Hero Academia: Rise Above Max Omega! [My Hero Academia RP/Co-Hosted by Chaos Sonic and Yui/pg-13/IC/NA]

Mr. Hyde

s06t3UC.png

As he waited for Sayuri to respond, he heard multiple announcements from the teacher. "W-What?" Isami couldn't quite believe what he was hearing - almost everyone else had been eliminated. "Did we win?" He stated gleefully, bouncing a little bit, before realizing that only 3 teams had been eliminated. "Oh wait, we still have..." He felt Sayuri shift around on his shoulders, and saw as she waved her hands in front of his face. "Huh?" She pointed towards the remaining team, before giving him a thumbs up. "But what about the ce...Nevermind." He turned to face the team, and prepared himself for the worst. However...

"Oh no... I have fell." Before Isami could react, the duo they were facing had fallen. His teammate didn't seem happy with what had happened, or was confused. Isami was also confused. Still, they had won. "We did it? But we didn't really do much..." He shrugged, before bouncing on his tail. "We did it!" He cut his celebration short, however, as he made his way towards the fallen team. He offered his hand to help them get up. "You should be careful, the floor can get slippery." He smiled innocently at them.

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mike

""If we're going down, we're taking you with us!"" Aaron announced; their team dropping to the ground and Aaron running forward.

"H-huh?" Mike was a little confused, his body swaying backwards as he pushed himself to keep with the sudden lunge, wincing from the soreness.

""You won't get away this time! Derecho Strike!!""

Aaron went in for another kick at Creed and Ino, but it wasn't one that he was able to land. Aaron fell to his knees, and tired from a combination of using his quirk and the hit he took, Mike slumped off Aaron's back and onto the ground. Aaron said something after, but between his breathing and the exhaustion Mike either couldn't hear, or wasn't listening.

"Aaron and Mike are out! Nurse Neko is on her way!" Mr. Suna announced. At the word of Nurse, Mike's attention was grabbed and he began to sit up. The pain was beginning to subside; it was a hard hit, but he wasn't injured.

"No... it's all good, I'm fine..." Mike slowly got himself to his feet, and just as slowly walked to the edge of the gym where his bag was placed against the wall. He opened the bag, and for anyone that was paying close attention they would have noticed that a significant portion of the bag's contents, besides the clothing, was energy gel-packs. Mike took out two of them, one peanut-butter flavored and the other chocolate flavored, and leaned against the wall to watch the rest of the match, unpacking one after the other and sucking both back faster than possibly anyone's ever eaten them.

Of course, there wasn't much left to watch. Gin and Asuka were both out before Mike and Aaron, but the new kid had said something about accidentally falling over? It was a little obvious that the new kid's team had just given up, leaving Isami and the wolf-girl as the winners. Mike finished his gel packs, and could help but laugh, a few sharp pains in his chest as he did so, but nothing he couldn't manage. At the end of the day, it was just a game.

8tOKosA.jpg?1hNqzNzP.jpg?1

It all happened so fast that Ino was on top of Creed before she knew it.  They were off to the sidelines with Ino rubbing her head in disbelief.  

"Sheesh...I didn't get to do anything...I'm sorry Creed."  She looked back to the field where the others had left, and Team Mystery had forfeited...or at least that's what she thought was the case.  Isami and Sayuri had come out on top!  "WOW!  Good job Isami!"  She said, waving at the boy, jumping up and down excitedly.  "I guess being sneaky has it's perks huh!  Hehe~"

Suna looked among the student's with a surprised expression.  Out of all of the possible outcomes in this scenario...he never thought that Team Animal House was going to be the one's to come out on top...but their strategy was sound, and Suna could hardly penalize them for that.  Suna waved his hand in the air, and smiled.

"Isami and Sayuri have come out on top of the game...congratulations all around."  His vision then shifted towards the other teams, as his tone shifted to that of his original drab tone.  "Now it's time for my assessment, starting with Gin and Asuka.  You two were so focused on winning, so presumptuous that your combination of quirks would come out on top, you didn't bother to assess the other Quirks to their topmost capabilities.  Not too mention, Gin's attitude, alongside his powerful quirk, made him a high priority target to take out first...the cockiness couldn't help you recuperate."  He shifted his gaze towards Ino and Creed.

"You two screwed up in the very beginning.  Ino should have been the one on bottom, to try and throw other's off balance.  I can't tell if Creed was being chivalrous or not, but maybe he should've allowed Ino to carry his weight.  After all, in the end, she became nothing more than a signaling tool for you to use, should anyone draw near.  Playing defensive is well and good, and all, but you took it to the extreme, with no sense of offense...I don't count leaving things up to chance as offense."  Suna then pointed at Mike, who was trying to offset the pain he had received.  "Also...you were relying too much on Nurse Neko.  If this had been the same test at a different school who wasn't as lucky to have such a practitioner, your fellow student could have been greatly injured.  Take that into account...I don't want to have a reputation for most injuries on the first day of school."  Suna sighed...these assessments were always so tedious.  

"Mike and Aaron...you two, like Gin and Asuka, were way too focused on offense.  It was your downfall, seeing as how you weren't prepared to face Creed's quirk head on, without much info.  If you had kept you distance, maybe Aaron could have given Creed quite the shock."  He sighed, moving onto the next two.  

"Terro and Ichiro...your combination, in my eyes, was the most potent.  However, it was a combination to the the utmost, sheer luck.  Despite that, you were able to establish each other's quirks, and make up for one another's weaknesses.  The shield technique was quite clever.  It allowed for Ichiro to compete, without injuring himself, while simultaneously becoming a surprise weapon.  The element of surprise was in your favor, seeing as how none of you knew about Terro's quirk.  You two were, without a doubt, my bet on winning."  His eyes sharpened, as he seemed to be irritated.  "If I had money on you...I'd make sure you'd pay up for giving up like that!  Don't you want to be the best hero?  Giving up is not an option...and it will reflect harshly on your score."  And finally, he looked to the winners.  

"Isami and Sayuri...you scoped the competition, and seemed to realize that you were in a position that couldn't overpower the other's easily.  This was a game of strategy, and yours was the most sound.  Escape. Wait. Conquer.  You waited for the other students to knock each other out, and hoped that they wouldn't come after you.  Luckily for you, everyone had their own grudges and reasons to go after one another.  You being....plain, and not so standout-ish, made you a low priority target.  The others writ you off before the game began.  However, to your dismay, all of the team's didn't cancel each other out.  You were left to skirmish with one of the top contenders...risky...it would've earned you second place...if Terro's drive didn't ruin it for Ichiro."  Suna clapped his hands to dust them off, and put them in his pockets.  

"And that's that."  

Ino looked to the ground, almost in disappointment.  She still had a smile on her face, but she realized what Suna said might have been true.  She wasn't the strongest girl in the bunch...but maybe she could have let Creed rely on her a bit more.  

Meanwhile, the sound of Gin grinding his teeth had subsided.  Suna's words had truly rung home to him.  He was too arrogant...to obsessed with beating his opponent's, rather than learning what they were capable of.  He would make sure that this was the last time that his cockiness got in the way.  The tip of his finger glowed, as he stared at it.  He spat to the side, a sour grimace still on his face.  

Suna looked around the devastated gymnasium.  Scratching his cheek, he decided to scrap the third test, in favor of a new one.  

"The next test is....a written essay!  In one paragraph, I want you to tell me how you can improve as a hero in training...head back to the classroom and start on it...there is no time limit, so make sure it's good."  

"We did it? But we didn't really do much..." Terro heard the base of the animal team comment before adding, "We did it!" To his surprise though, the snake boy had walked over to them, holding out a hand. "You should be careful, the floor can get slippery." He smiled innocently at them. Terro felt a bit of guilt inside of him as he reached out to take that hand

"Thanks. I'll keep that in mind," He said as he was pulled up to his feet. The teams had gathered, and the teacher was speaking on how they could improve. The one that caught Terro's attention the most, was obviously his own team's.

"Terro and Ichiro...your combination, in my eyes, was the most potent.  However, it was a combination to the the utmost, sheer luck.  Despite that, you were able to establish each other's quirks, and make up for one another's weaknesses.  The shield technique was quite clever.  It allowed for Ichiro to compete, without injuring himself, while simultaneously becoming a surprise weapon.  The element of surprise was in your favor, seeing as how none of you knew about Terro's quirk.  You two were, without a doubt, my bet on winning."  His eyes sharpened, as he seemed to be irritated.  "If I had money on you...I'd make sure you'd pay up for giving up like that!  Don't you want to be the best hero?  Giving up is not an option...and it will reflect harshly on your score."  

Terro looked down at the ground, shame filling him up inside. He didn't think of the consequences of his actions and how it could affect his and Ichi's grades. He was so focused on the game aspect, he didn't take it seriously. To make things worse, he insulted the winning team, even if it was unintentional. He gave his all against the strong team... he should have given the same effort to a weaker team. Even if they had a puppy. When the most of the class had cleared out, Terro walked up to Suna and bowing quickly.

"Sensei!" He said. "Please, do not hurt Ichiro's score. It was my fault we lost, and he had no input in the decision. I didn't want to hurt a team I believed as weaker, and I threw the match. I... I didn't think of how I was hurting Ichiro's score, nor of how I was insulting the other team. Please, dock only my score," He begged. With that done, and whatever came afterwards, he went off to the classroom.

When he got to the classroom, he took an empty seat in the back corner, by the wall. He felt too ashamed to go near other people right now. He looked at his paper, thinking to himself. How could he improve? Finally, he got an idea, and he wrote, slowly but surely.

"If I am to improve as a hero, I need to become more considerate," He wrote. "A hero would consider the feelings of others, something I failed to do today. I also need to give my all, not holding back because I believe people are weak. After all, in a real fight, I have no idea what people might be capable of, even if I have fought them before," He tapped his chin with his pencil, thinking about it more. That's all he could think of though, so he waited. Should he turn it in, or should he wait? He didn't know...

