Fire Emblem Heroes

Astro Dude

I DID THE SAME THING

tho I chose Alphonse cause of the spoon and lop bunny ears.

Also last I saw he was actually barely ahead.

Edit: Just checked and holy cow that shifted.

Yeah, the multipliers can only get him so far. I noticed that shortly after he gets near Kagero, the latter recovers her lead of about +30% anyway xD

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Also on team Alfonse, somewhat because of the latest episode of the Feh manga(?). He isn't doing too well against Kagero, but it can at least help with your personal score. And with a bit of luck he can pull through with a good multiplier on the final hour.

My "Restoration Lord: Ephraim" (+def, -hp) is helping others. I suppose he does his job reasonably well, as I got few friend requests from others who probably want to borrow him again. Those people however don't provide all that great off a lead. What are you guys leading with?

On another note, a new Feh channel got announced (2018-04-10. Her note with it says that "A lot of units will make an appearance"; I'm somewhat hoping this means that a few less popular units will get added to the 3/4 star pool. I at the very least expect some more information on Nanna Leif and Fin.

I send my +Atk/-Spd Nephenee with Threaten Speed, although reviewing her again I realized she can still be improved a bit with Bonfire over Moonbow, and a different seal. Or IDK, a review says Moonbow is just as effective.

She has summoner support too but IDK if those are carried over other games.

Bonfire is available on "High deliverer: Robin" and "Naga's Voice: Tiki", who are both summonable at 3/4 stars; so you won't lose any rare units by giving it to her. If it doesn't work out, you can always revert to the skills she had. As she has 34 def (38 with a refinement for def), you should deal about 17 additional damage each time her special triggers. With the acceleration provided by her Slaying lance, she should easily be able to get her special of. Moonbow might trigger even more often, but tends to deal less damage. So the choice depends on whether you'd rather deal more damage per trigger, or trigger it often.

I believe summoner support doesn't work for other players. But someone borrowing her can use the same seal on another unit, which could be useful. I think that "Close def" could be a useful seal for her, but a lot of other units might also want it. Due to "Wrath" only dealing additional damage when her hp is below 75% of her max, you'd want to take some damage first, either by the effect of  "Fury" or an enemy attacking her. As both involve her being in combat first, starting with her special charged ("Slaying lance+" + "Moonbow" + "Quickened pulse") can be somewhat of a waste. It could work nicely with Bonfire however; if the enemy deals enough damage to get her in wrath range, she can instantly counter with almost 30 damage.

Bonfire is available on "High deliverer: Robin" and "Naga's Voice: Tiki", who are both summonable at 3/4 stars; so you won't lose any rare units by giving it to her. If it doesn't work out, you can always revert to the skills she had. As she has 34 def (38 with a refinement for def), you should deal about 17 additional damage each time her special triggers. With the acceleration provided by her Slaying lance, she should easily be able to get her special of. Moonbow might trigger even more often, but tends to deal less damage. So the choice depends on whether you'd rather deal more damage per trigger, or trigger it often.

I believe summoner support doesn't work for other players. But someone borrowing her can use the same seal on another unit, which could be useful. I think that "Close def" could be a useful seal for her, but a lot of other units might also want it. Due to "Wrath" only dealing additional damage when her hp is below 75% of her max, you'd want to take some damage first, either by the effect of  "Fury" or an enemy attacking her. As both involve her being in combat first, starting with her special charged ("Slaying lance+" + "Moonbow" + "Quickened pulse") can be somewhat of a waste. It could work nicely with Bonfire however; if the enemy deals enough damage to get her in wrath range, she can instantly counter with almost 30 damage.

Yeah, I do have spare Robin and Tiki as Bonfire reserves, but I don't want to spend the good ones so I would have to rank up a 3 into 4. A bit lazy for that xD Anyway, will stick with Moonbow for a while.

How can one take the Seal from a borrowed unit? I looked around but couldn't find any more information about this.

My Nephenee has Fury and Wrath indeed. I went for Quick Riposte since it's one of my few Level3 seals plus I read about this synergy with Wrath where >with 70% HP she has Riposte buff and <70% she gets Wrath boost, and luckily enough she will benefit from both by falling to 70~75% HP.

How can one take the Seal from a borrowed unit? I looked around but couldn't find any more information about this.

Misconception, probably due to a poor choice of words on my part, or providing known information which might sound new. Borrowed units come with their own copy of a seal; deploying that unit doesn't take up yours (would be really annoying otherwise). This way you could deploy up to 8 units at once with the same seal… though I don't quite see why you'd want that as a somewhat mixed team will probably perform better.

