's most powerful attack. The more powerful the attack that Megoshi's birthmark absorbed, the faster it charges up. When at 100% capacity, Megoshi can unleash all the absorbed magical power at once, as a single gargantuan beam that glows all seven colors of the rainbow and annihilates anything in its path.

[spoiler=Future Techniques](Techniques that I want Megoshi to learn during the course of the RP can be found here)

Lotus Tornado: Megoshi summons a full bouquet of lotuses and tosses it into the air, before individual flowers begin to spin around her at blinding speeds. This is enough for the lotuses' petals to lacerate any enemies that draw too close, and for 30 seconds they will continue to whirl around Megoshi as if they were caught in a hurricane.

Gravity Wave: A burst of gravity magic brings all stricken enemies down to the ground, and hurts them based on how far up in the air they happened to be at the time.

Hollowed Mind Flush: Megoshi lets loose special shock-waves of magic that originate from her head, and dispel other magical attacks that come into contact with them. They also curse enemies that come into contact with them, preventing them from casting other spells. Anywhere from the vicinity of 6-9 of these shock-waves will be emitted before Megoshi suffers a brief period of confusion, and her head will be pounding this whole time.

Oracle Eruption: A flash of powerful magic is shot from Megoshi's eyes, blinding enemies that are struck as well as blowing them at least 2 feet backwards.

Mirror Coil: A spiral-shaped spectrum of magic surrounds Megoshi, protecting her from damage until it fades which happens in 60 seconds after it's cast. While it's active, anyone that looks in Megoshi's direction will see a reflection of themselves instead, and if that reflection is struck, they will take the damage instead of Megoshi.

Starlight Dream Cannon: Much like Sleeping Rainbow, this attack requires charging up to 100% capacity before it can be unleashed, and charging up for the attack can only be done by absorbing magical attacks with the birthmark on Megoshi's back. Of the two however, this inflicts much more damage, and on top of that, it blinds and inflicts paralysis onto the stricken victims. Both of these status conditions have a 30% chance each to resist being cured.

Miscellaneous Information
Main Theme Song: Shot in the Dark, by Within Temptation

Battle Theme Song: Persona 4 OST: Mist
Ideal Voice Actresses: Venus Terzo (En)/Shiho Kawagari (Jp)

We seem to be slowing down. A reminder that if you're going to be away, it's good practice to notify us beforehand.

Anyway, can I get a head count of who's still actively participating in this RP? If you don't respond within 48 hours, I'll assume you're inactive and you will be removed from any current quests.

Archived