F7eoyPD.jpg

Xvignette_zps578dff7a.png

It was official, Isami and Sayuri were the winners of this match...and Ichiro just sat up, unsure on what was happening. Nevertheless, he knew that if he was going to do anything, be upset was the last thing to do. All things considered, he was surprised he got to this point in the game. However, when everyone got back into the area where Suna was, he heard the things that the teacher said...especially his team.

"Terro and Ichiro...your combination, in my eyes, was the most potent. However, it was a combination to the the utmost, sheer luck. Despite that, you were able to establish each other's Quirks, and make up for one another's weaknesses. The shield technique was quite clever. It allowed for Ichiro to compete, without injuring himself, while simultaneously becoming a surprise weapon. The element of surprise was in your favor, seeing as how none of you knew about Terro's Quirk. You two were, without a doubt, my bet on winning. If I had money on you...I'd make sure you'd pay up for giving up like that! Don't you want to be the best hero? Giving up is not an option...and it will reflect harshly on your score."

This was...well it was obvious that it was going to be said. Namely the last part. Ichiro only shrugged at this fact. They got to at least second place and he really didn't get a chance to say anything regarding this. So because of that, he only could be there along for the ride....literally. He kept quiet as he looked at Suna who spoke once more.

"The next test is....a written essay! In one paragraph, I want you to tell me how you can improve as a hero in training...head back to the classroom and start on it...there is no time limit, so make sure it's good."

So things with their Quirks and now just a written essay? It was...needless to say, lackluster, but it wasn't him using his Quirk again. Ichiro let out a sigh of relief at hearing this. However, as he was beginning to head to the classroom, he noticed Terro stepping forward.

"Sensei! Please, do not hurt Ichiro's score. It was my fault we lost, and he had no input in the decision. I didn't want to hurt a team I believed as weaker, and I threw the match. I... I didn't think of how I was hurting Ichiro's score, nor of how I was insulting the other team. Please, dock only my score."

T-That was his reasoning?? Ichiro thought, blinking a few times. It was a bit presumptuous to think, but then again, he was the one who just got thrown in this class just a couple of minutes ago. He only finally walked out of the gymnasium and headed back to the classroom.

Looking down at his hands for a moment, clenching his fists and unclenching them some as he sighed. Even if the nurse healed his hands...they were still a little numb. It would make writing this essay a little bit difficult, but he'd manage it. Sitting back at his desk, noticing everyone else writing their essays or possibly putting their finishing touches on it, Ichiro looked down at the paper.

He knew what it was he wanted to write down...so that made everything ten times easier.

-BGM-

"How I can improve as a hero in training? By being more like my older brother, Rei Adachi. While being Quirkless, he's shown me what a true hero is like, much more than those with a Quirk could ever show me. He's shown me that not everyone needs to wear capes to be a hero. No matter that life brings the two of us, he is always there with a smile on his face, showing that everything would be fine and that we would get through it. His positive attitude and willingness to help those in need, I believe for me to be a better hero in training...to be a better hero is to be more like him."

After writing this, he lowered his pencil and stood up. He wasn't sure if he was the first to finish or the last, but he knew that he wrote what he felt...and he knew that it's all that mattered to him right now. Ichiro moved and put the paper down on Suna's desk, before returning to his own desk.

And just like that, it was over in a matter of minutes with the Snek and Wolf team as the winners. . . apparently? Aaron wasn't quite what went down as he got back to the sidelines, but this game of Chicken was finally over. Aaron turned to Mike and gently patted him on the back as if to congratulate him for a job well done, then proceeded to charge in the nearest outlet. Mr. Suna proceeded to critic everyone on their performance, and it was not pretty for any of the teams.

"Mike and Aaron...you two, like Gin and Asuka, were way too focused on offense.  It was your downfall, seeing as how you weren't prepared to face Creed's quirk head on, without much info.  If you had kept your distance, maybe Aaron could have given Creed quite the shock."  

'Like Gin and Asuka?!' Aaron was quite offended by that fact alone, but at least it wasn't as harsh as Creed's and Ino's, but still, it hurt to an extent knowing that Aaron didn't live up to his recommendation prowess. However, Mr. Suna's remarks towards Creed and Ino did stir Aaron into a state of compassion for them, wanting nothing more than for them to do their best in the future. "The next test is....a written essay!  In one paragraph, I want you to tell me how you can improve as a hero in training...head back to the classroom and start on it...there is no time limit, so make sure it's good."  

With a sigh of relief, Aaron became relieved that there was no more fighting today, at least for the time being. This game was nothing more than just some classwork assignment, and this essay was just a book report on his performance. Getting up, he turned to Mike to see if he needed help, but to his astonishment, he was already up and walking out the door. So much for that. . . He shook off the thought and walked back with the rest of his class back to 1-A.

After getting back, Aaron sat down at the same desk when he first entered in and thought about what to write on this revelitive short essay. There is so much stuff I could write about on why I want to be a hero, but they are small insignificant things that are overpowered by why I don't want to be one. I really don't want to be here to start with, but why do I want to be here?! Aaron pounded his head on the desk and moaned in agony over the fact that everyone here probably has their reasons why they want to be the very best. Taking in some deep breaths calmed down the nerves and anxiety that came with trying to write a good valid argument on how he can improve his abilities as a hero. Aaron looked around the room and took in the attitude of the class as they wrote their essays. Creed and Gin looked were angry with themselves, while Ino, Ichiro, and Asuka looked quite depressed. Mike seemed to have a calm mind despite the fact he almost broke his back because of Creed's pads. A feeling of remorse for what happened to him ran over Aaron like lightning, but it was unexpected for what happened, even if it might have been Aaron's fault for not "having the info" against Creed and Ino. Just as much as he felt the remorse, sparking inspiration came into his mind.

"I know there is a lot I can do to improve on being a hero, but after thinking about it, I felt that I really didn't have a good reason for being a hero. Everyone around me must have that drive for being one, but I just didn't have that drive, until now. I took a look around the room and taking in the feelings of everyone's attitude, and looking at Mike made me feel super bad about what I might have done to him during the game. I feel remorse for what happened, but that feeling gave me a reason why I want to be a hero. While I can work on my abilities, I am going  to learn from my mistakes and strive to protect those around me!"

Aaron put down his pencil with a sigh of confidence knowing that he has some drive to his unnecessary madness. After handing Mr. Suna his essay, Aaron went back to his desk and laid his head down in hopes of getting some sleep in before anything else happens.

MX55gTQ.png

Gin didn’t respond to Creed’s provocation. ‘Did he not hear me? Ah well.’ He looked back up to see what else was going on with the remaining two teams, instead only seeing it end with a disappointing finish. In a very unconvincing way, Terro “slipped” and fell, dropping Ichiro and making Isami and Sayuri the winners of the game. Creed laughed a little, accidentally pushing a little more blood onto his hand, at how ridiculous he looked. Although he wondered why Terro would have just given up like that. ‘Maybe Isami’s got a hypnosis Quirk too. I saw something like that in a movie before.’

“Isami and Sayuri have come out on top of the game… Congratulations all around.” Suna began giving assessments to each of the teams, analyzing how they played and what they could have done. He went with Gin and Asuka first, telling them how they were too focused on offense, as well as admonishing Gin for his over the top attitude.

Creed and Ino’s assessment came second. “You two screwed up in the very beginning. Ino should have been the one on the bottom, to try to throw others off balance.”

‘Huh, I guess we could have done that…’

“I can’t tell if Creed was being chivalrous or not, but maybe he should’ve allowed Ino to carry his weight.”

Creed looked at Ino’s tiny figure. ‘Would she be able to carry my weight is the real question.’

“After all, in the end, she became nothing more than a signaling tool for you to use, should anyone draw near.”

‘It would have been either me or her, and she was lighter.’

“Playing defensive is well and good, and all, but you took it to the extreme, with no sense of offense...”

‘Well, I don’t know how it is out here, but where I’m from, and especially with my Quirk, playing safe is optimal for me.’

“I don't count leaving things up to chance as offense.”

‘Chance? Where?’ Creed hung on this statement. It wasn’t really “chance” that Mike and Aaron charged directly forward; that was their decision. The only thing that was really left to chance was whether a third party would join the fray, but that’s what Ino was looking out for.

Suna motioned over to Mike, who was still in pain from suddenly being launched backwards. “Also, you were relying too much on Nurse Neko. If this had been the same test at a different school who wasn’t as lucky to have such a practicioner, your fellow student could have been greatly injured. Take that into account. I don’t want to have a reputation for most injuries on the first day of school.”

‘But this isn’t a different school, is it? Isn’t the entire purpose of having Nurse Neko here so that we can do these kinds of tests and not have to worry about injuries? Again, not sure how you like to do it out here, but as long as they aren’t dead or permanently disabled, this would’ve been fine back home.’

With Creed’s assessment completed, Suna moved onto the other teams while Creed thought about his words. It was true that Ino would have been a lot more useful on the ground, but Creed was more focused on using his own Quirk. Also, he wasn’t sure if Ino would even be able to hold him up very long. Ino was light; she felt like only 100 to 120 pounds, which didn’t really hamper Creed’s mobility all too much.

Creed listened in on Mike and Aaron’s assessment as well. “If you had kept your distance, maybe Aaron could have given Creed quite the shock." This was entirely true. Creed wasn’t sure how rapidly Aaron could shoot out bolts like that, but since Creed had to jump to dodge it, all Aaron would have had to do was to wait for Creed to land. Since he had to keep Ino upright, in addition to carrying her weight, he recoiled from landings a lot longer than normal, which was an opportune time for Aaron to fire off another bolt. This was a weakness that Creed had been aware of, but since it wasn’t capitalized on, he made no effort to cover it.

Suna finished up with the last two teams’ assessments, and moved onto the next test. Creed was worn out, from just being tired overall to the physical exertion from the chicken game. He was hoping there wasn’t another physical test.

