Hero Academia: Rise Above Max Omega! [My Hero Academia RP/Co-Hosted by Chaos Sonic and Yui/pg-13/IC/NA]

Mr. Hyde

lmHWTAK.png

"Help!"

Asuka was suddenly met with the vibrating girl, Ino. Ino grasped Asuka's hands with her own, causing them to vibrate. Asuka was still getting used to that type of sensation. It was a little nauseating, if Asuka were being perfectly blunt about it. How this girl managed to do that across her entire body all the time and not throw up baffled Asuka now that she was thinking about it.

"Creed just asked me out on a date! What do I do?! Do I make an earthquake happen at that cafe or..." And then the vibrating stopped. "Oh...How was your weekend?!"

"Average," Asuka answered like it was the simplest question in the world. "As for your date, don't start an earthquake. Somebody may get hurt, and there would be property damage to deal with. You could always turn him down if you don't want to go; just try to let him down gently." She wasn't really curious about the juicy details - what two other students did was none of her business, after all - but not long after she answered the question, the man in question showed up at her desk too. Asuka sure was popular today. However, Creed's question turned out to be of a far more serious nature than Ino's. He was also uncomfortably close to Asuka.

“So, I looked up some things over the weekend. Curious question, but does the name ‘Bloodstone’ mean anything to you?”

And this was not how she wanted to start her day. Asuka paid no mind to the ruckus Gin was causing; she couldn't, being faced with a question like that out of the blue. No, don't panic. It's not like he can prove anything. I just have to play dumb, right? Shaking her hands free of Ino's, Asuka slapped a big - obviously fake - smile on her face, and rolled up her sleeves. As a pair of crystals emerged from her forearms, Asuka pointed to the newly-formed crystals, and answered "Oh, like these? Sorry Creed, these aren't bloodstones. They aren't rubies either. It's just salt, water, and a bit of blood; they're totally worthless to anyone but me. That's why I always keep plenty of water bottles handy; so I don't dehydrate myself with my Quirk. Were you planning to get rich off my Quirk by selling precious gemstones? What a greedy boy! Aah-ha-ha-ha-ha!"

This boy is going to be troublesome, isn't he?

h1v7t2f.png

"Yeah! The weather has been really nice recently - perfect for laying in the grass."

Sayuri nodded in agreement. With that, she took her whiteboard back, just in time for Gin to start trouble. He'd been pretty quiet after the tests in the gym, almost as much as Sayuri. She'd started thinking maybe he was just having a bad day when school started, but the confrontation between him and Terro was convincing Sayuri otherwise real quick.

"Kid...you're reeeeeeaaaaally trying my damn patience."

"And you are trying mine I don't know what your problem is, but I admit I was wrong for beating you easily, like it was nothing, without using even a percent of my power, and giving up to Isami and Sayuri. I was raised with the belief that I shouldn't abuse my strength, and harm those weaker than me. I was arrogant in just assuming they were weaker, and that was my mistake As for you becoming number one, I don't give a damn about that. Nor do I give a damn about becoming it myself. I'm going to become the best hero I can be, to help people the best I can, even if I don't get the recognition. I'll do what's right because it is, not to become number one,"

"Woah... Did you see that? That was so cool! He sounded like a real hero. I wish I could talk like that...like my sister does. I guess that's why we're here though, right?"

Sayuri nodded again, though she hesitated a bit this time. I'm just getting deeper and deeper into this. If I don't say something soon... Sayuri erased her previous words from the whiteboard, and started writing again. Once she was done, she turned to face Isami again, whiteboard in her hands.

Actually, I'm here because my parents want me to be a hero like them. I'm more interested in being a manga artist, but I didn't want to upset them by telling them I didn't want to be a hero.

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MX55gTQ.png

While Creed leaned in on Asuka with both the weight of his question and his own body weight, she formed a very unconvincing smile on her face. It was clear that Creed’s question meant something to her, but it’d probably be very uphill to try to draw it out of her. He wouldn’t have started off so bluntly if he had planned to interrogate her. If she did have a relation to Bloodstone, she definitely knew where he was trying to go in the conversation. If not, well it still wouldn’t hurt to keep trying.

Asuka rolled up her sleeves and generated a pair of her signature crystals from her arms. “Oh, like these? Sorry Creed, these aren’t bloodstones. They aren’t rubies either. It’s just salt, water, and a bit of blood; they’re totally worthless to anyone but me. That’s why I always keep plenty of water bottles handy, so I don’t dehydrate myself with my Quirk. Were you planning to get rich off my Quirk by selling precious gemstones? What a greedy boy!” Asuka laughed nervously, which gave away her obvious discomfort.

“Well, if they’re crystals with your blood in them, doesn’t that technically make them ‘bloodstones?’ Well, anyway, I’m not particularly interested in making money off of you; I’m pretty well off on my own. Thanks for the offer, though.” Creed maintained his position, continuing to lean on her. He continued his questioning, “But still, your Quirk did seem vaguely familiar when I first saw it in the gym. At first, I thought ‘Oh hey, maybe she’s related to my aunt Diamond! That would make us cousins!’ She controls gemstones. Rubies, sapphires, pearls, amethysts. Diamonds, for her namesake. The whole bunch. But based on how you told me your Quirk functions, it’s more likely that Terro over there is my cousin instead.” Creed took his weight off the girl, and backed up a little bit. He leaned forward, resting his arms on his knees, and began holding eye contact with Asuka. “Did you know that this thing is a lie detector?” He motioned to the small device in his right ear, “It can detect when someone is lying to me. Well, it really just detects nervous patterns, but the two go hand in hand, so if it goes off when someone’s talking, they’re probably not telling the truth.” Creed maintained a completely straight face, without breaking eye contact.

Polygraph devices were incredibly common back in America, though they were used much less in Japan. It wasn’t rare for someone to be wearing a polygraph device to detect lies. However, Creed was not wearing one. It was actually an instant translation device, which assisted him in learning and speaking Japanese when he first moved. At this point, he was fluent enough that he didn’t need it all the time, but he still wore it just in case. It happened to come in handy here.

Creed leaned back in towards Asuka, sitting on the very edge of his seat. He didn’t make contact this time, but their faces were only centimeters apart. “Anyway, my research brought me to a particular name. You wouldn’t happen to know who Bloodstone is, would you?”

s06t3UC.png

Isami waited as Sayuri wrote on her whiteboard, before reading the message she had written on it. Actually, I'm here because my parents want me to be a hero like them. I'm more interested in being a manga artist, but I didn't want to upset them by telling them I didn't want to be a hero. "O-Oh" He simply said, not expecting that kind of response from her. "W-Well, have you told them yet?" He asked, although he had a sinking feeling he knew the answer already. He coughed awkwardly before continuing, not waiting for a response. "If you haven't, I...think it's a good idea." He scratched the side of his head nervously. "Even if they don't come around at first, I'm sure they'll see it from your point of view...eventually..." He let out another awkward cough, which was followed by a brief moment of silence. "S-So, uh..." He began, trying to change the conversation. "You said you draw manga, right? Well, if you ever need a good place to draw scenery...or, you know, just hang out and talk and stuff...there's this really nice area right in front of the school!" He pointed to a relatively large tree as a bird flew out of a nest perched right on it. "I usually just lay around there during Lunch and let my mind wander, since the weather's been pretty nice. Maybe you'll get inspired by stuff...or something." He shrugged.

hNqzNzP.jpg?1

"I don't know what your problem is, but I admit I was wrong for beating you easily, like it was nothing, without using even a percent of my power, and giving up to Isami and Sayuri,"  Terro had gripped him by the shirt, the kid's strength was more than enough to lift Gin's frame slightly up.  Subsequently, Gin noticed that a spire of earth had started rotating behind him.  The statement made Gin's teeth grind.  If his Quirk wasn't so damn lethal, this kid would surely have bit the dust before him.  It was a fluke.  It was a tilted test.  That was all.  "I was raised with the belief that I shouldn't abuse my strength, and harm those weaker than me. I was arrogant in just assuming they were weaker, and that was my mistake.  As for you becoming number one, I don't give a damn about that. Nor do I give a damn about becoming it myself. I'm going to become the best hero I can be, to help people the best I can, even if I don't get the recognition. I'll do what's right because it is, not to become number one,"

The spire returned to the earth from whence it came, as Terro let loose his grip.  Gin eyed Terro even harder than before, with more animosity than he had shown Ichiro.  

"Threatening me with your Quirk?  And people said I don't have the attitude of a hero."  Gin smiled, as he brushed himself off.  Some of the dirt from the spire had landed on his school uniform.  "If it had been a real fight...an even one on one...you wouldn't stand a chance against me, idiot!"  Gin configured his hand into the general shape of a pistol once more, before pointing it at Terro.  "You can try to be as heroic as you want, but in the end, I'll be at the top of the chain.  I'll make sure you never graduate from this academy!  You'll never earn a dime in the hero industry!"  Gin started to snicker.  "Your Quirk is pathetic...any simpleton could use it...I bet quirkless wouldn't even want that excuse for a Quirk!"  Gin let his finger gun go off, acting as if recoil had affected his arm.  "Mine...it's one of a kind.  I'll be the top dog around here soon enough...while you'll be begging for scraps in the gutter!"

8tOKosA.jpg?1

Ino had made an effort to get away from Creed for the moment, but the boy continued to insert himself into her space, now talking to Asuka.  She heard Creed mention the name, Bloodstone, as Ino's ears perked up at the mere mention.  

"What's a bloodstone?"

Ino gasped, slightly.  

"You mean...you don't know?"  Of course he didn't...he wasn't from Japan after all.  She shook her head, before running up to Mike's desk, and slamming her shaking hands on his desk.  "Bloodstone...is a vicious villain in Japan!  Her ruthlessness knows no bounds!  She's practically at the top of the Hero Association's Most Wanted list!"  Ino's hands continued to vibrate, as she looked at Mike.  "Let's just say...you wouldn't want to meet her in a dark alley at night!"  Ino then turned back to Creed, before smacking him on the back, her vibrations sending shockwaves along his skin.  

"And you!"  she said, placing her hands on her hips.  "You shouldn't assume people are related if they have similar quirks!  Especially a villain as nasty as Bloodstone!"  She continued to smack the boy on the back.  "That is totally disrespectful, and uncalled for!  You should apologize!"  She would stop smacking Creed, as soon as he apologized.  "Geez...don't you American's have a saying about assuming?  American's sure don't have manners..."  She looked to Asuka and started to shake her head.  "There's no way a girl like you could be related to that monster!  I'm sure of it!"  Ino gave off a bright smile towards Asuka, full of benefit of the doubt

F7eoyPD.jpg

Xvignette_zps578dff7a.png

"I was raised with the belief that I shouldn't abuse my strength, and harm those weaker than me. I was arrogant in just assuming they were weaker, and that was my mistake. As for you becoming number one, I don't give a damn about that. Nor do I give a damn about becoming it myself. I'm going to become the best hero I can be, to help people the best I can, even if I don't get the recognition. I'll do what's right because it is, not to become number one."

