[Finished]Yuuji's CC1: Create Your Own Boss/Ace Monster! [Finished]

Yuuji Kazami

Note: Because the number of entrants are already past 9, I will be doubling all of the point prizes. If the number touches or exceeds 30, I'll be increasing the prize values again. This does not include boosting the value of the mystery prizes, which will be revealed whenever.

All of the Second and Third places' mystery prizes have been revealed.

Current number of contestants: 22, only 19 have been submitted.

Hey everyone, Yuuji Kazami here. Seeing a lack on card contests being held for the pleasure of the majority, I present to you my first contest that aims to revolutionize CC by making it more fun and popular again (As well as slowly let Custom Cards take over YCM). Less restrictions, and more freedom for the participants!

Warning: Yuuji will be a lot more savage in judging cards for his own contest.

[spoiler=Card Contest Rules Link:] http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/321498-ycm-general-card-contest-rules-updated-452016/

[spoiler=Rules/Requirements:]Entry is free for ALL YCM members. No maximum number of participants, since I'm a brave soul.

Rather than following a strict restriction, this contest will focus on the Cardmaker's individual ability to make a balanced Ace/Boss monster in one of the following categories, and can contain elements from ANY fictional or non-fictional work:

-Making an Archetype Boss Monster (Can be for a specific EXISTING archetype)

-Generic Boss Monster (Can be in any deck, but can also contain traces of supporting an existing archetype).

No fake archetypes or mechanics, please. Otherwise, it gives grounds for an immediate disqualification.

Using the November 8, 2015 banlist (our current TCG banlist with the adjusted list), I will be assessing each of your cards in terms of how effective and fair are they in the current meta. Even if a boss monster is made for a weaker archetype, I will judge them not in terms of overall strength, but their overall design and appeal to be used.

Edits and submissions are allowed until the deadline date, but make sure that you only edit your original post. All entries must be put into a spoiler, with a written lore of the effects. A small type-up of information and summary of your card is recommended.

This is so I can understand your thought process during creation, and I can provide a more accurate judgement on your card. You can inlude information as what deck it supports, why is it effective, etc.

[spoiler=Prizing:]1st: 1000 Points + 15 Reps + NvLFNzw.jpeg + Special + ?

2nd: 700 Points + 10 Reps + C9XMl40.jpeg + Special

3rd: 400 Points + 5 Reps + SzQ7V2a.jpeg + Special

Special: Individuals who have achieved the highest total score from each judge will also receive an additional stamp award from the respective Judge. If the current individual already received one, they select one to keep and the other stamp(s) will be then given to the second highest total score, and so on. Usually, this would fall within the top 3 individuals who do place, but exceptions will be made in case there is a discrepancy.

Note: More awards may be given and or award values increased, depending on the number of entrants. This includes if I manage to find some other valuable GFX stuff to give away as well. Yuuji will give a signature after putting the names of the winners on their respective GFX awards to mark authenticity (Same signature for the Judges).

As a word of advice: You wouldn't want to miss out on some decent prizes just because you slacked off.

[spoiler=Judging:]Other CC Judges are welcome (Or Black) to participate as Judges. Must submit a copy of their own rubric if they prefer to use a different grading system. Please PM me if you're interested in Judging.

[spoiler=Current Judges:]Yuuji Kazami------------->0EvwaoB.jpegA-Ano... Konnichiwa minna-san.

Black------------->wLUgYhl.jpegYCM may henceforth call me Mommy.

YugsterMajor------------->7JvhP9H.jpegGanbatte, minna-san~

Dova--------------->qtQA9GT.jpegI don't always review, but when I do, I leave it to other people. *Shot*

Yes, the Judge badges are for the respective judges to keep, if they wish.

[spoiler=Yuuji's Judging Rubric (COMPLETED GRADING):]100 Points maximum per entry from a single Judge:

50 Points (Balance/Utility/Mechanic): How balanced and effective is the card in the current meta? How much does it support the deck that it was meant to be used in?

