Hearthstone

Shradow

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never thought I'd do this but I've actually taken Tirion out of my Paladin decks. He just conflicts too much with DK Uther. There were times in my first deck builds where I'd play Tiron on 8 and then have to hold off playing DK Uther because I wouldn't want the weapon to be overwritten, or vice versa I wouldn't want to play Tirion after playing DK Uther for the same reason. Maybe I've just been unlucky(?) always having them in hand together, but I'm still testing the waters.

Though once I have him, The Lich King will be a perfect slot in to replace Tirion.

EDIT: Blackguard is the single best addition I've made to the deck so far as a one of, that card is so good with the various healing options Paladin has right now.

I never thought I'd do this but I've actually taken Tirion out of my Paladin decks. He just conflicts too much with DK Uther. There were times in my first deck builds where I'd play Tiron on 8 and then have to hold off playing DK Uther because I wouldn't want the weapon to be overwritten, or vice versa I wouldn't want to play Tirion after playing DK Uther for the same reason. Maybe I've just been unlucky(?) always having them in hand together, but I'm still testing the waters.

Though once I have him, The Lich King will be a perfect slot in to replace Tirion.

That feels more unlucky than anything. Sometimes you'll run into games where you draw Truesilver Champion when you have your weapon. Doesn't mean you shouldn't play it.

Also, I am curious if my above pack was bugged since I think we shouldn't be getting two of the same card in a pack now.

Blizzard's not going to completely remove getting dupes of cards, that would be really dumb for them to do. This still helps you get more cards that are different.

I'm loving Corpsetaker. It's like I have 3 Wickerflame Burnbristles, not counting extras from Stonehill Defender.

Blizzard's not going to completely remove getting dupes of cards, that would be really dumb for them to do. This still helps you get more cards that are different.

I'm loving Corpsetaker. It's like I have 3 Wickerflame Burnbristles, not counting extras from Stonehill Defender.

I mean I guess this can only come up at the VERY start of an expansions release, but it still feels dumb that you can.

The fact that you still have other playable Divine Shield/Taunt/Lifesteal minions also means even if you draw Wickerflame you can still use Taker as a copy.

Crypt Lord in Token Druid is absolutely disgusting and I love it. Druid of the Swarm is pretty good, too. And I like Malfurion the Pestilent on the top end for when I need a couple more bodies, and the Hero Power gives that extra bit of reach when needed.

Crypt Lord in Token Druid is absolutely disgusting and I love it. Druid of the Swarm is pretty good, too. And I like Malfurion the Pestilent on the top end for when I need a couple more bodies, and the Hero Power gives that extra bit of reach when needed.

Crypt Lord seems insane in Token Druid. Tar Creeper gives is harder to attack into, but Lord just stays around for so long. I really like Druid of the Swarm is slower Druids. Kibler says Druid DK is the second best legendary in the set and I can see it. The Warlock DK is also VERY powerful.

This is my current Token Druid deck, it's 12-3 right now.

PJvzRKz.png

And Warlock's is great, as well. I've been trying out J4CKIECHAN's deck, it's super fun. The amount of AoE is absurd and all the healing is nice.

mWa6zG2.png

My next crafts are gonna be a couple Saronite Chain Gangs, for my Paladin handbuff deck.

Egg Napper is a weird choice, but I notice you don't have Patches. It really kind of sucks that if you want to build an aggro deck it is more or less a mandatory card. I'm also not the biggest fan of both Lord and Creeper in the same list.

The demon Warlock list looks really sweet and I feel like I've played against it. Part of me wants to add a discard package into the deck, but it just looks extremely tight.

Egg Napper's been in just about every Token Druid list I've ever seen, but yeah, I don't have Patches. And I really feel neither the need nor want to craft him. It would just feel wrong, because funk Pirates. Between Crypt Lord, Druid of the Swam, and Tar Creeper, my defences are rock solid, it's great.

And you probably have, I've mirror matched with it against other Warlocks a few times already. Warlock's been in the dumpster for so long that people are looking for any way to make him great again.

Egg Napper's been in just about every Token Druid list I've ever seen, but yeah, I don't have Patches. And I really feel neither the need nor want to craft him. It would just feel wrong, because funk Pirates. Between Crypt Lord, Druid of the Swam, and Tar Creeper, my defences are rock solid, it's great.

And you probably have, I've mirror matched with it against other Warlocks a few times already. Warlock's been in the dumpster for so long that people are looking for any way to make him great again.

The list I've seen don't. I get the hate for Patches, but without him I just feel bad playing Rouge since every Rouge deck plays him.

So, I just did the math and I could build that Warlock deck for only 2240. I actually have the dust and would have a nice chunk leftover. I'm going to hold off since I'd rather try and open the commons and rares, but that looks like a nice budget deck.

I crafted the Lich King so Bolvar is definitely the one I want to hit up next, he's just such a solid card. Before the expansion hit he seemed to get a lot of flak, but I think he's very underrated. He very easily become a 5/7, and getting to 7+ isn't too hard to reach either. Really nice setup for Spikeridged Steed, too.

Also his summon entrance is incredible.

EDIT: DK Guldan's hero power is so insane, I somehow didn't take notice of it at all until I got my own copy. Probably the best one out of the DK cards.

This is the single most stupid, fun deck I've ever made. Even more than Reno-unce Darkness Warlock.

