Firewall Dragon

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When links as a mechanic are build to combo to work? Dandy is an easy way to generate bodies.

On a different topic, didn't you once hype the funk out of scapeghost in that one Shiranui deck you made? What happened?

If you can easily proc it. Which you currently cannot. Even then, NS reliance, eew.

I never hyped it as a token generator, I hyped it as a vanilla level 1 zombie tuner

[...] Even then, NS reliance, eew.[...]

True, I feel the same about Performapal Skullcrobat Jo ... (difficult to stay serious). Come on, at least say it is not worth a Normal Summon, do not just state any Normal Summon reliant effect to be crap, that is like saying Cyverse Gadget's first effect would be terrible due to it.

True, I feel the same about Performapal Skullcrobat Jo ... (difficult to stay serious). Come on, at least say it is not worth a Normal Summon, do not just state any Normal Summon reliant effect to be crap, that is like saying Cyverse Gadget's first effect would be terrible due to it.

uh wut

NS reliance for "muh 3 bodies" isn't very impressive, especially when they have levels, bodies, and typings that aren't absolutely astounding.

The context was clearly in regards to a dandylion. Trying to spin it as saying any NS is bad is petty at best and stupid at worst.

Of course there are good things to NS, but Dandy isn't.

If I wanted Dandy memes, I'd use Reborn Tengu, unless they specially needed Cyverses (Link Spooder).

Well right now Cyverse Gadget + a way to mill Bittron + Slayer/Bittron + Soul Charge leads into double Honeybot + Firewall Dragon, all in the center below one's ED zone, cute at best however still an interesting play. Edit: I messed up, Gadget reviving Bitron + Soul Charge (paying 3k) suffices for the same field.

...Soul Charge... Edit: I messed up ... Soul Charge suffices for the same field.

Soul Charge suffices for the same field.

Soul Charge suffices

LmjdBel.png

The context was clearly in regards to a dandylion. Trying to spin it as saying any NS is bad is petty at best and stupid at worst.

Did I sound serious at all ? All I suggested was you should be clearer with your statements. It is neither petty nor stupid if I am about half serious.

Oh yea and @ The True Sp33dn0id: I clearly stated that the word suffice is directed at the fact the initial combo I mentioned involves 1 additional card for the exact same result, in no way did I suggest the combo itself would be surprisingly consistent nor that adding Soul Charge would not turn it into an obvious combo.

Did I sound serious at all ? All I suggested was you should be clearer with your statements. It is neither petty nor stupid if I am about half serious.

I don't need to be any more clear wen it's plain as can be, especially given the need for ease of summoning that I had mentioned earlier.

Oh yea and @ The True Sp33dn0id: I clearly stated that the word suffice is directed at the fact the initial combo I mentioned involves 1 additional card for the exact same result, in no way did I suggest the combo itself would be surprisingly consistent nor that adding Soul Charge would not turn it into an obvious combo.

Did I sound serious at all ? All I suggested was you should be not mention Soul Charge when talking about combos. It is neither petty nor stupid if I am about half serious.

Did I sound serious at all ? All I suggested was you should be not mention Soul Charge when talking about combos. It is neither petty nor stupid if I am about half serious.

Umm that was the above part directed at Black, in fact it was not even me who used these words to begin with, for him being unnecessarily serious.

I never suggested you would even be serious, your statement did not suggest you being serious at all.

comparison to kirin doesn't really hold since you can use this card to add back monsters from your own graveyard

really neat for T1 combos or mid laddering

Kirin lets you add Pendulum monsters you control back to the hand, which while not as potent, is analogous.

Dandylion won't be good for links without something like meliae.

Doesn't take away from this being awesome, though. And you know what would actually be pretty good for this? Galaxy Tomahawk. Once there is a generic link 2, tomahawk can summon it and this by itself, leaving you with what I would consider a pretty damn good board, considering the investment.

Dandylion won't be good for links without something like meliae.

Doesn't take away from this being awesome, though. And you know what would actually be pretty good for this? Galaxy Tomahawk. Once there is a generic link 2, tomahawk can summon it and this by itself, leaving you with what I would consider a pretty damn good board, considering the investment.

Mathman

Mathman

That is still a play reliant on a main deck card, and a main deck card that requires the turn's normal summon at that.

Granted, meliae isn't terribly easy to summon either (especially now that goyo defender is useless) but she is still the best way to trigger dandylion, bar a lavalval chain unban.

Just because tokens can be used doesn't make them amazing. Jumping through hoops to make tokens will often be just as if not more difficult than just using actual monsters.

I still don't buy that the game is so fast that you cannot set Scapegoat and use it when the time is right

Well, you can, but just because they can be used for link summons doesn't make those goats suddenly amazing.

Like, it might see some play, I'm no expert. None of us are, really. But it isn't some insane tech that highlights some massive flaw in the designs of links, as was the initial remark that made everyone seem to forget this is a thread about Firewall Dragon.

Speaking of the card itself, looking through the VJUMP stuff I noticed Proxy dragon, an upcoming link 2. Based on appearance alone, it seems related to Firewall, kinda like debris dragon to stardust.

its really no different from using math to send dandy as you have to have the means to dump it and use meliaes revival effect on dandy to really ladder

so I don't think the card's playability is contingent on meliae; thats likely rescue ferret's niche

Crane doesn't get either of those.

It revives them. And it's stats are garbage.

Other things have bad stats, like TGU, but they don't require setup.

Rescue Ferret 

This is retarded

3 Quick-Play Bounces, A nat Beast you cannot target, and Honeybot

Kneejerk on my part, Kaiji is right, it only can be used once, and you already use two of the dragons. So only one bounce

its really no different from using math to send dandy as you have to have the means to dump it and use meliaes revival effect on dandy to really ladder

so I don't think the card's playability is contingent on meliae; thats likely rescue ferret's niche

Yeah credit to you for getting that right

And for this

SWbLxuM.png

Another unkneejerk

you use a ton of your extra for this

1 Invoker, Gem-Knight, Radiant, Decode, Plant Lady, Gaia, Firewall, Spider, Firewall, Gaia, Spider, Spider, Honeybot, Natbeast

14/15 cards gone 

This is kind of a random observation, but this is (practically speaking) the first main character signature card to have multiple effects. Dark Magician and Neos were vanillas, Stardust just negates destruction, Utopia just negates attacks, and Yuya never sets Odd-Eyes as a scale so it effectively only has the doubling battle damage in the anime. But Firewall straight up does two different things. IDK if that's important at all, but it's kind of interesting.

As for the card itself, the effect is really kinda meh, right? Like it being totally generic and giving a lot of links is good (although the top link hurts a bit), but that second effect seems mediocre at best, and the first is OK but not phenomenal. It'll probably be a good card at least until we get more generic Links, but it by itself isn't great.

Archived