Hello Yu-Gi-Oh creaters,

i found a new game, which allows you to add your own created cards to the game, Tabletop Simulator. Maybe someone of you got also this game and we could play together.

Because the game has no functions, we can also include our own rules. I fixed the Yu-Gi-Oh mechanics for a while. Konami just made the rules like it is, because they want make it easy to play as possible, what means more players play it. So they destroyed the game just for money. I show you how the game should be:

1: DEF should be like Life Points for Monsters. So DEF will be subtract from the ATK of the other battling Monster. The DEF of a monster goes back to normal at the end of a turn (including card effects changing ATK and DEF). That means 2 Monsters with 1500 ATK can destroy a Monster with 3000 DEF by battle, if they attack both in the same turn. If the ATK is higher than the DEF of a monster the owner get the difference as damage to his Life Points.

2: A defense position Monster can't attack but it can change the attack target from your opponent. For example if you control 5 Monsters and 2 of that are in defense position and your opponent attack with 3 Monsters. Then you can chose 2 times in a row which of your Monsters will battle with the first 2 attackers of your opponent. Attacks and battles will be done 1 by 1 and not at once like usually, except card effects change it. Because of you have only 2 Monsters in defense position the third attacker of your opponent can chose his target. Face down defense position monsters are excluded, so they cant change the attack target.

3: No Zone limits, you can place as much as you want. Some cards need a fix, because of that.

4: The extra Deck has no limits also, put as much as you want to your extra Deck.

5: You can normal summon face-up now.

6: I created some new effects like distanz attacks, which allows your Monster to attack without to get damage from the opponents Monster.

7: The new minimum Deck size is 45, because it makes the game more various, by having more different cards in your Deck.

8: Im changing also the Banned/Limited List.

I also rebalance regular cards. If someone is interested to play, just give me respond. 

[spoiler=hello]

hello

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I feel that a more thorough discussion is needed before we decide just which rules of Yugioh to change, and how. At the moment it looks like you've just spliced some of MtG's mechanics onto Yugioh, and I'm not certain if all of us would readily agree to these.

I can explain my changes.

1: I want to change the sense of ATK and DEF, because it makes the cards more various, what the game really need, because you have too many similar cards in the game. Furthermore you can add a new effect like distance attacks.

2: At the moment you only decide which position your monsters should have depending on how much ATK and DEF points they have. I want give the player a tactical decision at this point. Now you can decide, if you attack you can lower the life points of your opponent or maybe destroy a monster OR you place it on defense position what gives you tactical advantage.

3: No Zone limits, because of, there is no reason for it, it just handycap the game. It destroys ways of moves you want to do for no reason.

4: The extra Deck should be unlimited, because there are some Decks which need many Extra Deck Monsters. Many others dont need it but if you have ever played Fabled then you can see what i mean. I tryed to find a more complex rule but it would make it to difficult. So whatever just make it unlimited. The only bad thing is, that you can have all kinds of XYZ Monsters now but they are pretty s*** anyway. I have to fix the most XYZ Monsters anyway, so that the game works fine. XYZ is also just a new addon for Konami to make so much money as possible till the end. Thats why they waited before they inclued synchro and XYZ. First as the game came out they added only crap cards, this was the first treason to the players.

5: Of course you should be able to summon a monster face up in defense position, i dont see why it shouldt work.

7: I made a new Deck minimum size of 45, because of in the new way of balance the game need more various cards in a Deck to change the game more interessting. Otherwise you add just the most important cards all the time. Of course it has always to do how you change the card effects. But there are limits. How should i explain that. If you add a Field card and Terraforming your chances are 50 % to get 1 of them to your Hand at the start of the game. You need these increased chance to get it because it is a important part of your Deck (maybe). But this way each searcher increase this chances that way now, so you have at the end only high chances to get your important combo, which lowers the variability of the game. With 45 should the chances still high to get the main combos and still gives other cards a chance to play. Maybe i need to change the minimum Deck size anytime furthermore.

8: Of course i need to change also the banned/limited List, because the game is completly unbalanced made by Konami to make more money. I want the real Yu-Gi-Oh Game so i have to fix their intentional mistakes.

I can explain my changes.

1: I want to change the sense of ATK and DEF, because it makes the cards more various, what the game really need, because you have too many similar cards in the game. Furthermore you can add a new effect like distance attacks.