HBujKFu.png

I'm currently 3-3 with it, still in the testing phase. The number of Obsidian Statues I can get out is hilarious. Also, Mirage Caller + Potion of Madness can make for some awesome stuff since the 1/1 copy that is summoned also has Charge from the Potion.

I was inspired by this:

This is pretty similar to a Big Priest deck Kibler was playing a couple days ago. I don't remember the full list but I know he wasn't a a Quest deck. So he wasn't playing that, N’Zoth, Arfus, or the Mirage Callers. He also didn't have Ysera, but that seems wrong. Only card he had that I remember is Y’Shaarj.

And yea, I've played against a few variants of this deck and it seems really powerful. Hard to beat wave after wave of giant minions.

I don't actually have Y’Shaarj but if I did I don't think I'd run him. Sometimes I actually want stuff like the Obsidian Statues and Lich King/Ysera/Arfus to stay in the deck for a bit and pulling stuff like Barnes and the Mirage Callers isn't good. I had a game where I got him off of Free From Amber and he was actually really unhelpful, the only reason I won the game is because I kept summoning him back with Eternal Servitude and the 10/10 bodies were enough.

Having the Quest just makes sense to me since you're summoning so many Statues/Arfuses, and with this deck it's not like I was gonna have any other plays on turn 1 anyways.

During my first game with the deck I summoned 12 Obsidian Statues:

Cecj68p.png

https://hsreplay.net/replay/GLtke9r5SFsBhj9W2GKviQ

So while DK Uther is probably the strongest in terms of simple raw power, and DK Rexxar is the most fun with the Zombeasts, DK Valeera is by far the coolest. Just seeing the things it can do when I'm watching various streamers, it's such a cool card with those Shadow Reflections. I was indifferent to it at first but now I really want one.

I actually think Uther is among the weaker death knights. In terms of power I'd put Malfurion as number 1. Not only is does it have a home and an insanely powerful hero power, it is the 3rd cheapest in the ramp class.

In terms of raw power I'd personally rank them

Malfurion

Gul'dan

Anduin

Valeera

Jaina

Uther

Garrosh

Rexxar

Thrall

Honestly though I do think over all the power level is pretty close, especially as you move down my list. Anduin would also be a bit further down if I took out the fact that Raza can make the hero power free.

Well to be fair Druid's kind of insane as a whole right now, even without the DK. Stuff like Spreading Plague and Ultimate Infestation are bonkers, Druids are ruling the meta right now.

I can understand Gul'dan on a base level, I honestly forgot about him, though Warlock isn't as strong as Paladin overall. I don't agree with Jaina or Anduin, though. With Anduin he's only really scary if you've got free Raza Hero Power into Lyra and/or Velen combos (which still mostly limits his best use to Highlander decks), in which case you could just argue for Uther's Beardo OTK. Jaina's cool (heh) and all, but Elemental Mage isn't as good as stuff like Exodia/Secret/Freeze Mage, though it's always fun to get out Baron Geddon with Lifesteal. Uther is just incredibly powerful standalone, you get the immediate 10 health swing with the armor and weapon attack with 10 more health from the other two attacks, you get a straight upgrade to an already good Hero Power (2/2s are harder to take out than 1/1s than you'd think) and if your opponent can't deal with it you just flat out win the game.

I imagine Rexxar would be rated a lot higher by most people if it were in most any class other than Hunter.

Anyways, trying out Shaman now, since I pulled two copies of the new Giant, only just started off at 2-0 so far:

GtwRrlQ.png

Well to be fair Druid's kind of insane as a whole right now, even without the DK. Stuff like Spreading Plague and Ultimate Infestation are bonkers, Druids are ruling the meta right now.

I can understand Gul'dan on a base level, I honestly forgot about him, though Warlock isn't as strong as Paladin overall. I don't agree with Jaina or Anduin, though. With Anduin he's only really scary if you've got free Raza Hero Power into Lyra and/or Velen combos (which still mostly limits his best use to Highlander decks), in which case you could just argue for Uther's Beardo OTK. Jaina's cool (heh) and all, but Elemental Mage isn't as good as stuff like Exodia/Secret/Freeze Mage, though it's always fun to get out Baron Geddon with Lifesteal. Uther is just incredibly powerful standalone, you get the immediate 10 health swing with the armor and weapon attack with 10 more health from the other two attacks, you get a straight upgrade to an already good Hero Power (2/2s are harder to take out than 1/1s than you'd think) and if your opponent can't deal with it you just flat out win the game.

I imagine Rexxar would be rated a lot higher by most people if it were in most any class other than Hunter.

Anyways, trying out Shaman now, since I pulled two copies of the new Giant, only just started off at 2-0 so far:

GtwRrlQ.png

It is true that ignoring the OTK with Uther while considering Raza for Anduin is unfair. I do personally consider it stronger, but when you compare the two as stand alone the power levels are much more comparable. As I said outside of the top two I think most of them are pretty close. What has me put Jaina over Uther is her hero power is on average way stronger and the life you can get just from the elementals she makes is comparable to what Uther gets with his weapon. Elemental Mage is certainly weaker than the other forms of Mage, but she single handily lets people play a different style of Mage from what they normally would. Rexxar has a cool ability, but it is really slow. At least thats my biggest issue.

That looks like a solid base for overload Shaman.

Archived