35 Points (Creativity/Flavor): How flavourful (if belonging to a certain archetype), and creative is the card? Does it make Yu-Gi-Oh more fun and interesting?

15 Points (OCG): Does your card truly match Konami standards?

[spoiler=Black's Judging Rubric (COMPLETED GRADING):']40 points for Utility/Mechanic

Does your card actually do anything? How well does it do it? Is it too convoluted, or just way too simple? While not the soul of a design, this is a very important part, because it decides if your card is playable, unplayable, or far too playable. Or, possibly, if it's something that's prone to aging well.

30 points for Flavor
Now, your card doesn't have to be in an archetype, though that makes grading harsher in this area. Any card can have flavor, it just has to flow between name, stats, effect, art (if any, no penalty for not having it), etc.

For example, Uni-Zombie. In Japanese, its name is pronounced "Yunizonbi". This makes it a pun on both Unison and Zombie, while the art shows something that is actually two Zombies trying to act as one. It has a pair of effects, reflecting these two sides, but both do the same thing. One just happens to cost you resources, while the other lulls you into zombies for the turn for free milling.

Things like that. Try to make something that can be considered flavorful, because it can be the most appealing part of a design, if done right.

10 points for Balance
Does it do the things it does too well? Too poorly? Not at all? You get the gist.

10 points for Creativity
More or less, is the core idea appreciable? Can I tell that some effort was put into the design, and that it was toyed with? Simplicity, as opposed to a minimalist approach, is something that would be punished here.

10 points for OCG
Can I understand your text? If so, you'll do fairly well here. I'm not the biggest hardass in terms of technical grammar, though I will give points off if I can tell there's a flaw. Capitalization isn't something I'd harp on for the most part, though.

If you give a design notes attachment, I will read it after I critique your card. Initial impressions of a design are important, before the owner explains it away. However, I will put an addendum on any card I grade, if I feel it is warranted, which may or may not increase the final score.

[spoiler=YugsterMajor's Judging Rubric (COMPLETED GRADING):]100 Points maximum is possible for any single card. Broken down:

60 Points (Balance/Utility/Mechanic): Does the card fulfill the basic requirements of the tournament? Is it relevant, fair, balanced and useful? If splashable, how well does it work in other decks? Does it work too well, or not well enough?

30 Points (Creativity/Flavor): Does the card's effect fit stylistically with its stats, image (if applicable), and name? Does its design feel fresh and unique? If so, how?

10 Points (OCG): Does it follow current YuGiOh OCG? Is its effect clear and easy to understand? Is the grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure correct?

[spoiler=Dova's Judging Rubric']100 points max:

Balance (30): Is the most OP thing in the history of Yu-Gi-Oh, or does it have thought out restrictions?

Usability (30): Is this limited to a ten card combo with Muka-Muka, or does it have reasonable versatility?

Creativity/Flavour (30): Does the card seem original and/or interesting? Does it fit with it stats, level, and picture, if any?

OCG (10): Is the effect easy to read, and is it written with normal card grammar?

[spoiler=Current Entrants:]Gadjiltron
Enguin
Cardgameking
The Taken King
Yami Muddy
Archlight Lux
Soulfire
Bonar Donar (Lol)
Spell Counter King
Getter Emperor
YamiNekoChan
AsdfDuelist
Kana
VCR_CAT
Aster
Tyretian
Chivalry
Lord Dolphin
Champion0
Karoljartur
Hexanort
Shadow_liepard
JuanoGS

Above all, have fun in making a card, as long as you put some honest effort into it. Perfect imperfection is what defines the existence of reality.
-Yuuji Kazami

Any further questions on the contest, please PM me. Deadline for results will be 2 weeks after 04/05/2016 at 12:00 a.m. MDT, so UTC/GMT -6 hours. However, I'll probably finish judging before the two weeks pass.

• Replies 172
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yo, count me in. But what is the deadline for submissions?

Both entries and edits are due within the deadline, May 4th. I have now included it in the Requirements/Rules.

