2016 US Presidential Election

Goose

635957686055861866-599110806_bigstock-US

Republican

President: Trump (baring any extraordinary events)

Vice-President:

Democrat

President: Clinton (baring any extraordinary events)

Vice-President:

Green

President: Stein (baring any extraordinary events)

Vice-President:

Libertarian

President: Johnson

Vice-President: Weld

If you want your candidate added I can do that.  Discuss.

Resources:

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html

http://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/pollster-ratings/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election,_2016

Sorry bro, the primaries technically isn't over yet. The dems don't really have a real nominee yet, since technically there are still two candidates left.

It's presumptive nominees all around except for the libertarians, but since everyone except Bernie supporters have moved on to the main event I though a few members might be interested in doing so as well.

I wanted Jeb. I love the Bush family...especially...Jennnnnna <3 :(

It's presumptive nominees all around except for the libertarians, but since everyone except Bernie supporters have moved on to the main event I though a few members might be interested in doing so as well.

Might as well call The Whore of Babylon Hillary the Dem's nominee. It's funny to hear Bernie supporters argue that delegates change their votes all the time, as if 300+ delegates will jump to Bernie's side because shut up.

I can't wait for God-Emperor Trump's reign over the United States to begin.

Could be better. We could get the Philippines' new president who plans on sending death squads to slaughter street gangs and drug dealers.

From the last few polls I did on YCM bernie got a lot. So, my point is, for a lot of YCMers interested, you're probably jumping the gun.

And just to check, I'm doing another one here; http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/353196-us-2016-presidential-election-poll/

From the last few polls I did on YCM bernie got a lot. So, my point is, for a lot of YCMers interested, you're probably jumping the gun.

And just to check, I'm doing another one here; http://forum.yugiohcardmaker.net/topic/353196-us-2016-presidential-election-poll/

So long as two people are willing to discuss it, I really couldn't care less.  If you feel like not participating in this thread until after the dem convention, you can be my guest.

It's not really jumping the gun. Bernie is way too far behind. Everyone knows it, people just want to see him do the best he can to show at the very least that his kind of politician has a chance.

It looks like for the first time I won't be voting for one of the two major parties. It's a weird feeling.

It's not really jumping the gun. Bernie is way too far behind. Everyone knows it, people just want to see him do the best he can to show at the very least that his kind of politician has a chance.

It looks like for the first time I won't be voting for one of the two major parties. It's a weird feeling.

Who you going for?  Still voting major party downticket?

Sorry bro, the primaries technically isn't over yet. The dems don't really have a real nominee yet, since technically there are still two candidates left.

Give it up, Jeb will be the Democratic nominee and those are the simple facts. Hillary can protest all she wants but she can't argue with the delegate count.

Trump will make it so we never have to suffer another Orlando

Let's clear something up.

Trump is right and wrong.  Heavily limiting Muslim immigration will slow Daesh's attempts to a standstill.  But it will not prevent Muslim extremism in this country.  If there are natural born Muslim citizens here in the U.S. who honestly, full heartedly believe in Daesh's message, they will take those extremes.  And sometimes it won't be them.

There will be more Orlandos.  There will be more Charlestons.  There will be more Sandy Hooks.  You are not going to discourage hate and stop mass shootings of any group of people by limiting Muslim immigration.  But you will drastically slow down Daesh's attempts at mass recruitment and getting their members into our country.

So no.  Trump will not make it so we never have to suffer another Orlando.  No President can make that happen.  But I do think it's a step in the right direction if it means stopping Daesh.

Let's clear something up.

Trump is right and wrong.  Heavily limiting Muslim immigration will slow Daesh's attempts to a standstill.  But it will not prevent Muslim extremism in this country.  If there are natural born Muslim citizens here in the U.S. who honestly, full heartedly believe in Daesh's message, they will take those extremes.  And sometimes it won't be them.

There will be more Orlandos.  There will be more Charlestons.  There will be more Sandy Hooks.  You are not going to discourage hate and stop mass shootings of any group of people by limiting Muslim immigration.  But you will drastically slow down Daesh's attempts at mass recruitment and getting their members into our country.