"The next test is... a written essay! In one paragraph, I want you to tell me how you can improve as a hero in training... head back to the classroom and start on it... there is no time limit, so make sure it's good."

Creed stood up to head back to the classroom. After waiting for most of the students to leave, he picked up a few pieces of debris, and threw them at the unused Launch Pads he placed to set them off. One piece smashed into the wall, creating a small cloud of dust, one arced in the air and hit the ground in a similar manner, and the last one bounced off a light fixture, causing it to swing a bit. On his way back to class, he made a quick stop at the restroom. Using a wet paper towel, he wiped off blood from his face and shirt, and cleared his nose out of any remaining dried blood. The impact with the ground left a bruise on the bridge of his nose.

Creed returned to the classroom and sat in his chosen seat. Everyone was already writing their papers, and were in their own little bubbles. Creed pulled out his own notebook, and opened it to the first blank sheet. Instead of pulling a pencil out of his bag, he remembered the one that he had impaled the ceiling with when he showed his Quirk to Ino earlier. He looked up; it was still there. He stood on his desk to reach it, and jumped down while holding onto it to dislodge it. With a writing utensil in hand, he began writing his thoughts on paper.

How do I improve as a hero in training? I need to be aware of my weaknesses, and improve in the areas that I can. While it is important to improve my strengths, if I have weaknesses that can be capitalized on, they will be capitalized on. If I can minimize my weaknesses both in and out of combat, then I can focus on improving my strengths as well. One weakness that I’m still trying to work on, and one that showed itself during the second test, is my lack of team awareness. I only focused on my own strengths and weaknesses, and only paid attention to what my partner couldn’t do, leading us to play with a disadvantage. I used my partner only to assist in field awareness, but I didn’t support her well enough. If I can improve communication with my teammates, and overall better team planning, then I can cover up that weakness. I could also stand to improve my mental abilities more. Even though I can quickly discern someone’s habits and capitalize on them accordingly, I still lack the incredible foresight that I’ve seen from professional heroes like my mother. I can still improve upon my strengths as well, such……..

Creed fell asleep. The combination of his physical exhaustion and having been awake so long made it difficult for him to stay awake enough to finish an essay. Granted, what he had already written would probably be enough, but he still passed out regardless. There was a quiet, but audible ‘thud’ of his head hitting the desk, but aside from that, he slept deeply and quietly. Maybe Suna wouldn’t notice. Or maybe he wouldn’t care. There wasn’t a time limit, after all.

As he floated and snacked in the corner of the gymnasium, Langley watched with great joy at the freshman class.  Their Quirks were interesting, to say the least.  Having them work together for the first time was a great strategy, by their teacher.  It promoted teamwork, critical thinking, observation and analysis, and of course, Quirk management.  But the duels themselves were quite fun.

Some of the blows struck, made Langley wince.

"Eesh!"

Some of them made him gasp, his mouth full of popcorn.

"Oh.  Oh!"

Some of them made him nod with approval.

"Mhm, mhm.  Well done!" he said to himself.

As the proceedings ended, he took particular note of one Ms. Sayuri, and her partner, Isami.  An interesting pair.  They'd found an odd balance and a harmony, and they were only on day one!  It was quite impressive, and Langley approved.  The students were shortly thereafter whisked away for essays, causing Langley to lean back against the wall and smile.  That is, until he noticed the clock opposite him, above the bleachers on the other side of the gym.  

"Oh dear, I'm going to be late!  My first class!"  They would no doubt be engaged in nefarious activities, those Junior students.  Always the rowdy bunch, they were.  But he loved them all the same.  Langley cleaned up his mess, quickly swept the floor below him, and scurried off to class.  He had a lesson to teach after all.

s06t3UC.png

"Thanks. I'll keep that in mind," As they got up, Isami noticed Suna waving his hand in the air, smiling. "Isami and Sayuri have come out on top of the game...congratulations all around." He smiled back at the teacher and, as he lowered himself for Sayuri to land back onto the ground, listened in onto Suna's assessments of each team. Despite his best attempt, though, he was only barely able to follow the strategic talk he was talking about. Even when it got to his own team, he didn't completely follow. Still, it sounded like they did well. "The next test is....a written essay! In one paragraph, I want you to tell me how you can improve as a hero in training...head back to the classroom and start on it...there is no time limit, so make sure it's good." Isami nodded, turning to Sayuri. "We should probably get..." He looked down at himself. "Oh right. Uh, I'll be there in a bit!" He made his way to the restroom, grabbing his bag on the way there.

When Isami finally did make it back to the classroom, now with a fancy pair of legs instead of a serpentine body, he saw that most of the students were already in their own world. He made his way to his seat, taking out a piece of paper and a pencil from his bag before staring blankly at the page. "How I can improve as a hero in training..." He thought to himself. It wasn't a question he had ever really thought about ever, so he found himself staring at the blank page.  "How I can improve as a hero in training." The thought repeatedly bounced around in his mind as he tried to think of a good answer. Drawing a blank, he turned his head towards the window. "The sky is really beautiful today, isn't it?" He let his mind wander, noticing small details in the scenery. Like the clouds that looked like bad animal cookies, or the birds that chirped and flew around. "Wait, birds...that's it!" He returned his gaze back to his paper, grabbing his pencil and started writing.

"I can improve as a hero in training by being like my big sister! I have to be strong and brave like her, but also kind. If I follow her example, I can also be a great hero just like her! I'll protect those that I care about, just like she does."

Proud of what he wrote, he got up and turned it in, placing it on top of the pile of papers that were on Suna's desk. He returned to his seat, turning his head back outside of the window.

Mike

When the game was done, Mr. Suna began to evaluate their performance. Everyone had their own degree of criticism ranging from fairly light to rather severe mistakes.

"Mike and Aaron...you two, like Gin and Asuka, were way too focused on offense.  It was your downfall, seeing as how you weren't prepared to face Creed's quirk head on, without much info.  If you had kept you distance, maybe Aaron could have given Creed quite the shock." Mr. Suna in response to Mike and Aaron's performance. Mike just kinda shrugged as he continued to suck back on energy gels. They, of course, had made a couple very rash decisions, but at the same time Mike saw them as a bigger threat and needed to take the first opportunity he could see. Still, that didn't excuse that they could have remained on the defense better. "The next test is....a written essay!  In one paragraph, I want you to tell me how you can improve as a hero in training...head back to the classroom and start on it...there is no time limit, so make sure it's good." 

Mike let a sigh as he grabbed his bag and went in to change. This was good; he didn't want to use his quirk too much in the morning and find himself too exhausted to pay attention in the rest of his classes for the day. Everyone seemed to have their own things to do as Mike made his way back to the classroom, lost in his head. The question that Mr. Suna presented wasn't an easy one for Mike to answer at all. I just started here, I don't know anything about being a hero yet! What am I supposed to write?

Once they reached the classroom, everyone got down writing and seemed to have a good idea of what it was they wanted to say. Mike sat at his desk, his head resting on his hand as he stared at the piece of paper. The rest of them probably had their own big ambitions for why they wanted to be a hero, some great story to tell. Mike sighed. He didn't have any of that, he just... all he had was that he hated to see people get picked on or taken advantage of, and he thought that heroes were just... cool. It was something he could do and wanted to do, but that wasn't a reason. Mike groaned as he continued to think, and gave up and simply wrote a couple sentences.

I don't really know how I could learn to improve as a hero. I don't really know how to be a hero, that's why I'm here, isn't it?

It wasn't a full paragraph, but it was all that he could think of. Mike slipped his just underneath the top paper on the pile so nobody else in the class would see how little he put on the page.

h1v7t2f.png

"Oh no... I have fell."

EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!?

"Isami and Sayuri have come out on top of the game...congratulations all around."

Sensei, wait a second! Sayuri began frantically signing, turning in his direction at the announcement as Isami began slithering in the direction of the fallen opponents. Does that count? Is that even allowed to count? I mean, I'm fine with winning if they'll just hand it to us, but is it really okay for us to just take it and walk away? Winning just out of the blue like that...because her opponent had surrendered no less. This was a very strange school. No doubt about it. Sayuri was fine with being given the win, but she would have liked to put out at least some effort to earn it. The teacher then went over where each group did well and not so well. She liked being praised for a good strategy. She'd have to think up other good strategies in any future tests like this one.

"The next test is....a written essay! In one paragraph, I want you to tell me how you can improve as a hero in training...head back to the classroom and start on it...there is no time limit, so make sure it's good."

That should be way easier.

Sayuri was faced with a sheet of paper before her, and a pen in her hand. She was finally back in her element. And with that, she started writing.

How can I improve as a hero in training? I think the best way for me to do that is to understand my allies, and to help them understand me. I'm fast and agile, but that's all I have going for me aside from being able to track bad guys. I'm not super-strong like the kid with super-strength, and I can't do something crazy like shoot lasers from my hands. If I'm on my own, I have to rely on my senses and instincts in an emergency, and that will only be able to carry even a pedigree hero so far. I need to learn to rely on my teammates a bit, which I'm not really used to, and I also need to be the kind of person they can rely on more. It's just as important for me to know them as it is for them to know me, especially since I can't communicate on the fly like everyone else.

I should also learn to speak my mind with authority figures.

That should about do it. Just as Isami was getting back to his own desk, Sayuri got up from hers and turned the sheet of paper in at the front desk. As she sat down, a question from earlier crossed her memory.

"Where are your shoes?"

Sayuri had wanted to answer that when it was asked, but the language barrier was quite an obstacle. Now would have to do just as well. Once Sayuri was seated in her desk again, she grabbed her whiteboard and marker, and began writing and drawing on it. It took a bit, and Sayuri occasionally glanced down at her feet in the process for reference, but before long, her explanation was complete. Content with her work, she turned around in her seat, reaching out with her arm and whiteboard to the seat just behind her with her complete explanation, and tapping Isami on the shoulder with the whiteboard.