My Nephenee has Fury and Wrath indeed. I went for Quick Riposte since it's one of my few Level3 seals plus I read about this synergy with Wrath where >with 70% HP she has Riposte buff and <70% she gets Wrath boost, and luckily enough she will benefit from both by falling to 70~75% HP.

Considring your Nephenee is -speed, quick riposte is indeed a nice seal for her. Though I'm not sure whether "Fury" is a great combination with it; you either aren't in the range of one of them, or fury kicks you out of that of "Quick riposte" after combat. On the other hand, she probably won't be involved in all that much combat.

And it seems that Alfonse has lost. It hardly comes as a shock, but it is still sad. I'm now on team Lucina, as managed to summon her last year.

Misconception, probably due to a poor choice of words on my part, or providing known information which might sound new. Borrowed units come with their own copy of a seal; deploying that unit doesn't take up yours (would be really annoying otherwise). This way you could deploy up to 8 units at once with the same seal… though I don't quite see why you'd want that as a somewhat mixed team will probably perform better.

Considring your Nephenee is -speed, quick riposte is indeed a nice seal for her. Though I'm not sure whether "Fury" is a great combination with it; you either aren't in the range of one of them, or fury kicks you out of that of "Quick riposte" after combat. On the other hand, she probably won't be involved in all that much combat.

And it seems that Alfonse has lost. It hardly comes as a shock, but it is still sad. I'm now on team Lucina, as managed to summon her last year.

Ah, I see. It was the former reason since I already knew that. Got excited for a moment xD

Yeah... I was hoping Alfonse would do like Chrom and make a comeback with the last multipliers, oh well. I went for Spring Lucina as well.

Yeah... I was hoping Alfonse would do like Chrom and make a comeback with the last multipliers, oh well. I went for Spring Lucina as well.

I like how we have been on the same team for this entire time.

I like how we have been on the same team for this entire time.

There is the point that I started at team Alfonse, where I believe you started at team Sharena, but still that is quite some time. Not that it matters all that much, as we don't have eachother registered (yet).

Kagero and Lucina seem to be more evenly matched than Alfonse and Kagero were.

Also don't forget to get your arena assault over with before the deadline (even if just one battle); if you are in the middle of the chain when it ends, you go with the highscore you had at the start of the chain. I know from experience.

Lucina lost, RIP.

Here's the FEH Channel if you didn't see it, starts at 35 minutes in:

Also the Thracia banner (Finn is gonna be a TT reward):

Oh my god new Reinhardt is so cool, also I love the upcoming changes from 4*-5* into 3*-4*, the game's needed this for awhile. Though it's unfortunate that no 5* exclusives got touched, at least units that were pullable at 4* can no longer also be pity breakers.

The green pool is pretty insane once this hits, the only 5* will be M!Grima, Myrrh, Rhajat, Deirdre, Julia, Sonya, Dorcas, BIke, Minerva, Amelia, and Hector. Also the onlly units that will still be 4*-5* will be Soleil, M!Morgan, Tailtiu, L’Arachel, and Sothe.

On the flip side, I already was having trouble pulling Fury, I don't know how I'm gonna pull it now. And we really didn't get good  skills for Red either. I mean the only thing really is Triangle Adept, but that's fallen out of flavor. I guess Cain has Wings of Mercy but that's only really for Dancers, and Chrom has Aether, but you have to burn 20k feathers for it.

And so, fanservice wins again. And Spring Lucina was soo close to winning. It kind of baffles me how much fanservice can push a character. I sometimes thought I didn't like fanservice characters because I didn't like going with the mainstream, but I definitely not see the appeal on big "plotted" characters like this Spring Kagero, or Camilla, so I'm certain it's about my personal tastes.

As for the Thracia banner, I found some stuff intriguing, starting with the S Drink skill. It practically full heals, but on Turn 1 so... I see little point when you have not taken damage yet. Unless... it's designed for Arena. I'm assuming when facing an unit with the skill, if you didn't manage to finish it on your starting turn, it will recover in the opponent's Turn 1.

I like the Restore+ skill. a Dispell + blanket vs. status. But it is really needed, or better than Harsh Command? IDK. Also, other than that, Nanna doesn't seem to have anything else impressive to offer, namely another new skill.

Olwen... they just gave her hew own Bladetome, right? Seems bland to me. She doesn't bring any new skill either.

And I really suspect they made this Reinhardt as an answer to his "magic is everything" memes. Like Olwen, it has no new skills and its weapon it's pretty much a Brave Sword. Nothing too exciting.

The changes on Tempest Trials are welcomed by me.

