• Created
  • Last Reply

[spoiler=Entry]

hfCfqwQ.png

[spoiler=Entry Written]

Netzach, the Eternal Overlord | LIGHT
Level 10
Fairy/Effect

You can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard by shuffling 2 or more LIGHT Fairy-type monsters in your hand, field, or Graveyard into your Deck. This card is shuffled back into your Deck during the End Phase of a turn it is Special Summoned this way. While this card is face-up on the field: You may Banish any LIGHT Fairy-type monster(s) sent from your side of the field to the Graveyard (by battle or card effect). Once per turn: you can Special Summon up to 2 of your Banished monsters whose total level(s) are equal to 8 or less. If "The Sanctuary in the Sky" is face-up on the field, you can activate this effect up to twice per turn.

2800/2700

[spoiler=Flavor]

"If "The Sanctuary in the Sky" is face-up on the field, you can activate this effect up to twice per turn." Influenced by Master Hyperion

Naming influenced by Sephylon, the Ultimate Timelord and Tyr the Vanquishing Warlord.

Netzach  is the seventh of the ten Sefirot in the Jewish mystical system of Kabbalah. It is located beneath Chesed ('loving-kindness'), at the base of the "Pillar of Mercy" which also consists of Chochmah ('wisdom'). Netzach generally translates to 'eternity', and in the context of Kabbalah refers to 'perpetuity', 'victory', or 'endurance'.

It's effect derives from the concept of eternity by recycling itself from the Graveyard, and recycling other Fairies from the Banished pile. It remains true to the pre-existing fairies who focus on accessing and maintaning Sanctuary of the Sky. Due to Neztach's recycling effect, I dropped its ATK and DEF stats slightly compared to other level 10s. Additionally, by making it so that Netzach can only recover up to level 8, it prevents Netzach from recovering the other LIGHT Fairy boss monsters directly to the field. However, it can send any destroyed monster higher than level 9 from the Graveyard to the deck using it's self recovery effect.

I opted to not restricting its Special Summoning capabilities by other card effect, also aiding in the decision to lower it's stats to 2800 instead of 4000/3000 ATK.

[spoiler=Entry]

Sbp3Jp1.png

[spoiler=Entry Written]

Netzach, the Eternal Overlord | LIGHT

Level 10

Fairy/Effect

You can Special Summon this card from your Graveyard by shuffling 2 or more LIGHT Fairy-type monsters in your hand, field, or Graveyard into your Deck. This card is shuffled back into your Deck during the End-Phase of a turn it is Special Summoned this way. While this card is face-up on the field: You may Banish any LIGHT Fairy-type monster(s) sent from your side of the field to the Graveyard (by battle or card effect). Once per turn: you can Special Summon up to 2 of your Banished monsters whose total level(s) are equal to 8 or less. If "The Sanctuary in the Sky" is face-up on the field, you can activate this effect up to twice per turn.

2800/2700

[spoiler=Flavor]

"If "The Sanctuary in the Sky" is face-up on the field, you can activate this effect up to twice per turn." Influenced by Master Hyperion

Naming influenced by Sephylon, the Ultimate Timelord and Tyr the Vanquishing Warlord.

Netzach  is the seventh of the ten Sefirot in the Jewish mystical system of Kabbalah. It is located beneath Chesed ('loving-kindness'), at the base of the "Pillar of Mercy" which also consists of Chochmah ('wisdom'). Netzach generally translates to 'eternity', and in the context of Kabbalah refers to 'perpetuity', 'victory', or 'endurance'.

It's effect derives from the concept of eternity by recycling itself from the Graveyard, and recycling other Fairies from the Banished pile. It remains true to the pre-existing fairies who focus on accessing and maintaning Sanctuary of the Sky. Due to Neztach's recycling effect, I dropped its ATK and DEF stats slightly compared to other level 10s. Additionally, by making it so that Netzach can only recover up to level 8, it prevents Netzach from recovering the other LIGHT Fairy boss monsters directly to the field. However, it can send any destroyed monster higher than level 9 from the Graveyard to the deck using it's self recovery effect.

I opted to not restricting its Special Summoning capabilities by other card effect, also aiding in the decision to lower it's stats to 3000 instead of 4000 ATK.

Just to let you know there is no - between End Phase...

Will the contestants scores be a total or an average of all the judges scores?