Ichiro was a bit surprised that Terro went to such lengths like this. To be honest, he had it all under control, at least he thought he did. Still, it was pretty impressive the way he shut Gin up like that. Even if it was for a few moments.

"Threatening me with your Quirk?  And people said I don't have the attitude of a hero. If it had been a real fight...an even one on one...you wouldn't stand a chance against me, idiot! You can try to be as heroic as you want, but in the end, I'll be at the top of the chain. I'll make sure you never graduate from this academy! You'll never earn a dime in the hero industry!"

That definitely didn't sound hero-like at all, as Ichiro just stared at Gin through the whole time he spoke. Is everything to this guy a competition? he thought, beginning to rub the back of his neck some, hearing Gin speak again...but this time he listened intently.

"Your Quirk is pathetic...any simpleton could use it...I bet Quirkless wouldn't even want that excuse for a Quirk! Mine...it's one of a kind. I'll be the top dog around here soon enough...while you'll be begging for scraps in the gutter!"

Ichiro felt his hand tightening in his fist when he heard this. He was just going to let the conversation drop, but he HAD to talk back now. "Alright, first off Gin..." he said, finally staring at the edgelord. "Terro's Quirk is actually pretty interesting. The fact that you think your Izanagi's gift to the world with your one of a kind Quirk just shows how far you are. Suna-sensei even said it at day one. Your only thinking about the Quirk you have and not the big picture of others. Hell...you might've actually worked up a strategy by assessing the Quirks out there. Cause out of the group, I think Sayuri and Isami did the better job with playing the long game."

Taking a small breath and moving his hand down from his neck and into his pocket, he could notice Gin pretty steaming mad now. "Second...don't talk about the Quirkless. Even if someone is without a Quirk, they are the most amazing people I've seen. Are they scared of those with Quirks, who wouldn't be? But it doesn't give you the right to view their value as people who wouldn't want a simple Quirk." He turned around and faced Terro, obviously done looking at Gin, only continuing to speak to him. "Besides, if THIS is the type of hero being raised here...maybe it'd be better if I was Quirkless like my brother. At least I'd be a better hero than you."

He started walking off, not wanting to see Gin steaming mad or being really "kind" at keeping his rage in check. Ichiro only glanced at Terro, shrugging. "Me sticking up for you, that was sort of my payment for the first day....buuuuuuuut looks like I have another payment I gotta deal with, since you stepped in there."

MX55gTQ.png

While Creed was making Asuka very uncomfortable, Mike had eavesdropped a bit on the conversation. “What’s a bloodstone?” he asked.

Creed wanted to go over to explain to him what a literal bloodstone was, but he was preoccupied. Ino went over instead to explain Bloodstone to him. “You mean… you don’t know? Bloodstone is a vicious villain in Japan! Her ruthlessness knows no bounds! She’s practically at the top of the Hero Association’s Most Wanted list! Let’s just say you wouldn’t want to meet her in a dark alley at night!” Ino’s explanation sounded more like she was a PR agent trying to market Bloodstone as her client. It was almost as if Ino belonged in U.A.’s Management courses instead. Granted, Creed didn’t actually know too much about Bloodstone. The only information he had was what his dad told him on Friday.

Creed’s “interrogation” was quickly interrupted by Ino. After her little Bloodstone advertisement, Ino walked back up to Creed, building up vibrations in her hands which at this point had become audible. She hit Creed in the back as hard as she could, sending her vibrations along his spine. It wasn’t very painful, as much as it was just plain uncomfortable.

“And you!” Creed flinched a little from being hit, but didn’t break eye contact with Asuka. “You shouldn’t assume people are related if they have similar quirks! Especially a villain as nasty as Bloodstone!” Ino’s assaults continued, while Creed struggled to ignore it. “That is totally disrespectful, and uncalled for! You should apologize! Geez… don’t you Americans have a saying about assuming? Americans sure don’t have manners.” Ino struck him again, and then turned to Asuka. “There’s no way a girl like you could be related to that monster! I’m sure of it!”

At this point, Creed stood up and put his arm around Ino. Using his weight to push her around, he moved her back towards her seat as he talked. “Now Cell Phone, when did I say anything about her having any relation to Bloodstone?” They stopped when Ino was standing right up against her chair. “I’m just asking some innocent questions, that’s all.” Creed moved back to stand behind Asuka, now folding his arms and resting on her head. “Besides, even if she were related to the villainous Bloodstone, that wouldn’t make that much of a difference to us, would it? We’re her friends, aren’t we? Creed pinched Asuka’s cheeks. “You’re so right, Cell Phone. There’s no way a girl like this could be like the heartless, cold-blooded Bloodstone. Look at her!” He squeezed her face, pushing her cheeks together to look like a fish, and held her for Ino to see. “Does this look like the face of a mass murderer to you?”

There was a slight pause in everything for about half a second where no one in the group moved. Creed let go of Asuka’s face and gave her back her personal space. His tone became less sarcastically sweet, and dropped to completely serious. His face returned to the straight face he had while asking Asuka questions. He sat back down and lowered his voice to a level like a low whisper. “My own father is a high-ranking villain in the US. My mother insisted I move to Japan to be able to escape the stigma of having a parent turned evil. When I saw your similarities to… her… I thought I could have found someone who would understand what I had to go through. You’d understand, right?”

Creed was lying, again, but Asuka wasn’t going to know that. Unless she studied American heroes in her pastime, there was a minimal chance of her figuring him out. ‘I’m going to have to call my old man later and tell him he’s a villain now. He’ll be fine, it’s not like he’s got a reputation to uphold out here, anyway.’

Creed’s voice raised again, back to his initial volume. “Anyway, there’s this café a few kilometers away from here. I asked Cell Phone if she wanted to go check it out, but she didn’t give me an answer yet. I don’t know how much you like sweets, but it’s on me if you’d like to tag along.”

lmHWTAK.png

“Well, if they’re crystals with your blood in them, doesn’t that technically make them ‘bloodstones?’ Well, anyway, I’m not particularly interested in making money off of you; I’m pretty well off on my own. Thanks for the offer, though.”

Creed then leaned on Asuka even more. Personal space please. This is getting even more uncomfortable. Creed's questioning didn't stop with his mass invasion of Asuka's personal space either. He kept going.

“But still, your Quirk did seem vaguely familiar when I first saw it in the gym. At first, I thought ‘Oh hey, maybe she’s related to my aunt Diamond! That would make us cousins!’ She controls gemstones. Rubies, sapphires, pearls, amethysts. Diamonds, for her namesake. The whole bunch. But based on how you told me your Quirk functions, it’s more likely that Terro over there is my cousin instead. Did you know that this thing is a lie detector? It can detect when someone is lying to me. Well, it really just detects nervous patterns, but the two go hand in hand, so if it goes off when someone’s talking, they’re probably not telling the truth.”

A lie detector. Asuka felt her heart rise up in her chest, in a sickening way, and the false smile dropped from her face like a rock from the sky as she felt a few loose beads of sweat on her forehead. Was this an interrogation? Did he know? Then came the big question. “Anyway, my research brought me to a particular name. You wouldn’t happen to know who Bloodstone is, would you?” Asuka felt sick. There was this boy getting up in her space more than anyone else had, interrogating her about the person she least wanted to talk about for extremely personal reasons. The other foreign boy asked an innocent question, and Ino answered with...a disturbing amount of enthusiasm.

"And you! You shouldn't assume people are related if they have similar quirks! Especially a villain as nasty as Bloodstone! That is totally disrespectful, and uncalled for! You should apologize! Geez...don't you American's have a saying about assuming? Americans sure don't have manners... There's no way a girl like you could be related to that monster! I'm sure of it!"

Asuka wanted to say something. But what? If she lied and said "She's right; we're not related", Creed's lie detector would pick up on it. If she said "Actually, I am", what would everyone else think? That she was a spy working for the bad guys right? And here Ino had so much faith in Asuka. She was getting grilled on one side, the other had no idea just what the truth was and was supporting her off lies. This was not okay. Asuka wasn't feeling okay.

“Now Cell Phone, when did I say anything about her having any relation to Bloodstone? I’m just asking some innocent questions, that’s all.”

Then Creed started leaning on her, and even touching her face as he continued “Besides, even if she were related to the villainous Bloodstone, that wouldn’t make that much of a difference to us, would it? We’re her friends, aren’t we? You’re so right, Cell Phone. There’s no way a girl like this could be like the heartless, cold-blooded Bloodstone. Look at her! Does this look like the face of a mass murderer to you?”

Asuka's crystals dropped to the ground at her sides, lying there lifelessly. Her face and hands were sweating like she'd stepped into a sauna. Lay off already! You rotten little... Asuka cut herself off there. No. That's something she'd say. I don't want to be like that. But if this keeps up, I think I may throw up. The heart Asuka felt rising in her chest felt like it was sitting in her mouth, beating rapidly and waiting for a chance to leap out onto her desk. She needed a ticket out of here. Any ticket. The nurse's office felt like her best bet. She didn't even register Creed's brief anecodte about his own parents; she was too busy trying to keep her breakfast in her body with the sudden piles of stress Creed was throwing onto her.

“Anyway, there’s this café a few kilometers away from here. I asked Cell Phone if she wanted to go check it out, but she didn’t give me an answer yet. I don’t know how much you like sweets, but it’s on me if you’d like to tag along.”

At least Creed wasn't on her anymore. Not physically, anyway. "Maybe later," Asuka slowly answered, getting up to her feet and turning for the door. "I'm feeling sick, so I'm going to see Nurse Neko for a bit. In the future, please be more mindful of somebody's personal space." With that, Asuka started for the door. Let me off the hook. Or at least drop the Bloodstone topic.

h1v7t2f.png

"W-Well, have you told them yet? If you haven't, I...think it's a good idea. Even if they don't come around at first, I'm sure they'll see it from your point of view...eventually... S-So, uh.. You said you draw manga, right? Well, if you ever need a good place to draw scenery...or, you know, just hang out and talk and stuff...there's this really nice area right in front of the school! I usually just lay around there during Lunch and let my mind wander, since the weather's been pretty nice. Maybe you'll get inspired by stuff...or something."

