[spoiler=]

DDDDestinyKingZeroLaplace-YA03-JP-OP.png

D/D/D Destiny King Zero Laplace
Level 10 DARK Fiend-Type Pendulum Effect Monster
ATK ?
DEF 0
Pendulum Scale: 1
Pendulum Effect:
You can only use the Pendulum Effect of this card’s name once per turn.
(1): During your Main Phase: You can add 1 face-up “D/D/D” monster in your Extra Deck to your hand, except “D/D/D Destiny King Zero Laplace”
Monster Effect:
(1) You can Special Summon this card (from your hand) by Tributing 1 “D/D/D” monster you control.
(2) If this card battles an opponent’s monster, during damage calculation: Until the end of the Damage Step, this card’s ATK is equal to double the original ATK of the opponent’s monster.
(3) If this card attacks a Defense Position monster, inflict piercing battle damage to your opponent.
(4) Once per turn, this card cannot be destroyed by battle. Any battle damage you take becomes 0.

https://ygorganization.com/lifttheembargolifttheembargolifttheembargolifttheembargoliftth/

Oh wow, this is pretty nice, Scale 1 without any restrictions is wonderful and the ability to return monsters to the hand is going to be important since the new rules are in place too. The fact that it pretty much can't be defeat by battle most of the time is wonderful too, and it has protection should it fail, and they threw in piercing because funk it right?

Can't believe we're getting a Yugioh card named after a Pokémon

It's also lit because it just hits over everything which the deck doesn't mind, not to mention it's easy to summon.

Please tell me you refered to Destiny, King or Zero. Jokes aside I agree on D/D/D actually enjoying this card ... if not to extend plays by tributing ED monsters and triggering the revivers to get them into main monster zones.

Can't believe we're getting a Yugioh card named after a Pokémon See below quote.

It's also lit because it just hits over everything which the deck doesn't mind, not to mention it's easy to summon.

No, this is based on Pierre-Simon Laplace and possibly Laplace's demon. Lapras' name did come from his, though, so.

And on the topic of it just "Beating over everything", that is not what it does. Superheavies are, for the most part, completely safe.

But yeah, this is actually really dank. ED recovery is nice, and the battle damage effects are very much welcome. Kind of a shame it only gains ATK based on opponents' ATK, but oh well. C'est la vie.

And on the topic of it just "Beating over everything", that is not what it does. Superheavies are, for the most part, completely safe.

But yeah, this is actually really dank. ED recovery is nice, and the battle damage effects are very much welcome. Kind of a shame it only gains ATK based on opponents' ATK, but oh well. C'est la vie.

D/D/Ds already win the Superheavy matchup easily though.

D/D/Ds already win the Superheavy matchup easily though.

Is actually a pretty awful matchup, but D/D/D still wins because it is just a better deck all around. Like a home fire extinguisher against a conflagration.

Also this card is sweet. Just ruins annoying wall monsters like ultimate falcon or whatever the kids play these days. Summoning condition is easy too.

Kepler->Hellgate->This

There are way better plays but this one is rad as hell.

Is actually a pretty awful matchup, but D/D/D still wins because it is just a better deck all around. Like a home fire extinguisher against a conflagration.

Also this card is sweet. Just ruins annoying wall monsters like ultimate falcon or whatever the kids play these days. Summoning condition is easy too.

Kepler->Hellgate->This

There are way better plays but this one is rad as hell.

Cute play, though it reads D/D/D, then again you can use it as combo extender or rather enabler.

Cute play, though it reads D/D/D, then again you can use it as combo extender or rather enabler.

Oh never mind this is just awful

well, it really isn't restricted to that summoning method, you know? we all know DDDs best with their crazy swarming methods, so I really can't say they would find summoning this card that difficult. asides, this is a great card for them to

have in this coming link format, as this isn't an extra deck card yet still acts like a boss anyway. so aside from that, I think this is a pretty neat card, kinda reminds me of the early days of DDD where they try to achieve crazy ATKs through armageddon. (^^ .)

well, it really isn't restricted to that summoning method, you know? we all know DDDs best with their crazy swarming methods, so I really can't say they would find summoning this card that difficult. asides, this is a great card for them to

have in this coming link format, as this isn't an extra deck card yet still acts like a boss anyway. so aside from that, I think this is a pretty neat card, kinda reminds me of the early days of DDD where they try to achieve crazy ATKs through armageddon. (^^ .)

Armageddon CEO was not their boss. CEO was a towers out. The original deck basically just consisted of Leonidas and Temujin building a critical mass of attackers.

And just because this resides in the main deck doesn't make it any better in link format. D/D/D are fine with links. And even then, they can't actually summon this easily. What is your plan? Tribute Summon? Discard to swamp king and summon with Temujin? That's just awful, considering all this does is be a really bad UTL.

-fine with links? how so, with the limited summoning area to cater the usual crystal wing + siegfried combo, to name a few? they would need a pretty good link monster to revive such nice lockdowns as these... and resources to summon that link monster, so to say.

-uh, of all the utilities DDDs have, you only choose that one only as an example, the swamp, which most players only run at one? i mean, ever heard of swirl slime and ragnarok?