Accepted as first entrant.

Also included that I am MDT, so UTC/GMT -6 hours. Will finish on May 4th, MDT at 12:00 a.m.

i'm in. and i already have the perfect card too.

[spoiler Here]DsnOOPq.png

Cannot be Special Summoned. Requires 4 Tributes to Normal Summon (cannot be Normal Set). This card's Normal Summon cannot be negated. When Normal Summoned, cards and effects cannot be activated. This card is unaffected by other card effects. This card gains 1000 ATK and DEF for each card in your Graveyard.

It's meant to be generic, however the best place for it would be a deck that likes the mill like 'Noids or SacThrashSworns; that said it is basically unsearchable and completely unsupported through existing archetypes (except LIghtsworns a bit).

I seek to enter.

i'm in. and i already have the perfect card too.

[spoiler Here]DsnOOPq.png

It's meant to be generic, however the best place for it would be a deck that likes the mill like 'Noids or SacThrashSworns; that said it is basically unsearchable and completely unsupported through existing archetypes (except LIghtsworns a bit).

Incoming!

I'm in. Will edit here my card.

Requesting entry

So non-generic bosses for decktypes outside of Archetypes aren't allowed? Like, say, a type?

Its been a while, but why not! FOR YCM!!!

Like I said, entry is free and there's no restricitons for any members. All are accepted.

To The Taken King: As I've mentioned in the requirements/rulings, a typed up lore of the effects is required. Just copy and paste the effects into the post, and it's recommended that you expand on your write-up/summary, although not mandatory. 

Note: Because the number of entrants are already at 9, I will be doubling all of the point prizes. If the number touches or exceeds 15, I'll be increasing the prize values again.

Like I said, entry is free and there's no restricitons for any members. All are accepted.

To The Taken King: As I've mentioned in the reuirements/rulings, a typed up lore of the effects is required. Just copy and paste the effects into the post, and it's recommended that you expand on your write-up/summary.

That was a question I'd like an answer to, please.

That was a question I'd like an answer to, please.

Like copy and pasting the effect of the card, and post it with your card for your submission.

All are accepted just means that there's no restrictions on any YCM member who wishes to participate.

Wait aren't we supposed to PM you, not just post where everyone can see your card?

Eh, all CC contests are like this. If you have any specific questions or concerns, you can optionally PM me to ask in case of whatever reason.

If you're afraid that the other members might plagiarize off your idea, simply post it near the deadline. I should be able to tell who plagiarizes or not, because I will go through the cards in order of post and spot anything that stands out.

Plagiarizing is also immediate grounds for disqualification in any Card Contest. 

Furnace Moltius, Igknight Lord
FIRE
Rank 4
3400 / 2300
Scale 2
Warrior / Xyz / Pendulum / Effect
PE: When you Pendulum Summon a FIRE Pendulum monster(s): You can Special Summon this card and attach the Pendulum Summoned FIRE monster(s) to this card as the Xyz Material. (Max. 2) You can only activate this effect once per turn.
ME: 3 Level 4 Monsters
If you can Pendulum Summon Level 4, you can Pendulum Summon this card while it is face-up in the Extra Deck. If this card has 1 Xyz Material attached to it: Its original ATK becomes 3000. If this card has no Xyz Material attached to this card: Its original ATK becomes 2600. When this card is Xyz Summoned, you can target 1 FIRE Pendulum monster face-up in your Extra Deck: Add it to your hand. During each of your Standby Phases, take 1000 damage. Every time this card destroys a monster by battle, you gain 1000 LP. During your Standby Phases, if you were to take damage from this card's effect: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card instead. If this card has no Xyz Materials attached to this card, you can destroy this card and send it to 1 of your Pendulum Zones. If the one you choose already has a Pendulum card; Destroy it. If a Pendulum card in your Pendulum zone is destroyed by one of your own effects: You can place this card in your Pendulum Zone while it is face-up in your Extra Deck.

Archived