Sayuri nodded, this time more in acknowledgement than agreement. Now that you mention it... Sayuri reached into her bag, and pulled out a thin folder. Within were some of her more recent sketches. She pulled out two in particular. One of the area in front of the school, which she'd drawn with her free time over the school week. In the corner was a date, indicating it was finished on Friday. Then there was the second one. It was definitely the same place, but it didn't look like a rest area in front of a hero school. It looked more like what would one day become a horror movie forest, with dead trees, damaged walls, and a glimpse of a building that could only be called ruined. The grass grew wildly, and objects that were further in the background had been drawn more lightly to give off the effect of fog. The date pointed to Sayuri having finished it on Sunday.

With the correct sketches in hand, Sayuri passed them behind her, then took to the whiteboard again. She wrote quickly yet skillfully, before finishing and turning to face Isami again.

My first manga will be a horror story. The area in front of UA was a big help with turning even lively scenery into something like the other sketch. How about you? Do you want to do anything besides be a hero?

Meanwhile, the classroom around her sure was busy. Gin and the boys that almost won the chicken game arguing amongst themselves, a conversation about that villain Bloodstone...it was probably better to focus on what was right in front of her instead. She didn't want to get tangled up into any of these messes.

Mike

"You mean...you don't know?"  Ino shook her head, before running up to Mike's desk, and slamming her shaking hands on his desk. Mike jumped in surprise.  "Bloodstone...is a vicious villain in Japan!  Her ruthlessness knows no bounds!  She's practically at the top of the Hero Association's Most Wanted list!"  Ino's hands continued to vibrate, as she looked at Mike.  "Let's just say...you wouldn't want to meet her in a dark alley at night!"  Ino then turned back to Creed, before smacking him on the back, and giving him an earful on his actions. "...Don't you American's have a saying about assuming?  American's sure don't have manners..."

"Actually I'm Canadian," Mike pointed out.

Creed continued to press on the topic, leaning in close and putting a lot of pressure on the different students. He had mentioned something before about the earpiece he had being a lie detector, but he wasn't so sure about that. I don't think... I like Creed very much... Mike thought, looking at how Asuka was reacting. He didn't know if what Creed was implying about who Asuka was related to was true or not, but either way having someone label you with a villain wasn't... a good thing to do to someone. Mike wasn't sure if Creed was sparking up conversation, or if he was intending to make Asuka feel bad.

"I'm feeling sick, so I'm going to see Nurse Neko for a bit. In the future, please be more mindful of somebody's personal space." Asuka got up, and made for the door. Mike only caught a glimpse of her face, but he felt something hit the pit of his stomach. He'd been there before, at least as far as his understanding of the situation went.

Mike got up and met Asuka at the door, and spoke to her with a low voice. "Hey, don't let that get to you. I think he was just trying to get under your skin or something. If it means anything, you don't seem anything like a villain to me, and I'm sure everyone..." Mike glanced around the room and spotted Gin. "Well, I'm sure almost everyone here doesn't think anything bad about you."

“It was fine, I guess.”

"Not bad, not much going on,"

Before Aaron can respond, trouble maker Gin started up a heated argument about how everyone is dead and started up a fight with Terro. Aaron turned back around to continue talking to Mike and Creed, but they went and started to talk to everyone else around them. Oh. . . okay then. Aaron turn to the front to see that Ichiro is now mixed up in the Gin and Terro debate. Seeing that everyone was off in their own little world of conversations, Aaron just put his head down and listened to everyone that was audible to his ears.

From Gin, he was ranting about how he was going to be the best, and everyone here was just a stepping stone for him to stomp on. Creed, Asuka, and Ino were talking about bloodstones and Ino got very loud and angry towards Creed, who turns out to be American. Who Knew? Just by looking, Isami and Sayuri were talking but were communicating very quietly compared to everyone else. Overall, everyone, expect for the Isami and Sayuki, were getting very angry towards each other about things that were either out of context, frustrated, or just assumptions based on genetic/racial bias.

There is so much hate in this class right now, we aren’t supposed to be acting this way towards each other. Though, it doesn’t really matter right now because the teacher isn’t here, and no one wants to ask the smart kid in the class what he thinks about these brew ha-ha's. Have I become one of those loner nerds like on those teenage sitcoms? Why does this always happen to me? Where is Mr. Suna anyways? The class is almost starting and there are 2 wars going on right now. Should I say something? Should I intervene? I don’t know anymore. . . If we are supposed to be heroes, why are we fighting like villains towards each other?

Aaron took a deep breath and sighed, then sitting back up and looked around again. Asuka left and Gin looks angrier than ever at Terro and Ichiro, almost about to strike them. The feeling of hate and resentment still resonated in the room, even though the noise went down. Aaron felt obligated to say something to clear this negativity but he needed an opportunity to speak it. Getting the courage, Aaron stood up with head lowered and yelled in hopes to get everyone’s attention.

“CAN I HAVE EVERYONE’S ATTENTION PLEASE?!!” Oh my gosh! What am I doing?! Aaron looked up and everyone’s eyes were on him, except Gin looked like he was going to murder him. Swallowing his nerves, he continued. “I-I have been listening to, literally, everyone’s conversations that I could hear and I feel there is too much negativity and hate coming from a majority of everyone here. From bringing up past grudges from last week to offending others without meaning to, it is eating everyone physically, mentally, and emotionally for most, I included. We are supposed to be Heroes in training, yet we are nowhere close to being high school students, but a bunch of immature middle schoolers! I know we as individuals will have their problems and differences, but as Heroes, we are to work together as one entity with no type of quarrels! If we let our petty arguments and opinions take advantage of our thoughts and attitude out in the field, we will end up hurting more than just our jobs and dignity! I don't care if you are from Japan or North America, or how you had a bad last week because someone beat you at a game of stupid Chicken! These are just trivial private, personal problems that should be left at home or dealt with one on one and not brought to school, work, or any type of situation where our lives depend on trusting each other in being there for each other! If I am in trouble, I want to have the knowledge and faith that you will be there to lift me up when I am down! I beg that for today and the rest of our time here at UA, that we act the way that we are supposed to act. Please stop being bullies and act like your freaking lives matter on how you act right now! Leave all type of negativity out this door, leave it for the villains. We are Heroes! We are to have a smile and always willing to help those in need! So please! Let's be allies, not enemies. . .”

Aaron stopped talking and stood for a few more seconds before sitting back down and putting his head down into his crossed arms on the desk. Tears of fear came out in response to doubts that no one would listen to him, and Aaron is just wanting attention. However, this negativity was just too much to handle, especially in a school dealing with raising superheroes.

Oh please! Let this day go smoothly for once! Please hurry Mr. Suna. . .

8tOKosA.jpg?1hNqzNzP.jpg?1

The tension in the air between both sides of the classroom had both been simultaneously muddled by the pleads of Aaron.  He poured his heart and soul into the speech, and Ino had stopped vibrating, listening intently to his words.  

"You're really weird Aaron...But I totally get you!"  She pulled her arms to her side and smiled.  "We're all friends here!"  

"Shut up..."  Gin muttered, distinctly.  "Shut up with that nonsense."  His fists curled.  "I'm not trying to make friends here...this is just a glorified way for me to obtain a hero license...nothing more, nothing less.  I'm aiming to be the top hero...a hero who can cut a swath through the villainy that exists out there!"  His fist started to glow red.  "You're making assumption there, spark plug...and it's really starting to piss me off!  You're implementing your own ideals in what it means to be a hero."  Gin pointed a thumb to himself, his face unmoved by Aaron's words.  "Don't force your ideals on me...You're just in my way."  

As Asuka moved out towards the doorway, she would bump into Suna, he would stumble back a bit, unexpectedly rammed into by a teenager.  

"Where are you going, eh?  The trip's just about to start."  Suna dug out his ears with a pinkie finger, before stepping into the classroom.  "I was just making last minute preparations.  And do you mind keeping it down in here...all this chatter about friendship is nice and all, but you're disturbing the other class."  Suna pointed to the window, where outside of the school gates, a nice looking bus had just arrived.  Suna picked up the stack of permission slips, and looked through them all, glancing as best he could through all the signatures...one in particular was almost illegible.  "Well that's that...everyone go outside and hop on."  

The trip to the Kashyyyk District was about 30 minutes long, but the bus was air conditioned.  The thick fog of awkwardness still surrounded the students...the time before this had certainly proven to be a weird one.  As they stepped off the bus, they would see that the streets in the district were completely barren.  Store windows were layered with iron bars, some even bent out of shape to reveal more layers underneath.  

"Welcome to the Kashyyyk District, students.  The most crime ridden city in all of Japan.  Gangs of quirk users who haven't become heroes basically run this town...and our job today is going to watch some of the cleanup of the filth."  It was then, that a stranger stepped out from an alleyway, coating the street corner in a blue light.  His appearance was frightening to say the least.  

"AH!  A villain!"  Ino shouted, vibrating so intensely that it started to shake the ground beneath the group, causing the stranger to stumble, and fall over.  Behind him, a chip in the wall appeared out of thin air, almost leaving no trace of substance whatsoever.  Ino looked to the side to see Gin, with his finger stuck out and steaming, with an annoyed look on his face.  

"You made me miss my shot, shaky..." he growled.

"S-S-Suna senpai!  Control your class!"  The stranger promptly got up and dusted himself off.  

"Class, this is my numb skull friend, Blaze Bone...but I call him Josuke."  He smiled, as the skeleton man covered in flames sputtered.

"S-S-S-SUNA!  Stop embarassing me!  I'm a hero now you know?!"  The flames around him had turned from a light blue, to a hot pink.  "Geez....anyway...Hello class 1-A!  I am Blaze Bone...obviously.  Welcome to the Kashyyyk District!"  Blaze's flame returned to it's blue color, as he presented the empty street towards the students, before rubbing the back of his bare skull.  "As you can see...no one likes to come out anymore...too many criminals are lurking on the streets.  But today, you're going to see a real hero in action!"  He pointed towards the alleyway he had emerged from.  "My Hero Agency's entrance is right around that corner...us upstart heroes have to climb the ranks in the agencies if we ever want to get anywhere in this business...and unfortunately, this is the first place many of us start at.  I hope you learn many things from me today!"  Blaze bowed to the entirety of the class, and seemed to smile.    

"We brought you here today to witness a hero in action.  And this place, although dangerous, is the most likely spot where we can observe such things."  Suna crossed his arms, and closed one eye as he smirked towards Blaze.  "I mean...we should be safe...if numb skull over here does a good job."