If and when he took it, he'd see a rough doodle of Sayuri's foot, next to a shoe that would otherwise be the right size, if not for the footpad at the bottom of her foot. Beneath it, Sayuri had written the words, I don't wear shoes because I have footpads, like a wolf. They make my feet too tall.

lmHWTAK.png

How can I improve as a hero?

Asuka's handwriting was neat and straight, as if every stroke of the pen was carefully thought out.

I need to work on being a more proactive person. While it is a hero's job to respond to an emergency and apprehend a villain when they appear, that doesn't mean heroes can get by entirely by responding to the world around them. Especially in combat, having initiative can mean the difference between saving the day and losing it. Aside from that, I should work on playing to my strengths, and covering my weaknesses. My Quirk only allows me to control so many crystals, and creating more in rapid succession can dehydrate me quickly. I believe a good countermeasure to this would be a hydration tank of some sort to keep me hydrated in prolonged emergencies or fights. Knowing my enemy will also be an important factor, I believe. If one can understand a villain's abilities, motives, intents, and how they plan to achieve their goals, stopping them becomes that much easier. At the same time, I must be careful not to focus on thinking like a villain so much that I forget who I am. Or who I'm not.

Asuka got up, promptly made her way to the teacher's desk, turned in her essay, then returned to her own desk and sat down. Her loss in the chicken game...that was exactly what she was talking about when she said she had to know her enemy. If she'd known the boy with the weird name had a Quirk so versatile, she could have thought of something to deal with him. Instead, she and Gin had lost. Gin was an issue of his own though...

He seemed too aggressive. Too bloodthirsty. He reminded Asuka of her mother. Which was, from Asuka, nothing resembling a compliment.

8tOKosA.jpg?1hNqzNzP.jpg?1

As the other students returned to the home room, so did Gin and Ino.  The bittersweet taste of defeat in both of their mouth's.  Ino was hoping that a simple essay could help cleanse her palate, while the other boy could write all of his frustrations out on paper.  Ino took her time, surprisingly she wasn't vibrating unconsciously.  Maybe she was too hard concentrating.  Oppositely, on the other side of the room, the scratches of a pencil could be hard vigorously wearing out the paper that was being written upon.  

"As a student here at UA, I must always be striding to improve as a hero in training.  This means that I can't stand idly by, while other's find ways to use their Quirks to their fullest potential!  I have to do so as well!  I can't just let my quirk be a one trick pony...I have to find many uses and applications for it!  However, controlling it completely is my first step towards this goal of mine.~"  

"As a hero in training...my goal is to snuff out villainy.  This means not giving them a chance...not to retaliate, or breath.  I was careless in this competition...If one of our peers was willing to incapacitate an opponent to the extreme...I should have done the same.  I will not hold back any more against these dweebs."  

Ino turned in her paper first.  Gin got up moments after, and slammed his paper on top of the stack.  

Suna was the last one to enter the room, as he had been busy calculating points from the prior two competitions.  He looked upon his students, and was a tad irked that Creed had decided to take a nap on his paper.  He shook his head, before standing in front of his desk.  Time was up.  Suna scanned through all of the papers...some of the stuff was basic, but others felt particularly written from the heart.  Suna cleared his throat before speaking.   

"Now...I bet you're all wondering who came in first on the test."  He pointed towards three boys, and one girl in particular.  "Aaron, Isami, Sayuri, and Ichiro have all scored the highest, with Aaron proving to have a slight lead above all the others."  Suna scratched his head with a pen before continuing.  "Isami and Sayuri barely made top 4, due to their winning the game of chicken.  Nonetheless, I am impressed."  He took the pen from before, and started to tap his chin with it.  "As for the bottom scorers...We have Creed and Terro.  Creed could have been one of the higher scorers...had he turned in his essay.  Terro, on the other hand, was a late contender, and didn't have the chance to take the first Quirk Assessment test...however, I doubt it would have helped, due to the deductions from the second test."  Suna slammed his hand on the desk abruptly.  "You wanted to be heroes right?  Take this seriously!  No matter the task!  As for the rest of you...stride to surpass your peers...I've given you obvious goals to do just that.  Dismissed"  

And like that, class was over for the day.  The rest of the week were basic hero lectures, and more quizzes, sprinkled with some non-hero course classes, or general studies for that matter.  The weekend gave student's time to reflect on their first week, and study for upcoming exams.  However, on the last day of school, each student was given a permission slip to be signed by a parent or legal guardian for a field trip on Monday.  

Ino was incredibly excited!  They were going on a field trip so early!  She made sure that her mother signed it as early as when she got home on Friday.  Her Mother, who's quirk just made objects shake in her hand uncontrollably, managed to sign her name as legible as possible.  On Monday, Ino waved the slip in her hand, as she skipped joyously to school.  She returned to class 1-A, as she was the first to arrive, and placed it on Suna-Sensei's desk.  Again, she sat down at her desk, and waited for the others to show up.  She had missed class over the weekend, and talking with her friends before it started up once more!

F7eoyPD.jpg

"Now...I bet you're all wondering who came in first on the test. Aaron, Isami, Sayuri, and Ichiro have all scored the highest, with Aaron proving to have a slight lead above all the others. Isami and Sayuri barely made top 4, due to their winning the game of chicken. Nonetheless, I am impressed."

Top four, huh? While Ichiro was a little saddened that he couldn't get higher on the scoring, he was glad that he at least got to the fourth top spot of the class. Plus at the same time, he only had to use his Quirk that one time. And at the cost of breaking his hands...which was a new one indeed. After giving the results of the bottom scorers, Suna slammed his hand down and to be honest, it made Ichiro jump slightly.

"You wanted to be heroes right? Take this seriously!  No matter the task!  As for the rest of you...stride to surpass your peers...I've given you obvious goals to do just that. Dismissed"

Ichiro was honestly surprised about how well class went that day. Nevertheless, the young man packed up and tossed his headphones back on before leaving the campus. He wanted to at least relay all the information to Rei...it was his first day after all.

"So say that again?" Rei asked, grabbing the dinner dishes from the table, chuckling lightly as he looked at Ichiro. "Your partner literally fell over and just landed on the ground?"

"I wish I was making it up, Rei." Ichiro shrugged some. "But his reasoning was that he thought they were a little on the weaker side..."

"Well, given the fact that he didn't see their Quirks...I coooooould understand." he said, shrugging before sitting back down at the table. "Still, its a little presumptuous that they're weaker than another. Regardless, I'm glad you were able to enjoy your first day of class, little brother."

Ichiro smiled before standing up and stuffing his hands into his pockets. "Yeah, well..." he said, walking away from the table. "I'm gonna hit the hay. Got class tomorrow and whatnot."

Rei smiled, watching Ichiro head off to his room. He was proud of his brother for taking the step towards getting better at his Quirk, and even reaching a step to becoming a hero. However, on the opposite end of this, Ichiro just sighed. The young man felt he was no closer to understanding anything about this Quirk...or even what kind of hero he wanted to be. The only hero he'd ever dreamed of being like was Rei. And with him being Quirkless, he was a normal guy...something he thought would've been better to be...

Guess these types of thoughts would be better saved until the morning...

The next few days seemed to pass by fairly quickly...even for a school setting. Between lectures of the ethics of heroism, general studies, and more quizzes, Ichiro felt swamped. Regardless, he was able to get his work done, more so in part thanks to Rei helping him out when he needed it. With the general studies, the guy was an absolute wiz at it, which impressed Ichiro greatly.

That Friday, however, Suna handed each of his students a permission slip for a field trip. A field trip? This early in the school year? Namely the second week of school? Ichiro was curious of this...then again, hero schools probably worked a lot different than normal schools anyway. Nevertheless, he took it home and got Rei to sign it for him.

On that Monday morning, Ichiro walked with Rei as the two left their home.

"So, they have you working a lot of hours today, Rei?" Ichiro asked, seeing Rei nod with a shrug.

"Well they kind of have to. We're short staffed so it makes sense. Upside is it's more on my paycheck!" Rei chuckled, pulling his sunglasses out and putting them on his face. Rei Adachi worked at a nearby mall as one of the employees of a store that dealt in selling a lot of electronics and the like. It was a pretty decent job and it paid nicely and he always seemed to be content with it. "Anyway, you have fun today, kiddo."

"I'll try. No guarantees, since I don't even know where we're going." Ichiro shook his head, before holding up his phone. "I'll let you know when we get to wherever we're going."

With that, the two brothers went their separate ways and Ichiro made his way to U.A.

Ichiro finally arrived and walked into Class 1-A's room and moved towards his desk, rummaging through his bag to fish out his permission slip before sitting it on Suna's desk before returning to sit down at his desk.

Mike

Mr. Suna soon went up to the front and took the papers. The grading process was quick, and it wasn't long after that he was again standing in front of them.

"Now...I bet you're all wondering who came in first on the test," He began.

Not really, I guess? Mike thought.

"Aaron, Isami, Sayuri, and Ichiro have all scored the highest, with Aaron proving to have a slight lead above all the others," Mr. Suna pointed to each person as he said so. "Isami and Sayuri barely made top 4, due to their winning the game of chicken.  Nonetheless, I am impressed. As for the bottom scorers..."

Now I really don't want to know. Mike shut his eyes tightly.

"...We have Creed and Terro."

Oh thank god. Mike breathed a sigh of relief.

"Creed could have been one of the higher scorers...had he turned in his essay.  Terro, on the other hand, was a late contender, and didn't have the chance to take the first Quirk Assessment test...however, I doubt it would have helped, due to the deductions from the second test." Mr. Suna slammed his hand on the desk and everyone jumped a bit. "You wanted to be heroes right?  Take this seriously!  No matter the task!  As for the rest of you...stride to surpass your peers...I've given you obvious goals to do just that.  Dismissed."