2: At the moment you only decide which position your monsters should have depending on how much ATK and DEF points they have. I want give the player a tactical decision at this point. Now you can decide, if you attack you can lower the life points of your opponent or maybe destroy a monster OR you place it on defense position what gives you tactical advantage.

3: No Zone limits, because of, there is no reason for it, it just handycap the game. It destroys ways of moves you want to do for no reason.

4: The extra Deck should be unlimited, because there are some Decks which need many Extra Deck Monsters. Many others dont need it but if you have ever played Fabled then you can see what i mean. I tryed to find a more complex rule but it would make it to difficult. So whatever just make it unlimited. The only bad thing is, that you can have all kinds of XYZ Monsters now but they are pretty s*** anyway. I have to fix the most XYZ Monsters anyway, so that the game works fine. XYZ is also just a new addon for Konami to make so much money as possible till the end. Thats why they waited before they inclued synchro and XYZ. First as the game came out they added only crap cards, this was the first treason to the players.

5: Of course you should be able to summon a monster face up in defense position, i dont see why it shouldt work.

7: I made a new Deck minimum size of 45, because of in the new way of balance the game need more various cards in a Deck to change the game more interessting. Otherwise you add just the most important cards all the time. Of course it has always to do how you change the card effects. But there are limits. How should i explain that. If you add a Field card and Terraforming your chances are 50 % to get 1 of them to your Hand at the start of the game. You need these increased chance to get it because it is a important part of your Deck (maybe). But this way each searcher increase this chances that way now, so you have at the end only high chances to get your important combo, which lowers the variability of the game. With 45 should the chances still high to get the main combos and still gives other cards a chance to play. Maybe i need to change the minimum Deck size anytime furthermore.

8: Of course i need to change also the banned/limited List, because the game is completly unbalanced made by Konami to make more money. I want the real Yu-Gi-Oh Game so i have to fix their intentional mistakes.

>Fix their intentional mistakes.

I'm fairly certain they just designed the game they wanted to play, not giving a funk about how easy it is.

Yugioh IS a complicated game already in its current state. Don't assume a company makes decisions to make its game worse (a game it is trying to sell btw, so it will only sell well if the game is good) just because they are a company.

You want to change the rules so drastically that it basically isn't yugioh anymore, at that rate you may as well design your own game.

I disagree to lifting the limit on the Extra Deck. The limit on the Extra Deck forces your options to compete for space, and will commonly end with you running one option over the other depending on what you expect to face. It adds another dimension to the Deck building puzzle. Without the Extra Deck max limit, the Deck with the most versatile Synchro/Xyz/Fusion options becomes one of the best as they have the largest access to the biggest toolbox that they don't need to draw from.

And if you find that you need to rebalance a lot of cards to justify this rule change, chances are your rule change is a bad one.

Raising the Deck minimum size to 45 will not change a thing. People will still run max copies of the most important cards all the time for highest possible consistency.

Soulfiac

Of course Konami is only interessted to get money, its like with all other games. And of course easy as possible, even if the game gets destroyed. Its the same with "sex sales", so "easy sales". Just check it out what i have written, the game gets more various, more interessting this way.

Because Konami dont care about the game and just want to have more money even if they destroy the game with it like they do, i want to create the real Yu-Gi-Oh, made only to have fun not to get money. You can believe me, if the people wouldnt have so low iq and the game wouldnt be for money, Konami would make the game more like me.

Trebuchet

XYZ needs a complete change, in the real Yu-Gi-Oh all XYZ Monsters need a change. Also the Synchros will be not the same anymore, after im finish with them. So the Extra Deck will be like i want it, you can add what you want but you can only play around 30 of them anyway.

If you have critic try to argue instead to insult.

Of course the people will still try to play the strongest cards of 45, but like i explained, the various is a bit greater, while it should not destroy the themes, what makes the game just more interessting. I plan to add for the most themes searchers, which make it more possible to play main combos. In some Decks its difficult to get it out, in the newer themes its impossible not to get it out. I want have something between it.

Because Konami dont care about the game and just want to have more money even if they destroy the game with it like they do, i want to create the real Yu-Gi-Oh, made only to have fun not to get money. You can believe me, if the people wouldnt have so low iq and the game wouldnt be for money, Konami would make the game more like me.

