Hero Academia: Rise Above Max Omega! [My Hero Academia RP/Co-Hosted by Chaos Sonic and Yui/pg-13/IC/NA]

Mr. Hyde

hNqzNzP.jpg?1Ed751i6.jpg

Most of the students were easily ushered into the hole in the wall, and safely arrived at U.A., where Nurse Neko presided anxiously.  One by one, she hopped among the students to inject them with her healing serum, straight through her claws.  By the looks of it, it seemed like she was waiting an eternity.  She gasped when she saw Principal Glory with a broken Ichiro in his arms.  With her fur standing on end, she used all of her claws to heal the boy.  

"This is terrible!  Awful!  How could anyone do such a thing to children!"  

"My thoughts exactly..."  Glory proclaimed with a weary sigh.  As Ichiro was healed, rather quickly, Glory let the boy stand on his own two feet.  Glory looked back to the portal to see the last student, Gin, walk, nonchalantly, through.  The boy's face was ripen with anger.  "But they shall not get away with it."  Glory took one last look at the students, before nodding and heading off back towards the portal.  "If I catch any of you coming back through this...It'll be immediate expulsion.  You've done enough, but the actual Heroes are going to take care of the rest."  With that Gin spat to the side.  

"Hnnn..."  A groggy voice came from the back.  After receiving her treatment, Ino began to open her eyes to a fuzzy scene.  She was back at the school.  Around her, student's faces were filled with the utmost dread.  "D-did we win?"  She asked them all, somewhat frowning.

lSrjYyw.jpg?1

As the Grey Man looked on at Doctor Atomic, he could feel his body get lighter, as if the weight of the world had been lifted off of his shoulders.  He cocked an eyebrow at the U.A. Teacher before laughing.  

"Aw man!  Oh geez!  You really think I'm an idiot, don't you?"  He continued to laugh, holding his gut as he did so.  Wiping a tear off of his cheek, he stood back up, cracking his back as he did so.  "Well, let me let you in on a little secret.  You're powers are well known...do you not think we did even the slightest bit of research here?  Of course your first option is to lower my gravity.  But I was expecting the opposite."  The grey energy in the man's hand intensified.  "That would've just been more fun."  He smiled, before placing his hand in the opposite direction of the other.  Both hands shot off a stream of grey energy.  "If I shoot with the same amount of force in the opposite direction, I can't be knocked back!  Inertia is a jabroni ain't it, Dr. Atomic!"

knZTZIA.png?1

Creed screams would be in vain.  This building had been empty for months now, and the red liquid he had seen on the wall was a fresh layer of spray paint.  He wouldn't know it, but a slight trickle of sand was now creeping up his leg.  Small bits at first, that turned into an almost instantaneous stream which engulfed his entire body in a matter of seconds.  From the shadows of the destroyed building emerged Wendigo, who walked up straight to Creed, who was covered in a hovering sphere of sand.  

"Wow...you've really got guts kid.  That's the tastiest part by the way!  And I respect that.  I also respect that you would make such an easy hostage for me!  You're a real life saver!"  Wendigo chuckled, his hand still raised and controlling the sand.  "You could almost say that you're totally my hero!  YAHAHAHAHAH!"

Seconds later, Omega Star burst into the remains of the lower level of the building, stopping in her tracks once she saw Creed in ball of sand.  

"Put that kid down or else..."  

"Or else what sweetie?  I'm taking this kid, and I'm walking out of here a free man...monster...WHATEVER!  I'm the one with all of the leverage here."  He said, pointing to Creed, and intensifying the pressure of the sand around the boy.  "I can crush him in an instant.  Faster than it would take you to get from there to here.  And trust me, I ain't got no issues with some more blood on my hands."  

Omega Star grit her teeth.  She had no option...unless...

She looked at the kid again, hoping he had a plan of some sort.  

• Replies 643
  • Created
  • Last Reply

s06t3UC.png

As he slithered through the portal, he found himself back in the school. He let out a sigh of relief, looking around the place. It seemed he was one of the last ones to get through the portal, seeing most of the other students standing together. While it was clear that they had been treated by the nurse, they still looked exhausted from what had happened. Still, they were in one piece, and that's all that really mattered right now. He heard the nurse call for him to treat his wounds. He looked up to the nurse, and then quickly looked back down at the ground. "O-oh! S-s-s-sorry, I f-forgot..." He spoke with his face burning red, forgetting about his low viewpoint. "I should probably tu..." He thought to himself, before realizing that his clothing had been left behind in the battleground. "...right." He let out a sigh, before shifting his form into his half snake form. His face was still bright red, not only because of the prior experience, but also because he was currently shirtless. To make matters worse, he was still covered in gunk from the gutter. He quietly slithered to the corner of the room, which happened to be near Sayuri. He made his way near her, although kept his distance.

"Helloi." He waved at the wolf girl. He would wait for the girl to respond before continuing on. "I'm glad to see that you're safe. I got worried when... you know..." He chuckled nervously, taking another look around the room. He noticed that something was missing here. "Hey, do you know where Creed it? I haven't seen him since we were on the rooftop."

h1v7t2f.png

"Hello."

Sayuri's ears perked up as she got started on setting Terro down wherever was convenient. A chair or a bed. She wasn't about to just drop someone onto the floor. What kind of person did that?

"I'm glad to see that you're safe. I got worried when... you know... Hey, do you know where Creed it? I haven't seen him since we were on the rooftop."

Once Terro was set down, effectively freeing up Sayuri's hands to let her communicate again, she responded to the question about Creed with a simple shake of the head. He'll show up, she signed. He wasn't really that hurt last I saw him; he should be fine. I'm a bit burnt but otherwise fine. How about you? You feel better than you smell, I hope. Just what was that gunk on him? Sayuri only at that moment realized her whiteboard wasn't on her person, as she was about to switch to written words to communicate. Even if some of the class was figuring out sign language, she didn't like the entire class having to learn it just for them to understand what she was trying to tell them. Writing was a lot easier for others to understand.

But going back through the portal to get it meant expulsion. Sayuri looked a bit defeated, not really eager to buy a new one. The small claw and tooth marks around the edges that were put there when Sayuri wasn't sure what to say, the small missing bit in the corner she'd bitten off when somebody confessed to her back home... admittedly, Sayuri's whiteboard had definitely seen better days. But it had character. She thought about how to replace it for just a moment, before spotting the familiar, clawed-up whiteboard out the corner of her eye. Someone had been writing on it. Sayuri went to retrieve it, taking care not to step too close to the portal in the process. She didn't recognize this handwriting, but whoever wrote it said they were staying behind. Only one student wasn't here. Putting two and two together wasn't that hard.

Creed.

Well, now we know. Sayuri picked up the whiteboard, turned, and returned to Isami, holding it up with one hand and grabbing the marker with the other. Under Creed's note, she added a few words of her own.

Found Creed. Sort of.

lmHWTAK.png
"This is terrible! Awful! How could anyone do such a thing to children!"

Because villains don't care. They have a goal, and don't care what they have to do for it.

"If I catch any of you coming back through this... It'll be immediate expulsion. You've done enough, but the actual Heroes are going to take care of the rest."

Asuka nodded. As Nurse Neko went about healing the others, Asuka was a little relieved she hadn't done any fighting. She hated needles, and wasn't exactly comfortable with the idea of somebody's claws also being needles that were stuck into Asuka to heal her. She shuddered at the thought. Meanwhile, one of the worse-off students was coming back to consciousness. Ino was finally waking up, allowing Asuka to set the girl down.

"D-did we win?"

Asuka hesitated to answer at first. Technically they won, but that was only because the teachers showed up. The fight for the students themselves was a crushing defeat. Most everyone was injured to varying degrees, not to mention the scene with Suna... that would be on Asuka's mind for a while. But how much did Ino witness? She wasn't conscious for the end of it all. It was better to lie this one time, right? Technically, it wasn't even a lie. Glory was there. Lady Law was there. So many of U.A.'s greatest heroes were there, filling in where a bunch of incompetent kids did... passably well. Of course they won!

It still felt like a lie though.

"Yes," Asuka answered. "Yes, we won." She opted to leave it at that. Next time, we're winning it ourselves.

