[Finished]Yuuji's CC1: Create Your Own Boss/Ace Monster! [Finished]

Yuuji Kazami

What is a "decent write up"?

Also, while I'm sure my card is accepted, you never explicitly said so.

Yeah, because if they follow the requirements correctly, I usually don't bring anything outstanding up. If I never explicitly say anything, just consider it as accepted. 

Also, the write-up is not required. As I mentioned in the requirements, it's only recommended, not required. It's more or less for personal preference so I don't have to think too heavily on errors or combos, and would have a very low chance of making a mistake while grading it.

It does not affect your mark at all, think of it as a planning page before writing a critical analytical essay.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

(( Seeing Black as a judge now terrifies me somewhat, but now it says on the first post that 'creator notes' are actually recommended (If I misunderstood I'll remove that) . Now as this time they contain only flavor (as I don't seem to be the best duelist ever) , it doesn't matter if he reads it first or last or whenever. It's there for fun. I am filled with determination.  :V ))

Requesting entry!

[spoiler=Entry]

AzvU1Se.jpg

Underworld Invasion Tower

DARK

Rank 10

Zombie / Xyz / Effect

2 Level 10 monsters
You can also Xyz Summon this card by using 1 Rank 5 or higher Zombie-Type monster you control as the Xyz Material. (Xyz Materials attached to that monster also become Xyz Materials on this card.) Cannot be targeted by your opponent's monster effects. This card gains 100 ATK for each Zombie-Type monster in any Graveyard. Each time a Zombie-type monster(s) is Special Summoned successfully, Banish the top 2 cards of your opponent's Deck face-down. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card, then target 1 non-Xyz Zombie-Type monster in either Graveyard; Special Summon it.

ATK/3000  DEF/1500

[spoiler= Creator notes :V ]

This falls under generic boss monster, doesn't refer to any archetype specificly, but....

First flavor is obviously 'underworld' . It doesn't seem to be an archetype, as its members don't directly refer to 'underworld' , just Zombie-type.

Second, the most vague flavor of them all, is  'invasion' . No, it's not Verz (Evilswarm) / Inverz (Steelswarm) , but actually from an anime - Aldnoah Zero, the inspiration coming from the 'landing castles' . (The 'underworld' title and image of the card imply that it's not coming from space, but from underground though. )

Third, the most obvious - 'Tower', from the now-banned 'Apoqliphort Towers' , which this card inherited its original ATK stat from ( The Japanese name has 'Killer' instead of 'Towers' , but that works too. ) ,  and 'Soul-Absorbing Bone Tower', which this card inherited its DEF stat and that one part of its effect from. If you look at the artwork, the card even looks like 'Apoqliphort Towers' a bit, if you look at the upper 'limbs' as 'back legs' . 

Due to recent news, inspiration has struck me like a Lightning Bolt (I took 3 damage, but that's fine, I'm on 17 life) and caused me to entirely change my submission. I feel the new submission is also more in line with the definition of Boss Monster.

Ugh, MTG references in a YGO CC.

But sure, you can change it to anything you want. After all, there's still about 2 weeks left.

I'm quite positive it didn't screw up my post up there, but seeing it being ignored... Is there a limit of how many contests one can enter in a time period? Has the contestant limit in this contest finally been reached?

[spoiler=ANSWER]

Anyways, there is no maximum number of entrants in this contest. Now Yuuji is gonna be upset...

Here you go!

[spoiler=My Ace]

bea79481676d2c483ea01391cc592177.jpg

I know you guys can't read that so here:

Armed Angel
Level 10
DARK
[Warrior-Type/Effect]
You can Normal Summon this monster with up to 3 Tributes, and if you do, apply the appropriate effect, depending on the number of Tributes.
1: Decrease this monster`s original ATK to 1500. Decrease its level to 6.
2: This monster cannot be destroyed by battle. Decrease its level to 8.
3: Increase this monster's original ATK by 1500. It is immune to your opponents card effects.

I'm quite positive it didn't screw up my post up there, but seeing it being ignored... Is there a limit of how many contests one can enter in a time period? Has the contestant limit in this contest finally been reached?

Ignored? No, I've looked at it, and it seems completely fine. Like I've said, I sometimes might not respond even if i do see it, because I would only speak out if I see something that is missing from the requirements. You're fine.

[spoiler=ANSWER]

Anyways, there is no maximum number of entrants in this contest. Now Yuuji is gonna be upset...

Upset about what?

Here you go!

[spoiler=My Ace]

67104d566bcf34bd5b2b8ddb0fbf3169.jpg

Armed Angel

Level 10

DARK

[Warrior-Type/Effect]

You can Normal Summon this monster with up to 3 Tributes, and if you do, apply the appropriate effect, depending on the number of Tributes.

3: Increase this monster's original ATK by 1500. It is immune to your opponents card effects.

Yeah, it fulfills the requirements. You have until May 4 12:00 a.m. MDT to make any final edits.

Here you go!

[spoiler=My Ace]

67104d566bcf34bd5b2b8ddb0fbf3169.jpg

Armed Angel

Level 10

DARK

[Warrior-Type/Effect]

Just to tell you it says 1900 increase and decrease on the card but 1500 when you wrote it.

Archived