I do not think I can bring myself to agree with this motivation, so I will not support this project.

I do not think I can bring myself to agree with this motivation, so I will not support this project.

There are so many other games also they need a big changes. League of Legends, World of Warcraft, Warlight, Total War Series, Age of Empires, Dead or Alive, Morrowind, Gemcraft, Civilizations, Sunrider Mask of Acadius, Unpossible, Need for Speed Series, Ruse, Supreme Commander, Worms, Mirrors Edge, Faster Than Light, Fairy Bloom Freesia, Democracy 3, Dungeon and Dragons, Diablo 1-3, Star Craft 1-2, Warcraft Series and so on. They all suck and big changes. The most time they are crap, because the creater want money and change the game for the low iq from the people. I have enough of this, I WANT A GOOD GAME NOW, at least 1. I hate it so much that they destroy each game you can have. Just for money and because the people arent smart enough for a better game. I cant see that anylonger.

There are so many other games also they need a big changes. League of Legends, World of Warcraft, Warlight, Total War Series, Age of Empires, Dead or Alive, Morrowind, Gemcraft, Civilizations, Sunrider Mask of Acadius, Unpossible, Need for Speed Series, Ruse, Supreme Commander, Worms, Mirrors Edge, Faster Than Light, Fairy Bloom Freesia, Democracy 3, Dungeon and Dragons, Diablo 1-3, Star Craft 1-2, Warcraft Series and so on. They all suck and big changes. The most time they are crap, because the creater want money and change the game for the low iq from the people. I have enough of this, I WANT A GOOD GAME NOW, at least 1. I hate it so much that they destroy each game you can have. Just for money and because the people arent smart enough for a better game. I cant see that anylonger.

You say you want a good game, but many people enjoy the games you listed.

Your opinion of "good game" does not overwrite what everyone else thinks. And while you may be entitled to your opinion, you are not entitled to tell everyone what to think.

"Konami sucks at making games the way /I/ want them! So funk them, and here's mine!"

God, you sound like a guy I really wish I didn't know. Someone who blames Konami for being sheet because cards like Water Dragon and Perfectly Ultimate Great Moth aren't viable.

I coulda sworn someone tried something similar to this a while back, it definitely sounds familiar.

Yeah, sleepy had one, but it was more open ended and had less of a high horse feel to it.

45 cards might not solve much cause a lot of decks already run 41-43 cards. Filling in draw power like Upstart and Games is the obv answer

50 card would have an impact but it would kill a few decks and make cupidity a staple

So you all defend the game developer and you mean im wrong, then i will show you again what i mean.

Konami first sold weakly unuseable cards, if you can remember as the game came out. From time to time they made stronger cards. All just for 1 thing, to sell the cards. And now the cards strengh reached a level, which is just not funny anymore. They even need to change the mechanics just to continue this. The first player cant draw a card now. All just for money. And you really believe, that they bring the cards out to have fun for the players, you really want to believe that it couldnt be a better game, if the developer wouldnt make the game for money?

Because i want to show you that the whole game world is involved, i show you some more examples. Maybe you know the Total War games, But although these games are mainly single player games, these games have an ai which is very bad, what destroys the game. The main problem, the ai has no strategy, it usually never attacks, except with some "single" scripts you solve by caputring a city, where big armys come out of nowhere and move to the captured city. If you start a match and wait 1000 turns, nearly nothing would have happened, because the ai dont attack.

World of Warcraft is also a pvp game but the balance of the pvp part is intentionally bad. For example you could attack with a weapon shaman a holy pala but the only damage you could do is with your magic damage because the armor of the plates and the shield was so heavy that you couldnt do much damage to him. The shaman alltogehter was the most weakly charakter for no reason in pvp. Just the druid had some weakness also. Next to the exploading costs for this game. 14 € per month. For what? For nothing, just to make them rich. Just think how many players played that and multiply it with these 14 € and you see for what they made this game. And 1 more thing, they made the Arena games with high waiting time at start (burning crusade), because they think, waiting can make the game more "fun" for the players, what means more money for them.

Warcraft 3 and Starcraft 2. In both games you can build armys which cant use all skills during a battle, because the battles are so fast over that you have not the time to click on the important skills of the units. There are also a lot balancing mistakes in it. 