Langley watched the large mouthed bass-man with a mask carefully.  He propelled energy in opposite directions, to keep himself balanced.  Dr. Atomic, as a seemingly obvious point slipped by the mask man.  "You have two hands," Atomic began, lowering himself onto a nearby rooftop.  Meaning you can balance yourself in one place for one given scenario at a time.  Why is this true?" Atomic asked, opening his right palm.  "Because in order to maintain balance, you need to use both hands in opposite directions of each other.  But, that leaves you vulnerable, Mr. Villain."

Atomic began to smile cheekily, as he changed the scales of gravity on his foe.  He stifled a laugh, and instead increased the gravity on the temple of the man's head by pointing a finger, and causing him to shift gently backwards.  "Now, will you balance your sides or your torso?  I think I'll take you for a little spin."

With a few flicks of his fingers, Dr. Atomic lowered the gravity around his legs, and increased it around his temple.  "Act quickly now, before I decide to normalize you and change the gravity in your right shoulder and your left leg.  We'll make you into a spinning flame wheel!  That should entertain the children!" Atomic said with a hearty laugh.  "If you're going to play with inertia, you'd better be prepared to embrace all of it!"

Of course, Atomic could have simply just tripled the enemy's gravity around his entire body and sank him into the rooftop.  Or he could lower the gravity on a stray pebble, bring it into flight, and then increase its gravity while throwing it his enemy's skull.  But those methods weren't very interesting.  Spinning them around like little villain spinning tops, however, required less effort, was just as effective, and left Dr. Atomic with a free hand.  "The villain on the roof spins round and round, round and round, round and round," he sang aloud.

F7eoyPD.jpg

iU8EggM.png

"This is terrible!  Awful!  How could anyone do such a thing to children!"

Once Ichiro heard this, he felt the claws of Nurse Neko on him and he winced in pain for a short moment. Soon he felt himself getting numb, just like the last time he had her heal him. Either way, at least he was healed up without any problems now.

"If I catch any of you coming back through this...It'll be immediate expulsion. You've done enough, but the actual Heroes are going to take care of the rest."

"Whatever you say..." Ichiro mumbled some, looking away. Oh sure, they did more than enough, but what was the payout? He severely injured himself, Terro exhausted everything he had, Ino had passed out with over-exhaustion of her Quirk...speaking of...

"D-did we win?"

"Yes. Yes, we won."

But did we really though? Ichiro thought, rubbing the back of his neck, glancing over at Ino and Asuka. He really wanted to say that. But what was the use of just saying it? What was the use of him literally saying: We lost miserably! Our teacher got the hell beat out of him and he lost his arm! Double Dragon was snagged! And half of us pretty much got severely injured and were acting way too reckless! We fought real villains...AND WE LOST!!

These thoughts were something that Ichiro just wanted to shout out. But he didn't. Rather that, he took out his phone and began to text Rei, just to let his older brother know he was alright.

MX55gTQ.png

Creed’s voice echoed through the empty building. ‘Perhaps there was no one after all,’ he thought. He started to lower the rock he was lifting, back onto the rest of the rubble. Meanwhile, he felt a slight tickle crawling up his leg, as if an ant was making its way up. However, almost immediately right as Creed noticed it, a giant rush of sand engulfed him. He could barely react, trying to jump away. All that did, however, was leave him in an awkward position in the sphere of sand. His legs were both curled behind him and contained within the sphere, and he had one arm awkwardly sticking out in an uncomfortable way.

“Wow… you’ve really got guts, kid. That’s the tastiest part, by the way! And I respect that. I also respect that you would make such an easy hostage for me! You’re a real lifesaver! You could almost say that you’re totally my hero! YAHAHAHAHAH!”

It was the red fur monster from earlier. The one he tried to bait away with the bullfighting shtick. “Oh, yeah, I guess you could say I’m here to lend a helping hand.” Creed wiggled his head enough so that he could turn to look at Wendigo. “By the way, Furball… I don’t actually know your name so I made one.”

“I don’t think you’re in the position to be making jokes, pipsqueak.”

The sand around him tightened, making it harder to breathe. Creed puffed out his chest as much as he could against the sand to relieve most of the restriction. It didn’t seem like the monster would have a favorable response to Creed’s words.

Before Creed could say anything else, Omega Star appeared on the scene in front of them, interrupting the attempted conversation. The sand even let up slightly, but not enough to make a difference. “Put that kid down or else…”

“Or else what, sweetie? I’m taking this kid, and I’m walking out of here a free man… monster… WHATEVER! I’m the one with all of the leverage here.” The sand around Creed began to tighten, and he could feel it beginning to become more solid. “I can crush him in an instant. Faster than it would take you to get from there to here. And trust me, I ain’t got no issues with some more blood on my hands.”

As the sand became more and more solid, and idea formed in Creed’s head. In the past, he didn’t like beaches, or sand in general. The particles of sand were too loose and he couldn’t activate Launch Pad. The only place he could do it was closer to the water where the waves would crash. The sand there was packed together well enough that it fulfilled the conditions for his Quirk. In his current situation, with the ball of sand becoming tighter and tighter, he only needed five more seconds to be free. With the sand packed together so closely, it became solid enough that Creed would be able to use Launch Pad.

He turned his head again so he could look at Wendigo, and placed a pad in front of his own face. It faced away from Wendigo, so he wouldn’t be able to see it. It aimed to go past Omega Star, into the general vicinity of where he remembered the hole being. He couldn’t turn his head in that direction to be able to aim at its exact location, but an estimation should have been close enough. All he had to do now was distract Wendigo for five seconds without provoking him. By talking, of course.

“Hey, so anyway,” he started under strained breath, “For a villain, you actually look pretty cool. Like, you’d probably make some kickass merch.” Back when Creed was growing up, some high-profile villains actually had their own merchandising lines. It stirred up a massive controversy, and most stores stopped stocking villain merchandise. Nowadays, they’re incredibly rare and valuable, only ever seen as collector's items. Creed owns two action figures in moderate condition.

Either way, he didn’t need to wait for a response from the beast. His short spiel was long enough that the pad activated in the middle of it. He put the one arm that was awkwardly sticking out against his head to protect from whiplash, and nudged his head forward to touch the pad. The sudden force broke through the grip on the sand, and in a flash, he skidded along the ground, past Splotch’s portal. He looked around, noticing that he was a good distance away from most of the commotion.

There was a lot of sand in places where sand didn’t need to be. Sliding along the ground with it didn’t help. He stood up and shook himself out, getting most of the sand out, but not getting rid of the gritty feeling. His body still felt the constriction of the sand ball, almost missing it. He took off his socks and shoes, and walked barefoot into the portal.

‘I need a shower…’

Everyone was quiet in the nurse’s office. It was a very negative atmosphere; which didn’t particularly sit well with Creed. He was reminded of something his father told him often when coming back from particularly stressful hero work.

“Instead of worrying about the one person you can’t save, think about the hundred that you can.”

Creed clasped his hands together before he started talking. “Well,” he said loudly, “we had a fun trip, didn’t we?”

Mike

The students followed through the portal one after the other, finding themselves safely back at the school. Everyone was shaken in their own way, and many were recovering from their own injuries; waking up or being treated directly by Nurse Neko. Mike stood by a desk, but as the adrenaline wore he began to realize the aching he felt all over his body from exertion, and the strong pain in his stomach from having puked up its contents earlier.

"If I catch any of you coming back through this...It'll be immediate expulsion.  You've done enough, but the actual Heroes are going to take care of the rest," Glory told all the students, heading back through the portal herself. Well, at least there was no question about heading back or not.

"D-did we win?" Ino asked, waking up.

"Yes, we won," Asuka responded, setting the other girl down.

"Hey, do you mind if I have a water bottle?" Mike asked Asuka weakly, who nodded and passed over one of the water bottles she had gotten in its case. "Thanks." Mike took the water bottle and took a large gulp, groaning at the sharp pain in his stomach and proceeding to slowly sip it afterwards.

The only one of the students to not return through the portal was Creed. Mike glanced around the room to see if he could spot Creed, and then saw Sayuri hold up her whiteboard with two different sets of handwriting; Creed's and her own. Creed had opted to stay behind; for what reason he didn't know. Either he wanted to show off to the pro heroes, or maybe he was just really stupid. Either way, an entire team of some of the finest heroes in Japan had shown up to deal with the villains; either way the villains were about to be dealt with unless they made their escape. Mike let out a soft groan as he leaned back on one of the desks, feeling somewhat better now that he was getting some fluids back in his body. Too much had just happened, and this was only the first week into the semester. Would he last any longer than this? Maybe that's what being a hero meant: learning to live with such a fast-paced and trying lifestyle. Were any of them up for the job?