"SUNA!!!!!!!!!"  Blaze whined.  

"Ayyy!  I thought we told you to scram!  These are the Dragon's streets now!"  As Blaze turned around, he could see a figure walking towards them.  His eyes were almost as dangerous-looking as Gin's on a bad day.   

"A ruffian?!  Already!  Well I guess there's no time like the present!  Stand back and watch a pro in action!"  Blaze turned back towards the class, issuing them a thumbs up.  "And whatever you do, please do not intervene!"  

In a matter of no time, Blaze lay knocked out on the ground.  The hooligan from before was fanning the flames that had managed to make their way onto his gloves.  He looked to the crowd of kids to see them shake in terror.  

"That's right..."  He said, punching his other glove.  "The Dragon's rule!  That's us!  And we rule!"  

Suna sighed, before a wave of sand decided to emanate underneath Blaze.  It scurried him towards the group.  He stuck his hands in his pockets, while he looked over Blaze's injuries.  

"Well...does anyone want to intervene?"  He droned.  

MX55gTQ.png

Before Asuka made her exit, Creed caught a glimpse of her eyes for just a moment. Her expression was more akin to actual fear as opposed to simply hiding something. “I kind of expected a less serious reaction…” He said, thinking out loud, “Is Bloodstone really that big of a deal?” Creed continued muttering to himself, but his soliloquy was interrupted by Aaron. He stood up at his desk and called for everyone’s attention. The room grew quiet as he took the floor. Aaron was noticeably nervous speaking to a crowd. Creed sat back down at his desk and turned to listen to the boy.

Aaron gave a passionate speech that could really be boiled down to promoting friendship and camaraderie, calling out both points of tension in the classroom. Gin wouldn’t have it, though. “I’m not trying to make friends here… This is just a glorified way for me to obtain a hero license. Nothing more, nothing less. I’m aiming to be the top hero. A hero who can cut a swath through the villainy that exists out there!”

“That’s… impressive? I think...” Creed really didn’t know what to make of Gin anymore. He’d never heard of anyone, hero or villain, who was as full of themselves as Gin was. “I thought it was an act at first, but wow, you are really committed to it, huh? Kudos to you!” Creed turned around in his seat to face forward, noticing that the homeroom teacher had entered stage left.

“I was just making last minute preparations. And do you mind keeping it down in here? All this chatter about friendship is nice and all, but you’re disturbing the other class.” Suna shuffled through the stack of permission slips on his desk, and filed everyone onto a bus that was waiting outside.

Creed met up with Asuka as she rejoined the group to board the bus. He went to put his hand on her shoulder to get her attention, but stopped himself. “Hey, I went too far, didn’t I? I was really just curious, that’s all. But if it’s a subject that you’re that uncomfortable having brought up, I won’t talk about it.” Creed turned back to face forward while walking with the group. “Heroes, villains, none of it is really important, you know? Your actions define who you are, not your blood or your status. That’s what my mother told me, anyway.” She didn’t. Creed was just reciting a line from a movie he streamed over the weekend.

Creed made his way to the back row of the bus, stretching out his legs so that he took up the entire row. The bus ride itself was half an hour long, and none of the students talked with each other. Creed occupied the time by dozing off; the ride was very smooth, and the bus itself was temperature controlled. In almost no time at all, the class arrived at a completely rundown city. ‘This place looks like a dump. This is our field trip?’

“Welcome to the Kashyyyk District, students, the most crime ridden city in all of Japan. Gangs of Quirk users who haven’t become heroes basically run this town, and our job today is going to watch some of the cleanup of the filth.”

‘What’s the payout if someone gets hurt out here?’

An ominous stranger appeared from in between a few buildings, bathing the class in the light of his blue flames. Ino reacted almost immediately, shaking the ground violently and causing the stranger to fall. Creed barely stayed standing as well, leaning on Terro to keep his balance. Gin also reacted right away, firing off a shot towards the skeleton, though it missed due to Ino’s shaking.

“S-S-Suna-senpai! Control your class!” As soon the stranger spoke, he lost every factor of intimidation he had before. Suna introduced him as Blaze Bone, a recently new hero. Suna and Blaze Bone’s interactions undermined Blaze Bone even further, making him seem less and less strong by the minute.

"We brought you here today to witness a hero in action, and this place, although dangerous, is the most likely spot where we can observe such things. I mean we should be safe... if numb skull over here does a good job."

“You don’t seem concerned…” Creed wasn’t particularly moved by either person. Suna was a pretty dry person and didn’t really seem to care about the world going on around him. Blaze Bone seemed… like a kid.

“Ay! I thought we told you to scram! These are the Dragon’s streets now!” A large muscular figure made his way towards the group. Blaze turned around to face the new challenger, entering what had some semblance of a fighting stance.

“A ruffian? Already? Well, I guess there’s no time like the present! Stand back and watch a pro in action!”

Blaze rushed the villain, only to be knocked out cold in an instant. The man, whose name Creed assumed to be “The Dragon,” didn’t appear to use a Quirk either, and simply punched Blaze very, very hard. Dragon brushed off some flames that had gotten onto his gloves. Suna pulled Blaze back with a wave of sand, and nonchalantly looked over his friend’s injuries.

“Well… does anyone want to intervene?”

‘Does he really expect us to do his job for him? Hero, my ass.’ Creed wondered what could be done to deal with this current predicament. ‘Treat this like another test, I guess. The goal here is to get him to surrender or incapacitate him. He hasn’t really shown any kind of weakness yet, so it seems like patience or teamwork is the key here. Which means this is good practice. So, let’s try…’

Creed leaned closer to Terro to enlist his assistance. “Hey, how big of a chunk do you think you could pull from the ground here? Would you be able to make me a really heavy one? I’ve got a bit of a plan.” Five spheres appeared around Creed’s body, glowing a faint magenta.

lmHWTAK.png

"Hey, don't let that get to you. I think he was just trying to get under your skin or something. If it means anything, you don't seem anything like a villain to me, and I'm sure everyone... Well, I'm sure almost everyone here doesn't think anything bad about you."

What constitutes seeming like a villain though? Gin could be called pretty villain-like couldn't he? Especially with his behavior on the first day. As she tried to escape the classroom, however, she was cut off by a bigger obstacle than any mere student. Mr. Suna himself.

"Where are you going, eh?  The trip's just about to start. I was just making last minute preparations. And do you mind keeping it down in here...all this chatter about friendship is nice and all, but you're disturbing the other class. Well that's that...everyone go outside and hop on."

The bus ride to the class's destination was a quiet one for Asuka. She spent the ride silently, face in her hands, slowly recovering from Creed's interrogation. By the time they'd nearly arrived, she at least didn't feel sick anymore. As the ride came near an end, she'd spent the ride looking out the window...the barren streets and barred windows didn't seem like a good sign at all.

"Welcome to the Kashyyyk District, students. The most crime ridden city in all of Japan. Gangs of quirk users who haven't become heroes basically run this town...and our job today is going to watch some of the cleanup of the filth."

The group was then approached by a figure. A figure with a skull for a head, with blue fire coming out. A figure Ino and Gin alike thought to be a villain. Just waiting it out a bit proved otherwise, though. A hero, actually! The teacher's friend, Blaze Bone.

"Geez....anyway...Hello class 1-A! I am Blaze Bone...obviously.  Welcome to the Kashyyyk District! As you can see...no one likes to come out anymore...too many criminals are lurking on the streets. But today, you're going to see a real hero in action! My Hero Agency's entrance is right around that corner...us upstart heroes have to climb the ranks in the agencies if we ever want to get anywhere in this business...and unfortunately, this is the first place many of us start at. I hope you learn many things from me today!"

Asuka nodded respectfully. That was what they were here for right? To learn. Asuka was here to watch a real-live hero in action...and it didn't really last long at all. One single thug did the hero in, and Suna began pulling him toward the group.

"The Dragon's rule!  That's us!  And we rule!" 

"Well...does anyone want to intervene?"

"I do." Asuka stepped forward, then reached to roll up her sleeves. Instead, though, she turned her attention to the teacher. Tugging on one of her sleeves, she asked "Sensei, am I allowed to tear the sleeves off my uniform?"

"You paid for it...do what you want."

"Understood." Asuka grabbed her left sleeve with her right hand, and yanked it...to no effect at all. That was embarrassing. Sure she had the smarts, and the high-utility Quirk, but Asuka herself wasn't really all that strong. She'd even call herself physically inferior. So she turned her attention this time to Ichiro. He had super strength. This should be easy for him. Asuka walked over to him, held her arms out, and said "If you don't mind..."

Ichiro blinked at Asuka after seeing her holding her arms out in front of him like this. Was she wanting a hug or something? No, she didn't seem like the type who needed comforting in the face of danger.

"Uh...are you wanting me to rip off your sleeves or something?" he asked, scratching the back of his head.

"Yes."

"Oh. Uh, okay." Ichiro shrugged before doing his best to rip off Asuka's sleeves. If Asuka noticed, it would be obvious that the young man wasn't using his Quirk. After ripping the one, he started tugging on the other. It came off with some effort, leaving Asuka's arms exposed, and with her biceps developing a new pair of crystals.

"Thank you. Now then..." After the first pair of crystals emerged, Asuka created another pair. Four crystals. All of which she promptly fired at the wrongdoer, respectively aiming one each at his face, chest, and each of his knees. "Go!"

h1v7t2f.png

Nah. Creed and Asuka seem to be working on it. Maybe Terro too. They've got it covered.

F7eoyPD.jpg

Ichiro was completely surprised about the outcome that took place through this entire time. They leave for a field trip, arrive in the Kashyyyk District, meet another hero known as Blaze Bones...who actually seemed to be a pretty impressive looking individual, and then finally being thrust into a hostile situation regarding a gang member...apparently part of something called "the Dragons".

And...he's not doing anything.... Ichiro thought, glancing over at Suna.

"If you don't mind..."

Ichiro was brought back to the real world as he turned and saw Asuka standing in front of him, with her arms held out. He began to blink a bit, a little confused on what she was wanting. Does...does she want a hug or something? he thought, beginning to scratch his head. No that would be weird. She didn't even seem the type to need a hug or to be comforted, especially in a situation like this.

"Uh...are you wanting me to rip off your sleeves or something?" he asked, still scratching the back of his head.

"Yes."

"Oh. Uh, okay." Ichiro shrugged before doing his best to rip off Asuka's sleeves. After ripping the one, he started tugging on the other. It came off with some effort, leaving Asuka's arms exposed, and with her forearms developing a new pair of crystals. She's...gonna fight? he thought, before seeing her shooting off four crystals at the man.

