Temple of Myth [Signups/OoC/Started]

A little note I'd like to make about the IC so far (seeing as it's just the opening post). You may want to make a little OoC spoiler intending what you want the rest of us to do at this point, cause rn it seems like an unfinished post. At least, to me it does. 

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Repping IC posts is perfectly fine.

Also, I like leaving opening posts rather open-ended, so that people are free to introduce their characters in the framework. Thus far, everyone should be in one of the two Academies, shrugging off a speech about why everyone must be vigilant and prepared to fight . . . basically, you're either pumped by it, sarcastically commenting on the frequency of these speeches, or worn thin a bit by the expectations placed on your back.

Which person should I speak in? (1st or 3rd person) and which tense? (past, present)

How should I talk to the npcs of the world? Do I start a conversation with one of them and wait for you to respond with what they say? That sounds rather slow to me though. Told you I was new to this.

Which person should I speak in? (1st or 3rd person) and which tense? (past, present)

How should I talk to the npcs of the world? Do I start a conversation with one of them and wait for you to respond with what they say? That sounds rather slow to me though. Told you I was new to this.

My experience is that 3rd person present-tense is preferred.

NPCs you can just make up what they say, unless they're an important one. Probably. 

My experience is that 3rd person present-tense is preferred.

NPCs you can just make up what they say, unless they're an important one. Probably. 

The OP is in past tense soooo..

Yeah I'll wait for Draco's ruling on this one.

I think the yellow-@ss text could be toned down a bit. Same with the light blue. Other than that, I think it looks good. 

Oops, sorry! I use the 2edgy theme and I forgot that others don't! I'll change them to something that suits both themes.

Update: How about now?

Notes so I don't forget:

• I used #009999 for Angharad
  • #0066cc for Gwenllyan

And I suppose I set a precedent for everybody (sorry!) by using

• #ff9900 for The Professor

You did rather well for your first post, Speednoid. Hell, I'm not going to name names, but there are some people who've been at this a while who don't do this as well. Bravá.

Since you asked.

Anyway, I didn't have much of a problem, but I could see why someone else would.

Thank you!!

""Indeed. So, the mages will release their Seals over these enemies to give you a chance to practice them. Now, I ask for two dozen volunteers- who thinks they have the sheer force of will to Seal a Trifle?"

I think you forgot to end this with the double speech marks

I noticed that Aez used a sort of "direct speech" for the thoughts of his character, whereas both Jellis and VCR used indirect speech for their character's thoughts. I, following only the example that Aez had set, tried to use the direct speech method of conveying thoughts more and actively tried to avoid indirect thinking.

Basically, which is preferred? I don't want to make any mistakes. :/

RP is acting. Acting is an art. There are no hard qnd fast rules for art, imo. Do whatever you feel fits the best. Overtime, you will find and become comfortable in your own style.

I agree entirely. I just read something, thought it was worded well, and used it. It really is just how I write.

Archived