Diablo 2. There are skillpoints for each charakter. They only made it unreturnable (unchangeable), because to harass you, make you a new charakter to play longer, all that just for money. There are a lot items you can never get just by playing, you need to buy them. There are also a lot ways you can get incredible problems, because in hell mode the opponents get immune to kinds of damage. Not to forget, that the charakters/skills are also very bad balanced.

Dead or Alive 5. Now the game is full of charakters and all do the same just better or worse. If you battle now, 90 % are hits and 10 % are "antihits", while "holds" are useless, you just block also. Dead or Alive 3 was pretty good. But the main problem of all these fighting games is, you have to less control about what you do, because some combos need more commands but the computer always try to confirm what key you hit first, even if you tryed to push both, the pc is faster than you and you charakter does something diffrent you want. Also the hit combos could be more senseful and balanced. You should also be able to place your combos on all keys you want, so that your decisionis decide the game and not the bad controlways of the game.

And so on, with all games i know. Most time they destroyed the games for money and you still defend them, its exactly what they want you to do. But if you like it, that you make someone rich with your oppinions and get a bad game for that, then continue.

By the way, i changed 1 rule. Now you dont get damage from battles between monsters, except the monsters does "trample damage". This makes the game also more various. But the main problem is, that you lose to much life with a low point monsters deck against high point monsters deck. Now the game is more easyier to play, beacuse you need less to note and calculate.

Im still testing everything. Rules, Decks, Effects, Mechanics, Balancings, Variabilitys...

Looks like noone of you got Tabletop Simulator. Maybe im wrong here.

Warcraft 3 and Starcraft 2. In both games you can build armys which cant use all skills during a battle, because the battles are so fast over that you have not the time to click on the important skills of the units. There are also a lot balancing mistakes in it.

I think you're missing the point of real-time strategy games.

The aim of that game is to have a great time trying to destroy your opponent while at the same time preventing you ass from being kicked. Not to take your time and mess around with every ability of every unit in a single battle or to fully construct your tech trees. That is inefficient, and your opponent will have laid waste to you by then. The game presents a puzzle: "What is the most efficient way for me to get to where I need to go?" and you work your way towards your strategy through experimentation - when to scout, what to build, when and where to begin setting up or moving your army, etc. You cannot get everything perfect the first time round, so you are required to put in effort to perfect your strategy. And then comes counter-strategies when you learn of other players' strategies and adjust. And at the end, you've devised a solution to the puzzle the game presents within its mechanics, and that brings satisfaction to see it work fluidly.

Game balance in them - I agree, there are flaws. But that doesn't stop the developers from patching things to shift the metagame and prevent it from going stale. Very few get it right the first time because the playerbase will always be interacting with the games more thoroughly than any developer or beta-testing team can hope to cover pre-emptively.

Also, making the game to make money isn't as big a deal in some circumstances. Yes, Konami pushing archetypes to drive hype and demand is shady. But other computer games needing to price themselves is not that big a deal. After all, it costs money to develop games, so of course the video game companies need to at least cover the costs in developing these games.

Let's also put microtransactions aside, and games that make use of them. You normally make a single investment in a game - buying it. What you do with the game, how long you spend on the game afterwards, is all up to you. You make the effort to get the best returns out of the game in exchange for what you paid for it. Whether the game's design makes you play it longer or not has no impact on how much more you spend on the game unless it has its own share of microtransactions midway - though that is a different issue entirely.

I don't suppose you're also blasting Gemcraft for locking out some of the content if you play free, despite the fact that you can beat the game without needing to spend money and there is nothing enforcing its purchase? I can understand the shady business practices of games like PvZ2 which can throw in levels so hard that you're brickwalled unless you grind/purchase coins/gems to get the powerups to proceed, but Gemcraft Labyrinth or Chasing Shadows don't throw you into a field so hard you need to purchase the bonus content to proceed.

I explain more what i meant with Warcraft 3. Do you think a ability should be something what you want to use in a battle? Whats a Caster, if he dont cast and just autoattack? You have not the time in a battle to use the spells you want, you have only the time to make the big moves with your army and select your hero, click on his abilitiys, over. Exceptions are, if both sides have not many units and fight with each single unit on a line between your and your opponents base. But there you need godlike moves, you need to be everywhere. A bit similar with Supreme Commander, where you have to click to much in your base and you have no time to be on the front to manage some military actions.