Mike turned and looked at Asuka for a moment, remembering what he had heard the villains say. If what they said was true, that she really was Bloodstone's daughter, then that would explain her reaction earlier in class. But, if she was that worried then when Creed was just poking for... whatever reason, then she would be devastated if she knew the villains had said it out loud. So, she wasn't around to hear them say that, at the least. Mike turned to Asuka and got her attention.

"I didn't see you guys much during the fight with that..." Mike paused as he suppressed another memory of seeing his teacher's arm being eaten off. "...thing. Did you get out okay?"

Terro woke up with a cough, sand coming out of his mouth as he did. Man, he was beginning not to like sand. It was coarse, rough... and irritating... and it got everywhere.  He sat up weakly, realizing he was in a chair. How did he get here...? He looked around, seeing that they weren't in the streets, but in the school. How did they get here? He did his best to stand up, reaching for the belt on his waist, undoing it so he could take off his top in order to shake out the sand. 

"Wh-what happened?" He asked as he put his gi top down. "Did everyone make it...?" He looked around. Was sensei okay? He had his arm chomped off... and Double Dragon was snagged. He clenched his fist, looking at it. No matter how hard he trained in the past, it was useless against real villains. Was his conviction so weak? He didn't know... but he had to get stronger... and fast.  He could never let something like that every happen again. 

Ed751i6.jpghNqzNzP.jpg?1

The room was quiet, as she asked the question.  However, Asuka was the first to respond.  Her words were hefty, filled with assurance. 

"Yes, we won."

“Well,” Creed shouted, “we had a fun trip, didn’t we?”  It was then that Creed found his way through the portal, his uniform all splotched with black polka-dots.  The boy looked worse for wear, as if he had just tangoed with a three left legged partner.  Ino took another look around the room.  All of her classmate's were safe and sound.  She gave a sigh of relief.  

"I'm glad everyone's safe now..."  

"EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH?!"  Gin shouted.  In the corner of the office, he sat in the corner of the classroom.  "WE WON HUH?!"  He started walking up to Asuka with his fists curled.  "How are you going to lie to her like that huh?  How are you going to say that with a straight face!"  His arms were trembling now,  Jailbird walked up to the boy to try and calm him down, or maybe to pacify the boy's quirk in his rage, but he shrugged her off.  "None of us...none of us stood a chance today."  Gin reeled at the thought of what he just said.  Now his voice was trembling.  "You can say that...with Suna-Sensei lying over there like that?!"  Gin pointed to their hobbled teacher in the corner, still unconscious.  When Ino saw the sight, her eyes started to well up tears.  Nurse Neko lay over the man, injecting him with her fluids.  

"W-what happened to Sensei?!"  She asked.  It must have happened when she was knocked unconscious by Wendigo.  

"I couldn't show off!"  Gin said, gritting his teeth.  "I'm supposed to be the number one student in this school...and I couldn't even manage that."  End sniper had failed him...if he had aimed for the head...

"W-well I'm sure Nurse Neko has the situation under control!"  She turned to Nurse Neko, who could only look on in sadness.  She shook her head.  Seeing that made Ino's heart sink.  Her legs started to make the floor shake.  "H-huh...why not?"  With the question, Nurse Neko sighed, shakily.  

"I can't just make an arm pop out of nowhere.  With my healing abilities, I just speed up your healing process."  She laid a hand on Suna, a tear dropping onto his face.  "Your body can't just make another arm...you don't have the materials for it anymore.  No bone...no nerves...it's irreparable without it."  

"If you two hadn't..."  Gin could be heard saying as he now was walking up to Creed.  "If you two hadn't just up and vanished, maybe we would have had a chance!  An inkling of a chance...then all of this wouldn't have been in vain.  We could've walked out of this with our hero certifications in tow!"  The room was getting chaotic, Jailbird, Nurse Neko, and Splotch being the only teachers in the room.  They could only look on at the dispute.  They understood the children's sentiments, but they wouldn't let this get too out of hand.  

HQiOaTA.png?1

lSrjYyw.jpg?1

For a moment, he thought he had outsmart Dr. Atomic.  However, the man's quirk was much more versatile than he remembered, and he could soon feel his head getting heavier.  With it weighing his down his position started to shift, his arms doing the same.  He was now almost spinning in a circle, and with all the force of his blasts, he was now spinning rather fast.  

"The villain on the roof spins round and round, round and round, round and round,"

"You're using me....AS CHILDREN'S ENTERTAINMENT?!"  His veins surged with rage, as the device on his chest now grew a bright red, blinking multiple times as he did so.  A large wave of grey energy surged forth from every inch of the man's body, causing himself to stop spinning, and to knock Dr. Atomic away.  The device on the grey man's stomach was now a stagnant red.  His body was now glowing the same grey that enveloped his hands earlier.  "I didn't think I'd get pushed this far...but that's some sort of quirk you got there Atomic."  Regular pulses of grey energy started to radiate from his body, in synchronicity.  "But you've surely underestimated mine as well."

With a smirk, he poised himself so that it seemed like he was charging ki.  

"If you play any more games...this whole district...hell, probably this whole city, goes bye bye.  Do not pass go, do not collect two hundred dollars...straight to ash."  He raised an eyebrow.  "Now what kind of hero would let that happen?"

HQiOaTA.png?1

knZTZIA.png?1

Wendigo seemed slightly surprised that the kid had managed to escape, somehow.  With his leverage gone, he cracked his neck and knuckles.

"Well toots...looks like it's just me and you."  He raised his fists.  "This would've been a lot easier on you, had you just let me walk outta he-"  In an instant, he was punched in the face.  Parts of his skull shattered, as his was flown to the other side of the building, due to the aftermath of the punch he had received.  Rising from the rubble, and his jaw dislocated, he looked on with a rather pleased look.  "Wowee!  That was some sort of punch lady!"  He relocated his jaw, and laughed.  "It's as if you're trying to kill m-"  Again, Omega Star was on top of him in an instant, raising her fist to the air, and slamming it back down into Wendigo.  She repeated this process over and over, beating Wendigo into a pile of fur and blood.  However, after every couple of punches, he would completely regenerate, allowing for the process to keep on going. 

"I've never had a living punching bag before!  I'm gonna let all of this out on you!"  

After every punch, all she could hear was Wendigo's laughter.  

"I'm-getting-used-to-the-pain"  He said, in between punches.  As one fist flew through the air, Wendigo seamlessly caught it.  "Oh dear...getting tired?"  He snickered, as his grip was firmed around Omega's fist.  "I had lunch before this, and a snack in between.  I could do this all day...until dinner."  

"YOU SONOFA-"  Omega screamed, as she raised her hand into the air, Wendigo along with it.  She reeled another punch, and let the villain have it straight through the gut, her fist flying out of the other side of his back.  "GIVE ME BACK HIS ARM!"  

MX55gTQ.png

Creed’s half-assed attempt at lightening the atmosphere was met by Gin’s rage. “If you two hadn’t up and vanished, maybe we would have had a chance! An inkling of a chance… then all of this wouldn’t have happened. We could’ve walked out of this with our hero certifications in tow!”

Creed held back a snicker. “That’s not how certifications work, Peanut,” he said, putting his hand on Gin’s head and ruffling his hair. From there, he pulled the boy in with his arm around his shoulder, and both of them turned to look at Asuka. “Besides, it was her idea to actually call the school for help. I got her out of there to facilitate that. So, if we hadn’t ‘up and vanished,’ we’d all be looking at a worst-case scenario by now. You would do well to recognize that.” Creed took his arm away and turned to face Gin.

“I would have rather died trying than becoming a failure!” Gin spit towards Creed, who reflexively turned his body away. “Now look at us… defeated. Not even able to help anyone. And then we have trash like you, who leave during the most pivotal moment. To what? Call for help? Pathetic.”

Gin’s anger emanated from him like a space heater, enough that Creed could almost physically feel it. “With sentiments like that, you will never become a hero.” Creed was now standing with his body directly parallel with Gin’s, with barely a foot between them. “Listen to me, Peanut. We are not defeated. All of us are alive, and we can move forward from here.” Creed backed up just a tad, loosening his stance. “You are not a hero. None of us are. That’s why we are students. We are here to grow, and become full-fledged heroes, not throw ourselves at the first chance we see to die.”