-and, i never remembered mentioning armageddon as their boss. i only cited that one as a reference to the crazy ATK Laplace could dish out, in reference to the anime way back when it's the first Pendulum Monster Reiji played.

lel, totally abandoned all of his earlier arguments for a totally theoretical question. Sweet move right there, buddy. xD

-I'll not enlighten your inquiry with any answers, since as a foreign adage (roughly translated to English) goes, "If you don't want something, there's always a reason. If you want it, there's always a way." There's always two sides of the same coin, same as every cards out there, they hold their own advantage and disadvantages on the field, so no matter how I justify it with its good qualities, I'm pretty sure you'll just end up flaming me with its negative aspects for argument's sake. Remember, judging a fish by its ability to climb a tree will make it think it is stupid for the rest of its life.

-so, if you're still hellbent on being that "guy", then be my guest. The road is paved, go ahead and burn away!

lel, totally abandoned all of his earlier arguments for a totally theoretical question. Sweet move right there, buddy. xD

-I'll not enlighten your inquiry with any answers, since as a foreign adage (roughly translated to English) goes, "If you don't want something, there's always a reason. If you want it, there's always a way." There's always two sides of the same coin, same as every cards out there, they hold their own advantage and disadvantages on the field, so no matter how I justify it with its good qualities, I'm pretty sure you'll just end up flaming me with its negative aspects for argument's sake. Remember, judging a fish by its ability to climb a tree will make it think it is stupid for the rest of its life.

-so, if you're still hellbent on being that "guy", then be my guest. The road is paved, go ahead and burn away!

You know he's being completely logical? He's not abandoned his points, he's choosing a different method to help you see his point of view, because explaining explicitly why it's unnecessary wasn't working.

Personally, I like the card. However, they don't need it. It's a big battle dude but they have little trouble making 3000+ ATK monsters as it is, which is really all you need, and it has no effect protection which makes the investment of a D/D/D, many of which have supportive and aggressive effects, questionable.

It does nothing the deck can't already do well enough, and arguably, it does it worse because it can't defend itself outside of battle and doesn't support the rest of the deck.

Then it should be quoted the way you're doing it, not through bastardizing the card as a whole. I get your point, as well as his, but there's no call for being such a detrimental critic on such a card with unique potentials. After all not all players go to big tournaments, some just like to hang around the pubs and like to see the game in its untethered form, where all strategies are legit, as long as it works, disregarding the current meta. For all I know, there must some random guy laughing their evil hearts right now, thinking how they could utilize this card for an OTK. xD

*a little side note though, it does support the deck, in a way. :P

(4) Once per turn, this card cannot be

destroyed by battle. "Any battle damage

you take becomes 0."

-it doesn't limit to the card itself, meaning you can be safe from battle damage unless they defeat this one first.

--So yeah, maybe make the other player invest some cards to get rid of this guy first. and also, this card could also threaten most of the bosses out there due to its sheer damage output which cards like kali yuga can never hope to reach, like blue eyes chaos max dragon, to name a few. in my opinion, for a fairly easy card to summon to make an opponent feel threatened forcing them to oust it paves the way for better ones to come out safer.

---i know this won't reach competitive levels, but who cares? live and let live! let this guy be rampant in ygopro or some locals, for all I care!

**to be fair though, i also made him see my point of view after mentioning a counter-argument on his previous statement, and after realizing that he may be wrong at some point, decided to do a complete 180 while bringing a new attitude, leaving my explanations somehow entirely hanging and useless. so yeah, I think you got my point already. /(^^ .)

Then it should be quoted the way you're doing it, not through bastardizing the card as a whole. I get your point, as well as his, but there's no call for being such a detrimental critic on such a card with unique potentials. After all not all players go to big tournaments, some just like to hang around the pubs and like to see the game in its untethered form, where all strategies are legit, as long as it works, disregarding the current meta. For all I know, there must some random guy laughing their evil hearts right now, thinking how they could utilize this card for an OTK. xD

*a little side note though, it does support the deck, in a way. :P

(4) Once per turn, this card cannot be

destroyed by battle. "Any battle damage

you take becomes 0."

-it doesn't limit to the card itself, meaning you can be safe from battle damage unless they defeat this one first.

--So yeah, maybe make the other player invest some cards to get rid of this guy first. and also, this card could also threaten most of the bosses out there due to its sheer damage output which cards like kali yuga can never hope to reach, like blue eyes chaos max dragon, to name a few. in my opinion, for a fairly easy card to summon to make an opponent feel threatened forcing them to oust it paves the way for better ones to come out safer.

---i know this won't reach competitive levels, but who cares? live and let live! let this guy be rampant in ygopro or some locals, for all I care!

**to be fair though, i also made him see my point of view after mentioning a counter-argument on his previous statement, and after realizing that he may be wrong at some point, decided to do a complete 180 while bringing a new attitude, leaving my explanations somehow entirely hanging and useless. so yeah, I think you got my point already. /(^^ .)

Your point is essentially "you can't say its bad because someone will use it." That isn't a valid argument. It's either a viable card or it isn't. It isn't a bad card, but it does't warrant a space in D/D/Ds. They don't need it to do anything they couldn't already do, with smaller investments.

Preventing battle damage is irrelevant when you're gaining 2-4000 life points each standby. You don't need to hit over big boss monsters when A: Your other D/D/Ds that you'd be tributing to summon this already can, or B: You have effects that can kill them, also on D/D/Ds that you'd be tributing for this.

What are you talking about you made him see your point of view? You didn't at all, and he didn't do a 180 or abandon his arguments; as I said, he selected a new method of explaining why you're not looking at this objectively, by posing an objective question. I think perhaps you should look at the debates workshop in my signature, so you know how to have a legitimate discussion, because making fun of your opponent for arguing, as opposed to responding to their points, answering their questions, or producing real counterarguments that haven't already been addressed, doesn't win you anything.

Archived