Hearthstone

Shradow

Yeah, but are there any notable non-Priest dragon decks right now? Because the card is good, but I don't think there are many situations you'd want it over Drakonid OP in Priest unless he wasn't an option in the discover (which is really hard, given the x4 likeliness of class cards appearing).

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, but are there any notable non-Priest dragon decks right now? Because the card is good, but I don't think there are many situations you'd want it over Drakonid OP in Priest unless he wasn't an option in the discover (which is really hard, given the x4 likeliness of class cards appearing).

Not that I know of. You are right that you don't want these in the main deck for Dragon Priest, but I think this is a solid discover target in some game states even for them. Didn't know about the discover bias being that strong. You are also right this might make another class Dragon deck have legs.

Also, I'm only 9-2 with this, but I've done like 3 or 4 drafts in Hearthstone so I'm pretty proud of this. Though I did get some advice from a friend.

aXETzBy.png

Didn't know about the discover bias being that strong.

Yeah, it's why Stonehill Defender is so good in Paladin. There's a 21% chance of getting any one specific class card (Tirion Fordring, Sunkeeper Tarim, Wickerflame Burnbristle, or Grimestreet Protector), and 66% of getting at least one non-specifically. And why Priests discover Drakonid OP so often.

I haven't been doing much Arena lately since I've just been saving gold, but with the 2 free runs so far from Ahune I've gone 10-3 both times with Rogue.

[spoiler=Deck 1]EMJDtb4.png

[spoiler=Deck 2]841rKVR.png

Also, in case anyone was wondering, Jaraxxus will not be changed to a Hero Card since he works differently because he sets your health.

Both those decks look insane, so you going 10-3 makes total sense. My first free draft was only 5-3. Pretty sure I high rolled the prizes so I got lucky. Honestly, I'm just shocked about me getting THREE legendaries. That seems SUPER uncommon. Guess thats why I don't open them in packs.

Also, I was amazed at how large the prize jumps are from 5 to 8. Each win is a massive jump in prize quality.

d7TnSAA.jpg?1

Gnomish Vampire - Battlecry: Remove the top card from your opponent's deck.

Now this is interesting. I didn't think Hearthstone would get these sort of forced discard mechanics outside of overdrawing. Though it's effectively no different from having the card be on the bottom of your deck and you not drawing it versus it being removed off the top, but if the card is visible it could affect what you need to play around and stuff.

This card is really interesting, especially against combo decks like Quest Mage. Even outside of combo decks though, you can get rid of key cards from your opponent (the first thing that comes to mind is milling someone's deathkngiht card, but also even simple stuff like milling Rogue's Gadgetzan or Druid's Living Mana, ect.) And its stats really good for a 2 drop. I like this card a lot.

11OPHlD.jpg?1

I like this. It goes well with Animated Berserker and Blood to Ichor, and of course the various whirlwind effects Warrior has.

This is certainly powerful. Curious where it might fit in constructed though since neither Warrior decks really want this type of effect.

Anyway, one more card

070f1e69-d4da-44a7-8807-6e20d824b4b6.png

This seems really good.

I haven't opened any packs since they announced the pack changes coming with KotFT, currently up to 14.

I was opening until I got another legendary and was going to start saving for KotFT. Honestly thankful my 9-3 record in the draft got me an Awaken the Makers since otherwise I'd have gotten complete junk from Un'Goro in terms of stuff I didn't craft (which was just one card).

I really should've been doing this earlier, but I'm gonna grind Arena for the rest of the Frost Festival. So far today I've gone 8-3 with Shaman and 10-3 with Priest.

[spoiler=Shaman]cYDwqBR.png

[spoiler=Priest]oE9F566.png

And I'm really coming to appreciate Tortollan Primalist. There are a fair amount of spells it can discover that aren't affected by the random target side effect, such as Sprint, Bloodlust, enemy-only AoE, etc.

"I like your deck. I think I will TAKE IT."

QovEYiw.png

OMFG yes I love it I want it now. funking crafting this day one if I don't pull him. He'll go great with Hemet, Jungle Hunter.

We'll have to wait and see if this is actually viable, but damn is it a spicy meme card. 10/10

as for arena, Tortollan Primalist is a pretty nifty card if you're playing the right class. Vanishing with this thing is oddly satisfying, mainly because you get to play it again.

Anyways, new cards!

39c42c50-bf59-4f99-8c08-433978e9aff8.png

Boy they are REALLY pushing thief priest. Wonder if the Deathknight will follow suit. Maybe "Discover a card in your opponent's deck" or something?