Creed didn’t feel like waiting for a response from him. While he started out wanting to antagonize Gin, he started thinking back to what his father taught him about what it means to be a hero. And how right now, Gin was almost the exact opposite of his father’s words. Creed gave a light tap to Gin’s chest as he turned around to leave, while still keeping awareness for any retaliation. “I’m going over to the locker rooms to take a shower. Also, if someone could translate everything I said for Sayuri, that'd be great.” He made vague hand motions referencing sign language before walking over to the door.

Before he left the office, he turned around to say one more thing to Gin.

“By the way, Peanut… Would you rather all of us had died in that city?

F7eoyPD.jpg

iU8EggM.png

-BGM-

"EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH?! WE WON HUH?! How are you going to lie to her like that huh?  How are you going to say that with a straight face! None of us...none of us stood a chance today."

Ichiro looked over in the direction of Gin, drawing his attention away from his phone. The guy was right, as much as he didn't want to admit it. They did, for all intents and purposes, lost that fight. Those were real villains and they were just students. With a small sigh of defeat, he turned his attention back at the phone, awaiting for Rei to reply back to him.

"I can't just make an arm pop out of nowhere.  With my healing abilities, I just speed up your healing process. Your body can't just make another arm...you don't have the materials for it anymore.  No bone...no nerves...it's irreparable without it."

This was actually pretty dire when he heard this. Currently right now... "That...beast guy has the arm..." Ichiro mumbled, shaking his head a bit some. Maybe if they brought the arm back, they might be able to fix Suna back to 100%...keyword was maybe.

"If you two hadn't just up and vanished, maybe we would have had a chance!  An inkling of a chance...then all of this wouldn't have been in vain.  We could've walked out of this with our hero certifications in tow!"

“That’s not how certifications work, Peanut. Besides, it was her idea to actually call the school for help. I got her out of there to facilitate that. So, if we hadn’t ‘up and vanished,’ we’d all be looking at a worst-case scenario by now. You would do well to recognize that.”

“I would have rather died trying than becoming a failure! Now look at us… defeated. Not even able to help anyone. And then we have trash like you, who leave during the most pivotal moment. To what? Call for help? Pathetic.”

It was obvious now that Creed and Gin were arguing at this point, but all it seemed to Ichiro was that they were obviously trying to see which one was top dog at this point. Seriously? We almost die and these two want to do something like this? he thought, shaking his head slightly, before feeling his phone vibrate. Looking down, he immediately saw his brother's text.

"Ichi! I got your text! Are you alright?"

"I'm fine Rei...had my legs and wrists broken cause of my Quirk. But...but we're all good now."

"I'm so glad. I'll swing by as soon as I can. I'm pretty sure given the situation, classes will be canceled for the rest of the day."

"Kk Rei..."

Ichiro lowered his phone and sighed a bit. This whole ordeal really made him not want to be a hero anymore. Still, there was something that came to his mind whenever he just kept thinking about what transpired. Those words he said...

"What are we...? We're...WE'RE STUDENTS OF U.A!!!!"

Why...why did I say that? Ichiro thought. And why did he just all of a sudden run towards that Wendigo guy? Was it all just the adrenaline that he was feeling throughout the entirety of that situation when he said it? As he slowly stood up, slightly wobbling because of the numbness from Nurse Neko's healing, he slid his phone into his pocket. He wanted to ask one of the teachers here about that.

However, that's about the same time he heard Creed speak up towards Gin once more.

This was now getting out of control. Gin was pretty much a nuclear reactor, so to speak, just waiting to go off. And this kid was just egging him on like this. "Creed!" he shouted, before sighing. "Drop the conversation...please. T-This situation...isn't something to joke around with. A-And neither is that scenario..."

lmHWTAK.png

"I didn't see you guys much during the fight with that... thing. Did you get out okay?"

Asuka nodded. She was, by her count, the only person to not get injured during the fight. It wasn't exactly something to be proud of in this context. She was about to follow up with a verbal answer, when suddenly...

"EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH?! WE WON HUH?! How are you going to lie to her like that huh? How are you going to say that with a straight face! None of us...none of us stood a chance today. You can say that...with Suna-Sensei lying over there like that?! If you two hadn't... If you two hadn't just up and vanished, maybe we would have had a chance! An inkling of a chance...then all of this wouldn't have been in vain. We could've walked out of this with our hero certifications in tow!"

"He--" Asuka didn't have time to think of and voice her retort before Creed stepped in. Both of them were right, unfortunately. It made it impossible to figure out which side of the argument Asuka was supposed to support. They weren't heroes yet; that was why they were here. At the same time, none of the students stood a chance in that fight, and - at least as far as the fight the students themselves partook in - it was by all means a loss. People were injured, Suna-sensei had lost an entire arm, and just like Gin said, she and Creed did run off. But that running off was what allowed for the phone call to U.A., leading to the heroes arriving to stop those villains. She was simply conflicted.

Perhaps it was better to not get involved in this one.

"Creed! Drop the conversation...please. T-This situation...isn't something to joke around with. A-And neither is that scenario..."

A voice of reason. Asuka nodded in agreement. This was going to turn into a situation with no winners; it was best to defuse it. "He's right. Everyone is. We didn't stand a chance today, especially after Creed and I split away from the rest of the class. But that splitting off let me call the school, so that the staff could show up and keep us all from dying. That's that, and it's better to drop the conversation now that the facts are out there."

This was stressful. Gin was a loose cannon, Creed was too good at pushing his buttons, and although it was ultimately none of her business, Asuka wasn't about to let the boys kill each other. That would leave the class out two students short; two promising heroes someday. She wanted a cup of tea right about now. With cinnamon. Maybe I'll make some for the whole class before coming to school tomorrow. I can't imagine Gin being much of a tea type of person though... I can give his to Ino maybe. She looks like she needs it most.

h1v7t2f.png

"EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH?!"

Sayuri flinched slightly as Gin's voice suddenly went up. If I ever become deaf, I'm blaming all of you. She paid just enough attention to the boys and their arguing to say she paid any at all, but her attention turned toward the boys at the mention of her name.

“I’m going over to the locker rooms to take a shower. Also, if someone could translate everything I said for Sayuri, that'd be great.”

But I'm not deaf. Not yet anyway. She considered signing it over to Creed, but she honestly wasn't sure if he'd get the message. Why did he think she was deaf anyway? Instead, she started erasing the whiteboard, before jotting down a question and nudging the nearby half-snake with the corner of her trusty whiteboard.

You didn't think I was deaf at first, did you?

s06t3UC.png

Sayuri started signing some stuff at him, not having her whiteboard on her. They had taken some sign language classes, but despite Isami's best attempts he had a bit of trouble getting a good grasp on the language. He was, however, able to pick up on the general idea of what she was trying to say. Or at least he hoped he did. He nodded. "Yeah, outside of... well..." He gestured at the gunk around him, blushing slightly. "... I'm fine." He was glad to hear that she and Creed seemed to be fine, although he was still worried about the boy. It didn't help that it seemed like Sayuri didn't know where he was.

Soon after their conversation, Sayuri found her whiteboard. On it was something written, although it was clearly not her handwriting. Isami wasn't able to read it, as Sayuri had grabbed it relatively quicky. However, after she wrote something, she showed him the whiteboard.  [Remember that building that collapsed earlier? I’m about 60% sure that there might have been people in there. I’m going to go look.] Found Creed. Sort of. Isami stared at the words for a second before the connection was made. "Is he insane!?" He let out a bit louder than he had wanted to, before clasping his hands over his mouth. "Sorry." He was incredible worried about Creed. Hopefully he'd get out as soon as possible.

After what felt like an eternity to him, Creed stepped out of the portal. He nearly jumped at Creed to greet him back, but remembered that he was still, in fact, covered in gunk. "I'm glad everyone's safe now..." Isami nodded in agreement, although not everyone seemed to agree. Gin seemed very upset with how everything had gone down. Creed interjected and, before Isami knew it, the two boys were arguing. Isami didn't know what to do other than just stand there awkwardly, so standing he did. 

"I'd love to stay and chat, but there's a lot of sand in certain places and I really don't like sand." Creed responded to those that had commented on the situation, before taking his leave to the shower. Isami sighed, feeling the tense atmosphere that the two boys had left in the room. He looked out one of the windows of the room, taking in the scenery. He noted the birds that were flying around one of the trees, going on their lives. It helped Isami calm down a bit; they reminded him that, whether they succeeded or not, they were safe. As he was staring off into the sun, he felt Sayrui nudging him for his attention. Turning to her, he read what was written on the whiteboard.

