(TDIL) Cosmic Cyclone

Hate to break it to you guys, but this is more a niche card than an upgrade. How many backrow cards do y'all know that floats? Pendulums, Kozmotown, PK Blades, True Monarch, maybe a few other.

The vast majority of Backrow really isn't re-useable. You're not going to see much Solemn or Torrential cycling.

Yes it can hit power spells and thus make DMoC and Nirvana a little less dangerous. But look at that application. You went -1 for a play your opponent MIGHT have made.

Based on the few TDIL tournaments in OCG, this card sees play, but is a far cry away from replacing either MST or TT. 

Hate to break it to you guys, but this is more a niche card than an upgrade. How many backrow cards do y'all know that floats? Pendulums, Kozmotown, PK Blades, True Monarch, maybe a few other.

The vast majority of Backrow really isn't re-useable. You're not going to see much Solemn or Torrential cycling.

Yes it can hit power spells and thus make DMoC and Nirvana a little less dangerous. But look at that application. You went -1 for a play your opponent MIGHT have made.

Based on the few TDIL tournaments in OCG, this card sees play, but is a far cry away from replacing either MST or TT. 

I think it is actually better than mst due to how people generally play mst, which is to stop a field spell/pendulum effect/ or continuous from going off, and banishing it is alot more useful due to how they are increasingly adding float effects onto such things and pendulums will be able to be summoned again if they go back to the extra deck via mst. Im not saying it's immediately better than mst right now, but i think it has definite potential to in the future.

I think it is actually better than mst due to how people generally play mst, which is to stop a field spell/pendulum effect/ or continuous from going off, and banishing it is alot more useful due to how they are increasingly adding float effects onto such things and pendulums will be able to be summoned again if they go back to the extra deck via mst. Im not saying it's immediately better than mst right now, but i think it has definite potential to in the future.

1k LP = Instant or an Extra soul Charge.  Do see it doing dumb stuff in the Kozmo mirror due to Runner though. 

This is true. The only reason I chose this over MST or Twin Twister in Trains is because it honestly does more for the deck than either. The cards I want discarded were competing with Twin Twister for what would discard them, and Cosmic is able to lower my LP further to boost my Tarantula plays over MST. On top of this, Cosmic Cyclone does not have that extra discard cost, and helps make the load on my hand a little lighter as well as being a card that I'm more comfortable using as Hustle Rustle fodder than TT.

There's niches to Cosmic Cyclone, Twin Twister, Galaxy Cyclone, and MST; what needs to be asked is which one suits your deck best.

1k LP can also cut off float effects now too. You are looking at this the wrong way.

Which is why it's got a niche use. Sometimes a recovery play might be superior to always relying on this to stop the minority that floats.

Typhoon can hit cards like the one you mentioned from the hand and not risk being snipe out for example.

None of them have really creeped out the other (except maybe night beam) is all I'm saying

Which is why it's got a niche use. Sometimes a recovery play might be superior to always relying on this to stop the minority that floats.

Typhoon can hit cards like the one you mentioned from the hand and not risk being snipe out for example.

None of them have really creeped out the other (except maybe night beam) is all I'm saying

Well i didnt exactly say it is directly better :p

I don't think this card's time is here YET. It probably will pretty be soon though with more floating Spells/Traps and Pendulums around, but it hasn't gotten to the point where MST isn't just as good most of the time. Also this doesn't help if Solemns are your go-to traps either.

Archived