Hearthstone

Shradow

• Replies 664
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have no idea.

I really need to craft Valeera, because she allows for the return of Mill Rogue to standard, since Gang Up is only in Wild. I love Mill Rogue.

EDIT: I've finally broken my personal rule of never DEing a golden legendary, I got rid of my golden Mekgineer Thermoplug to craft Valeera.

I have no idea.

I really need to craft Valeera, because she allows for the return of Mill Rogue to standard, since Gang Up is only in Wild. I love Mill Rogue.

EDIT: I've finally broken my personal rule of never DEing a golden legendary, I got rid of my golden Mekgineer Thermoplug to craft Valeera.

That seems like a good trade.  

well just some nice cinematic...or a sign of further brand defining?

some got cringe some find it heartwarming

This was totally adorable.

You guys seen the Zoolock decks with Prince Keleseth? They're actually pretty rad with a pretty good winrate, and if you hard mulligan for Keleseth you actually have a decent chance of getting him within your first couple draws. You have to give up Dire Wolf Alpha and Knife Juggler, but that's pretty much it.

Jeez, they're really not messing around with the Lich King encounter.

Unless you're Druid, of course. You just take a few ramp cards, Fandral, Auctioneers, and Jade Idols, then fill the rest with cheap minions to get removed.

Unless you're Priest which has no nerf. Thats what I used to beat it.

So the challenges are

Druid: Lose all

Mage: 1 Health

Warlock: 2 for each duplicate in your deck

Shaman: Minions in hand and deck are 1/1s

Rouge: Loses all spells

Paladin: Minions dying go to Lich King

Warrior: Gain 100

Hunter: 2 for each minion in deck

Priest: Can't emote

Some of those are a LOT harder than others.

Don't be ridiculous, Priest took the biggest hit. How am I supposed to use Anduin's top tier BM without emotes? So far I've only beat him with Druid, Priest, and Rogue.

[spoiler=Had a very interesting game against a Shaman with EZ BIG EZ PRIEST. I lost to Bloodlust the next turn but I almost stabilized.]Y8mEJBo.png

Don't be ridiculous, Priest took the biggest hit. How am I supposed to use Anduin's top tier BM without emotes? So far I've only beat him with Druid, Priest, and Rogue.

[spoiler=Had a very interesting game against a Shaman with EZ BIG EZ PRIEST. I lost to Bloodlust the next turn but I almost stabilized.]Y8mEJBo.png

I figured out why Priest has no weakness. You can Mind Vision and silence the Lich King. Is pretty funny.

And wow, thats a lot of Groms.

I was actually mistaken, I haven't done Rogue yet. But as it turns out, Murloc rushdown works with most of the classes. So I just have Rogue and Warrior left to do, and I'll just use more or less the same deck I used for Mage, Paladin, and Shaman.

EDIT: Oh funk Warrior's condition is Arthas gains 100 armor. Okay it won't work for Warrior. He's the last class I need, but the only strategy I can think of is fatiguing him with Kel'thuzad and an army of resurrecting taunts, but I don't yet have the copies of Dead Man's Hand that are required to make it work.

Turns out Dead Man's Hand wasn't required. I milled both of our decks while stalling but since the AI can still be exploited not to kill taunts when you have Kel'thuzad and the Lich King plays no other cards while he has Frostmourne active, I built up a huge board behind the lone Public Defender and Kel'thuzad (as well as a lot of armor thanks to Justicar Trueheart) and when we both had no deck then I killed the last Soul Trap and got to work on his life total.

So, Arthas skin get! It's quite nice.

What was the Murloc shell you were using? Don't have all the cards most likely, but I can have it as a reference for later.

Murloc Tidecaller x2

Murloc Warleader x2

Murloc Tinyfin x2

Old Murk-Eye x1

Coldlight Seer x2

Grimscale Oracle x2

Rockpool Hunter x2

Gentle Megasaur x2

For Paladin I included Grimscale Chum x2 and would've included Vilefin Inquisitor x2 if I had any, and for Shaman I included Primalfin Totem x2, Call in the Finishers x2, and Everyfin is Awesome x2.

