That thing Birdie said she would do, then zai said he would do but never touched up on

Alright, no offense to the mods I think you guys are lovely people, but how important is it who is one and who is not one. I'm just saying really the only reason they're around is to make sure the site doesn't burn down and keep things civil. Quite frankly the fact that they're going through all this trouble is more than they need to be doing, and we should be thankful that they are doing this much. They are under no obligation to be doing this and let's be perfectly honest it's not like the mods here are funking tyrants. There are real people with real lives and it's not like they have hours to waste doing stupid sheet on a children's card game forum. No offense to anybody in this thread, but honestly our mods are doing fine, and I really think we might be blowing this issue a bit too much out of proportion. Like for the most part when we bring up problems we have with the mod team they do their best to fix them, and they listen, so can y'all maybe chill.

Not sure anyone is heated here?

We merely stated that some mods are doing their job and more, and other are not

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not sure anyone is heated here?

We merely stated that some mods are doing their job and more, and other are not

That's true but the amount of times this topic has been brought up in the last month are starting to make it seem like a personal vendetta against Zai, and that's just all the times I've noticed it. Like I don't remember ANY issue with the mods that have gotten this many topics and statuses about it. Like it feels like every time I log on there's a new issue about the mod promotions, and honestly, it all feels like you guys are just being salty. And while nobody's been heated, some of the comments here do feel a little passive-aggressive.

That's true but the amount of times this topic has been brought up in the last month are starting to make it seem like a personal vendetta against Zai, and that's just all the times I've noticed it. Like I don't remember ANY issue with the mods that have gotten this many topics and statuses about it. Like it feels like every time I log on there's a new issue about the mod promotions, and honestly, it all feels like you guys are just being salty. And while nobody's been heated, some of the comments here do feel a little passive-aggressive.

The difference is largely that when concerns have been expressed against moderators in the past, visible changes were made to accommodate them.

In this case, however, basically every time someone has brought up concerns with Zai's performance (or lack of performance thereof) they have basically just been told "no you are wrong stop being salty" may that be by Zai, the rest of the team, or other members. That is why it has been brought up multiple times.

This time it seems like something might actually become of it, so hopefully there won't be cause for a next one.

I want Zai to succeed in this job as much as everyone. People might not believe me when I say it, but that doesn't make it any less true, nor does it invalidate my crititicisms.

Alright, no offense to the mods I think you guys are lovely people, but how important is it who is one and who is not one. I'm just saying really the only reason they're around is to make sure the site doesn't burn down and keep things civil. Quite frankly the fact that they're going through all this trouble is more than they need to be doing, and we should be thankful that they are doing this much. They are under no obligation to be doing this and let's be perfectly honest it's not like the mods here are funking tyrants. There are real people with real lives and it's not like they have hours to waste doing stupid sheet on a children's card game forum. No offense to anybody in this thread, but honestly our mods are doing fine, and I really think we might be blowing this issue a bit too much out of proportion. Like for the most part when we bring up problems we have with the mod team they do their best to fix them, and they listen, so can y'all maybe chill.

Apparently the only person who understands this isn't some kind of totalitarian regime and we get absolutely funking nothing from moderating a random forum no one gives a funk about.

This time it seems like something might actually become of it, so hopefully there won't be cause for a next one.

Lol good joke bruh.

I've been meaning to address this topic, expect a thread when my thoughts are organized. 

Alright, no offense to the mods I think you guys are lovely people, but how important is it who is one and who is not one. I'm just saying really the only reason they're around is to make sure the site doesn't burn down and keep things civil. Quite frankly the fact that they're going through all this trouble is more than they need to be doing, and we should be thankful that they are doing this much. They are under no obligation to be doing this and let's be perfectly honest it's not like the mods here are f***ing tyrants. There are real people with real lives and it's not like they have hours to waste doing stupid s*** on a children's card game forum. No offense to anybody in this thread, but honestly our mods are doing fine, and I really think we might be blowing this issue a bit too much out of proportion. Like for the most part when we bring up problems we have with the mod team they do their best to fix them, and they listen, so can y'all maybe chill.

I agree. Let's make me a mod, because how important is it who is one and who is not after all? I will simply be on an indefinite trial period, and so will be immune to criticism because while having the powers of a full mod, the responsibility of one will not yet be placed on me, and any concerns about my performance can be handwaved by virtue of my being a real person with a real life and you're lucky I even tolerate any of you.

Apparently the only person who understands this isn't some kind of totalitarian regime and we get absolutely funking nothing from moderating a random forum no one gives a funk about.

Hoped someone would have said something since this was posted as going to bed but.