8dfed045-96ad-4001-b254-5d4405f2a2c4.png

MORE PIRATES NOOOO

That said this seems to be much more of a mid-range card possible. Then again, a 4 mana 6/4 or 6/5 on turn 4 sounds terrifying

6543282a-9693-444f-a8ea-f6805e7d030b.png

Seems like it could be a deathknight-hate card of sorts. I don't think it'll make it though; neat in arena.

There's also the combination of playing this + Dopplegansters, which you can do to get 3 7 drops for 10 mana. You get a good number of stats even if you low-roll it (3 stone sentinels gives you 12/12 of stats across 3 bodies), while your high rolls are insane. Pretty powerful tempo swing if you find yourself not having the board when you get this and its turn 10.

I imagine this can both be easily slotted into the current token evolve Shaman deck as well as allow for a more midrange evolve deck. I'm hoping for the latter, but the token evolve Shaman is already really fun as it is.

Also, I wonder if Baron Geddon will be a cool tech card in Frost Lich Jaina decks.

EDIT: New Paladin card:

dirDus4.png

Righteous Protector - Taunt. Divine Shield.

That's pretty strong, it's more or less Paladin's Possessed Villager. Useful for the Divine Shield synergy Paladin is getting this expansion, good anti-aggro (or aggro) tool, and its not even necessarily a bad choice from Stonehill Defender.

New Priest card:

S2M8W4P.png?2

Now that's a strong card with a powerful effect. Very good resurrect target or potentially getting it out with a card like Barnes, goes with N'Zoth, and it's currently the only Priest class card that can be discovered by Free From Amber, so it has a high chance of showing up. It also gives Priests more of a reason to run Stonehill Defender than just Tortollan Shellraiser

New Hunter card:

neu7bqd.png?1

Corpse Widow - Your Deathrattle cards cost (2) less.

Now that's pretty nice. There's plenty of room in Hunter's 5 mana slot, and unlike Tundra Rhino this is nicely statted (take that Priest). It's got pseudo-taunt since your opponent won't want to leave this alive, with a useful effect since Hunters have some nice Deathrattles. They don't have any Deathrattle weapons yet like Shaman or Warrior, but if they get any those will also be affected by this since it's "cards" not just "minions". It's just cheap enough to be potentially used for Zombeasts, as well.

https://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/20856395/wild-sets-and-card-pack-changes-now-live-8-1-2017

The pack changes are live, but I wouldn't necessarily open packs yet as we're not 100% sure that the pity timer bug going is fixed yet. You could potentially get more in the long run depending on how people affected by the bug are compensated for it, but I personally won't open until I know it's fixed.

Wild packs/adventures are now available as well, but only on the Blizzard site for money, you can't purchase them in-game.

There's not much to say about Righteous Protector honestly, just a pretty simple and strong early game minion. It's basically a better Argent Squire, which is already on the cusp of viability.

Obsidian Statue is just a really cool card, especially for quest priest. At the very least, it'll get picked very often from Free From Amber, so I expect it to see play even if people aren't putting it directly in their decks. Also funny that it's 4 Attack since it makes it rather difficult for a Priest to deal with efficiently.

Corpse Widow is a cute card. Even outside of a more control-y deck, I can still see this being run in midrange hunter as the 5 drop. Even though I don't think the value is insane in that deck, it does at least allow Highmane + Hero Power on the next turn, which is good for that deck's gameplan. 

Ok, the pity timer bug has been confirmed fixed. Time to open the packs I've built up!

EDIT: Out of 9 classic packs, I had several epics (one of which was golden), and I also pulled Leeroy Jenkins.

1 MSoG pack had nothing of note.

And out of 9 Un'Goro packs, well... http://i.imgur.com/mBKJ6Ua.png

Got over 1000 dust from all the extras, so I was finally able to craft Lyra.

I honestly think the commons and epics have on average been better than the epics and legendaries so far. Obsidian Statue is certainly nice, but that 9 mana cost. Great Free From Amber target though.

Ok, the pity timer bug has been confirmed fixed. Time to open the packs I've built up!

EDIT: Out of 9 classic packs, I had several epics (one of which was golden), and I also pulled Leeroy Jenkins.

1 MSoG pack had nothing of note.

And out of 9 Un'Goro packs, well... http://i.imgur.com/mBKJ6Ua.png

Got over 1000 dust from all the extras, so I was finally able to craft Lyra.

Curious how they are going to compensate people that got screwed by the bug.

I like how in 1 pack you opened 2/3s of the legendaries I opened over 4 months.

Maybe one day Discolock will actually be good so I can use Clutchmother.

And it's better if the commons/rares are better than the epics/legendaries, it's cheaper that way. Un'Goro had too many very good epics for my tastes. Shelling out 1600 dust for a single Legendary doesn't feel as bad as having to put in 800 for two epics, imo.

Archived