The rest of the day's classes had gone well, but Mike still had a tough time shaking off the written portion of the test. He knew he did, supposedly, well on the tests, but he was sure he was closer to the bottom. In school, he was fine taking decent grades, but this was different. Something about this hero course appealed to his competitive nature, and he wasn't content with just giving a decent effort and coming out with mediocre scores; he wanted to succeed and do very well.

At the end of the day, they were given permission slips on their way home. Mike got back to his host family's home, who were all very happy to see him. The family's only children, a son and a daughter, were both very young and just entering elementary school. They were both very excited to see Mike get home, and even over the few days Mike had stayed with them they had both started to really look up to him. Mike got his host family to sign the permission slip, and at the end of the day wrote up an email for his parents.

Hey mom and dad!

I got in the school just fine, just like you said I would. I miss you guys a bunch already, but I've only just started here so I gotta hold out. I've already made a bunch of fr

Mike paused for a moment, and hit backspace a few times.

I've started to make some friends, and everything's going smoothly. Our teacher, Mr. Suna, already gave us a bunch of tests on the first day. I did pretty well I guess, but not as well as I had hoped. I guess I probably shouldn't get my hopes up too much, I'm still pretty new at this.

Mike sighed, and continued to wrap up the email.

We've got a field trip already tomorrow, and I'm definitely going to do my best to improve.

Hope to see you guys soon - Mike.

Closing his laptop, Mike got up and went to do his nightly rituals before going to bed.

x393wz.jpg

The rest of the week was slightly different than the first day. Mike had started to become much more serious about his school work, even practicing his quirk while he was at home. He didn't leave much time for leisure, his host family often commenting that he studies like a local. While his performance in various classes was starting to improve considerably, his social life was taking the biggest hit. Since the first day, Mike hadn't spent any significant amount of time with the other students, and still found himself a bit too nervous to really talk to someone that much. Still, it was only the first week; he was sure that would come. Eventually.

On the day of the field trip Mike was a bit early for class, only seeing Ichiro there before him. Placing the permission slip on Mr. Suna's desk, he gave Ichiro a nod before nervously making his way to his own desk and sitting down. Maybe next time he should take a bit more time getting to class, or maybe just take that extra 10 minutes to sleep in...

MX55gTQ.png

Creed was fast asleep while the other students finished and turned in their papers. He napped for about 20 minutes, slowly recharging enough energy to get him through the remainder of the day. Passing through his head were thoughts about the previous event, absorbing the information he had gained and committing it to memory. While Creed slept, Suna entered the classroom and began going over the class’s scoring. From the desk in the front of the room, Suna listed off the top and bottom scoring students. Creed’s slumber was abruptly ended when Suna slammed his hand down on his desk.

“You wanted to be heroes, right? Take this seriously! No matter the task! As for the rest of you, strive to surpass your peers. I’ve given you obvious goals to do just that.” Creed’s mind was foggy, but what he understood from Suna’s yelling was that the class wasn’t doing well. He looked down at the paper still on his desk, which had a slight smudge from where his face was.

‘I should at least finish up the last sentence.’

I can still improve upon my strengths as well, such as my ability to think quickly on my feet.

As Suna dismissed the class, Creed got up and placed his paper on the teacher’s desk. In his best, and very convincing, impression of Suna’s voice, Creed repeated what Suna had told the class before. “There is no time limit, so make sure it’s good.” Creed left the classroom, headed to his next class. After homeroom was a general studies course, geometry, which was beyond simple for Creed. He slept through that class entirely, completing the work that was left on his desk in a matter of minutes. The rest of his classes were mostly introductory, with the teachers introducing themselves and going over the basics of the class.

At the end of the day, Creed made his way home, stopping by various points of interest along the way. There was a maid café that caught his attention. ‘Cute,’ he thought, though it wasn’t really his style. Still, he made a mental note to remember where it was, just in case. Perhaps there was someone else he knew that would enjoy it.

Creed returned home to his single bedroom apartment. As he entered, the main room was flooded with white light from the heat-sensing lights. He went over to the kitchen and opened the fridge. It was almost bare, with mostly leftovers and random ingredients. He hadn’t gone shopping yet, so all that he had in the fridge was food that his mom had left for him when he moved in. He sighed and pulled out a Tupperware with leftover servings of tilapia, and heated it up in the microwave. “Maybe I should have stopped at that café,” he said aloud. He sat at his computer and ate his reheated dinner, browsing the internet and looking at various Pro Hero stories online. His browsing was interrupted by a ringing notification from the bottom right corner of his screen. It was a video chat request from his family. He hadn’t talked to them in a few days, so he picked up. Creed’s father, otherwise known as Velocity, was in the center of the frame. He had a very large build, and took up most of the screen. His wife, Victoria, or Barrier Princess as others called her, peeked over his shoulder, barely in view of the camera.

“Hey Pops.”

“Does he have food, Ernest? Ask him if he has food. I need to make sure he isn’t starving over there. I’LL SEND YOU FOOD SWEETHEART, DON’T WORRY”

“Tori, please, the boy is fine. He’s sixteen.”

“Oh, but he’s living on his own…”

“Um… hey guys.” Creed’s mother wasn’t entirely happy about Creed moving to Japan on his own, and was a complete worrywart over his wellbeing. Creed held up his half-eaten fish to the camera to show his mother. “I’ve still got plenty here.” That was a lie, but if he said he was almost out, his mom would have sent more food than could feasibly fit in the apartment.

“Oh no, what happened to your face?!” She noticed the bruise that had formed across Creed’s nose from his falls throughout the day. “Are you getting bullied? I’ll come out there— “

“Mom, it’s fine, I only fell.”

“Tori, you’ve got to stop babying him. Now son, how was U.A.? Better than my years?”

“Well, if anyone calls saying something about the condition of the gymnasium, that wasn’t me. At least not entirely me.” Creed thought back to the massive crater he had created during Suna’s block test, as well as the gaping hole in the ceiling.

“Haha, breaking things on the first day? That reminds me of my time at U.A., when I— “

“When you made the teacher pass out when you took her flying at Mach 2? You’ve told me that story dozens of times, Pops.”

“Ah, you remember well! What about the other kids? What are they like?”

“Well there’s this one guy who’s really… how do I describe it… angry? He’s really full of himself. Looks like someone who would shop at Hot Topic.”

“Sounds like a fun guy. Who else is there?”

“There’s a guy who turns into a snake, a guy who shoots electricity, a guy who can control at least concrete. Oh, there’s a little wolf girl too.” Creed listed his classmates off the top of his head. “Oh, and there is one girl with too much energy. Ino, I think her name was. I call her Cell Phone, though, since she vibrates.”

“A girl that vibrates, huh?” Ernest looked back at his wife. “Tori, that sounds like something you’d— “

Tori’s face was red as she hit him in the face with a nearby lamp. “Ignore your father. So, have you made friends? Are you doing well?”

“It’s only been a day. I guess we’re… acquaintances?”

“Oh, that’s good. Do you want me to fly out and bring stuff for your class?”

“Mom, this isn’t elementary school. Oh, but there is something I wanted to ask Dad.”

Ernest came back into frame with a bruise on his temple.

“Do you know anyone with a Quirk that controls crystals? Red ones? There’s this one girl in class that makes them, and it’s just vaguely familiar to me.”

Ernest thought for a moment. “Well, there’s Diamond, but I don’t think she had any kids. Other than that, there’s no one else I can think of.”

“Ah, well. I’m going to wash out this container and probably go to sleep.” Creed waved goodbye as he got up, and his father ended the call as his mother started spouting off a million questions.

x393wz.jpg

The rest of the week passed by uneventfully. Creed remembered to keep a stock of his allergy pills on him the entire time, so he could pass by the nurse’s office without dying. His general studies classes were as boring as ever, while his hero course classes didn’t have much going on that week, consisting of mostly lectures and book work. When Friday rolled around, however, he was given a permission slip to give to his parents to sign. The class would be embarking on a field trip on Monday, to an undisclosed location.

After the school day ended, he called his father. “Hey Pops… Yeah it’s going great… Not much… No, no I haven’t… Yeah, anyway, I got a permission slip for a field trip next Monday… No, he didn’t say… You don’t have to fly all the way out… Alright, I guess… Well, if you’re coming, can you bring me more of my allergy pills? I’m almost out… Great, thanks. See you in an hour or so.”

About an hour and a half later, Velocity landed with a flourish on the street outside of Creed’s apartment. The wind knocked over a couple plants, which he told himself he’d replace.

Creed look at his watch as he opened the door for his father. “Ninety minutes? You’re getting slow.”

“Ahaha, I had to convince your mother that she didn’t have to come. Now, let me see this permission slip.” Grabbing a pen from his pocket, he signed his hero name on the line for the parent’s signature, as if he was signing an autograph. “By the way, I looked into that red crystal Quirk you asked me about. Turns out there’s a major villain out here in Japan named Bloodstone. She kills people who don’t have Quirks, and she hasn’t been caught yet.”

“Well, the girl seems pretty nice, but not like she’s trying too hard either. Maybe they’re unrelated.”

“Well, either way, stay safe out here. Your mother worries too much about you.” He handed Creed a bottle of allergy pills and took off. Creed pinned the slip to the wall by the door so he wouldn’t forget it come Monday.

x393wz.jpg

The weekend was mostly uneventful. He spent most of the hours asleep, snoozing through the entirety of Saturday. On Sunday, he decided to go out again, thinking about the maid café he passed by earlier in the week. He decided to go to the café by himself, and ordered a parfait that ended up being much sweeter than he would have liked. It was still good, though, and he paid for his food and left.

Monday finally rolled around, and Creed left early for school. With the permission slip in hand, he walked back to the U.A. campus, ready to begin another week of classes. He was particularly excited for the field trip, wondering where it was that they’d be going. He made his way up the stairs to Class 1-A. Ino was sitting at the first desk by the door, as always. Ichiro and Mike were there too, in their respective seats. Creed placed his slip on Suna’s desk, and sat down at his own desk.