However, Ichiro noticed something...the man that opposed them wasn't worried. In fact, the crystals never hit him. Before everyone, the crystals stopped immediately five feet in front of him, hitting nothing.

"Hm? Oh I'm sorry, we're you trying to hit me?" he laughed, shaking his head.

It...It just stopped! Ichiro thought, getting a little worried now. He turned towards Suna, hoping that maybe their teacher might do something. "Suna-sensei, why aren't you stepping in to do anything?"

Suna only looked towards the young man and shrugged his shoulders. "I have to look over my kouhai...you all should be able to take out a lowly thug anyway."

Was this guy for real?! Ichiro was almost in disbelief at this. Their teacher, a HERO wasn't even working in helping them at all. Tch, this can't be happening. he thought, before turning to glance at the thug. The young man finally looked down at his hands before sighing heavily. Well...it seems that something is happening with this guy. Asuka's crystals didn't even make their mark. Jeez...and I wanted to go through the day without using this damn thing...

-BGM-

Ichiro finally made a move, he moved forward, making his way in front of Asuka before skidding to a halt. This is gonna hurt...this is gonna hurt...THIS IS GONNA HURT!! he thought, trying to hype up the pain he'd soon feel, hoping it would lessen some. Ichiro moved and clapped in front of him, pointing towards the thug. Just like he did before, the shockwave from the clap brought forth a powerful and forceful wind towards the thug...and it surprisingly worked.

Ichiro watched as the thug was pushed back quite a distance away, apparently surprised that he was able to do this, as the thug was staring at him wide-eyed. "Damn kid..." he laughed, dusting himself off some. "That's some power! You wanna join the Dragon's?"

Ichiro was already gritting his teeth. As expected, hyping the pain up DIDN'T help lessen the pain...huge shock. His hands were broken, just like they were on the first day of school when he did this. However, this was the least of his worries.

"Injuring yourself already? Not even gonna attempt to finish him off? Waste of an attack if you ask me." Ichiro heard Suna say, and when he turned around, he saw his teacher only shaking his head.

"T-Tch...well it's not like you did anything to help!" Ichiro spoke through his teeth. However...when he did that...he could've sworn he noticed something.

"Me sticking up for you, that was sort of my payment for the first day....buuuuuuuut looks like I have another payment I gotta deal with, since you stepped in there." Ichiro said. Terro looked up at him before shaking his head. 

"You don't have to thank me for anything," He said, folding his arms. "On the first day, you would have passed, no matter who you paired with. You didn't use your Quirk and got in the top four, while I was dead last. It's easy to see who would have been better off if we were in different teams," He shook his head. "As for Gin, there's nothing to thank me for. So forget about it," At that moment, their teacher walked into the room, informing them it was time to go. The student soon filled up the air conditioned bus, and headed off on their trip.

Terro was in quiet awe as he sat in the bus. This was the first time he had ever rode on of these machines. He always walked everywhere, something that kept him healthy. He couldn't deny, however, that being able to sit and move at a much faster speed than walking was a special experience. He could see why people liked these. 

The 'Kashyyyk District', as it was apparently called, was barren, looking extremely ran down. He couldn't believe this was the same city that contained a school for heroes also had a part like this. Everything had its dark side, he supposed. They met up with a hero, Blaze Bone, who looked scary, but seemed really nice. However, it seemed kindness didn't equal strength, as they ran into a villain right away, and that 'Dragon' knocked out Mr. Bone. Suna saved his friend before commenting,

“Well… does anyone want to intervene?” Terro nodded. They were here to be heroes, and now was the time to rise to the occasion. 

"Hey, how big of a chunk do you think you could pull from the ground here? Would you be able to make me a really heavy one? I’ve got a bit of a plan.” Terro looked over to see Creed talking to him, five spheres appearing around Creed’s body, glowing a faint magenta. Terro looked around as Asuka and Ichiro launched their attacks, to little effect. Terro looked back to Creed.

"I'm sorry, but I can't find anything here heavy enough without tearing this block apart," He looked to the Dragon before back at Creed. "Please, while I stall the villain for time, think of a new plan. I'm sure the lot of us can overpower this guy," With that, he ran off, leaping over Ichiro's head and landing in front of him, being about five feet away from the Dragon member. He took his stance, one that he had practiced for years, spreading his legs far apart as he held an arm up, and kept the other tense, parallel to his chest. The Dragon thug looked at Terro, and simply threw a punch into the empty air. 

A sharp pain suddenly filled Terro's gut, causing him to stumble. What had hit him...? He was so far away. He stood back up however, and defiantly looked the thug in the eye. The thug just grinned in response, pleasantly surprised that Terro didn't fall in one attack. Terro raised his hand back, and threw out a Jishinken, using the pavement below them to fuel it. It sadly tore up the street a little, but Terro didn't have too much of a choice in his mind. 

"Damaging the streets? I like your style, kid!" The thug threw out a right hook, again just swinging through the empty air, but Terro felt something that felt like a punch catch his jaw. The sudden attack broke his concentration, and his Jishinken fell apart before it even got to the man. Despite stumbling, however, Terro didn't fall, instead wiping his lip. He was beginning to get a idea of what to do... he hoped. He was confident he could land a blow this time, however. 

"Sadly, my Quirk doesn't let me do much else," He looked over his shoulder quickly, to see if the others had made a plan. No matter what he saw, however, he broke out into a run, charging straight at the thug, who laughed. 

"I admire your courage, kid. Tell me your name, once you regain consciousness," He stated before sticking out his foot. That was his chance! Terro hopped up into the air, imagining where the man's foot would be if they were fighting in close range, and managed to avoid whatever the thug was planning. 

"I'll just tell you now! It's Terro!" He called out as he spun once, using the momentum to kick the thug in the chest. The Dragon thug was pushed back a bit from the attack. 

"Oof... that smarts, kid. But don't think you'll be landing another one on me," He taunted. Terro just resumed his stance, narrowing his eyes. 

"I'm still standing. Weren't you going to knock me out?" The martial art hero in training countered before looking over his shoulder. He hoped the others figured something out. He wasn't sure exactly how the man's Quirk worked, and he had a bad feeling that man was hiding something up his sleeve.

MX55gTQ.png

While Creed made an attempt to enlist Terro’s help, Asuka and Ichiro both launched attacks on the man who seemed to call himself Dragon. Asuka fought with her crystals, firing four of them straight at the man. However, the projectiles were halted about a meter and a half in front of him, before falling to the ground harmlessly. Ichiro repeated his clap from the first day, producing a large shockwave that pushed the villain back, though he remained standing. Ichiro’s hands were broken from his own attack as well, just like before.

Creed turned back to Terro as he gave his response. "I'm sorry, but I can't find anything here heavy enough without tearing this block apart. Please, while I stall the villain for time, think of a new plan. I'm sure the lot of us can overpower this guy."

“Hm. I think U.A. would probably pay for property damages that we incur. That, or we stick Bones over there with the bill.” Terro had already leaped over Ichiro to engage the thug, while Creed formulated another battle plan. ‘Let’s see what he does.’

Terro took up a martial arts stance, preparing to fight. Dragon responded with an empty punch through the air. Despite the distance between the two, Terro staggered back, as if the punch had made contact. Terro kept his ground, and got ready to fight again. However, the interaction with Asuka’s crystals and Terro gave Creed a decent understanding of what the man could do. ‘Alright, let’s try this.’

Creed hurried off down a nearby alleyway. The path was mostly empty, save for trashcans and litter. Creed set out Launch Pads to quickly propel himself forwards down the alleyway until he reached a dead end, where he launched himself onto the roof of the building next to him. He was about sixty meters or so away from the street where the battle was taking place. Creed set out another series of Launch Pads to make his way across the rooftops without being noticed. He ended in the alleyway that Blaze had initially emerged from, and came out onto the street about ten meters behind the villain. Terro was still standing in front of the villain, with the same stance he started with and a determined look in his eyes. “Weren’t you going to knock me out?”

‘Good, keep his attention for me,’ Creed took a few deep breaths before getting ready to engage the opponent. He created a Launch Pad right behind his foot to dash off of, and another pad behind the villain’s head, facing backwards. Creed dashed in at incredible speed, closing the distance between them in less than a second. Using the momentum from his approach, he went to kick the attacker’s leg right at the back of the knee, and brought his other arm up, aiming to bring it around his neck and use his full body weight to pull him to the ground. However, Creed’s kick failed to make contact, and he felt a sharp pain directly on his shin that pushed his leg back. ‘Damn, even without his attention?’ Creed used his arm to hit the pad that he had placed behind the villain’s head, retreating backwards at the same speed he approached at. “Well, that was not as successful as I wanted it to be.”

Dragon turned his head and looked back at Creed. “Gee whiz, kid! You’ve got some moves too, huh?” Dragon let out a raucous laugh, trying to taunt him, “Too bad you’re as scrawny as they come!”

Creed looked down at his body. “Scrawny?” he thought to himself, thinking aloud. He flexed his arm, feeling his own muscles and their definition. He’d spent the entire summer bodybuilding with his father as his coach, so he definitely wasn’t scrawny. I don’t think so… Although I am wearing long sleeves.” Creed removed the jacket of his uniform and rolled up his sleeve. He flexed that arm, showing it to Dragon. “Maybe pick another word?”

Dragon yawned in reply, before flexing his own arm. His bicep was covered in scars, and was almost twice as large as Creed. “S-craw-ny,” Dragon said, putting extra emphasis this time.

“Alright, fair enough.” Creed rolled his sleeve back down and put on his jacket. He placed a set of Launch Pads and propelled himself into the air towards the group. He kept himself high enough to remain out of Dragon’s range, and landed on the roof of the building next to the rest of the class. He jumped down, using a nearby gutter to control his speed, and landed near Gin.

“Hey, Peanut,” he said, walking up to him. He placed both hands on his shoulder, got close to his ear, and spoke in a low voice. “What was that you said in the classroom earlier? Something about cutting a swath through villainy?” Creed made a finger gun, mimicking Gin, and pointed it at Dragon. “Well, there’s a villain right there, so cut away, my friend.”

"Shut up... Shut up with that nonsense. I'm not trying to make friends here...this is just a glorified way for me to obtain a hero license...nothing more, nothing less.  I'm aiming to be the top hero...a hero who can cut a swath through the villainy that exists out there! You're making assumptions there, spark plug... and it's really starting to piss me off!  You're implementing your own ideals in what it means to be a hero. Don't force your ideals on me...You're just in my way."

