Astro Dude

So, winners of CYL were revealed:

Women

1st: Celica

2nd: Veronica

Men

1st: Hector

2nd: Ephraim

IDK you but I am freaking excited about both 2nd places!

Did the playerbase just forced IS to release Veronica as a character?!

Admittedly, Veronica wasn't among my priority votes, but after looking at the lead she had during the event, plus some promotional campaign in the reddit site, my appreciation towards her increased and dropped a vote on her.

On the other hand, Ephraim wasn't in my votes, but I know he was popular at least in the reddit site, and it's a cool character overall.

As for the 1st places, well, I barely know Celica, and Hector is already a top tier character so getting a Brave version of it... can't say I feel he deserves it when the original is already good.

So glad Camilla didn't make it to the top 2, although it was a close call since Veronica beat her by about 1000 votes.

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most of my votes went to Sacred stones characters. After seeing Veronica doing surprisingly well, I also decided to vote on her. So I'm quite pleased with the turnout.

The results page to which the game links shows 5 characters; the 4 winners and Marth. So I don't know what that is about, other than him finishing in fifth place.

Damn I wasn't expecting Veronica to jump up like that, proud of her. Definitely can't wait to pull for her (or if it's the same as the first CYL heroes, pick her for free), she's so cute.

The others maintaining their spots from the halfway point is not a big surprise, though. What's interesting is that Marth is standing next to the 4 winners on the results screen. If you combine his 2 different versions' votes he is actually ahead of Ephraim and takes second place, maybe IS will include him as well.

I didn't vote cause the site hates me but ayyy Ephraim.

Veronica is interesting too, since she gets to be a playable character now.

Uh, Brave Veronica, not normal Veronica. That will probably be later.

Anyway, I'm surprised. I mean I kinda wanted Veronica to be playable, but like this?

Also, Brave Celica may use a Sword, and I agree, Hector and Ephraim get more credit than they deserve despite how good they both are.

It's like Megatron from Transformers Fall of Cybertron said "Never improve upon perfection."

Done a summon off the Legendary banner with some of the 50 orbs, managed to get Summer Robin and Brave Lucina. Which now gives 4 5*s of the banner a +DEF/-ATK Sanaki, S!Robin, and B!Lucina, and a neutral Sanaki.

Lucky you. First try, got Roy, regular Roy, 4* roy but Roy nonetheless. Second try I got Brave Lyn, Nephenee and Sigurd. Now that I got all the focus heroes, I'll wait till the next banner. Don't want to be too greedy.

So... what Special should I give Roy, Luna, Astra, Glimmer, Ignis?

I decided to spend another ~90 orbs sniping reds on the Legendary banner since there were some heroes I was missing and I successfully pulled a +HP -Res Sanaki and +Spd -Atk Siegbert. Mission accomplished. The Sanaki nature is pretty eh since she's supposed to be a Res tank, but Siegbert is great since with Death Blow and his sword's Swift Sparrow he'll still be at 57 Atk when initiating which is plenty to make use of the 42 Spd. Plus him and Like could help make an interesting mixed team with the combined Atk and Def Tactics.

So... what Special should I give Roy, Luna, Astra, Glimmer, Ignis?

What's his build? Though I can already say Astra and Glimmer are probably not what you want.

I decided to spend another ~90 orbs sniping reds on the Legendary banner since there were some heroes I was missing and I successfully pulled a +HP -Res Sanaki and +Spd -Atk Siegbert. Mission accomplished. The Sanaki nature is pretty eh since she's supposed to be a Res tank, but Siegbert is great since with Death Blow and his sword's Swift Sparrow he'll still be at 57 Atk when initiating which is plenty to make use of the 42 Spd. Plus him and Like could help make an interesting mixed team with the combined Atk and Def Tactics.

What's his build? Though I can already say Astra and Glimmer are probably not what you want.

I'll just go for basic Roy.

I'm currently getting my phone upgraded so I won't know for sure. One thing I do know, he should have Vantage.

Edit: Okay, got my new phone, all my mobile phone's game data is restored, still have my 32 orbs, all my units, and I'll give Roy Ignis.

Decided to summon some more on the "Sacred memories" banner. It took quite a few orbs to summon another 5 star unit, but I got two in the same round. Unfortunatly neither of them was a focus unit.

"Sorcerous Prince: Leo" (+atk, -speed) had a better nature than the one I already had, so I merged my old one into him… although he is a tad obsolete with "Anamnesis Lady: Eirika" around. Maybe his tome will get a great upgrade someday.

The other unit was "Warrior Princess: Hinoka" (+res, -hp). Didn't have her yet. She however faces stiff competition from "Knight Paragon: Cordelia". Maybe her new weapon, that is scheduled to be release with the new update, will give her a niche of her own.

Leo is one of my favourite royal siblings from Fire Emblem fates, and I already invested in the other one. Thanks to the sacred seal it is easier to give "Quick riposte" to most characters… though only one at a time. Furthermore, "Perfect Expert: Subaki" can be used to give others that skill (albeit at a hefty feather cost if you want level 3).

And I agree that Cordelia is better than Hinoka, for now at least; her personal weapon might be awsome (though I have some doubts). She can however serve as a backup flying lance user for modes like arena assault.

Tana's legendary weapon isn't as great as it used to be, given you could refine a "Silver lance+" for defense, and have basically the same weapon that is active on either turn but also works against bows and daggers. You'd only miss out on the legendary status (and 3 def during your opponent's turn). 

Tana isn't really competing for a spot on my team, given I don't have her (yet). Cordelia (+atk, -res) is currenlty my best blue flying unit, with Valter and Hinoka fighting for the second place.

After finally figuring out how to take screenshots on my phone, I've decided to show you guys my defensive team for Arena and the main team I use for most battles.

[spoiler=My Main Team]IVs9VHQ.png?1

rLKmk96.png?2

pB3nEU1.png?1

gyl2Atd.png?1

If you are wondering, Ayra and Sakura do not share an ally support. Those C supports are with different units that I have.

--------

As for the new banners, I've been having the worst luck. I wasted all 50 of the free orbs on the legendary banner and the only 5 star I got was Sanaki, which I didn't have before so at least that's an upside.

I am well aware that people like Wrys; he placed 57th during the "choose your legends" poll. And I have seen various posts of people hoping for summer Wrys… I think they are joking, but if he were to be released, I expect him to wear a Hawaii shirt or something like that.

The acknowledgement from Intelligent System surprises me somewhat, but on the other hand, they did release various units with peculiar outfits and had Azura make a statement about effectively using a pine branch as weapon, among other things.

The fact that IS put "Brigand Boss" from Echoes in the 2nd CYL voting (who got 1214 votes btw) shows they obviously know what they're doing when it comes to memes.

And I don't know about you guys, but Gunnthra's freaking awesome. I've been putting her on all my teams because her debuffing is just so useful.

Archived