[MtG] [EMN] Thalia and a Clone

Rodrigo

UVifEZ8.jpg

2W

First Strike

Creatures and nonbasic lands your opponents play enter the battlefield tapped.

3/2

YXPkl9P.jpg

Whenever ~ attacks you may exile another target non-token creature. If you do, ~ becomes a copy of that creature until the end of the turn. Return the exiled card to the battlefield under its owner's control at the beginning of the next end step.

What is your opinion on Thalia besides wanting to pork the bacon out of her snowzer? I am curious, since I don't know how to evaluate it. I already looked at Vryn Wingmare with backtrail, with the same measure I am looking at this card with.

As far as hate creatures go, I think she's pretty good. In Modern, maybe just misses the cut in Death and Taxes (although she does play very well with Thalia V1). In Standard, she probably sees play. It's good in the CoCo decks, and also very good against CoCo decks as you can't get surprised blocked by anything.

I'm not sure how playable she is. RooT maze on a good body is nothing to ignore but I can't really see her fitting Into a dnT, hate bears maybe since they want to play more aggressively. The biggest issue I think is jamming more copies of legendAries in your deck can make it a bit award.

coco into thalia and reflector mage is going to be the absolute grossest shit to hit standard now. no thanks but actually thanks a lot guess im splashing blue in abzan

i really like the clone if it can blink any creature. gonna be great in commander, as clones nowadays seem to be.

Archived