He turned sideways to face Ino. “Hey, Cell Phone, do you like sweet foods? There’s this café a couple kilometers away from here, and their parfait is insanely sweet. I thought it might be something you’d like.”

Aaron noticed Mr. Suna walk in and started to go through the essays on his desk. Aaron sat up promptly and waited for what he would say to the class.

"Now...I bet you're all wondering who came in first on the test."  Aaron nodded his head in agreement as Mr. Suna pointed to 4 students, Aaron, being one of them.  "Aaron, Isami, Sayuri, and Ichiro have all scored the highest, with Aaron proving to have a slight lead above all the others."  Aaron went wide-eyed and did a small victory arm pump with an almost silent “Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssss” that was probably audible to nearby students. He didn’t care for what else was said about the other students, he was exceeding past everyone in the class, though he didn’t do an excellent job in the Chicken game.

"You wanted to be heroes, right?  Take this seriously!  No matter the task!  As for the rest of you, strive to surpass your peers...I've given you obvious goals to do just that.  Dismissed"

““The rest of the day was pretty much normal as to a regular school. They had English, Math, Science, Music, Art, and such as part of their regular schooling, guess being just categorized as a ‘Hero School’ was an understatement. The week was pretty much normal, but for the Hero Class they get the Hero Strategy class, taught by Dr. Atomic, a real superhero. Well, it turns out all the teachers are superheroes, but still, this school is waaaaaaay crazier than the High School back home. However, I still wish I was back home with you guys. . .””

““Oh Honey! I know that exact same feeling, as well as your Father. Sometimes when he goes off on those long construction weeks, never coming back until he was done with the job, he always has those feelings of “loneliness”. We are so proud of you for what you have been accomplishing! Keep up the good work sweetie!””

““Thanks Mom. Oh! Before I forget, did you ever sign the automatic slip option if I should go on field trips and such?""

““Oh, yes. We made sure to sign that, especially since you are living by yourself in Japan. I wish we knew someone from there.””

““Yeah, me too. Okay, I am running out of time, so I love you and make sure to tell Dad everything when he gets back.””

““Oh, you know I will! Love you, Honey!””

The screen blinks off, leaving Aaron in a dark room with only the light from the hall entering through the bottom of the closed door. Aaron wiped the emotional tears from his eyes and proceeded to turn in for the night. Tomorrow was going to be an interesting day, especially not knowing where this field trip was going to be. If anything, it was probably going to be something dangerous like last week.

Monday morning came and Aaron prepared for the worst. Aaron morning started with breakfast, watching a cartoon on his computer, and checking his wattage. ““Looks like I increased my minimum! 11.5K!”” Aaron grabbed his backpack and started to regret not staying home today, because of any type of field trip in a “Superhero” school was bound for danger, but Aaron hates missing school. The school was some long ways away, so to shorten travel, Aaron uses some of his electricity to fashion an electrical-based skateboard to shorten travel.

Aaron made it to UA with minutes to spare before homeroom started. Aaron rushed to the attendance office and got a signed permission slip for today’s field trip. Aaron was the 6th person to make it to class with Ino, Gin, Ichiro, Mike, and Creed already there. Aaron put his slip on the other piles of paper and took a seat in the exact seat since day 1. Turning around, he saw Mike and Creed near each other, but not talking to each other, even though at least be in contact with each other during the week. Though Creed was talking to Ino he wanted to talk to them. Hey Creed! Hey Mike! How’s was y’all’s weekend? Ready for the field trip today?”

Terro nearly held his breath as he listened to what the grades his fellow students received. "Now...I bet you're all wondering who came in first on the test."  The teacher pointed towards three boys, and one girl in particular.  "Aaron, Isami, Sayuri, and Ichiro have all scored the highest, with Aaron proving to have a slight lead above all the others."  Suna scratched his head with a pen before continuing.  "Isami and Sayuri barely made top 4, due to their winning the game of chicken.  Nonetheless, I am impressed." 

"Yokatta..," Terro muttered to himself as he sighed. Ichiro's score wasn't hurt because of his foolishness. He held his hands together, listening for his score.

"As for the bottom scorers...We have Creed and Terro.  Creed could have been one of the higher scorers...had he turned in his essay.  Terro, on the other hand, was a late contender, and didn't have the chance to take the first Quirk Assessment test...however, I doubt it would have helped, due to the deductions from the second test."  Suna slammed his hand on the desk abruptly.  "You wanted to be heroes right?  Take this seriously!  No matter the task!  As for the rest of you...stride to surpass your peers...I've given you obvious goals to do just that.  Dismissed,"  

Terro began to tremble slightly as he heard his score... he was... dead last? He... failed so badly. He looked down at his hands disbelievingly. On one hand, he missed the first test, which to him, seemed unfair to have that work against him. However... he also was the one that got lost, the one was couldn't even make it to class. He was a fool, wasn't he? He stood up, grabbing his things and walking out. 

Was he dead last because he believed he shouldn't have crushed his foes with overwhelming strength? Should he lord his strength over those weaker than him? That... didn't sound heroic at the least, and was for sure not the path he believed a true martial artist should tread. However... he wasn't training to become a martial artist, was he? He was becoming a hero. Was this what was expected of him to become a hero?

It couldn't be... could it? He clenched his fist as he walked out to the hallway. If it was... then Terro was now treading a dangerous line. He would have to figure out the balance, exactly where to draw the line. He wouldn't let himself fall prey to becoming a foul fist that dealt only pain and sorrow in hopes of being a hero.

That night, Terro sat in his little apartment, sitting on the mat he called a bed, legs folded as he meditated. It was so different from home here... the classes were nothing like his training, and he felt as if he was struggling to keep up. The day barely ended, and he could tell he was going to struggle. The way people thought, the way they interacted, it was almost like a foreign language to the boy raised in the mountains. They spoke of saving people, of helping others, and yet they expected him to crush two people that he knew he could hurt very easily in what was in the end, only a test. 

Quietly, he stood on to his feet and headed outside, a tall tree standing proud next to his apartment. He walked to it, placing a hand on it, using it as support, breathing deeply. This doubt sown in his mind... it was shaking his resolve. He didn't know what he was doing anymore, and it was only day one! Growling to himself, he began to to pound at the tree, his fists making contact with the bark, and slowly chipping away at it. There he stood, hitting the tree until dawn, his hopes of clearing his mind coming no closer than when he first came outside. 

The week passed by, being what he assumed was a normal school week. He wasn't sure... he never was in a public school before, and it just reaffirmed his thoughts. He was far behind his peers, even if he was a good fighter. He kept himself distance from the others, too confused, and perhaps too shamed to face any of them.

On Friday, however, something that seemed unusual happened. They were given a permission slip to have signed by their guardians to go on something called a 'field trip'. Whatever it was, it got the class excited, so he figured it was best to go to the dojo to get it signed. He couldn't waste any time though, as he only had until Monday. As soon as school was let out, he went to his apartment, grabbing his green duffel bag. Filling it with water and some food, he set off on his trip.

Walking through the busy city was itself an adventure. He almost got lost a few times, which was detrimental to his end goal. After a good three hours, he was able to find his way to the woods and head to his mountain home. He traveled through the thick greenery for the rest of the day, the moon high in the sky when he finally decided to stop. Leaning against a tree, he closed his eyes, his body too exhausted to wander that night.

The next morning, he woke at dawn, making up his mind that he would make it to the dojo by noon. He headed deeper into the woods, stretching as he walked. The sun was rising above the trees when he found himself at the base of the mountain. He smiled as he looked up it. Most people would be deterred by the sheer height of the mountain, but for Terro, this was a daily climb.

By noon, he made it to the dojo, smiling to himself as the familiar building filled his sight. He walked through the courtyard, past the students who were honing their bodies and sharpening their minds. No, instead, he went to his grandfather, the master of this dojo. The man, despite being old, something his grey hair and beard gave away was the pinnacle of health, towering over everyone with a body lined with muscle and scars of past battles.

"Terro, my boy!" He called out as he spotted the young martial artist. "It's good to see you! It's hardly been a week though. Are you homesick already?"

"No, no, nothing like that, grandpa," Terro said, hugging the massive man. "I just came because I need a 'permission slip' signed for a 'field trip',"

"Oh, your first official field trip! How exciting!" The old man released his grip on the young man. He took the sheet of paper from Terro, looking over it before signing it with a pen a student provided. "Is there anything else you need? Some tea, perhaps? Or some training? I'm more than willing to give you a quick lesson!" Terro chuckled slightly. His grandpa's attitude brightened his spirits. 

"Sorry grandpa," He replied. "But I'd like to get back to the city before Sunday night, so I can rest," He rubbed the back of his head. "Sorry to literally visit and run, but...,"

"No, no, it's quite alright," His old man stated before slapping him on the back. "Now go! Become a hero!" With that encouragement, Terro headed off back to the city. It was a long journey, but he did return by Sunday afternoon, and took the rest of the day to rest.

Monday morning, Terro had walked in the classroom, placing his paper on top of the other sheets. That simple act done, he went to his desk in the back silently, sitting at the desk and wrestling with his doubts all over again.

s06t3UC.png

His daydreaming was interrupted when he felt something tapping on his shoulder. "Huh?" Lazily, he glanced up to Sayuri, who had a whiteboard on her hand. "For me?" He yawned as he grabbed the whiteboard. On it was some sort of diagram, which he would eventually realize was Sayuri's foot. "Why would she...oh yeah." He had just remembered that he had asked her about her shoe situation earlier. He hadn't actually expected an answer, but was pleasantly surprised to get one, especially one this detailed. "Oooh, ok. Yeah, that makes sense" He spoke quietly to her, returning the whiteboard. A random thought entered Isami's head. "Do they teach sign language here?"