Of course, Gin would react that way, but at least there is less tension in the room. . . except it is towards me. For what seemed like an eternity, Mr. Suna finally walked in the room, but Aaron was still face down on the desk just trying to relax and get his head straight. "Well that's that...everyone, go outside and hop on." Aaron sat up, with tear stains on his face as he watched everyone walk outside the room. Wiping away the remaining tears, Aaron got up and slowly made his way towards the bus.

The bus ride wasn’t terrible since a majority of the students sat in different seats, but about 30 minutes out from the school, the class arrived in a really sketchy district that from what Suna said to be “The most crime ridden city in all of Japan, and it shows. One of the local heroes, Blaze Bones, came to show how superheroes do their job but ended up giving a bad example on how to do it correctly against a local thug from a gang called the “Dragons”. "Well...does anyone want to intervene?"  This is what Aaron hoped didn’t happen, and now Class 1-A had to deal with a thug. Asuka started off with an attack with her 4 of her crystals, but none connected with the thug, who proceeded to taunt her at her attempt. Ichiro went after, creating a loud sonic boom with his hands, pushing back the thug back a bit.

His quirk seems to be a neutralizer of some kind, stopping physical objects from reaching him, but it seems non-physical attack can reach him. Close-range fighters are at disadvantage then, and even physical projectile users like Asuka. So, the only people here that have a chance of hitting him is Gin, Creed, and I, and possible Terro if he played it right. This alleyway is too barebones for my Quirk to have any effect unless I am at a closer range. However, this seems way off from what I expected it to be. If Blaze Bones is a professional, why did he get taken out by a simple grunt? Didn’t he say that his Agency was practically right around the corner? This seems too perfect of a situation to start a battle right after we got off the bus. But still, this smells like another test from Suna, and these 2 are just playing a part in this. If this was the real deal, Blaze wouldn’t have been defeated this easily. Just another day at UA.

Before coming up with a real plan, Terro jumped towards the thug and started to fight him. Upon observing their brawl, the thug threw out air punches that seem to hurt Terro before landing a hit on his chest. Okay! So, it isn’t a force field, but instead is able to use the air around him to attack and defend, but can still be hurt up-close. Nevertheless, I’m still sure he can’t defend from non-physical attacks. This gives me an idea.

Aaron looked at the walls to see there was something conductive on them, but alas, there was nothing. Aaron saw some trash cans and started to rummage through them to find one soup can among the garbage. Aaron turned back to see Creed flying back towards the group, assuming he must’ve gone to help Terro. Aaron ripped off the already opened lid and cupped his hand over the top and started to charge it like a battery. After a few seconds, he took off towards the thug with can in hand.

"Oh boy...armed with a soup can...I'm so frightened."  Taunted the thug, sarcastically.

“More than just a soup can! Duck Terro!” As soon as Terro ducked, Aaron pointed the can at the thug and uncapped, releasing a beam of electricity. The beam was on a head-on collision, and the thug was clearly awestruck, but at the last second, it was deflected. What?!

"Well well well...not so helpless are you."  He then brought his elbow up and slammed it down in the air, hitting Aaron’s head like a hammer. "Not creative enough!"

Not taking any time worrying about his injury, Aaron continued at the thug scraping his hand across the wall generating electricity in his hand. With a quite distance away, Aaron swiped his hand at him, causing 5 bolts straight for the thug, but like the beam, they too were deflected. The thug, rolling his eyes, came at Aaron and kneed the air a few feet in front of him, a sudden pain went through Aaron’s body around his abdominal. Aaron wrapped his arms around his stomach and coughed in both pain and loss of breath.

"And you're supposed to be some kind of hero...that's why the Dragon's deserve these streets!"

“Yeah, you’re right, too bad I hate fakers. NOW!!”

Mike

Despite what Mike had said to Asuka, she didn't seem the least bit comforted by his words and continued towards the door, almost ignoring Mike completely. Seeing her act this way, Mike felt a weight dropped on his shoulders. He wasn't sure what disappointed him more; that despite any words of comfort Asuka was still a mood like this, or that he wasn't able to do anything to make it better. As she approached the door, it opened on its own accord and she bumped into Mr. Suna.

"Where are you going, eh?  The trip's just about to start."  Mr. Suna stood at the doorway, and Asuka backed off a bit.  "I was just making last minute preparations.  And do you mind keeping it down in here...all this chatter about friendship is nice and all, but you're disturbing the other class."  Suna pointed to the window, where outside of the school gates, a nice looking bus had just arrived. He picked up the stack of permission slips, and looked through them all, glancing as best he could through all the signatures.  "Well that's that... everyone go outside and hop on."

Everyone got on the bus, and sat through a thirty minute drive. For a solid chunk of the drive, Mike found himself glancing in Asuka's direction, and after a few minutes gained a self-realization of how weird he must look, and forced himself to look out the window instead. As far as bus rides go, this one was very quiet. From what went on in the classroom before they left, it felt like there was a lot of friction between classmates that many of them either didn't realize was there, or knew too well was there.

The class arrived in a very seedy district, with empty, unkempt streets. "Welcome to the Kashyyyk District, students. The most crime ridden city in all of Japan. Gangs of quirk users who haven't become heroes basically run this town... and our job today is going to watch some of the cleanup of the filth." Mr. Suna explained, the class looking around at the empty street.

So I guess we're going to watch the pro's in action? Kinda thought we would be doing more. Mike thought as he realized how boring this field trip could be.

It was then that someone rounded a corner in the alley, painting the street blue. Mike blinked a few times, startled by his appearance, though it seemed the rest of the class was more shocked by him than anything, as Gin tried to fire a shot but was quickly stopped by Asuka.

"S-S-Suna senpai! Control your class!" The stranger stuttered.

"Class, this is my numb skull friend, Blaze Bone... but I call him Josuke." Mr. Suna explained. 

"S-S-S-SUNA! Stop embarassing me! I'm a hero now you know?!" The flames around him had turned from a light blue, to a hot pink. "Geez... anyway... Hello class 1-A! I am Blaze Bone... obviously. Welcome to the Kashyyyk District!" Blaze's flame returned to it's blue color, as he presented the empty street towards the students, before rubbing the back of his bare skull. "As you can see... no one likes to come out anymore... too many criminals are lurking on the streets. But today, you're going to see a real hero in action!" He pointed towards the alleyway he had emerged from. "My Hero Agency's entrance is right around that corner... us upstart heroes have to climb the ranks in the agencies if we ever want to get anywhere in this business... and unfortunately, this is the first place many of us start at. I hope you learn many things from me today!"

So are we just going to watch them fight villains? Mike thought, looking around the empty street for any of the thugs Blaze was talking about.

"We brought you here today to witness a hero in action. And this place, although dangerous, is the most likely spot where we can observe such things." Suna crossed his arms, and closed one eye as he smirked towards Blaze. "I mean... we should be safe... if numb skull over here does a good job."

"Ayyy! I thought we told you to scram! These are the Dragon's streets now!" As Blaze turned around, he could see a figure walking towards them.  His eyes were almost as dangerous-looking as Gin's on a bad day.

Blaze sprung into action, but was very quickly disposed by the villain, disappointingly so. If we're supposed to see heroes in action, shouldn't we see ones that actually do well? Mike thought as he looked down at Blaze with an expression that was a combination of pity and disappointment.

"Well... does anyone want to intervene?" Mr. Suna droned.

You want US to do what a pro couldn't?!" Mike felt a lot more worried now, and wasn't sure what to do. The group was quiet, and with each second he felt more and more pressure to do something. This pressure was relieved as Asuka stepped up to the plate, but ultimately her efforts were futile. The crystals she used were stopped in mid-air, and dropped harmless to the ground. Ichiro stepped up next, and used the clap move that he used on the iron block the week previous, but ultimately only accomplished hurting himself. Terro and Creed both stepped up next, trying their quirks in a combination strategy. Terro attempted a full-on assault, and seemed to be hit by some invisible force, despite landing a blow, albeit not a very decisive one. Creed used the opportunity created from Terro's distraction to make an attempt, but even though the villain was paying no attention to him, his attempt was just as much of a failure. Aaron was the next one to step up. Ah! His quirk is electricity, so that should work if it's a physical barrier of some sort! But of course, the electricity seemed to turn in mid-air, missing his mark completely. All three of those students; Creed, Terro, and Aaron were stuck there with the villain.

Mike clenched his fists. He had to do something; heroes don't stand idle when others are in trouble. Mike was beginning to shake slightly; he had no idea what to do. Surprise attacks didn't work, frontal assaults didn't work, ranged attacks didn't work either. All Mike could do was close-range combat, but in order to do that he needed to get in close. Terro seemed to be a lot more experienced in fighting, and his attacks were useless. What more could Mike do that the others hadn't already tried. There had to be something that could get through, but how was he attacking Mike's classmates like that? He couldn't see anything move; was it telekinesis? Was it... air? Mike had to think; how was he attacking them? Mike thought hard; the thug didn't do anything to deflect the ranged attacks, and Creed's was stopped short, but for Terro and Aaron he did... punching and kicking moves in air, and they both reacted at the same time. There was something to it there, and Mike felt like he had an idea.

Mike approached the thug, walking up to see how close he could get before the thug attacked. The gangster looked at Mike and broke into a laugh.

"Aw, this lil' gaijin's already shakin' in his boots! Sorry kid, I don't think you're cut out for this kinda job. Yer friends couldn't really do anything, what makes you think you can?" The Dragon taunted.

Mike felt anger well up inside him, and bit his lip to control himself. Calm down... don't lose your cool...

"Y-you think you're so tough, picking on k-kids, huh," Mike taunted back, his voice shaking as he tried to keep his feelings in check.

"Are you gonna cry? You fer real, kid?"