You mostly just need all the neutral Murloc stuff, none of the classes (that aren't Warrior, Druid, Hunter, or Warlock since their challenges don't make this strategy very feasible/possible) really matter except Shaman having Everyfin is Awesome to counteract his becoming 1/1s. You just mulligan for at least one 0 or 1 drop (and preferably Rockpool Hunter), use buffs to trade efficiently early on to keep all your Murlocs alive (when I did it with Paladin I only ever lost 2 Murlocs and 1 Noble Sacrifice guy that he took control of, and it was near the end where it didn't matter) and go face when you can, then with stuff like Warleaders, Seers, and Megasaurs, just buff the hell out of them and win. Even if he gets to turn 7 you should be able to have a significant enough board you can still clear his board within a turn or 2 and then finish him off because he should be quite low by that time. Even if he Obliterates a Murloc or two, he should often take a heavy hit in doing so.

You do have to get a bit lucky enough to not deal with Blizzard on turn 6, that would mess things up. But he doesn't play any cards while he has Frostmourne and I always killed him immediatley after so he never got a chance to play anything else, so if you can get past turn 6 Blizzard then you should be good if you set everything else up properly and you didn't just already kill him.

does anybody here get a sudden 2000 dust?

oh the cards i want to create...there a gajillion of it this year

That was for anyone affected by the pity timer bug before it got fixed. Seems they sent out a second wave of rewards to anyone they didn't catch the first time. I got nothing both times so I must've never been affected by it.

Murloc Tidecaller x2

Murloc Warleader x2

Murloc Tinyfin x2

Old Murk-Eye x1

Coldlight Seer x2

Grimscale Oracle x2

Rockpool Hunter x2

Gentle Megasaur x2

For Paladin I included Grimscale Chum x2 and would've included Vilefin Inquisitor x2 if I had any, and for Shaman I included Primalfin Totem x2, Call in the Finishers x2, and Everyfin is Awesome x2.

You mostly just need all the neutral Murloc stuff, none of the classes (that aren't Warrior, Druid, Hunter, or Warlock since their challenges don't make this strategy very feasible/possible) really matter except Shaman having Everyfin is Awesome to counteract his becoming 1/1s. You just mulligan for at least one 0 or 1 drop (and preferably Rockpool Hunter), use buffs to trade efficiently early on to keep all your Murlocs alive (when I did it with Paladin I only ever lost 2 Murlocs and 1 Noble Sacrifice guy that he took control of) and go face when you can, then with stuff like Warleaders, Seers, and Megasaurs, just buff the hell out of them and win. Even if he gets to turn 7 you should be able to have a significant enough board you can still clear his board within a turn or 2 and then finish him off because he should be quite low by that time. Even if he Obliterates a Murloc or two, he should often take a heavy hit in doing so.

You do have to get a bit lucky enough to not deal with Blizzard on turn 6, that would mess things up. But he doesn't play any cards while he has Frostmourne and I always killed him immediatley after so he never got a chance to play anything else, so if you can get past turn 6 Blizzard then you should be good if you set everything else up properly and you didn't just already kill him.

Good to know. Thank you.

And it actually is possible with Hunter, as well. The base list I included had 15 minions, and while you could cut back a bit it's actually not necessary. You only take 2 damage for minions in your deck so any you drew in your hand wouldn't be affected, so as long as you keep yourself from instantly taking 30 and dying you could use the Murlocs. With Mage I was at 1 health the whole game but beat him first try (after restarting for mulligans) with the Murloc strategy without taking a single point of damage, so you could just do the same with Hunter.

It's probably easier to just do Alleycat > Hyena and just buff it to victory, though. As long as it doesn't get Obliterated, or you give it the cannot be targeted adapt from Crackling Razormaw.

EDIT: Something funny to do as Paladin is to use Majordomo Executus. Once he dies and you become Ragnaros, he'll go to the Lich King's side of the board. So you Equality + Consecrate or Pyro + Equality to clear his board, turn the Lich King into Ragnaros, then use your Hero Power to deal 8 damage to his face and instantly kill him.

EDIT: Something funny to do as Paladin is to use Majordomo Executus. Once he dies and you become Ragnaros, he'll go to the Lich King's side of the board. So you Equality + Consecrate or Pyro + Equality to clear his board, turn the Lich King into Ragnaros, then use your Hero Power to deal 8 damage to his face and instantly kill him.

When I started watching Kibler's take on the fights he kept trying to make that work. Sadly, he couldn't get it to go and just went Murloc.

Archived