Jeezus man that's a huge overstatement to what's being said. Basically it's "Some mods don't seem to be doing much can we address this." Like funk man you haven't been around much in a long time and this is what you choose to come to say?

Also for the record it's my opinion that if your actual thoughts are "a random forum no one gives a funk about" you have absolutely no reason to be a mod. Why should I respect your authority on a site "no one gives a funk about"?

Once I thought you were top tier mod but seriously if you're going to give me this crap just due to some criticism you're totally unfit.

I wanna double down on this because this thread is just a big joke, and Giga needs to chill out on this. I mean, frick, how much has been actually going on that they need to do a frickin' PRESS RELEASE THREAD all the time? A lot of this just feels like some political bullshit like throwing someone under the bus for some personal goal and it's like "Dude, just calm down, okay?"

Honestly, what, do they need to just do a thread where they make up sheet about stuff going on just so you people don't flip out over "MAH TRANSPARENCY"? If you're so desperate for information just, I don't know, talk to them? Socialize? Make friends? If you're so desperate for the mods to have better connections in the community you yourself could work to make those connections too, y'know. Mods could be a lot more connected if the community bothered to put that effort in as well.

If you think you need to know what goes behind the scenes in the mod forum, let me direct you to the userbar at your side.

Does your membergroup say 'Moderator' or 'Junior Moderator'?

No?

Then you don't need to know what's going on in the mod forum or behind the scenes.  Demanding transparency over the moderation of a children's card game forum is sad - especially because this forum is as well-moderated as it will ever get right now.  If you have complaints, sure, bring them forwards, but complaining over something as petty and small as 'transparency' on a website like this is laughable.  This is not politics.  This is the maintenance of a website.

I will also add that it is not in the duties of a moderator to be a part of the community, actively.  Moderators are not 'hired' for their popularity, they are hired for competency by other members of the moderation team.  Whether or not you agree with their decision does not matter.  Ever.

This thread is me working to make those connections happen.

The reason I want the threads to happen is because we were told they would, and two people were appointed for such, yet nothing has shown. It's not personal. I'm not trying to lead some crusade or lynch mob, I'm just doing what I can to make things better than they are.

No, there is no glaring issue going on that needs to be fixed, but "good enough" should never be good enough.

This thread is me working to make those connections happen.

The reason I want the threads to happen is because we were told they would, and two people were appointed for such, yet nothing has shown. It's not personal. I'm not trying to lead some crusade or lynch mob, I'm just doing what I can to make things better than they are.

No, there is no glaring issue going on that needs to be fixed, but "good enough" should never be good enough.

Yeah the fact that someone can be asking for something that was said was going to happen is being called bullshit and stupid is kind of a mess.

Also

Whenever anyone brings an issue up they're either told "It's not a problem stop complaining" or "We'll get to it" and it never gets done. I've posted several threads for even simple suggestions and it takes forever to even get a solid "Are we doing this or not" answer.

If you're so desperate for information just, I don't know, talk to them? Socialize? Make friends? If you're so desperate for the mods to have better connections in the community you yourself could work to make those connections too, y'know. Mods could be a lot more connected if the community bothered to put that effort in as well.

I do this. Several of the mods are (or were in cases some stepped down) my personal friends. If someone like me who actively made friends with mods and regularly message ones I don't know that well don't get proper answers or attention for issues I have how do we expect anyone to?

If you think you need to know what goes behind the scenes in the mod forum, let me direct you to the userbar at your side.

Does your membergroup say 'Moderator' or 'Junior Moderator'?

No?

Then you don't need to know what's going on in the mod forum or behind the scenes.  Demanding transparency over the moderation of a children's card game forum is sad - especially because this forum is as well-moderated as it will ever get right now.  If you have complaints, sure, bring them forwards, but complaining over something as petty and small as 'transparency' on a website like this is laughable.  This is not politics.  This is the maintenance of a website.

I will also add that it is not in the duties of a moderator to be a part of the community, actively.  Moderators are not 'hired' for their popularity, they are hired for competency by other members of the moderation team.  Whether or not you agree with their decision does not matter.  Ever.

Is that why Roxas and Striker were hired?

Anyway the problem is that Birdie proactively did her job. In public. A PR mod does their job in PUBLIC. Zai has not. And now he's gotten a promotion for...not doing his job?

We can get into the circumstances as to how Zai was chosen, but there's a whole another thread of that fun tale

Do not fix what is not broken.  