You didn't think I was deaf at first, did you?

Isami scratched the back of his head, chuckling awkwardly. "I, uh... well... might of thought that you could of been deaf when we first met." He shrugged. "I could tell you weren't, though, when you reacted to the bell's loud noise."

Gin started off again and everyone started to get rowdy as well just to combat the amount of hate Gin was feeling right now. Aaron didn’t want any of this as much as anyone here, especially since after such a traumatic event, even Creed was bouncing out after confronting Gin. As Creed proceeded to leave, Aaron proceeded to follow him out the door. “I’m leaving too, just going to a piano practice room to calm down.”

As Aaron made his way down to a practice room, he stopped in front of the window looking out to towards the street as cars passed by, unaware of what happened to Class 1-A today. It was still too soon for anyone to really know what happened, not even parents were alerted yet of the event. Aaron let out a sigh and continued walking, passing classes full of students to dark rooms that echoed silence just looking into them. There were only 3 rooms with pianos in them and none were taken, so Aaron popped in and left the door open just to fill the halls with calming music as he pondered.

So far, this day has been literally the worst in my high school life, not even freshman year back in Cali wasn’t this bad, but this is a hero school, so expect the worst. . . Why am I like this? . . . Why does it feel like everyone just . . . ignores me? Did I do something wrong? Mike seems to like me as a friend, but even then, everyone just seems so . . . distant from each other . . . I wish I could do something about it, but just feeling everyone’s expressions from my outburst this morning, even with good intentions, just don’t want to hear from me. Why is everyone so stubborn and angry all the time?! Even I’m angry over the fact that I’m not putting myself out and now I feel useless and helpless, even when I’m not! ““WHY AM I DOING THIS TO MYSELF?!?!?!””

Aaron slams his fists on the piano keys out of frustration creating a loud clatter of notes. Tears begin to swell up as they start to decorate the keys with puddles. Wiping the tears away, Aaron decided to not focus any more on the subject any longer and continued to play the piano in hope that the day will end faster.

Scholarly Difference

Dr. Atomic yawned as his opponent threatened him.  It was quite a bold statement, but the hero couldn't help but to not believe his enemy.

"You see, while 'destroying the city' is quite a viable threat, it doesn't make much sense on your part," Dr. Atomic said.  He took a few steps left and began pacing back and forth.  "If destroying the city was your goal, you would have done so quite some time ago.  The number of innocents present who were unaware of your intentions would greatly increase your clout as a villain, if you were to suddenly wipe them from the face of the earth, undetected."  Dr. Atomic raised a finger, as he gestured towards the sky.  "However, despite the circumstances, and your multiple opportunities to destroy this place, you have squandered the opportunity to do so.  And if you were going to destroy this city and everyone and everything in it, you would not have told me so," Dr. Atomic said matter-of-factly.  

The hero stopped in place, standing directly across from his foe, and let a hand fall to his side.  "In conclusion, I'm calling your bluff.  It is only natural for a villain such as yourself to make a grand threat when they are in dire distress.  Besides," Dr. Atomic said.  "Judging by a very mere example of your Quirk, it would take more than five seconds for you to expel all of your energy at once.  By the time you reach that point, I will have buried you far beneath the earth.  And that would turn your bomb into a dud."

Dr. Atomic folded his arms but kept his left fingers open and available beneath his other arm.  It would allow him to react more quickly if this villain was truly suicidal and intended on killing himself, his allies, and everyone else.  A flick of the wrist could massively increase his opponent's gravity, and bury him underground.  Or, he could launch the enemy into the air, far above the city limits.  This would be a more logical, and safe reply should this bluff be true.  But it would require Langley to put his own life in danger to accomplish.

Mike

Nurse Neko was making her rounds and finally reached Mike, giving him a quick checkup that seemed shorter than others. "You've lost a lot of fluids; make sure you're drinking plenty of water, and have some bread once your stomach feels better. Otherwise, you should take it easy," Nurse Neko explained as Mike nodded, tempted to go for one of his energy gels but feeling like that would be a bad idea for recovering in his current state.

Asuka seemed to start talking to Mike, but everything seemed to go south. Gin started a ruckus, verbally attacking Asuka and others over the situation of the whole thing; refusing to see what had just transpired as anything more than a loss. Everyone in the class looked very dismayed and discouraged from the event, and Mike couldn't deny that he felt just as bad about the whole thing. But there was still something bugging him about what everyone was saying, and it wasn't long until he wasn't able to hold himself back from speaking up, but was cut off by Asuka first.

"He's right. Everyone is. We didn't stand a chance today, especially after Creed and I split away from the rest of the class. But that splitting off let me call the school, so that the staff could show up and keep us all from dying. That's that, and it's better to drop the conversation now that the facts are out there."

Mike looked down at his feet for a moment. They were only at this for a week; he wasn't sure why anyone expected themselves to do more than they could. The fact that they got out alive was an accomplishment in and of itself.

"Can we go yet? Though I don't know if I really wanna just walk myself back home today..." Mike spoke up yet, his voice trailing off at the latter half of his statement.

hNqzNzP.jpg?1Ed751i6.jpg

“By the way, Peanut… Would you rather all of us had died in that city?

The question echoed throughout the room.  The question rattled around Gin's brain for a moment, before turning into an answer that hung on his lips.  With venom about to drip from his words, he was interrupted by Ichiro.  

"Creed!  Drop the conversation...please. T-This situation...isn't something to joke around with. A-And neither is that scenario..."

Gin sneered.  

"As if I was even joking.  Little Hero Boy over here wants to have a moment of levity...right after it all happened.  Like I was going to let him off the hook."  Gin didn't know why he wasn't going to speak his answer...it probably wasn't the thing any of them wanted to hear.  He looked at the room, a look of disgust about his eyes, until they met Tsuna's unconscious body.  Right then, he almost felt a kind of remorse for what he said, but soon shook the feeling off.  "Tch.  Whatever.  Sit here and sulk...or go on pretending like this never happened...but I'm going to make sure that a scenario like this, never happens to me again."  With that, Gin stormed out of the room.  

“I’m leaving too, just going to a piano practice room to calm down.”

Three of the students had now left, leaving only the remaining students alone with their teacher and Nurse Neko.  Ino lay by their teacher's side, her entire body trembling from seeing his body in tatters.  

"They're the worst kind of people..."  Looking up, Ino could see Nurse Neko.  She was shaking, not as intense as Ino, but it was still noticeable.  "Nothing this bad has ever happened to a U.A. faculty member...I wish I could do more."  Ino shook her head.

"Don't say that...without you, I'm sure Ichiro and the rest would be in way worse conditions."  She got up and sought out Asuka, seeing her silent by herself.  She hadn't really participated in the discourse.  She must have been feeling some sort of way after all of this.  Not to mention...the whole class knew...knew about...well it didn't matter.  Ino went to place a hand on the girl's shoulder.  There was a slight hesitation, but she managed to push through it.  "Hey...are you okay?  Don't listen to Gin.  If you hadn't gotten a good signal, who knows what could've happened."  Unintentionally, Ino was sending out Vibrations all throughout Asuka's body, and had yet to notice it.  

HQiOaTA.png?1

lSrjYyw.jpg?1

"You see, while 'destroying the city' is quite a viable threat, it doesn't make much sense on your part.  If destroying the city was your goal, you would have done so quite some time ago.  The number of innocents present who were unaware of your intentions would greatly increase your clout as a villain, if you were to suddenly wipe them from the face of the earth, undetected.  However, despite the circumstances, and your multiple opportunities to destroy this place, you have squandered the opportunity to do so.  And if you were going to destroy this city and everyone and everything in it, you would not have told me so.  In conclusion, I'm calling your bluff.  It is only natural for a villain such as yourself to make a grand threat when they are in dire distress.  Besides.  Judging by a very mere example of your Quirk, it would take more than five seconds for you to expel all of your energy at once.  By the time you reach that point, I will have buried you far beneath the earth.  And that would turn your bomb into a dud."

The villain looked on with a raised eyebrow, only to let loose a gut busting laugh.  

