What makes a good thread?

cr47t

Question

Ok, so for the last few general topics that I've made, I don't seem to put barely any effort into the OP and it gets usually moved to Misc. If you expected another one of those threads in this thread, how about this; I'm actually going to do something, or at least try, in this OP. I thank a user for sending me a PM on the subject (i will not name him/her except by their request) to give me the idea for this.

I've been thinking about just what to make this thread about and came to a question. What makes a OP eligible for what forum? I know Misc has a lot of low-effort or low-effort-quality ones and the rest have a lot more detail into it, and I feel like I'm not getting up to that enough. So I would like to discuss; what makes a OP or thread able to garner enough serious discussion to be considered a serious thread instead of a Misc thread? If this dosen't make up to the standard for that, I'm sorry, but I can't jump from one thing to the next like that. Please help me out by discussing this with me on this thread.

4 answers to this question

In terms of replies

Keeping the amount of reaction pics to a minimum, even if they are remotely relevant to the topic (or adding more than just them for a post). Or really, acting mature in said topics and actually contribute quality content, as opposed to tasteless remarks that make no sense. 

Granted, I DID post a Team Plasma screenshot in that thread about free speech, but only because it summed up how some people at universities in this country are in terms of what they want to hear. That, and it also came with some commentary on the whole issue in itself. 

In terms of threads

Threads like the "what do you think about when people mention (place)" probably belong in Miscellaneous, since it generally amounts to a list. Or yeah, top 10 lists.

Stuff like how your neighborhood is, your dream house and maybe a few other things are fine for this section, as they generate more discussion. Not sure about the one if Earth stopped moving, as I didn't read that thread. 

---

I'm fine with reaction pics, provided you use them sparingly and actually contribute to the topic with commentary of your own.

And it looks like Armz wasn't too cool for the comment deletion xP

Woah, woah, waoh... Hang on.

This thread was originally in General, and General is prone to goofy sheet- Not so much as Misc, mind you, but still. I felt I was within a sort of 'fair' boundary of sorts, to which is why I made said post in the first place. I honestly expected it to be deleted, since I saw you hovering over the thread and because Toyo's post was also deleted.

However, because this was moved to Questions(Dunno' why it was), I still expected said post to be deleted. Since it being in Questions would completely strike anyone as being spam, because of said move.

So by all means, feel free to remove it, if need be, given the new location of this thread. It's no trouble at all, on my end =D

(It never was, really)

200_s.gif

17273_normal.jpg

What makes a good thread?

%D0%9A%D0%BE%D0%BC%D0%B8%D0%BA%D1%81%D1%

If it were a bad thread, I wouldn't be sittin' here, discussin it with ya' now would I?

*Cut to scene of me posting*

tumblr_mk1ef5oNUA1rfm892o1_500.gif

LETS SHITPOST!!!

949334.jpg

Not one of these threads is gonna' get locked

*Cut back to this thread*

In-vacanza-allOverlook-Hotel-2.jpg

One clever joke, 1 wayward lewd image, 1 random meme, and KABLOOEY!

*Cut back to newly created thread*

o2KKmY.gif

*Shitposts*

meet-the-demoman.gif

*Watching everyone's reactions*

*Cut back to new thread*

XDwwPv.gif

[Mods enter thread]

meet-the-demoman.gif

*Joke is clever and they let it slide*

gJKKyr.gif

[successful shitpost]

meet-the-demoman.mp4.jpg

I got Reps... I'm a stupid filthy memer...

They got more rules and regulations they got the likes of me...

tumblr_m3p1ac4Mlk1qi3uajo1_r2_500.gif

*Cut back to new thread*

81364Demoman.png

...T'all you fellow YCMers looking so bored, so looking for entertainment.

pYKK6Q.gif

Lurking around with your Rep quotas unfilled

OYkkor.gif

Come to Misc, I say! I'll be lurking with you, with a bunch of stupid posts

82AAx3.gif

I'm a clever JABRONI, with a bunch of witty posts

tumblr_mgqjrcHzdm1rzm1e7o1_250.gif

QWmm29.gif

*Your sides explode*

31vvGR.gif

Ahh haa haa haa! Oh, you're going to have to find more funny stuff... in Misc!

Archived