There's plenty broken. Starting with the way Zai was selected. People then said give him a trial run. This was done. He did less for PR than his fellow PR mod who did her job, and then resigned when she was gonna be inactive 

There's plenty broken. Starting with the way Zai was selected. People then said give him a trial run. This was done. He did less for PR than his fellow PR mod who did her job, and then resigned when she was gonna be inactive 

Except she resigned (so far as I know), leaving him as the only candidate.  Ergo, he is the only choice they think appropriate for the job.  If you do not like it, too bad.  You're going way too deep into something that ultimately does not matter.

Birdie resigned, and is therefore irrelevant to further discussion.  So she did a better job - but that doesn't matter anymore, now, does it?

Nobody is going to participate in a social contract where their satisfaction is meaningless and the words of the unit enforcing the contract mean nothing. The moderators are tools for the community's productivity and not weather deities who bless the desperate tribe with crops if they kiss their asses.

That's more at how utterly worthless, self-destructive and useless your point is, Zai is another issue.

Except she resigned (so far as I know), leaving him as the only candidate.  Ergo, he is the only choice they think appropriate for the job.  If you do not like it, too bad.  You're going way too deep into something that ultimately does not matter.

Birdie resigned, and is therefore irrelevant to further discussion.  So she did a better job - but that doesn't matter anymore, now, does it?

Uh, because they Birdie was selected by the community, and Zai mostly by the mod team. The VCRs and Cowcows of that time said lets give Zai a chance to show his commitment to the PRing. Ok. 

Birdie followed through. She did her job for as long as she could, and gracefully left when she could no longer commit. Zai did not.

The reward, a promotion?

The promotion was likely done for other reasons, namely Nai leaving and Zai needing to fill in his shoes in RP, because moderators often have to fill more than one role.  So what if he's not perfect for PR - that's likely not the entire reason he was put into his position.

Yes it was lol, I suggested not hiring Zai as a PR mod and instead put him as a RP mod. It was shot down.

You cannot hire him under the guise of being a PR mod, then when he didn't do the job, say he's the RP mod. 

Seems like the goal here is to preserve Zai at all costs and do vodoo magic to bamboozle people into thinking anything close to his job description was done

If you're confident that Zai would get the RP job, which I sorta am, then there should be no problem in holding a new discussion for the merits of that section. 

Yes it was lol, I suggested not hiring Zai as a PR mod and instead put him as a RP mod. It was shot down.

You cannot hire him under the guise of being a PR mod, then when he didn't do the job, say he's the RP mod. 

Seems like the goal here is to preserve Zai at all costs and do vodoo magic to bamboozle people into thinking anything close to his job description was done

If you're confident that Zai would get the RP job, which I sorta am, then there should be no problem in holding a new discussion for the merits of that section. 

What discussion for RP mod?  Last I read, that was a section you guys weren't too worried about.  That's not to say it doesn't need a mod.  But it's been "PR this" and "PR that".

And I don't wanna get confused.  So what are you asking us to do?  Fire Zai as PR mod and leave him as RP Mod?  I don't know how to respond accurately to this.

What discussion for RP mod?  Last I read, that was a section you guys weren't too worried about.  That's not to say it doesn't need a mod.  But it's been "PR this" and "PR that".

And I don't wanna get confused.  So what are you asking us to do?  Fire Zai as PR mod and leave him as RP Mod?  I don't know how to respond accurately to this.

Fire Zai as PR mod. Hire someone who actually does PR well, like Tormey

Hold a thread for RP mod, at which point if Zai is the most qualified for that job, he'll get it

My problem is this entire chain of events

Thread is made and mishandled

Birdie and Zai are chosen. Public is fairly upset about Zai. Compromise is the trail run as PR mod. Birdie takes an active role as PR mod until her personal life makes it untenable to do so. She resigns. Process of elimination, Zai is best for the role? WHAT?

He didn't do his job, and the only reason he's the last man standing is the mods pulled strings for him, certain users backstabbed the other candidates, and the person actually doing the PR mod job had a life issue and had to step down.

The criticism of Zai at the start, all came through for this Job in the end 

Just a reminder that Nai's announcement to step down was after Zai was appointed. The chaos after the appointment resulted in Aix leaving the team, and Nai announced his resignation (which only just recently was resolved) shortly thereafter.

Thought I would clear that up, since some people seem to be confused on the matter.

Fire Zai as PR mod. Hire someone who actually does PR well, like Tormey

Hold a thread for RP mod, at which point if Zai is the most qualified for that job, he'll get it

Before starting another thread, can I get some feedback from the rest of ya'll?

Are you looking for an RP mod to be selected?  This isn't something we've discussed as of yet, because we were moving Zai into Ain's old position.  But if it's inevitable, we need to know.

Archived