Chaos Emperor Dragon (Newest Errata)

Trade-In does not increase the ceiling. Tincan does the ditching for you, and if you want to discard a Dark Destroyer that's, honestly, dumb as f*** since the whole point of the deck is to summon Tincan and get that bugger into your hand. Trade-In's only "good" target is DMoC, and I sure as hell don't want to use CotH on it when I can use it on a Sliprider to get rid of backrow, which is a big issue when going for OTKs. Not to mention, and here's the point I'm trying to make, Kozmo aren't Dragons that run a shitton of disposable Level 8s. Two-card combos should be kept at a minimal in Kozmo unless it helps you win games.

Ofc you want to use CoTH on DMoC, you can chain the Tele right there in the EP then.

No, Trade in doesn't directly increase the ceiling, but it does raise the chances of making card that can RTC live. If you open CoTH in your hand, and Tele is limited (ignore the DMoC pt here), then you might as well Discard DD, draw 2, and set CoTH. 

3 DD, 1 BLS, 1 CED, 1 DMoC that's plenty of targets meng. Esp since you can keep getting DD back with Town

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dmoc sounds like a bad idea, literally have no idea how thats hitting the grave, why would i want to use it for coth over any ship (small nitpick NA rulings make it worse if u have coth being targeted for Twin Twister)

Right, America was a special snowfake wasn't it. Fine scrap DMoC then. Allure in Kozmo?

Ofc you want to use CoTH on DMoC, you can chain the Tele right there in the EP then.

No, Trade in doesn't directly increase the ceiling, but it does raise the chances of making card that can RTC live. If you open CoTH in your hand, and Tele is limited (ignore the DMoC pt here), then you might as well Discard DD, draw 2, and set CoTH. 

3 DD, 1 BLS, 1 CED, 1 DMoC that's plenty of targets meng. Esp since you can keep getting DD back with Town

....uh, this is TCG. Duels end in 2-3 turns. Good luck :P. OCG your point stands though, to an extent.

Too hypothetical, so you need to open a specific 3 cards out of possible 40, along with NO Kozmo pilots to summon Dark Destroyer to make your hand s***. Isn't that highly unlikely? Also, Trade-In is good in that scenario, OK, what about in 'regular' scenarios of pilot+ship. Do you ditch your Dark Destroyer? Do you even have it? And say you draw DMoC. OK, that's so unlikely, you draw DMoC, a 1-2of at best, Trade-In, maybe a 2-3of, and a Dark Destroyer, a 3/40. Power cards are bad when it's not consistent Winter, break that habit :P

----

Also, this is NOT Kozmo discussion, so......

I thought it was announced a while ago to be in the Millenium Pack?

OCG reprinted it in THEIR Millennium pack, and TCG had 18 more cards in their MP (30 vs 48 iirc)

so the assumption was that TCG was import the errata, but hey the secondary market really needed that Thousand Dragon print so that's what we got

Guess there's really not much to talk about CED anymore then. Neat combo with Arkbrave, but the true impact it has /w Kozmo will have to wait still September for OCG at the earliest or whenever TCG gets the import done

Methinks they will issue a list saying it's Limited, THEN release it.

Likely because they don't want the "fixed" version to somehow get blown out of proportion, like previous cards before it; Sixth Sense, Brionac, Temple of the Kings' first print, etc, etc.

Methinks they will issue a list saying it's Limited, THEN release it.

Likely because they don't want the "fixed" version to somehow get blown out of proportion, like previous cards before it; Sixth Sense, Brionac, Temple of the Kings' first print, etc, etc.

We both know if they release CED on the list first then print an errata, some jackass is going to use old CED in BA and burn for game and loop a few dozen BA to trollolol

We both know if they release CED on the list first then print an errata, some jackass is going to use old CED in BA and burn for game and loop a few dozen BA to trollolol

Or, you know, they finally realized that printing sheet to let it leave a forgettable an impact on the game is a stupid idea.

Don't worry! TCG replaced it with another powerful Dragon we've all been dying for a recent TCG print

ThousandDragon-LCJW-EN-C-1E.png

This does move the banlist timing up though. We could get an early April list possibly

Dat alternate art though. First TCG print

Dat alternate art though. First TCG print

...Why the heck did anyone bring Thousand Dragon back into this?

Also, going back to the CED, is anyone else interested in trying it with Infernoids? I don't know if anyone tried doing it in the OCG, but I want to see if it can be worked well into the TCG.

...Why the heck did anyone bring Thousand Dragon back into this?

Also, going back to the CED, is anyone else interested in trying it with Infernoids? I don't know if anyone tried doing it in the OCG, but I want to see if it can be worked well into the TCG.

I mean, I gave my pitch early, it basically boils down to:

- Drawing it without its summoning conditions fulfilled is subpar.

- Infernoids don't run many DARK targets, and LIGHT targets are minimal as well to an extent with only 2 Raiden at the most.

- Extra Deck toolbox for required attributes is inefficient and you could most likely win with whatever you summon off that Xyz or Synchro than fuel CED. Rebellion Dragon is superceded by UTL in some aspects for taking big monsters down, Moonlight and Scarlight are gone into for reactive purposes.

Basically, Infernoids can't get a DARK and LIGHT into the Grave at will, and if you don't then CED rots in the hand, which will be most of the time. Building around CED might work, sure, but I don't think that'll do any favors for the deck.

Anyone thinking of another deck that can run this quite well without fearing the risks? This does not include Arkbrave Dragon splashes.

I only decided to talk about Infernoids because they do rely on getting themselves out by banishing from the Graveyard. Since CED pretty much nukes everything to the Graveyard, and unless your opponent is playing something with good Graveyard float, they're screwed.

Anyone thinking of another deck that can run this quite well without fearing the risks? This does not include Arkbrave Dragon splashes.

I only decided to talk about Infernoids because they do rely on getting themselves out by banishing from the Graveyard. Since CED pretty much nukes everything to the Graveyard, and unless your opponent is playing something with good Graveyard float, they're screwed.

And again, running Phantom of Chaos+Sky Scourge is a lot better for Infernoids

Archived