"You must've given yourself the moniker of Doctor, because boy howdy are you some sort of stupid."  The villain pressed a palm against his face, still laughing, almost finding it hard to breath.  "Destroy the city wasn't the goal, true.  But mind you, I still have an ally or two still running around here.  Detonating without knowing there whereabouts, now that would be a waste of two fantastic quirks.  However, I'm willing to do so if that means that I can get away unscathed."  The grey man bent over, his eyebrow still cocked.  "After all, I'm still necessary for somethin'."  Sticking up his finger to mock the doctor, he boasted, "And lastly, why do you think I'm wearing this hunk a junk on my stomach?  For a fashion statement!?  YOU FOOL!"  He snickered,  "It doesn't take me time at all to set off....so try something, and I'll make sure from here to Hokkaido is uninhabitable.  Nuclear fallout and what not...pretty sure you don't want that in the news."  

HQiOaTA.png?1

knZTZIA.png?1

Wendigo lay in a pool of his own blood, and standing over him was the shadow of Omega Star.  She wasn't even breathing hard, but a look of hatred painted her face, as her eyes lay on the broken body of the villain.  Wendigo's skull was cracked, and every part of his body was contorted in an unnatural shape, but he harbored a twisted smile.  

"Oh man..."  He said, before coughing, spitting up more blood,  "You sure did a number on me.  The said you're one of the strongest heroes alive..but I had no idea you were that strong."  the brow of his skull raised for a slight moment.  "Nor did I know heroes were allowed to get this violent.  I thought that's why I had to become a Villain!  Maybe my career path could've been tweaked a bit."  He laughed a bit more, with intense agony in his voice.  "You really think that the Heroes are Judge, Jury, and Executioner huh?"  

"Shut up..."  Omega said, her teeth clamping on each syllable.  She had torn the beast's body apart, but still had not found Tsuna's...

"You know...the faster I need to regenerate...the faster I digest....so that arm didn't last as long as I thought it would."  Once she realized this factor, it changed her face from blind range, to dumbfound remorse.  "I don't have anything in my belly right now...so I'm pretty much done for.  Mind sparing me a finger or something...hehehehehe..."  Wendigo's voice was fading fast.  Omega turned her back from the dying Villain, clamping her fist.  Wendigo smiled, as a small wave of sand made it's way to the Villain's face.  On top of the small, crawling pile of sand was a familiar sight, a mask.  He coughed again, before flashing a peace sign with two broken fingers.  "Well...maybe next time I'll get a taste of your Quirk.  Sayonara!"  When Omega turned around again, as quick as lightning, Wendigo's body had disappeared.  

"Damnit..."  Omega said, frazzling her hair.  

"EHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH?!" Terro looked over to where Gin sat.  "WE WON HUH?!"  He started walking up to Asuka with his fists curled.  "How are you going to lie to her like that huh?  How are you going to say that with a straight face!"  His arms were trembling, his knees seemed weak. "None of us...none of us stood a chance today."  His voice started to tremble. "You can say that...with Suna-Sensei lying over there like that?!"

Terro hated to admit it, but Gin seemed to be right. He leaned against the wall, catching his breath, and listening to what the laser boy had to say.

"I couldn't show off!"  Gin said, gritting his teeth. "I'm supposed to be the number one student in this school...and I couldn't even manage that." Terro supposed that was Gin's way of saying he wished he could have protected everyone. "If you two hadn't..."  Gin now was walking up to Creed.  "If you two hadn't just up and vanished, maybe we would have had a chance!  An inkling of a chance...then all of this wouldn't have been in vain.  We could've walked out of this with our hero certifications in tow!" 

Did it make Terro a bad person to agree with most everything Gin said? He was iffy about the certifications, but everything else... Creed then snickered, causing Terro to look over at him. Please, don't make this worse.

“That’s not how certifications work, Peanut,” Why was he calling Gin Peanut? That nickname didn't even make sense. “Besides, it was her idea to actually call the school for help. I got her out of there to facilitate that. So, if we hadn’t ‘up and vanished,’ we’d all be looking at a worst-case scenario by now. You would do well to recognize that.”

“I would have rather died trying than becoming a failure!” Gin spat out. Terro's fist clenched. He hated this. He hated the fact he felt exactly the same way. “Now look at us… defeated. Not even able to help anyone. And then we have trash like you, who leave during the most pivotal moment. To what? Call for help? Pathetic.”

“With sentiments like that, you will never become a hero.” Creed was now standing with his body directly parallel with Gin’s, with barely a foot between them. “Listen to me, Peanut. We are not defeated. All of us are alive, and we can move forward from here.” Creed backed up just a tad, loosening his stance. “You are not a hero. None of us are. That’s why we are students. We are here to grow, and become full-fledged heroes, not throw ourselves at the first chance we see to die. I’m going over to the locker rooms to take a shower. Also, if someone could translate everything I said for Sayuri, that'd be great.”  

Before he left the office, he turned around to say one more thing to Gin.

Terro shook his head. He doubted they all would have been killed. Honestly, the villains were never targeting them... they might have gotten out alive if they did nothing. But he knew better. They wouldn't have stood on the sidelines.

"Creed! Drop the conversation...please. T-This situation...isn't something to joke around with. A-And neither is that scenario..." Ichiro tried to defuse the situation. 

"He's right. Everyone is. We didn't stand a chance today, especially after Creed and I split away from the rest of the class. But that splitting off let me call the school, so that the staff could show up and keep us all from dying. That's that, and it's better to drop the conversation now that the facts are out there."

"As if I was even joking.  Little Hero Boy over here wants to have a moment of levity...right after it all happened.  Like I was going to let him off the hook. Tch. Whatever.  Sit here and sulk...or go on pretending like this never happened...but I'm going to make sure that a scenario like this, never happens to me again."  With that, Gin stormed out of the room.

Aaron left next, leaving the room emptier and emptier. Terro stood up, tying his gi back on before heading to the door, before stopping in front of Asuka. "The merits of your 'splitting away' from the rest of us certainly can't be denied," He paused, tying his belt into place. "However, wouldn't have been better to have sent Sayuri or Isami? They're much faster and more agile than you... and it would have let them get away from the danger while the stronger quirks stood their ground,"  he looked away. "I'm not calling you cowards, but don't pretend what you all did was the best plan," With those final words, he left the room. 

The first thing he did was figure out which direction Gin stormed off in. It surprisingly wasn't that hard, and he ran to catch up with him. "Gin! Wait up!" He stopped when he got close, panting a bit. He still hadn't recovered from his quirk overuse... a reason why he was doing what he was about to do. Gin stopped, much to Terro's surprise, but doesn't turn his back, which somehow made his figure imposing.  

"What...?" Terro straightened his back and looked at Gin.

"I know we're not on the best of terms, and what I'm about to ask might anger you, but please, hear me out," He took a deep breath. "Next time we both have free time, please spar with me!" The living laser gun turned his head, his pupils trembling.  

"EH?! Spar? What do you think I am, some sort of ninja or something?!"  He molded his hand into the shape of a gun.  "Now if it's a fight you want...I could sure let off some steam on you." 

"Is spar not the right term around here?" The country boy muttered, before shaking his head. "Yes. When we're both at our best, I want to fight with you, neither holding back!" He sighed a bit. "I don't expect that for free though. I'll teach you some hand to hand, if you want me to," Gin turned around, letting his fury finally explode.

"EH!? WHAT?! YOU DON'T THINK I CAN FIGHT!? I'M GONNA KNOCK YOUR BLOCK OFF KID!" Gin shouted with all the force of a raging fire.

"I DO THINK YOU CAN FIGHT!" Terro shouted back with the strength of an avalanche. "HOWEVER, ONE SHOULD ALWAYS TRY TO IMPROVE THEMSELVES IF THEY WANT TO BE NUMBER ONE!" He stopped, clenching his fist. "I want us both to improve, so that next time... when something like that happens again... we can do something! So...," His voice drifted off.

"Tch..." he says, turning around again. "I'll do what I want...now tell me where you want this to go down so I can show you what I'm really made of,"

"One of the empty sports fields behind the school," Terro supplied. "Don't feel the need to rush your recovery,"

"Don't worry about me. Worry about yourself. You got yourself into this,"

"Heh. Guess you're right," Terro chuckled, turning to leave. "I'll see you when the time comes then," He walked away, feeling an excitement welling up inside of his, despite all that happened today. He would improve... they all would... they would make sure they would never be helpless again.

