Hearthstone

Shradow

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

edit: ninja'ed

that druid is a bit wonky. to be fair 2/10 taunt is not something to be ignored off. gaining 3 attack or shields interchangeably is quite good

now in the ideal world...Fandral means 7 mana 6/14 poisonous taunt.... while i know the fact that Fandral wont be interact with the hero power...can you imagine how neat it is if it does?

I had written some stuff, but it got deleted so short opinion

Druid Deathknight seems really solid to me, especially since they can ramp up to it. Hero Power is strong, Battlecry seems a bit weak without Fandral although not complete garbage.

Druid of the Swamp is a solid Toke Druid card imo

Paladin Deathknight is awesome for control decks

Blackguard seems like its a lot of fun, although it kind of sucks that Truesilver heals before you attack

EDIT: ALSO I JUST NOTICED THAT ITS CALLED "Uther the Ebon Blade" BUT THE 5/3 WEAPON IS A HAMMER

D R O P P E D

I want almost every Paladin card that's been revealed so far. I'm gonna want to try at least Divine Shield, Handbuff, and DK OTK.

EDIT: ALSO I JUST NOTICED THAT ITS CALLED "Uther the Ebon Blade" BUT THE 5/3 WEAPON IS A HAMMER

D R O P P E D

The Knights of the Ebon Blade is a WoW faction of death knights (sorta like the baddie version of the Knights of the Silver Hand). Initially, they were renegades who foght against the Lich King, but with Bolvar taking over they now fight for him against the Burning Legion so Bolvar will keep the Scourge contained in Northrend (overall a pretty fitting group for the Paladin DK to be in). It's not a specific weapon or anything.

EDIT: To Blizzard Jail with you, Trump!

https://clips.twitch.tv/KathishPricklyMoonKreygasm

CARD REVEAL STREAM IN 5 MINUTES

GET READY BOYS

https://www.twitch.tv/playhearthstone

I want almost every Paladin card that's been revealed so far. I'm gonna want to try at least Divine Shield, Handbuff, and DK OTK.

The Knights of the Ebon Blade is a WoW faction of death knights (sorta like the baddie version of the Knights of the Silver Hand). Initially, they were renegades who foght against the Lich King, but with Bolvar taking over they now fight for him against the Burning Legion so Bolvar will keep the Scourge contained in Northrend (overall a pretty fitting group for the Paladin DK to be in). It's not a specific weapon or anything.

EDIT: To Blizzard Jail with you, Trump!

https://clips.twitch.tv/KathishPricklyMoonKreygasm

Oh, I didn't know that. The name is a lot better now lmao

Full spoiler is now up.

https://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/expansions-adventures/knights-of-the-frozen-throne/cards#neutral

And now for a total noobs thoughts.

Not gonna lie, Druid being the Taunt class is for the set is a little weird. I get the nombo with the Warrior Quest and Warrior Deathknight is strong, but you'd think they'd have done a little more to support it. Overall don't think Druid got much for either of the Druid decks. Fatespinner is likely the best card.

No idea what to make of Hunter's cards. In a vacuum Bearshark is likely the strongest. Hunter likely needs a more controlling deck to be good for it to do much of anything.

Mage has some solid choices. The push for elementals is pretty strong and secret mage got a nice toy.

Paladin got some really nice ones. Honestly, a lot of the cards feel live for constructed play. Obviously most won't get there, but they all have legs to stand on at least.

Priest did pretty well. Statue is insane off Free from Amber and the Deathknight is super powerful. Servitude and Embrace also look strong.

Rouge has a lot of good cards. The Deathknight, Shadowblade, Doomerang, and Plague Scientist all seem good. Leaching Poison might be good enough and Pillager is powerful, if a little expensive. Honestly, my biggest issue is that pushing Rogue weapons makes her Hero Power worse, but the Deathknight does a lot to fix that.

Shaman doesn't have any cards that seem good in the Evolve deck which is the main Shaman deck. The closest is the Deathknight, but giving up the ability to make a body hurts the deck a fair bit. That said it is still strong, and the class got a number of powerful cards. Past the Deathknight you have Hexxer, Ice Fishing, Avalanche, Brrrloc, and Moorabi.

Warlock did pretty well. Reveler is a good enabler for Deathrattles and in low cheap Warlock decks and Howlfiend MIGHT do something in that type of deck. Dreadload is pretty powerful and Defile is obviously insane. Blood-Queen might give the discard deck enough of a push and the Deathknight is really good. Drain Soul is also likely to put in a lot of work.

Warrior is hard to get a read on. None of the cards are obviously powerful in the existing Warrior decks since it is pushing in a more Whirlwind style deck. Blood Razor seems solid in Taunt Warrior though and I could see Forge getting there too. Though I think Forge is bad in Pirates since being Weapon flooded is one of the ways the deck loses. The Deathknight being a nombo with Quest makes me unsure what to think of it. I'm inclined to think it isn't good since it just gives you more board control which the class doesn't really need.

As for thoughts on some Neutral cards. I like Bone Drake as a Dragon option. I'm not sold on Geist being good, but I could be wrong. Banshee seems pretty strong in an aggressive deck. Especially since you can play around it. Chain Gang seems like a great hit off Stonehill. Especially in Evolve Shaman. Frostrider seems power. Arfus seems bad with Potion of Madness being such a commonly played card. The Lich King delivered on his card.

Watching the stream now, Arfus is the best thing ever. That animation is great. It works with Build-A-Beast, too.

Arthas' card is pretty great, too. Very similar to Ysera, but maybe better because of its stronger board presence and coming out a turn earlier.