Im also talk about game balance, also in these games, because if you see how a hero is able to defeat alone a group of units, you have no fun anymore, what its possible if he get the right items, has the right abiltiys and got enough power ups. They sold Warcraft 3 and told its a great balanced game and i find a lot balance mistakes. For example there is no sense to spend Ressources on some upgrades and units, because there are others which you get ealier and cheaper. In bigger games you can also see, that the air is undefeatable strong, but just the Gryphonrider and Skelettdragons.

And it seems you avoid about my argue to konami how they bring out the archetypes. Its not acceptable. And of course all for money and of course the game could be a lot better if they wouldnt do that all for money. Because the game is just made to sale it. Easy sales, thats why the Monsters have no Life Points. Thats why the defense position has no effect. Thats why the game is completly unbalanced, it makes absolutly no fun. But it could, if you would have the real Yu Gi Oh. Made just for have fun, not for best selling to people who are sick in their heads.

I bought Gemcraft. The problem is there are a lot things which have no love. The developver just puted here and there some sheet and sold it as a game. You have Gems without right to live. You have options what makes the game less interessting, i mean to select the strengh level of your opponent to much in deteal. There are also Levels you cant defeat. And you have spells which make the game less various and strategical. For what a slow Gem if you can stop them completly by stun or freeze to zero movement.

Dont defend these §$/="$ hate them for what they are doing.

Alright, so, I could understand you if Konami had at some point included these rules in their actual game. If then, it's fine to say that was the "Real Yu-Gi-Oh" because at some point Yu-Gi-Oh had that form, and so we can say that Yu-Gi-Oh is not the same game and is worse than it was. However, you are saying when Konami/Bandai invented Yu-Gi-Oh (Bandai invented the original concept iirc, but it still did not have anything close to the rules you suggested, however Konami took hold of it) they did not have the REAL Yu-Gi-Oh.

Now listen to that for the moment. You are saying that the Yu-Gi-Oh that Konami invented wasn't the real Yu-Gi-Oh. You are then saying that a bunch of rules that you took from other games that came AFTER Yu-Gi-Oh makes Yu-Gi-Oh the real Yu-Gi-Oh. Now, I could say that the real Yu-Gi-Oh for me removes all effect monsters and the only Extra Deck cards left are the original Fusions, and that Field Spells become like Land in MTG. The thing that I think is wrong with that is not changing the rules. That's fine, you can say and be right that certain rules would be better if they were different, but I think the problem is claiming that these rules you came up with over two decades after the original game came out are the real thing.

With that Logic, the only thing that defines what the "Real Yu-Gi-Oh" is people's opinion of the game, and, in fact, that is quite often true. In DN you see "No Extra Deck" or "No Kozmo/Monarch" because they feel that those cards are not part of the real Yu-Gi-Oh. But when you say that Yu-Gi-Oh that other people enjoy and consider to be the real thing is not the real thing because you created the real thing afterwards, that's stepping over the line.

Even if Konami is only doing this for money (even though you said "they released more powerful cards later" that's because they needed new ideas to keep the game fresh, or else, yeah, they'll get no money, meaning they'll crash and burn and Yu-Gi-Oh will go with them), people, for the most part, are fine with it. They play it, and enjoy it. What right do you have to come and say that all of them are wrong and mistaken?

I explain more what i meant with Warcraft 3. Do you think a ability should be something what you want to use in a battle? Whats a Caster, if he dont cast and just autoattack? You have not the time in a battle to use the spells you want, you have only the time to make the big moves with your army and select your hero, click on his abilitiys, over. Exceptions are, if both sides have not many units and fight with each single unit on a line between your and your opponents base. But there you need godlike moves, you need to be everywhere. A bit similar with Supreme Commander, where you have to click to much in your base and you have no time to be on the front to manage some military actions.

Im also talk about game balance, also in these games, because if you see how a hero is able to defeat alone a group of units, you have no fun anymore, what its possible if he get the right items, has the right abiltiys and got enough power ups. They sold Warcraft 3 and told its a great balanced game and i find a lot balance mistakes. For example there is no sense to spend Ressources on some upgrades and units, because there are others which you get ealier and cheaper. In bigger games you can also see, that the air is undefeatable strong, but just the Gryphonrider and Skelettdragons.