"Then perhaps," Atomic said, becoming rather curious.  "Without that device on your person, you would be much more of a danger to yourself.  This is but a theory.  Let's find out!"  Atomic pointed a finger at the ever-so-important device and began to push steadily increasing gravity upon it.  "Either that contraption of yours will explode and kill me, and you'll be victorious.  Or, it will be crushed, and I will have made a step forwards.  In the event that neither of my hypotheses is correct, I'll move on to my next educated guess.  That, or I'll bury you as far beneath the earth as I can, in exchange for the lives of the innocent.  Whichever comes first."

In which case, Atomic would have to hope that he would strike water before an explosion occurred.  Even beneath the ground, there was an overwhelming possibility that millions of people would die.  Perhaps he would've made a better villain, in which he could've simply snapped his enemy's neck from a thirty-meter distance and ended the debate before it began.  But then, that's not who he was, was it?  Better to die as an idiot than to live as a fool.

h1v7t2f.png

"I, uh... well... might of thought that you could of been deaf when we first met. I could tell you weren't, though, when you reacted to the bell's loud noise."

Sayuri nodded in response to the observations and answers from Isami. Would a sign that says I'm not deaf be too obvious? That feels like something that would draw a lot of attention... let's not do that. She'd have to fill Creed in next time she saw him and had the chance. She didn't want to leave any misunderstandings. In fact, her hearing was pretty good. Better than most people, thanks to her Quirk, though that had been more of a drawback than a benefit lately. People down here were way too loud for her liking, and even at night, the streets were full of busy cars. Sayuri preferred her country home back up north. Snow, quiet nights, and hot food. Lots of hot food.

Sayuri spent only a moment thinking about her favorite meat dish before the visual of that beastly villain from earlier eating the same thing flashed into her mind. And the visual of maimed teachers and missing arms. Suddenly, Sayuri was a lot less hungry. I hope he doesn't stay in my head for dinner. I bet if it were back home that he showed up, he'd be behind bars in no time. It's what mom and dad would do, but I don't feel like risking my life.

Hey, we should get dinner for everyone. When something's bothering me, food always makes me feel better, and I saw this maid café the other day I want to go to. It's my treat; I've been saving a lot since coming down here.

The more Sayuri thought about it, her parents probably wouldn't appreciate her spending the money they sent her at a maid café of all places. Though with the context of it all, it would probably be fine. Not that she was overly worried about how they felt about her spending choices.

lmHWTAK.png

"Hey...are you okay? Don't listen to Gin. If you hadn't gotten a good signal, who knows what could've happened."

"It doesn't change anything if he's right or wrong," Asuka calmly answered. She opted to not pay much mind to the vibrations running through her body right now. Instead, Asuka created a single crystal from her right arm, and let it rest in her hand. The shape was a bit off due to the vibrations, but otherwise was the same as any other crystal Asuka had created since the day she got her Quirk. Asuka turned a bit to show Ino the crystal, and started pressing down on it with her other hand. "Even if I did stay... hmph!"

POP!

"These crystals aren't very strong projectiles. The mask woman was able to block them for her and her friend, and that monster didn't seem affected by them at all. I must be doing something wrong with my Quirk. Thank you though." She knew she could be stronger. Her mother - much to Asuka's dismay - was living proof of that. She had to find out what the difference between the two of them was, but she wasn't about to ask the woman herself, or even the godmother she lived with. It wasn't something that could be solved that easily. She had to train herself, long and hard. But that could wait a day or two. Right now she was just thankful everyone was still alive, even if Suna had seen better days. At this point, she just wanted to head home. Though after everything that had happened, not unlike Mike, she wasn't all that eager to just head home on her own.

"Would you like to visit me at my place?" she asked. "Whenever we get to go home I mean. We never really get company and I'm only ever with my godmother and I don't really leave much... it gets a bit lonely. I'm sure she'd be happy to have visitors too." Her head then turned back to Mike. "You can come too if you want."

MX55gTQ.png

Creed mulled over a mess of thoughts as he strolled along towards the locker rooms. He thought about what other options could have been taken. He thought about whether he picked the best option. He knew he definitely didn’t pick the worst ones. He didn’t dwell on it very much, and pushed the thoughts aside. What’s done is done, and there wasn’t anything left to do. He pulled out his phone to check for messages. The screen was barely readable, however; the glass had been completely shattered during his run-in with Wendigo. He made a mental note to get it fixed, and placed his phone back in his pocket.

Creed entered a vacant locker room and put his things on a bench before entering the showers. He didn’t bring any toiletries with him, so his shower was more of a quick rinse to remove errant grains of sand. Using one of the small towels available in the locker room, he dried himself off and put on his P.E. uniform. He picked up his old clothes and transferred his phone and wallet to the pockets in his P.E. uniform. Using a broom pulled from the closet, he swept up most of the sand that had fallen from his clothes, and put his old clothes into a trash bag he pulled from the same closet.

The food that he had in his jacket ended up crushed, and most of the packages had torn as well. Throwing it away, he left the locker room and walked over to a vending machine. Putting ¥200 into the machine, he received a bottle of Aquarius. He took a swig of the grapefruit-flavored drink before wondering where he should go.

“EH?! WHAT?! YOU DON’T THINK I CAN FIGHT?!” The sudden shout almost caused Creed to choke on his drink. An all too familiar voice rang from somewhere nearby. It seemed to be around the corner. Creed, being nosy, hugged the corner and began eavesdropping on a conversation between Gin and Terro. What Creed could gleam from the conversation was that Gin wanted to fight Terro, and Terro named the location.

Not wanting to reveal he had listened, he slipped away after the conversation ended, and made his way back to the office. He slowly opened the door and made his way across the room. He ended up coming in on the tail end of a conversation between Ino and Asuka. She turned towards Mike, saying, “You can come too, if you want.”

Creed interjected on his own. “Oh, have you guys already planned something? I was going to see if you all wanted to check out that café I mentioned when we were still in homeroom.”

s06t3UC.png

Isami gave Sayuri a puzzled look as she seemed lost in thought. However, she quickly started writing on her pad. She quickly revealed her whiteboard to the group. 

Hey, we should get dinner for everyone. When something's bothering me, food always makes me feel better, and I saw this maid café the other day I want to go to. It's my treat; I've been saving a lot since coming down here.

Isami nodded. He wasn't completely sure what a maid cafe was, but he did know what both of those things meant separately. He hadn't eaten much since breakfast, and spending some time with the group would be a good idea. "Good idea! Let me make sure its ok with my... oh." As he reached into his bag to get his phone, he realized that he had left his phone in his backpack, which was with the villains. He also remembered that his clothing was left behind too, and that he was covered in garbage. "...well, I should go take a shower." He waved, face now red, before hastily leaving the room. He passed by Creed as he headed out of the room. 

When he was outside, he saw Gin and Terro. Whatever they were talking about, they must of just finished as they started walking opposite ways. As he passed the two hastily, he waved at them, before dashing to the showers.

F7eoyPD.jpg

iU8EggM.png

"They're the worst kind of people... Nothing this bad has ever happened to a U.A. faculty member...I wish I could do more."

"Don't say that...without you, I'm sure Ichiro and the rest would be in way worse conditions."

Ichiro overheard this small exchange between Nurse Neko and Ino, only nodding slightly. He knew that they probably weren't paying attention to him, but it was true. That fight with Wendigo did do a number on him...same with Double Dragon. Though he did get reminded of something. When he fought Double Dragon and Wendigo...there was a slight moment where something didn't break. He elbowed both Dragon and Wendigo...and surprisingly he didn't break his arm.

That...that was the first time I've not broken a bone... Ichiro thought, not exactly realizing this until now. But then again, he immediately thought of his leg breaking after he kicked Wendigo. So what was different from the last times? With a sigh, he shook his head. This Quirk of his was trouble before, now all of a sudden it seemed like it was picking and choosing the bones to break.

He lifted his head to see the others talking among themselves and he only sighed and began to walk towards the classroom's door. Ichiro needed some time to think...about this whole situation, and even about what he should do. He also knew something else. The backlash of people finding out what happened, well...it would be a bit crazy. It usually happened. Those with Quirks, good or bad, in the news and what was on the news as well? The percent of the world that didn't have Quirks...the groups of people who were afraid of people like him. These were the types of people who would probably sooner wish the world got rid of them...just because they were both afraid and knew that those with Quirks were different.

It's how the world worked...not everyone was friendly to those with Quirks. This was just a fact.

But then he stopped just short of the classroom door and stood there. Once more, he thought of what he shouted...