C'mon... make the first move... Mike thought. He needed the thug to telegraph something; a punch, a kick, anything. Once he did so, Mike would try to mirror that action and generate a strong force in that area. If he was using air or something, it wouldn't hit, and Mike would find his counter to get in close and make his own attack. If it didn't work, it was telekinetic or something and there wasn't anything Mike could do but act as bait so somebody else could stop him. "Yeah, I'm for real, and I want you to leave my classmates alone! Stop what you're doing, and surrender now, b-before you get yourself hurt!" C'mon... attack me!

s06t3UC.png

Sayuri nodded, before reaching into her bag. Isami tilted his head in curiosity before the girl pulled a thin folder, which contained two sketches. She passed them on to him and, as he was looking at them, began to write. One of them was simply the front of the school - he recognized it almost immediately. The other was the same scenery, although the entire tone had been shifted. What was once a relaxing place of rest became the center of a horror flick. "Oooo, spooky." He spoke, before turning up to Sayuri, who had her trusty whiteboard in hand. My first manga will be a horror story. The area in front of UA was a big help with turning even lively scenery into something like the other sketch. How about you? Do you want to do anything besides be a hero? Isami nodded, returning the folder with the sketches. "Ah! It looks good!" He leaned back on his chair, thinking of a way to respond to her question. "I...haven't really put much thought into that. I usually spend my time just lazing about..." He glanced out the window again. "I wasn't even fully set on this hero thing, you know? Nothing else really interested me. The only reason why I'm here is my sister." He took a deep sigh. "Thing'll work out, though. I'm sure of it." Meanwhile, everyone else seemed to have some tension with each other. Isami wasn't really paying attention to any of it, though.  Soon after, Suna came in the room. "I was just making last minute preparations. And do you mind keeping it down in here...all this chatter about friendship is nice and all, but you're disturbing the other class." Suna pointed to the window, where outside of the school gates, a nice looking bus had just arrived. Suna picked up the stack of permission slips, and looked through them all. "Well that's that...everyone go outside and hop on."

x393wz.jpg

The trip hadn't been too long, although Isami had fallen asleep during it. He stepped out to a rather barren looking city. "Welcome to the Kashyyyk District, students. The most crime ridden city in all of Japan. Gangs of quirk users who haven't become heroes basically run this town...and our job today is going to watch some of the cleanup of the filth." A strange person stepped out of the shadow, a real bonehead. However, despite his menacing appearance, it turns out that he wasn't a villian, but rather a hero. "Geez....anyway...Hello class 1-A! I am Blaze Bone...obviously. Welcome to the Kashyyyk District! As you can see...no one likes to come out anymore...too many criminals are lurking on the streets. But today, you're going to see a real hero in action! My Hero Agency's entrance is right around that corner...us upstart heroes have to climb the ranks in the agencies if we ever want to get anywhere in this business...and unfortunately, this is the first place many of us start at. I hope you learn many things from me today!"

It wasn't quite was Isami had in mind for the field trip, but it did make sense with a little bit of thought. Still, he had his mind set on some sort of amusement park or something. However, danger approached them - a man in a strange get-up appeared, and this time it was a villain. Blaze Bone was taken out relatively quickly by the assailant, and seemed ready to fight more. "Well...does anyone want to intervene?" Isami noted as everyone else seemed to jump at the opportunity to take him down. He took a deep breath, preparing himself. As much as he didn't want to get hurt, this was what he came to the school first...plus, stopping him is what his sister would do. He ran off to hide somewhere to change, before reemerging with his serpentine lower body. He made his way towards Gin and Creed. "I'm here to help!" He said confidently, before dropping it immediately "...somehow...I'm not good at plans..." He said sheepishly, turning his head more towards Creed. He seemed like the planning-type.

Ed751i6.jpghNqzNzP.jpg?1

"Yeah, I'm for real, and I want you to leave my classmates alone! Stop what you're doing, and surrender now, b-before you get yourself hurt!"

Dragon eyed the boy who had yet to come at him.  He couldn't help but laugh and slap his knee.  

"You really think I'm just gonna up and surrender?  I just beat an actual hero, and you think I'm going to give up now?"  Dragon continued to laugh, his eyes seemed like they were watering.  "And what do we have to try and stop me?  A bunch of kindergartners!"  The thug then wiped the tear that had grown in the corner of his eye.  "Nah...Didn't you hear me?  I'm claiming these streets in the name of the Dragon!  Ain't no one gonna stop me..."  He started to stretch, and yawn.  "You're the ones who attacked me first...so saying something like that...I ain't gonna take it easy on you."   

“Hey, Peanut, What was that you said in the classroom earlier? Something about cutting a swath through villainy?  Well, there’s a villain right there, so cut away, my friend.”

"Eh????!!!!!!"  Gin sneered at Creed.  "Who do you think you're calling peanut?!"  Gin pushed Creed out of the way, walking up towards the Dragon.  As he did, the thug eyed him cautiously.  He stood right next to Mike.  "Looks like I'll have to crank it up a bit."  He said with a sigh.  In a flash, Gin's whole hand glow like a rainbow, before turning into a greenish color.  In the same time it took for his hand to glow, Gin let loose a hand gun, and let it rock back.  A small beam of green light, the same radial measurement as his entire finger, was shot from his finger tips.  Dragon didn't know what to expect, but seeing as how the kid's arm had been pushed back in recoil, it wasn't good news.  In the same way as Aaron's attack earlier, however, it was dissipated a mere three feet in front of the villain.  "Don't tell me I'm gonna have to crank this up more?!"  He spat.  

"You won't have the chance, peanut!"  Dragon started off in a sudden dash towards Gin.  Gin stood there, almost shaking.  His hand wasn't glowing...he needed more time!  As Dragon's right arm cocked itself, and then realesed, five feet away from Gin, Mike stepped in.  Suna's eyes widened.  Mike's fists glow green, as he thrusted one punch upwards, trying to intercept whatever force was harming the others.  He let his other fist fly towards where the Dragon's ribs would be.

"EAT THIS!"  

Mike's fist would collide with something hard, but it's resistance would fade once his Quirk had taken effect.  Mike's fist soared upwards, the invisible force doing the same.  Consecutively, Dragon's own arm would be thrown towards the air, a small frown appearing on his face.  The shot aimed for his rib's would also meet the same invisible force, which in turn was sent away after Quasar had overpowered it.  After a moment, Dragon would be sent back quite a distance as well.  He would look behind him, almost like looking at the wind, before turning his head towards Mike.  

"Damn kid...there's only a couple of heroes who have given me that much trouble..."  The ruffian cracked his knuckles and neck.  "You're the dangerous one here..."  

In the crowd from before, where Suna and Creed had retreated before hand, Ino stay.  Her knees and body vibrating out of control.  This was a real villain?  And none of the amazing Quirks of her classmates, save Mike, had any results whatsoever.  What could she do?  She wasn't as powerful as the rest of them.  She looked to the side, downwards.  

"They're all so brave...Blaze Bone...and my friends...How can I help?"

"You want to be a hero, right?"  Suna lazily dragged.  "Well..you can't be one if you're too afraid to step in when there are people in trouble.  The true value of a hero is selflessness."  Suna stood up, eyeing the students who had joined the fray.  "They might not be doing much...but that's more than I can say for you."  The statement was harsh...it almost made Ino cry.  But she wasn't going to cry in front of her teacher like this.  

"Y-Y-You're right..."  She said, still shaking.  She had to try.  She took one step, shaking the pavement as she did so, almost knocking Suna over.  "I've got to at least support my friends!"  She cried, taking another step that turned into a full out run.  "HYAAAAAAAAAAAA~"  Her eyes were closed, but she had made it to Gin and Mike in a short amount of time.  "Maybe this will shake him up!"  She placed all of her pent up emotions, her fear and anxiety, into her hands.  They rattled uncontrollably, as she placed them on the ground.  The vibrations she had created shook the ground in front of the three of them, and were sent towards Dragon, who in turn tried to stay there ground.  

"You're gonna have to try a lot harder than that if you wanna throw me off!"  He roared.  

"If you s-s-say s-s-so!"  Ino's teeth were chattering from the vibrations her body was casting off.  She intensified the shaking, almost having the same effect that Terro had had prior on the pavement, breaking and shaking it.  Dragon finally lost his footing, and with a surprised look, he toppled over.   

"NOW!!” Aaron could be heard screaming from the back.  

"Don't tell me what to do!"  Gin snarled, his hand turning a bright display of rainbow again, before he let loose a beam of blue energy this time.  

"Don't tell me what to do!"

Once more, Gin let out a blue hand gun towards the Dragon thug, only to see it yet again dissipate three feet from the man. "Grrrrrr....GODDAMNIT!!!" he shouted. "Piece of sheet!!!"

"T-T-T-Tch...l-l-little girl..." the Dragon thug groaned, as he hit the shaking ground. "Y-You...are q-q-quite the annoying...b-b-bi-" he stopped, groaning as he struggled to get up.

x393wz.jpg

F7eoyPD.jpg

Seemed after Asuka and him, everyone joined the fray...however Ichiro was finally able to notice what he swore he noticed before. With his clap, Ichiro swore up and down that he saw something like a human-shaped outline. Of course, in the sense that a gust of air passing by a person would end up resulting in something similar, but this was the kicker: he saw this outline BEFORE it hit and reached the thug.

This had Ichiro thinking, as he held and propped himself up over a lamppost after Ino literally shook the ground. A human shaped outline? he thought, watching Gin's second attempt at firing at the thug dissipate, allowing him to once again get a better view of what he saw. Sure enough, it was there. If that's the case...huh, this guy... he nodded, still trying to steady himself as he finally nodded.

He had an idea...and right now...one person could possibly help him.

"Isami!!" he shouted, seeing the young man quickly turn around and make his way towards him. Now...let's hope his Quirk will work like I'm hoping... Ichiro saw the young man finally be in range, finally beginning to speak. "I have a plan. But I need to know something, how long are you able to hold your reptilian form?"

"As long as I want."

Ichiro's face lit up. It was going to work then! "Good...I need you to turn into a snake and wrap around my arm. When I give you the signal...I need you to wrap around whatever is in front of you."

"O-oh. Ok!" Within moments, he watched Isami turn into a Mamushi snake, quickly slithering up and wrapping around Ichiro's arm.

-BGM-

Ichiro moved from the lamppost, beginning to mobilize. If I can do this...this'll keep everyone else from hitting it! he thought, before going out in a full on sprint.

"Oh goodie...t-the handicap kid is back." the thug groaned, still trying to stabilize himself and get off the ground. "Back to break...m-m-more bones?"

Ichiro sprinted past the others, making it towards where the thug was, before turning to his side and preparing to slam his elbow into the now kneeling Dragon thug. However, he was met with a strong resistance three feet in front of the thug. It was here...right there! "ISAMI!! NOW!!"

On the signal, the snake that was Isami jumped from the young man's arm and began to wrap and coil onto something in front of Ichiro. It wrapped around this invisible entity in an "x" formation. Now it seemed like the snake was floating in the air.

"W-WHAT!?" the thug shouted, seeing this and watching Ichiro jump back some. "You...how did you...?"

"G-Guys!! Isami is wrapped around what this guy's been using!" Ichiro shouted to the others. "U-Use Isami as a guide...to avoid your attacks being blocked!" He slowly knelt down, surprised this actually worked and hoped the other students would take the efforts of Isami and himself well enough to prepare a coordinated strike.