New patch to set things up for the expansion: https://us.battle.net/hearthstone/en/blog/20944006/hearthstone-update-august-8-8-8-2017

Loving the Arena changes. Sometimes the rewards just felt so unrewarding. The other change with synergy cards is nice, too, it means that cards like dragons or jades will be more likely to show up within the first couple picks to give you a headstart towards what you might want to build towards (your choice does not affect later card appearances so you could still get screwed out of not getting more dragons or jades).

The flavor text for all the Death Knight Hero Cards is fantastic, too. Valeera's probably my favorite.

It shouldn't until the expansion actually hits. And I'm not sure if any arena drafts from now will give you new or old packs even if you finish them once the expansion hits.

[spoiler=I think the Arena synergy card changes are working.]

YEYu6XH.png

Mine was still Un'Goro, but we knew that. I'm saying I don't know if you wait 2 days to finish your draft if the reward will still be Un'Goro or KotFT since it's a draft from the old expansion.

I'm loving some of these flavor texts, now that I'm looking through the normal, less serious ones.

The Lich King - "All that I am: anger, cruelty, vengeance, 8 attack - I bestow upon you, my chosen knight."

Arfus - There must always be a Lick King.

Rattling Rascal - Don't give up, skeleton!

Skulking Geist - It's as though a million Jade Idols cried out, and were suddenly silenced.

I'm saying I don't know if you wait 2 days to finish your draft if the reward will still be Un'Goro or KotFT since it's a draft from the old expansion.

I'm loving some of these flavor texts, now that I'm looking through the normal, less serious ones.

The Lich King - "All that I am: anger, cruelty, vengeance, 8 attack - I bestow upon you, my chosen knight."

Arfus - There must always be a Lick King.

Rattling Rascal - Don't give up, skeleton!

Skulking Geist - It's as though a million Jade Idols cried out, and were suddenly silenced.

Ooooooo. That would be dumb if it was the case, but I can also totally see it being the case. Blarg.

I really wish I played more on my desktop since phones can't see flavor text. Those are all perfect.

Mobile can't see flavor text? That sucks. In that case let me share the DK texts to anyone who hasn't already seen them:

Thrall, Deathseer - "Do not be afraid. Approach. The dead will sleep… for now."
Valeera the Hollow - "Run away. Hide in your precious keeps, behind your walls and your bodyguards. Night always falls, and shadows will fill your hallowed halls. One day, one of those shadows will be me."
Deathstalker Rexxar - "You were too slow, old friend. The hunt began long ago. And now... it will never end."
Uther of the Ebon Blade - "Step forward. Confess! Once I was a mere servant of the Light. Now I alone stand in judgement."
Shadowreaper Anduin - "I will tell you what Velen never taught me. Whosoever stands before the Light… inevitably casts a shadow."
Bloodreaver Gul'dan - "Still you refuse to bend your knee? None can escape death, you old fool. And in death… all will serve me…"
Malfurion the Pestilent - "Cenarius once taught me about the precarious balance between life and death. I have come to understand: there IS no balance. Death always wins."
Frost Lich Jaina - "Arthas was a spoiled child, playing with toys he could neither control nor understand. Come into the cold. I will show you the true power of the Frozen Throne."
Scourgelord Garrosh - "You dare to challenge me? Come! Draw your last breath - and then, you are mine."

Someone on reddit also pointed out something really interesting about Rexxar's: Not sure if it's the intended meaning but I find Rexxar's to be the grimmest one. "You were too slow, old friend" he says as he butchers and re-stitches the corpse of one of his Animal Companions. "Now the hunt will never end", he mutters to the lifeless body, soon to be raised from the dead.

EDIT: Put in a couple more Arena runs today before the festival ends, went 7-3 (got carried hard by Vicious Fledgling) and 10-3 (would've been 11 or 12 wins but I accidentally played Stormwatcher into Mirror Entity without checking with my cheaper minion first because I was multi-tasking playing Fire Emblem Heroes and Hearthstone at the same time and lost my third game because of it, and I also lost my first game by 1 damage because I didn't hit face with Atiesh one time):
[spoiler=7-3]2LQVozt.png

[spoiler=10-3]ehnzvEj.png

Spent all my gold on packs. Ended up having twenty.

Pulls included Deathstalker Rexxar, Prince Kelseth (first legendary I opened), and Frost Litch Jaina. Got Uther of the Ebon Blade from the quest. For epics I opened Meat Wagon, Rattling Rascal, Embrace Darkness, and Furnacefire Colossus. Extra commons netted me 80 dust. No golden cards sadly. Going to craft Lich King since it is going to be played in EVERYTHING. This puts me at 5 legendaries from Knight. For all of Un'Goro I got 6. Yea.....

With my low resources (only got about 13 packs), I managed to pick up Bolvar. I might try it out in like aggro Paladin once I pull the Rightous Defender or w/e its called.
Also got DK Jaina from the Prologue. I wasn't too excited for this one, but it could of gone a lot worse honestly. Elemental Mage is also a pretty fun Deck so overall happy. Thinking about what I want to spend my dust on, but I'd rather get some more packs in before I make a decision. It's probably going to end up being Lich King though for my Quest Warrior deck.

I've opened about 80 packs so far and this is my KFT collection: http://imgur.com/a/jGrrh

The only cards I've crafted are the two Corpsetakers and golden Uther DK. So for my Legendaries so far I've got Malfurion DK, Gul'dan DK, Uther DK, Arfus, Rotface, and Prince Taldaram.

That is not a lot of Legendaries. I'm -1 at only 20 packs.

Also, should I craft Ice Blocks? It is a classic card, insanely powerful, and I think really good in Elemental Mage thanks to the Lifesteal from Jaina.

Archived