Unit demotions are nice and all, but I would have preferred to see skill demotions. For instance, some of the Blow skills, as well as sought after ones like Quick Riposte.

Seems they heard the fan's pleas of bringing Camus back xD

I will need either more Barracks slots, or clean up more thoroughly to make space for the units I have missing.

Also, 0 stamina for Hero Battles? Neat, but now I'm wondering if they are not making it a bit too convenient :v

Woah, Conquest Mode, huh? So this is IS's way of battling player character without dealing with the issues of real-time battling, like either player going AFK for example. Also I'm guessing it's the result from the survey they did some month ago where they asked what kind of game mode we would like to have. Dunno if it's a novel concept, but I find it clever anyway. Then again, it's like Arena battles.

Also, I was wondering why the Rival battles had no stamina costs. Seems it was to warm players up into the mechanics for this mode xD

I most likely will avoid the Infernal difficulty because whales players can get hardcore with +10 Rank5 units and whatnot, and I'm not anywhere near that.

Multi-colored bows, that could be interesting. I wonder whether they will behave the same as breath when it comes to inheritance, or tomes. Unless they will move some existing archers to any of the new colors, the options for each color archer will be limited; similar to only having 1 colorless dragon as of now.

Leif's B-skill seems to be made for modes like the tempest trials and chain challenge. Other than that, the healing effect is pretty much pointless. Getting "quickened pulse" alongside it is nice though. equipping him with said seal and a "Slaying edge" lets him trigger 3-charge specials (like bonfire, luna and iceberg) on his first strike. Could be fun.

The new weapon refinement for Roy looks quite amazing; getting "Quick riposte" and "Bracing(?) stance" built-in, alongside weapon effectiveness against dragons. Sadly he is just another sword user; when will we get our first blue unit that is effective against  dragons?

Grand hero battles and bound hero battles costing no stamina will be amazing for people that try to perform true solos, as they can now try out a lot of different strategies. It is also nice for people who just want to get the unit / orbs, but most likely to a lesser extend.

Also did a few summons on the new bound hero banner. It would speed up my Nowi and Tiki merge projects, and "Fell reincarnation: Robin" is simply an amazing unit. Got the last one (+res, -hp)... but I'm in doubt what to do with him. I could use him to give Hardin / Zelgius / Black knight / etc. "Vengeful fighter", or merge him with the one I already had (neutral). I tend to use him and "Festive tactician: Robin" the most on my armored team for arena, so merges could be useful on him.

The heeeeck!

Didn't know the Nowi-Tiki banner was already up until I read the above post. I give it a shot and my free Summon is... Fallen Robin! hell yesh!. Stats are +Res/-Def, though. So much for the good roll. At least it has mixed bulk.

Easy to miss, as you can still continue to play the game without updating, but the new update is already available (for android users at least). And the data miners have already uncovered some information about upcoming stuff. You can also already refine your weapons if you so desire.

"Nameless blade" is a sword version of the "Hauteclere" in that it gets special cooldown reduction, and deals additional damage on trigger of the special. Forblaze gets "Chill res" by default, and refinement adds "deathblow 3", so she could be a nice teammate for Reinhardt.

Saias seems to be a blue version of Arvis, in that his preference tome has 2 ploys built-in. Or a free Lute of sorts if you will. Finn is a lance cavalry unit, but I believe he doesn't come with a special lance as far as I can see.

[spoiler=Stats]

lv_1__40_world_of_thracia.jpg

On another news, just got a 2nd Spring Sharena, yaaaay!

This one is +Atk/-Spd, I can work with that at least. Plus I have the merge option from the +HP/-Spd one, or I can use it to give its currently exclusive Swift Stance to another unit, if that's ever worth it.

Btw, Lilina's Forblaze refine gives Death Blow 3, so she can stack it with the Death Blow 3 skill and combined with Forblaze's natural Chill Res, she can absolutely nuke stuff.

The new Reinhardt looks quite good, no big surprise. Finn isn't bad either, and he'll be free.

Also, new manga chapter:

awEtn1O1KdXNXp65VHkOO_L86uLJHugDSmBorv2k

Reinhardt definitely stands out, great weapon with great stats especially for a horse unit. But H-Jacob is arguably the best unit in the game, and he's expected to be on the next Legendary banner, so the choice to save or try to pull for Reinhardt will be difficult. 

Reinhardt was very obscure before Heroes but from what I understand he was legit that powerful as a boss (the wiki states he's the hardest in the game in a 1v1). He had the crazy doubling sword and tome, and Vantage always lets you go first in some of the base Fire Emblem games such as Thracia. So at least they're faithful to the source material.

Archived