And it seems you avoid about my argue to konami how they bring out the archetypes. Its not acceptable. And of course all for money and of course the game could be a lot better if they wouldnt do that all for money. Because the game is just made to sale it. Easy sales, thats why the Monsters have no Life Points. Thats why the defense position has no effect. Thats why the game is completly unbalanced, it makes absolutly no fun. But it could, if you would have the real Yu Gi Oh. Made just for have fun, not for best selling to people who are sick in their heads.

I bought Gemcraft. The problem is there are a lot things which have no love. The developver just puted here and there some sheet and sold it as a game. You have Gems without right to live. You have options what makes the game less interessting, i mean to select the strengh level of your opponent to much in deteal. There are also Levels you cant defeat. And you have spells which make the game less various and strategical. For what a slow Gem if you can stop them completly by stun or freeze to zero movement.

Dont defend these §$/="$ hate them for what they are doing.

You're talking a lot but aren't saying anything, really.

The whole point of RTS is to be able to juggle your front lines and manage your economy so that your game operates at maximum efficiency. Your reflexes and processing speed eventually become a factor in this. An ability is meant to provide different tools for different circumstances, so of course you're not going to be able to explore everything efficiently in a single battle. Over different battles you make minor changes to your battle plan, field different units and use different abilities in response to what your opponent is doing. It's there to show you that you have options, not there to always be used every time.

Heroes overpower your other units, yes, but don't forget that when you're playing against the opponent, they also have their own heroes. Position, time, and various other factors will contribute to the battlefield that can influence how well a hero can fare against an ordinary army. Let's not forget that the items you can potentially acquire are random in a standard game so you don't always get to use the same gamebreaking loadout every time.

Yes, I agree that Konami's methods of pushing newer cards such that they outclass the previous ones is flawed. Yes, I understand that all this is to try and make as much profit as possible, with the result of some crazy power creep that has left me to drop investment in the game IRL. No, I do not think that excessive tampering with the game's basic rules will make it look like the same game. Power creep in a constantly updating card game is inevitable, but what makes it bearable is how fast the power creep goes. The problem lies in Konami's design of later cards, not the game's mechanics. That's why we're here in this forum, discussing card design and potential banlist changes. Because these elements can shift the power balance without changing the game entirely.

What's wrong with being able to change the enemy's strength to great detail? You're supposed to challenge yourself for the promise of greater rewards, see how far you can go. The Vision levels are not impossible - they're just very difficult and will push your skills to the limit as you manage with limited resources. Spells have a cooldown, supposed to be an emergency button for when you're in a pinch or to handle mobs in troubling times, and for the time the Freeze spell is recharging, your Slow gems can still do work.

You're not understanding the point of a lot of these games, sticking to your ideals that don't port over easily to other genres because of the difference in fundamental mechanics. And when your ideals don't match, you call the game a terrible one, just designed to take your money.

"Quote of Dova"                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                               Even if Konami is only doing this for money (even though you said "they released more powerful cards later" that's because they needed new ideas to keep the game fresh, or else, yeah, they'll get no money, meaning they'll crash and burn and Yu-Gi-Oh will go with them), people, for the most part, are fine with it. They play it, and enjoy it. What right do you have to come and say that all of them are wrong and mistaken?

New ideas? :D

You really didnt understand it. Do you really think, a game which is only there to generate money for some rich people, is made by people who work hard for the game and give you the best solution they could find? Thats why i also told you about all the other games. Of course not. Trading cards are nothing we didnt know before. If you want know how Yu-Gi-Oh started, i explain it. Someone had the idea or maybe the copyrights long time before. Then he is thinking how he could make the game that it sells good (easy sells) and what he need for it. There is a plan how the cards could be because there are a lot other trading cards, the know how isnt the problem, all was done at this point. Then he is thinking how he could make the most money with it. Simple, by selling crap cards first and making slowly better cards. So far, that he startet with unplayable cards and end with totally overpoered cards like now. You understand their minds now? Thats what they have done with Yu Gi OH. They made the game just to sell it from the first second. Including everything, rules, mechanics, balance, artwork, effects and so on. 

Archived