Eventually, Suna spoke about their results. "Now...I bet you're all wondering who came in first on the test. Aaron, Isami, Sayuri, and Ichiro have all scored the highest, with Aaron proving to have a slight lead above all the others." Isami's eyes it up at hearing that. "Highest scores?!" He was really surprised, having not ever really been one of the top in class. Needless to say, Isami was excited. "Isami and Sayuri barely made top 4, due to their winning the game of chicken. Nonetheless, I am impressed." Isami turned to Sayuri. "We did it!" He extended both of his hands for a double high five. Suna went on to talk about the other students, and before he knew it class was over. The rest of the week had been relatively less exciting than the first day, consisting of basic hero classes and quizzes. That is, until the last day, when the students received a permission slip for a field trip. 

x393wz.jpg

"I'm home!" Isami excitedly walked into his house, a permission slip in his hand. "Welcome home bro." Surprisingly, he was greeted by his sister instead of his parents - usually it was the other way around, as Kawako was usually at work as a hero. Still, Isami was happy to hear the sound of his sister's voice call from the kitchen. He immediately ran up to her as she made her way towards the door. "Well aren't you happy!" She remarked, brushing her hair off of her face. "C'mon, I made us lunch." Nodding, he followed her.

As they ate, Isami talked about the first day of class and how he managed to score one of the highest in his class. The conversation moved from how he was doing in class to her heroics. Eventually, though, the conversation moved to something else. "Oh right, I got this permission slip for a field trip!" He showed her the slip he had brought from school. "Oh? Heh, I remember when I had my first field trip..." She seemed to be reminiscing of her old days at the school as she signed the slip. "Here you go!" Just as she handed the slip back, Isami's parents came home. The family started talking together before Kawako received a call, having to return to heroing.

x393wz.jpg

The next day at class, Isami gleefully placed his slip among the other slips before going to his seat. He turned his head to the window and took in the scenery. "Man, the clouds are really pretty today..." It didn't take him too long to get lost in his own little world, as he usually does.

h1v7t2f.png

"Now...I bet you're all wondering who came in first on the test. Aaron, Isami, Sayuri, and Ichiro have all scored the highest, with Aaron proving to have a slight lead above all the others."

"Highest scores?!"

"Isami and Sayuri barely made top 4, due to their winning the game of chicken. Nonetheless, I am impressed."

"We did it!"

Yes we did! Sayuri turned, and returned Isami's raised hands with the double-high-five he seemed to be aiming for. She sat back down in her desk, grabbing a sketch pad and pencil from her bag and setting it on her desk. She listened loosely to the rest of what Suna had to say, glancing out the window often and particularly focusing on a tree she could see from her seat. Throughout the course of the day, a few scattered lines on the page were turning into the tree in careful detail. For most, the sketch was probably a clearer image of the tree than they could see from the classroom. Over the rest of the school week, she sketched up other things with her spare time. A grassy hill, a frog, a wolf cub, and her personal favorite, a bat. And just like that, the school week was over, and students had been given permission slips for a field trip.

...what am I supposed to do with this?

...and that's what happened. On a computer screen in front of Sayuri was a chatroom. Or rather, a video chat, with a bar for text chat on the side. It made communicating way easier than signing or writing it all out. Sayuri reached for the permission slip - left on a sorry little excuse for a desk - and held it up in front of the screen for her parents to see. They seemed to take a bit to read it, before her mother spoke first.

"Sayuri, dear, we don't have to sign that you know."

Eh!? But I'm sure everyone else is going! It would suck to be at school alone, right!?

"That's not what she means," Sayuri's father said. "You're living in your very own dorm now, right? You are your legal guardian. And if that's not good enough for UA, they can call us and we can grant permission like that."

I see :O got it. I'll sign this myself then. Thank you. I should probably get myself some dinner now. Bye.

"Be safe out there, sweetie!"

Sayuri watched as the video before her cut off. The call was over. ...I still didn't tell them I don't want to be a hero.

iU8EggM.png

And then Monday came. As Sayuri shoved the last of a rather meaty hamburger into her mouth and down her throat, she stepped outside onto U.A.'s impressive campus once again. After the overwhelmingly noisy first day, it had all been pretty quiet, which was a change Sayuri welcomed. She made her way to the classroom for 1-A, put her permission slip - signed with her own name - on Suna's desk, then took her seat in front of Isami, by the window. Isami was already here. Neat. Sayuri grabbed her trusty whiteboard, wrote some words down on it, then tapped Isami's shoulder with the whiteboard of wonders once again. No doodles this time. Just words.

Good morning. It's been nice and warm lately hasn't it?

lmHWTAK.png

The rest of the school week after the first day had been surprisingly normal. Had Asuka underestimated how grueling the classes for UA were going to be? She'd imagined every day being one where she'd stumble back through the front door of her godmother's house barely able to stand on her two feet. Instead, it was pretty easy stuff besides the first day tests. As she entered her residence that Friday, permission slip in hand, she was greeted with a warm welcome. "Welcome back, Asuka! How was school?"

"Still a bit underwhelming," Asuka answered. "I'd imagined UA being a lot stricter with its classes, and that the classwork would be so much harder. I'm starting to think its major selling point is its security."

"Oh yeah? And what's that you got in your hand?"

"Oh this? It's...GAH!" Asuka's eyes drifted up to her godmother, to find a monster of an eye sticking out the back of her head, looking at the permission slip Asuka was holding. "Please don't use that Quirk, Hitomi! It's really creepy!"

"Yeah yeah," the woman - Hitomi - obliged, as the eye retracted back into her head, and she turned to face Asuka. "So, what is it?"

"It's a permission slip for a school trip. Please sign here."

"Field trip eh? I remember my first high school trip. It seems like yesterday your mother had her first trip. Shame I wasn't in U.A. with her for it. Crazy how time flies, isn't it?"

"Y-Yeah..."

Once Monday came about, Asuka aimed to promptly and precisely get to UA...but found herself sidetracked. It wasn't a single major thing, so much as convincing herself she had time to do so many minor things between home and school. As she hurried onto the schoolgrounds, passing the wolfgirl she recognized from her class, Asuka ran through, bound for 1-A. Still on time. Asuka slowed her pace as she got up to the second floor, taking on a more casual walking pace as she entered the classroom. Seemed a few other students had already gotten here before her. No big deal, as long as she wasn't late. Asuka placed her permission slip - delicately signed - on the teacher's desk, then went to her own desk, and sat down, ready for whatever the field trip would bring.

8tOKosA.jpg?1

Ino waited patiently as the classroom filled up with her peers.  She managed to smile at every single one that came in, waving subtly so that they would subconsciously see it out of the corner of their eyes.  This week had been rather boring, but getting to hangout with people like her was more fun than she had ever had in years!  Creed took his seat right beside her.  Ino grinned as the boy turned to her.

“Hey, Cell Phone, do you like sweet foods? There’s this café a couple kilometers away from here, and their parfait is insanely sweet. I thought it might be something you’d like.”

Ino's face turned a bright red, as she started to vibrate, causing her desk to make quite the ruckus as the metal clanked continuously against the ground.

"C-C-C-Creed!  It's the sec-sec-second week of school!  You can't ask a girl out so s-sud-suddenly!"  She smacked her hands against her face, and peeked out from in between her fingers, steam practically escaping from the gaps.  "You're too bold for your own good..."  Of course the boy had no idea the impact of his words on a girl who had lived in japan her whole life.  These kinds of statements were big deals...especially a one on one with a boy her age!  "Uhm....Oka-"

Hey Creed! Hey Mike! How’s was y’all’s weekend? Ready for the field trip today?”

"Y'all?  American's are weird..."  It was the perfect cover!  Ino wouldn't have to commit if Creed was too busy talking to Aaron!  Although, Ino was a bit offended that she wasn't greeted the same way as the boys were.  She puffed out her cheeks a little bit in protest, but did so to the side, as not to draw attention back to herself.  Ino looked around to see if she could find anyone else to talk to when her eyes met Asuka's.  She dashed over to her and grasped her hands, vibrating them.  "Help!"  She cried, her eyes pleading to Asuka's soul.  "Creed just asked me out on a date!  What do I do?!  Do I make an earthquake happen at that cafe or..."  She stopped vibrating for a moment.  "Oh...How was your weekend?!"  She said with a smile.  

x393wz.jpg

hNqzNzP.jpg?1

Gin came into class behind all the others, but that had been the case for the entire week leading up to now.  He hadn't spoken to a soul during any class.  All he could do was smolder in his seat, and stare out the window.  It wasn't his fault that the tests weren't totally suited towards his quirk...but that was the test of a true hero wasn't it?  He couldn't help but ditch that idea...it made him seem like he wasn't smart enough to adapt to a situation.  That strategy he tried to use...cutting up the ground to make his opponents trip up...it was the best he could think of without killing them...but it wasn't good enough.  

Gin finally made it to his desk, his permission slip floating onto their teacher's desk.  He put his backpack on the chair, and looked at it in anger.  His fist curled, as it could be seen turning a bright red.  He raised it in the air and turned towards the class.  It would've been the first time he spoke in a week.  

"Last week was a fluke!  You're all mincemeat, you hear!"  He said, his fist shaking.  "Tch..."  His fist seemed to steam off, as he shoved it into his pocket.  He looked to the earth kid...or Terro...whatever his name was.  It wasn't important.  He skulked up towards the kid and stopped directly in front of his desk.  Gin took his hand out of his pocket to raise a finger at Terro.  

"You know kid...you've got some nerve..."  His teeth were grinding.  "Beating me...and then giving up?  I hate your guts...If I wasn't aiming to be the top hero...you would've been full of holes on the spot."  

F7eoyPD.jpg

One by one the students started piling in, and Ichiro finally saw Terro walking in and making his way towards his desk. He was originally going to write it off, but he suddenly felt his phone vibrate. Pulling it out and he saw that it was a message from Rei.

"Hey bro. Don't forget to thank that classmate of yours. You've been meaning to do that, and yet you haven't. And don't lie...I know you better."