So no.  Trump will not make it so we never have to suffer another Orlando.  No President can make that happen.  But I do think it's a step in the right direction if it means stopping Daesh.

Very fair, there are other measures to be added too

For starters we must assume that Muslims born here are not of Daesh's ilk, otherwise we will need either a 9066 type order (not easy to do anymore) or some kinda of religious identification. And if we do it for one religion, we need to do it for all. And then we have a mess on our hands

That being said, we need to monitor the internet much more carefully. Freedom to privacy be damned

Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness

Life comes first. Sites need to be shut down. People need to be looked into more. Nothing should be above the government's eyes

Next Guns. I'm a gun owner. I support the existence of "assault" weapons and I detailed why to Barty in the Primary thread. That being said, the 2nd amendment gives us right to bear arms. That's it.

There should be a registry to cross analyze with the list of terror suspects 

Guns should be fingerprinted so that you cannot steal a gun to commit terror

People who have guns should have multiple background checks. I could be sane 10 years ago, and be a cultist now. It's not a one time deal. Metal Detectors should be in place. 

Do that all and keep Trump's muslim ban and our country and our people will be much safer. 

Even after all that, things could go wrong. The boston bombers used no gun. SC Shooter was no muslim

But alteast this we can do

Trump will make it so we never have to suffer another Orlando

Can we please wait a little while until we turn the worst mass shooting in american history into a political issue, whether it be gun control or Islam or whatever let's please handle the situation with a little decorum. 

Either way while I will likely be voting for one of the major party nominees I won't be happy about it. Either way after this coming election this country is going to be stuck with a President who has neither the moral integrity nor political clout to run a country and operate in the global arena. Personally I hope I vote for the loser so I can say I had no part in voting into power whatever regime we end up being stuck with.

Can we please wait a little while until we turn the worst mass shooting in american history into a political issue, whether it be gun control or Islam or whatever let's please handle the situation with a little decorum. 

Either way while I will likely be voting for one of the major party nominees I won't be happy about it. Either way after this coming election this country is going to be stuck with a President who has neither the moral integrity nor political clout to run a country and operate in the global arena. Personally I hope I vote for the loser so I can say I had no part in voting into power whatever regime we end up being stuck with.

It's been political for a while Elly. Just because nothing in the realm of political action was done about it doesn't make not political

Trump: If elected, I'll ban immigration from areas with terrorism ties

I think that's a fair policy

I live not in the US so it doesn't really affect me, but I hope the better candidate wins, in the end :)

Personally I kinda want Trump to win because I think it'll be pretty funny, but at the same time pretty tragic.

I wanted Sanders to win (although I was vehemently against free college; I am for the other way around. Making college not the way it currently is, which is necessary for most decent jobs nowadays), but he's close to out.

Will not vote Trump out of principle (No to the wall, much more open to immigration. Plus, his fanbase legitimately scares me sometimes with how they are. I mean every party has them, but Trump seems to be pandering directly to the off-base ones).

Clinton is just... eh... I like some things but really don't like others. (Fine with some of the social policy and a little economic, but really am not for much gun control or her shaky stance on a lot of issues.)

Leaves Johnson and Stein. Stein has said some very 'out-there' stuff that even I don't agree with...

so #FeeltheJohnson.

EDIT: Goose, the VP is named Weld not Held.

I wanted Sanders to win, but he's close to out.

Will not vote Trump out of principle. Clinton is just... eh... 

Leaves Johnson and Stein. Stein has said some very 'out-there' stuff that even I don't agree with...

so #FeeltheJohnson?????

Johnson renegs on some of the biggest Sanders policies.  Free education, minimum wage hike, progressive tax brackets, he basically has none of sanders economic platform.

Johnson renegs on some of the biggest Sanders policies.  Free education, minimum wage hike, progressive tax brackets, he basically has none of sanders economic platform.

I edited after the fact that I didn't like free college education. I apologize for the vagueness there. I knew Sanders would most likely not get free education stuff rolling.

I believe the minimum wage should be tied to inflation (Meaning it SHOULD have gone up over time), doesn't mean I support the hikes to such a level. It's more that I think that we should take a look at the purchasing power of our dollar and try to increase it.

I like progressive tax brackets, so I go against Johnson there.

Archived