...Isn't that the same thing? But yeah, it'll probably be an average of the entire total to a maximum of 100 points.

I'm guessing it's too late to join?

...Sigh. For the umpteenth time, there is no limit for maximum number of participants, nor is there any limitation. I'll register you.

[spoiler=Entry]

Aromage Tagetes|  LV8

WIND | Plant | Effect

2800/1400

----

While your LP are higher than your opponent's, during either player's turn: You can pay 1000 LP; Special Summon this card (from your hand or Graveyard). If this card is Special Summoned this way: You can Special Summon 1 "Aromage" monster from your Deck, except "Aromage Tagetes", but its effects are negated until the end of this turn. You can only use this effect of "Aromage Tagetes" once per turn.

[spoiler=Reasoning and Flavor]

Aromage is an archetype with a strong foundation in the form of Jasmine and their potent Spell and Trap support, but they lack the speed needed to participate at higher levels. Namely, Jasmine, Cananga, and Bergamot all require you to either Normal or Tribute Summon them, which is inefficient. In addition, their effects are extremely mediocre and do not actively progress your gamestate enough (namely Cananga and Jasmine). In order to solve this issue, Aromage would need a monster that is easily summoned and is able to generate field presence on its own. I attempted to solve this issue by giving Aromages an archetype-driven "Lonefire Blossom" that is also a respectable beatstick. The summoning conditions are easy to achieve but will be difficult to recur multiple times throughout the course of a game, and since it can't actively get rid of threats outside of the battle phase, it adheres to the Aromage playstyle of relying on Jasmine and Bergamot to take down monsters via battle.

The card itself is based on Tagetes, a flower which is used for its essential oils. Tagetes are known for use in cultivation of other plants, which reinforces its effect to summon other Aromages from the Deck. The drawback on the card is purely to balance the card, and has no relation to the flavor.

[spoiler=Entry]

Aromage Tagetes|  LV8

WIND | Plant | Effect

2800/1400

----

While your LP are higher than your opponent's, during either player's turn: You can pay 1000 LP; Special Summon this card (from your hand or Graveyard). If this card is Special Summoned this way: You can Special Summon 1 "Aromage" monster from your Deck, except "Aromage Tagetes", but its effects are negated until the end of this turn. You can only use this effect of "Aromage Tagetes" once per turn.

[spoiler=Reasoning and Flavor]

Aromage is an archetype with a strong foundation in the form of Jasmine and their potent Spell and Trap support, but they lack the speed needed to participate at higher levels. Namely, Jasmine, Cananga, and Bergamot all require you to either Normal or Tribute Summon them, which is inefficient. In addition, their effects are extremely mediocre and do not actively progress your gamestate enough (namely Cananga and Jasmine). In order to solve this issue, Aromage would need a monster that is easily summoned and is able to generate field presence on its own. I attempted to solve this issue by giving Aromages an archetype-driven "Lonefire Blossom" that is also a respectable beatstick. The summoning conditions are easy to achieve but will be difficult to recur multiple times throughout the course of a game, and since it can't actively get rid of threats outside of the battle phase, it adheres to the Aromage playstyle of relying on Jasmine and Bergamot to take down monsters via battle.

The card itself is based on Tagetes, a flower which is used for its essential oils. Tagetes are known for use in cultivation of other plants, which reinforces its effect to summon other Aromages from the Deck. The drawback on the card is purely to balance the card, and has no relation to the flavor.

Yeah, accepted. I'll look forward to judging this one. Remember, final edits are not due till May 4th, so you still have plenty of time to make any changes. The card already looks appealing to me because it has a decent write-up, unlike most of you other lazy bums in this contest.

Yeah, accepted. I'll look forward to judging this one. Remember, final edits are not due till May 4th, so you still have plenty of time to make any changes. The card already looks appealing to me because it has a decent write-up, unlike most of you other lazy bums in this contest.

What is a "decent write up"?

Also, while I'm sure my card is accepted, you never explicitly said so.

Not to demean the judge, but I sincerely hope this was merely joking in regards to the slashed text. Judges should not be talking about any other entries, especially if it shows bias toward one entry over others.

Not to demean the judge, but I sincerely hope this was merely joking in regards to the slashed text. Judges should not be talking about any other entries, especially if it shows bias toward one entry over others.

...It was obviously a joke... -.-

Hence why it was slashed out, as opposed to deleting it. It's just my sense of humour, sushi meat.

Archived