Ichiro sighed as he looked at the message, before putting it away in his pocket. It seemed like either divine intervention with that message, or just Rei really wanting to break him out of this box he's locked himself in. Either way...Ichiro figured he might want to just do it so Rei will be happy.

"Hey....Terro." Ichiro said, getting up and making his way towards the green gi'ed student. He rubbed the back of his neck and sighed a little. "Listen, I haven't said this yet and I know it's been a couple of days since the first day of class, but..." His glance went from the student, to the floor, to the window and then back at the student. "Thanks."

However, before he got a proper response from the earth controlling student, he walked in...

-BGM-

"Last week was a fluke!  You're all mincemeat, you hear!"

Jeez...could he be any louder? Ichiro asked, glancing at Gin before returning back towards Terro...only to have this psycho approach Terro's desk as well.

"You know kid...you've got some nerve... Beating me...and then giving up? I hate your guts...If I wasn't aiming to be the top hero...you would've been full of holes on the spot."

It seemed that Gin was obviously still salty about the whole ordeal that occurred on the first day of class. Ichiro only rubbed his neck some more, doing his best to keep quie-

"Hey, lay off him." ...what the hell was he thinking?

Gin's head whipped to the side of Terro's desk, noticing Ichiro, apparently the one who said something and just completely looking nonchalantly away from him. Ohhhh this guy...THIS GUY!

"Eh? Ya wanna run that by me again, kid?"

Ichiro was silent for a few moments, before sighing. There was no way he was going to say anything aga- "I said to lay off him." He opened his mouth again...what the hell was wrong with him today?!

"You have some nerve." Gin glared daggers at Ichiro.

Ichiro only shrugged a bit and looked at Terro, before glancing at Gin. "He did what he thought was best. You can't fault him for that. Now...lay off him." he said, before immediately feeling Gin gripping his shirt collar. Ooooohhhh what a fantastic can of worms he just opened!!!

"Kid...your reeeeeeaaaaally trying my damn patience." Gin's teeth began to grind badly now, as he gripped Ichiro's shirt collar.

"Hey....Terro." Terro looked up to see Ichiro standing before him. He rubbed the back of his neck and sighed a little. "Listen, I haven't said this yet and I know it's been a couple of days since the first day of class, but..." His glance went from the student, to the floor, to the window and then back at the student. "Thanks." Terro clenched his fist slightly. He had something he had to say, but before he could respond...

"Last week was a fluke!  You're all mincemeat, you hear!" Terro heard Gin say. It seemed last week was eating him as well. He couldn't blame him. Last week shook Terro to the core, made him question his morals... maybe Gin went though the same thing...

"You know kid...you've got some nerve..."  Gin was directly talking to him, his teeth were grinding.  "Beating me...and then giving up?  I hate your guts...If I wasn't aiming to be the top hero...you would've been full of holes on the spot."  Yeah, no, that didn't happen after all. Terro stood up, ready to talk back, however...

"Hey, lay off him." Terro looked up to see Ichiro trying to defend him. Well, seeing that was not what he was expecting to see. He could tell there was going to escalate to a full on argument. As the two argued, he walked over to the window, opening it up. 

"Eh? Ya wanna run that by me again, kid?"

"I said to lay off him."

"You have some nerve." Gin glared daggers at Ichiro.

"He did what he thought was best. You can't fault him for that. Now...lay off him." he said, before immediately being grabbed by Gin.

"Kid...your reeeeeeaaaaally trying my damn patience." Gin's teeth began to grind badly now, as he gripped Ichiro's shirt collar. 

"And you are trying mine," Terro growled, reaching out and grabbing both of Gin's hands, using his strength from years of martial arts to squeeze them as hard as he could without crushing them. If Gin was to look over, he could see that Terro had made a spire of earth, it hovering over his shoulder, its very sharp tip pointed at Gin, spinning in place like a drill. "I don't know what your problem is, but I admit I was wrong for beating you easily, like it was nothing, without using even a percent of my power, and giving up to Isami and Sayuri," He stated, rubbing salt into Gin's wounds. He didn't care, as long as the heat was taken off Ichiro and directed to him instead. "I was raised with the belief that I shouldn't abuse my strength, and harm those weaker than me. I was arrogant in just assuming they were weaker, and that was my mistake," He shook his head.

"As for you becoming number one, I don't give a damn about that. Nor do I give a damn about becoming it myself. I'm going to become the best hero I can be, to help people the best I can, even if I don't get the recognition. I'll do what's right because it is, not to become number one," With that, he sent the spire back out the window, returning to the earth where it came from and letting go of Gin's hands, heading back to his seat. Saying all that out loud... helped him focused. A lot of his doubts were washed away, and he felt as if he had a bit of a better idea of what he had to do. It didn't mean his path was clear, but he probably be able to focus now.

MX55gTQ.png

Ino became flushed with red when Creed asked her about the café. "C-C-C-Creed! It's the sec-sec-second week of school! You can't ask a girl out so s-sud-suddenly!" She buried her face in her hands from embarrassment. “You’re too bold for your own good…”

Her response was initially met with confusion from Creed. ‘Wait, did I ask her out? I was—ohh, I see.’ Things were different here in Japan. Being the son of two Pro Heroes gave him a certain level of prestige and fame, making people treat him a lot differently than they would out here. Even though Velocity and Barrier Princess were top level heroes in the states, out here in Japan they were relatively unknown unless you studied foreign heroes. Normally, Creed would spend most of his time outside of school hanging out with friends and acquaintances. Here in Japan, he didn’t have such a luxury. Outside of U.A., he filled his time playing games mostly, or wandering around and finding local establishments, such as the café.

“Well, it’s not exactly— “

“Hey Creed! Hey Mike! How was y’all’s weekend? Ready for the field trip today?” Creed was interrupted by a distinctly American accent. Aaron had entered the classroom, and was trying to enter Creed and Ino’s conversation. Creed looked toward Ino, who had turned around to face Asuka, who had seated herself at about the same time. Creed stared at Asuka for a couple seconds, nearly looking through her, until he turned around to face Aaron.

“It was fine, I guess.” Creed’s weekend was mostly uneventful, except for nearly rotting his teeth out from the café sweets.

"Last week was a fluke! You're all mincemeat, you hear!" Gin announced his appearance. Creed couldn’t help but burst into laughter, leaning back in his chair until it was precariously resting on the edge of the desk behind him. Gin nearly started a fight with Ichiro and Terro, and while that would have been fun to watch, Terro managed to diffuse the situation in a way that made Creed laugh even more. Terro pointing a massive rock with an incredibly sharp point to threaten Gin into calming down was Creed’s favorite event of the day.

Gin being there, however, reminded Creed of something else. Putting all four legs of his chair back on the ground, he slid sideways then backwards until he was right next to Asuka. Ino seemed to be done talking, so Creed leaned in unnecessarily close to Asuka, nearly pushing her out of her chair.

“So, I looked up some things over the weekend. Curious question, but does the name ‘Bloodstone’ mean anything to you?”

Mike

The other students began to roll in. Mike, in his boredom of waiting, had started doodling in his notebook. Of course, nothing of what he was drawing looked particularly great as a work of art, but a frequent subject of his drawings were of what his costume was going to look like, each based off the costume of a hero named "Star Blaster" in a popular franchise back west, but not one that Mike had seen any sort of representation of in Japan.

Mike wasn't paying terribly much attention to the other students as they entered and began talking, feeling slightly discouraged once again that he didn't have the guts to talk to anyone. Gin was, once again, causing a ruckus but seemed to be pretty quickly shot down by Terro and Ichiro. Creed seemed to be asking Ino out, who was freaking out over the prospect. The result vibrations caused Mike to mess up his drawing, and now he had just lost his excuse for not talking to anyone.

"I- I think he just wants to hang out as friends, Ino," Mike offered sheepishly as Creed seemed to freak out on his own at the idea of asking someone out. Does she even know my name yet?

“Hey Creed! Hey Mike! How was y’all’s weekend? Ready for the field trip today?” Aaron asked, approaching the group.

"Y'all?  American's are weird..." Ino said, and Mike snorted a bit. Ino then dashed over to Asuka, who just entered, and desperately asked what to do now that Creed had asked her out. Mike sighed, but still kinda laughed.

“It was fine, I guess,” Creed answered.

"Not bad, not much going on," Mike chipped in. You also spent most of Saturday watching local cartoons and eating cereal you dork.

Creed seemed to leave the conversation quickly, and leaned over to Asuka. Mike couldn't really make out what he was saying, but he did catch the word "Bloodstone". While Bloodstone was an infamous villain in Japan, Mike had not heard anything of who she was.

"What's a bloodstone?" Mike asked naively, before his brain had a chance to stop him.

s06t3UC.png

As he was staring into a particularly blue bird flying through the air, he felt someone tapping on his shoulders. Looking forward, he noticed that Sayuri - and, for that matter, some of the other students - had taken their seat. In her hands was her trusty whiteboard, which had been written on with red. Good morning. It's been nice and warm lately hasn't it? Isami nodded "Yeah! The weather has been really nice recently - perfect for laying in the grass." He glanced outside the window again. "I wonder what our field trip is gonna..."

"Last week was a fluke! You're all mincemeat, you hear!" Isami nearly jumped as Gin shouted from behind him. He turned to see Gin, whose fist seemed to be smoking. "You know kid...you've got some nerve..." To make matters worse, he seemed to be going after the new kid. Isami watched as the events unfolded between the two and Ichiro, who had stepped in to defend the new kid. "Woah..." Isami couldn't help but let a gasp of amazement as the new kid stood up to Gin, ducking to make sure the rock spire he had made didn't hit him. He turned back to Sayuri. "Did you see that? That was so cool! He sounded like a real hero." He looked outside of the window, noticing the blue bird from earlier. "I wish I could talk like that...like my sister does." He turned back to Sayuri with a goofy smile. "I guess that's why we're here though, right?"

Archived