-BGM-

"What are we...? We're...WE'RE STUDENTS OF U.A!!!!"

It was like after he said that...the other students seemed to mobilize even more than they already were. Did he boost their morale? Slowly pulling a hand out of his pocket, Ichiro looked at it and then clenched it into a fist for a few minutes and then opening it again. I...boosted morale? he thought. Sliding his hand back into his pocket, Ichiro moved away from the door and stood off at a wall. Maybe this school is getting to me...I...I never would've said that before. he thought, sighing a bit, shaking his head slightly.

Leaning his head against the wall, it still being clouded and swarmed with thoughts, Ichiro looked over and saw Asuka and Ino talking with Mike and even having Creed joining in. On the other side, he saw Sayuri and Isami engaged in conversation, until the snake guy left the room. That's when he saw Sayuri's whiteboard message.

Seeing this, Ichiro couldn't help but smile. He waved at Sayuri, moving towards her and rubbed the back of his head. "Hey...Sayuri, right?" he asked, before sighing some. "Honestly...food sounds good right now. So...can you count me in? I just got to let my brother know that I'll be heading out with some friends." Ichiro was caught off guard when he said the word "friends". He honestly wasn't expecting to say that so soon...but then again, they did just go through a hell of a time today...and the majority of them did risk their lives for others...so maybe perhaps they were becoming friends.

Ichiro reached for his phone, proceeding to text Rei. He did still have a lot on his mind...but for the moment...he could probably forget about them.

Mike

Ino had moved in to comfort Asuka, though her efforts didn't seem to have much effect.

"It doesn't change anything if he's right or wrong," Asuka calmly answered, not clearly reacting to Ino's vibrations in any visible manner. Asuka created a single, malformed crystal from her right arm, and let it rest in her hand. She turned a bit to show Ino the crystal, and started pressing down on it with her other hand. "Even if I did stay... hmph!" The crystal between her hands popped. "These crystals aren't very strong projectiles. The mask woman was able to block them for her and her friend, and that monster didn't seem affected by them at all. I must be doing something wrong with my Quirk. Thank you though." The room was quiet, everyone sitting in a somber silence.

Mike reflected on what Asuka had said. With the fight against Dragon, he felt like his quirk was doing something, like he was making a big difference. Yet, when the villains attacked, he got tired too quickly, and then got overwhelmed by the enemy. Despite doing as well as he did in the entrance exam, he still pushed himself too hard and almost passed out. If wasn't for the school's medical team, if that was a real situation, Mike would have been in trouble. And yet, he was when it happened when the villains attacked. He was weak; he saw Mr. Suna without his arm and lost his composure; it weakened him, and he would have lost and died if it wasn't for the school-- if it wasn't for Asuka. But what had happened was inexcusable; he needed to control his quirk. He could... work to build his stamina maybe, or maybe work on his control so he wasn't burning so much energy in one blast, or--

"Would you like to visit me at my place?" Asuka asked, breaking the silence. "Whenever we get to go home I mean. We never really get company and I'm only ever with my godmother and I don't really leave much... it gets a bit lonely. I'm sure she'd be happy to have visitors too." Her head then turned back to Mike. "You can come too if you want."

Mike perked up to attention as he heard someone talking directly to him. "Y-yeah, that sounds good," he replied, surprised at the offer. He didn't feel like he had done enough to warrant such attention yet, but was happy to be invited regardless.

“Oh, have you guys already planned something? I was going to see if you all wanted to check out that café I mentioned when we were still in homeroom.” Creed butted in.

Mike tried to remember what he was talking about, and recalled the events that had happened that morning. That morning felt like ages ago, but upon remembering what had happened his eyes narrowed a little. "I mean, I dunno if we're planning anything like that, but we haven't set anything in stone..." Mike said with a sheepish, lowered voice.

Ed751i6.jpg

Ino watched, as she could see Asuka toil with her emotions.  She was harboring mixed feelings about her actions, and about her prowess with her quirk.  She even went so far as to show her one of her very own diamonds up close and personal.  Seconds later, she was able to pop it.  She felt outmatched by that villain, the one with the mask.  Ino could relate.  She wasn't even conscious for half of the whole thing.  What Asuka did next really caught Ino off guard.  

"Would you like to visit me at my place?  Whenever we get to go home I mean. We never really get company and I'm only ever with my godmother and I don't really leave much... it gets a bit lonely. I'm sure she'd be happy to have visitors too." Her head then turned back to Mike. "You can come too if you want."

"Y-yeah, that sounds good," 

Ino, stricken with such passion, started to turn up her vibrations.  She nodded, almost invisibly due to the blur that washed over her entire body.  

"It sounds great!  I've never been to a friends house before!  Something about breaking the whole house or something."  Her voice sounded as if it was being sent through the whirring blades of some sort of fan.  

“Oh, have you guys already planned something? I was going to see if you all wanted to check out that café I mentioned when we were still in homeroom.” Creed butted in.  The sudden question from someone she thought had long since left the room crept up from behind the group.  It even made her stop vibrating for a second, but she continued on.  

"W-what?  W-where?  H-how?  Geez you sure know how to make a girl confused."  She said, her cheek puffing out as if she were pouting.  From the hole in the wall, more heroes were starting to file back into the school from off of the Kashykkk street.  Splotch, Omega Star, and Madam Mic were all accounted for.  Nurse Neko's ears pricked up, as she made a mad dash for her colleagues.  

"Are you guys okay?!"  She looked them all over to see if they had any injuries.  "And where is Atomic?  Is he coming through with you guys?"  She said, looking pass the entourage of students and faculty to stare at the black hole in the wall.  Omega winked at Nurse Neko, flashing a thumbs up.  

"That perverted idiot can handle one lousy villain.  What's the worst that could happen?  He'll be here in no time flat."  

"If that perverted idiot can handle villain, then where is the one that you handled Miss Omega?"  Splotch questioned, before getting clocked on the noggin with the bottom of Omega's fist.

HQiOaTA.png?1

lSrjYyw.jpg?1

The grey man watched in disbelief, as the device strapped around his body managed to be so easily torn away.  Tubes and wires that had infiltrated his skin had been ripped away, as something more bright than sanguine liquid started to flow forth from his innards.  The grey man pushed his hair back in disbelief, laughing as he watched the device fall to the ground.  

"You...HAHA...I can't believe..."  The grey man's pale skin started to glow beneath the surface, a bright salmon color of sorts, the same color as the liquid which had since stopped flowing from the tubes.  "I can't believe they would ever in a million years, call you a hero."  No matter how hard Dr. Atomic would try to send the grey man into the earth, it would have no effect.  "I can feel my body becoming more and more unstable...I'm pure atomic energy right now.  And you know what that means?"  The cackle from the grey man echoed throughout the empty street of the Kashykkk district.  "Energy doesn't have any mass...nothing for you to manipulate here!"  The man's eyes and mouth were now replaced with yellow beams of light, as his maddening laugh turned into a painful scream.  

"I guess this will accelerate our plans a bit..."  He said, smiling.  

In that moment, the silence was broken by a deafening roar.  

The Kashykkk District was blown away from the face of the earth.  

HQiOaTA.png?1

Through the portal, a sudden boom could be heard, prompting everyone in the room to turn to the hole in the wall.  Seconds after the noise, a gust of wind came through the hole, along with debris that seemed to be broken up pieces of pavement and street.  

"CLOSE THAT THING NOW, SPLOTCH!"  Without hesitation, the transport hero threw up his hand sign to release the holes from this mortal coil, prompting for them to disappear into the ether.  The all looked on in horror, the black spot on the wall was gone, but what had happened on the other side?  

"T-T-turn on the television!"  Omega pleaded someone.  A small flat screen t.v. in the top corner of the room went from a black screen, to a terrible scene.  From the aerial view of a helicopter, a fair distance away, spotted a mushroom cloud.  Supposedly, the cloud had emanated from none other than the Kashkykkk District.  Soon, the shockwave from the explosion had started to rock the helicopter, and the signal was lost.  Soon after, the ground beneath the school also started to shake.

"T-that wasn't me...I swear."  Ino said, still looking at the 'No Signal' screen on the television.

A state of emergency statement was made soon after the broadcast of the mushroom cloud.  The Student's of U.A. were dismissed from their classes, and were urged to rush home.  Classes would be cancelled for the entire week.  However, that certain cafe would remain open in all of this travesty.  

Archived