MX55gTQ.png

“Ehh???!!!” Gin looked back at Creed with his signature ‘I want to kill you’ look. “Who do you think you’re calling ‘Peanut?!’” Creed was shoved away as Gin walked up to the enemy. Gin’s entire hand flashed like a rainbow before resting on a bright green.

‘He’s got colors other than red? Are they intensity?’ Creed was a bit surprised at seeing new functions of Gin’s Quirk. This was good information to have, so he sat back and watched Gin. Gin fired off a green laser from his finger, speeding straight towards Dragon. However, the attack was ineffective, as it was stopped about a meter in front of Dragon, not hitting its target.

“Don’t tell me I’m gonna have to crank this up more?!”

“You won’t have the chance, Peanut!” Dragon charged towards Gin incredibly quickly.

Creed burst into laughter at Dragon calling him Peanut too. “You got this, Peanut!” he called. Gin didn’t do anything, however. He stood there, almost as if he was scared. Dragon was nearly within his effective range when Mike came in and intercepted. Mike swung an uppercut into the empty space in between Dragon and Gin, and a second swing towards Dragon’s ribs. Both hits struck against an invisible force, which sent Dragon flying back quite a bit.

In the crowd, where Creed and Suna were, massive vibrations began shaking the ground beneath them. Ino was the epicenter, as usual. Creed leaned against a wall to maintain his balance, while Suna talked to Ino in his usual toneless voice. “You want to be a hero, right? Well, you can’t be one if you’re too afraid to step in when there are people in trouble. The true value of a hero is selflessness.” Suna stood up, watching the others who had decided to fight. “They might not be doing much, but that’s more than I can say for you.”

‘You’re not doing much either, you bum…’

Ino’s vibrations became much more intense. Suna almost fell over as Ino walked forward. She burst into a full run, making it to Gin and Mike. Ino got onto her knees and placed her hands on the ground, sending the vibrations forward towards Dragon. The vibrations behind her ended, allowing Creed to come off the wall. He looked over at the engagement, and Ino had managed to destroy the pavement and knock over Dragon. Gin fired off his Quirk a second time towards the villain, this time with a blue color. It had the same effect as the first shot, however, stopping a meter in front of Dragon. He threw a small tantrum towards his attack failing a second time.

Dragon struggled to regain his footing and managed to get into a kneeling position. Creed was trying to figure out how Dragon’s Quirk functioned, going over the various things he’s seen. ‘There has to be something there, but we can’t see it. It seems to have a maximum effective range, within which it can move freely and as quickly as it likes. It can pass through Dragon like a ghost, which let it pass through his leg to hit me… The hell is this?’ Creed’s thought process was interrupted when Ichiro and Isami acted again. Ichiro went for an elbow into the kneeling thug, but was stopped a meter in front of Dragon, like everything else had been. However, Ichiro gave a signal, and Isami, in snake form, wrapped around an invisible entity, crossing around in a sort of X.

“G-Guys!! Isami is wrapped around what this guy’s been using! U-Use Isami as a guide to avoid your attacks being blocked!”

“Well, that’s perfect!” Creed charged up two 40% pads that would send him up, and then down at an angle towards the Dragon. “Cell Phone! Keep up that intensity! Peanut, fire on my mark!”

Creed stepped on the first pad to launch himself upwards in an instant, then hit the second pad, which sent him straight down towards Dragon. His trajectory put him slightly to the left of the villain. With his arm outstretched, he sped in, aiming his arm for the Dragon’s neck. However, in the time it took for the two pads to activate, Dragon regained his footing and managed to stand once again. Additionally, Creed’s first launch went up to about 40 meters, giving Dragon enough time to see him. As Creed rocketed downwards, Dragon intercepted by grabbing his legs. Creed was spun around, making a full rotation, before being brought up and slammed into the ground. The slam knocked the wind out of him, and stunned him for a moment. Fighting against the pain, he rolled away and barely managed to get himself standing again, about two meters away from Dragon. He took a moment to regain his composure, and then looked down to place a 60% pad behind his foot, angled so that it would launch him directly at Dragon.

"How the f*** does a kid get slammed with that much force and still get up from it?" Creed was still out of breath from that slam, so he didn’t respond.

‘I’ve got 5 seconds before I can attack with this. If he decides to move, I’ll go to grapple him and get Peanut to shoot. If he doesn’t, I can charge him. Sixty percent is way too fast for him to stop me. I’m lined up with that building wall. The stun from hitting that should give Peanut plenty of time to fire there.’ Creed leaned forward, getting ready for whatever Dragon chose to do.

The five seconds felt like an eternity as Creed locked his eyes on Dragon. Dragon didn’t make any action, choosing to stand there intimidatingly. It seemed he wanted to challenge Creed’s tackle. Once the pad activated, Creed slowly pushed his heel back to make contact with the pad.

Mike

BGM:http://music.willbedfordmusic.co.uk/track/flux-storm

Much to Mike's surprise, what he had done not only worked, it had worked to great effect. He stood there, stunned, having just acted purely on reflex and instinct in the moment. From what he felt, the Dragon's quirk was something akin to a force-field, in the shape of his body, but it wasn't strong enough to stop Mike's quirk; either that, or it only worked on physical objects, and not the energy that Mike released from his body.

"Damn kid... there's only a couple of heroes who have given me that much trouble..." The ruffian cracked his knuckles and neck. "You're the dangerous one here..."

Mike snapped back into reality, hearing this, and seemed to only get more nervous, if that were possible. Oh my god he's going to kill me...

However, Mike's classmates jumped into action first. Ino moved in and activated her quirk, and while the Dragon's barrier absorbed the brunt of her attack, she only put out more force and seemed to break his defense, dropping him to his feet and leaving an opening. Gin moved in for another attack, but found his next shot blocked, just like his previous. Ichiro made a move with Isami, who transformed as a snake, wrapped around the Dragon's barrier, leaving a spot that was clear where it was. Creed made another attempt, but found his attack intercepted. The Dragon grabbed Creed by the leg, and slammed him into the ground before tossing him away.

Somehow, Creed stood back up, taunted by the Dragon, and glanced down. Mike followed his gaze and saw a familiar pad at Creed's feet, this one far more opaque than the others. What is he doing?! He's going to get himself killed! He already tried a sneak attack and a flank, what makes him think a full-frontal assault is going to work?!

"Creed, don't! You're going to get yourself hurt!" Mike pleaded, running into the fray again. Mike ran around to avoid being Creed's direct path. If he tried to do a full-frontal assault, Mike didn't want to get caught in that crossfire. Once Mike was around on a different side, he ran towards the Dragon again. Mike was ten meters away when he used his Quirk again, creating a bright green burst of energy at his back, and throwing him forward much faster than when he was running, hoping to catch the Dragon's reflexes off guard as Mike went in to execute an uppercut on the Dragon's chin using his quirk once more.

s06t3UC.png

"Isami!!" He turned his head towards Ichiro, before slithering towards him. "I have a plan. But I need to know something, how long are you able to hold your reptilian form?" 

"As long as I want." He answered, tilting his head curiously as Ichiro's face lit up. "Good...I need you to turn into a snake and wrap around my arm. When I give you the signal...I need you to wrap around whatever is in front of you." Isami gave him a confused look. "O-oh." He wasn't quite sure what he was planning, but he seemed like he knew was he was doing. "Ok!" He said confidently, before transforming into a Mamushi snake. Out of the shirt that was left on the ground, he made his way onto Ichiro's arm, wrapping himself around it.

x393wz.jpg

"Oh goodie...t-the handicap kid is back." Isami could hear the bad guy taunting Ichiro. "Back to break...m-m-more bones?" His words didn't seem to phase the young hero, however, as Ichiro dashed forward towards Dragon. He made his attack, which seemed to be blocked by an invisible force. "ISAMI!! NOW!!" Without hesitating, Isami launched himself forward, expecting to wrap himself around Dragon. Instead, however, he was wrapped around something invisible. "G-Guys!! Isami is wrapped around what this guy's been using!" Ichiro shouted to the others. "U-Use Isami as a guide...to avoid your attacks being blocked!" Isami's eyes lit up, before dedicating himself to keeping a hold of whatever he was on at the moment.

lmHWTAK.png

Sixteen...eighteen...twenty! Twenty red crystals floating in the air around Asuka. Everyone else fighting the villain was a great opportunity to mass-produce some crystals to attack with once an opening presented itself. However, more important right now was the dry feeling in Asuka's...well, everything really. I need water. The girl reached for and into her school bag, quickly pulling out a bottle of water, and a second one, before guzzling down the contents of both like she'd just gotten out of a vast desert. Much better.

And just in time too! With a bit of teamwork, Ichiro and Isami had managed to expose whatever was causing this villain to block all the attacks. Twenty crystals, Gin, Creed...without factoring in the other students, it was possible to attack from twenty-two different angles right now. No way he could block all of them. Asuka moved her crystals out, lining them all up to hit from different angles, but also taking care not to have any placed where a student was between the crystals and the target. The last thing she wanted was to end up with some friendly fire. Creed was getting ready to tackle the bad guy, or at least try to. She'd use that to her advantage.

"Creed, now!" Asuka called out. And not long after doing so, she moved all her crystals in to attack at once. Twenty-one angles; twenty-two if Gin fires now. We've got this.

h1v7t2f.png

They're really going at it.

Sayuri, meanwhile, was still perfectly content to keep her hands clean of this mess. Instead, she whipped out the trusty whiteboard, writing down a question on it real quick before tugging on Suna's sleeve. And once she had his attention, she brought her whiteboard up for him to see.

Should we help? And why are a handful of students doing better than your friend did anyway?

"Don't tell me what to do!"

It wasn’t aimed at you, you prick! Though it didn’t matter because Gin failed to fire his gun. Pretty soon everyone was in the fray, except for Sayuri and Suna, and Ichiro and Isami figured out that the invisible force was a being of some sort. With everyone on him, it was hard for Dragon to wonder who will attack next and where. Aaron saw that Asuka readied about 20 crystals or so, Creed had some pads set up, and Isami was just decoration for Dragon’s being. Dragon was super angry and if Aaron had any chance to help, it would be now. Dragon moved a few meters away from Aaron to attack some of the other students, and ended up being closer to Ichiro.

If I just make physical contact with him, I can shock him good! Let's just hope that nothing bad goes wrong. . . Let’s do! Getting up, Aaron ran towards Dragon, but he wasn’t the only one to have the same idea of blindly running towards a villain, Mike also was in pursuit. Mike was farther away from Dragon but used his Quirk to get much closer and faster to Dragon, getting his attention. At about 4 feet away, Aaron leaped towards Dragon aiming for his legs.

Archived