Suggestion for advanced cards

If someone wanted to have the same cards critiqued in terms of both the pre link and post link format, I feel the best way would be if they made 2 threads with the same cards but different tags. Presumably any descriptions of intentions of the cards would also change between the two threads. This way people who only know about 1 format could find the right thread at a glance, even if it does occasionally add some clutter.

Why can't they just say in the thread that it was designed with both in mind?

If they were different subforums it would be one thing, but as-is it will only be more confusing to do something like what you suggest.

Honestly this is the problem with the tags. Things should only really be tagged pre-link if the mechanic specifically hinders the card.

They technically can mention that in the thread themselves, but as most members nowadays outside AGM / select others are designing with the new VRAINS/standard format in mind (from what I've been seeing in Advanced since the update), I don't foresee members designing for both formats; least for now. 

If you guys noticed, I did remove the preset tags for CC so you can post other tags besides the format things. While there is no penalty for you not using the tags, it'll just be assumed to be under the standard format with the ED changes and so forth. I'll keep the notes about AGM to a min, but members in there will be using the Legacy tag due to most of the Archetypes being developed with ARC-V play in mind (multiple ED monsters) and the new changes don't go well for obvious reasons. 

===

As I mentioned before in the update thread, I'd rather not shaft ARC-V era design to Casual simply because the mechanics will be obsolete come Starter Deck 2017 in TCG, but in order to provide members with freedom to design for whatever format they want, tagging needs to be in to differentiate the two formats. Otherwise, people will either comment on Link interactions when card wasn't designed for VRAINS, and vice versa. 

Cyberse monsters and support will be permitted for Legacy, provided they do not deal with anything concerning Link Monsters and/or the new field changes.

Link format doesn't sit well with everyone; we know that. 

Archived