YU-GI-OH Duel Links Discussion Page!

MarshyK-XS

Didn't feel like actually playing today so I brought a self-destruct deck into KC Cup to get the duels over with.  I regret not actually dueling though.  It looked like all three duels were gonna be easy wins (Two of 'em had like 26+ card decks and were using nonoptimal archetypal cards).

In more annoying news, I am down to the last 5 packs of my first run of Sign of Harpie and I have not pulled a single Lightning Vortex.  I really want 3 copies of it since it is a certain class of card that I don't think will get powercrept for a while.  It should also be a really good power card for GY-focused strategies.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Woo!  Got my 10-game win streak in KC Cup!

I'm finally getting to the level in the KC Cup where I'm starting to encounter B-E in earnest.  Fought two of 'em back to back today.  I'm glad to see people have been removing Dragon Spirit of White because that card was always the most difficult card for me to deal with as a Yosenju main.

Screenshot_2021-04-18-15-35-09.thumb.png.d55f78461fbf0c497b596bc34c6439aa.png

Ended up losing my previous 12 game win streak to an awful misplay, then afterward went on this 16 game rampage. This was a screenshot when I was on DLv19.

...then I lost this game because I went first and drew no backrow/Oyam.

I played a couple more games and made it to Stage 2 for the first time, but it really would've been nice to get there off of this huge win streak.

New Box leak! 

Note: This data isn't actually in the files yet, however, this person has posted the full contents of the last two boxes correctly before they dropped, so they appear to be a reliable source.

I'm quite surprised to see Dark Ruler No More, though I don't think it will be anywhere near as powerful/useful as in the main game.

They're finally releasing trap hole. Not much to say about it, but glad to see it's finally in the game.

As a Yosenju player, the biggest excitement for me is Fire Formation Tenki. I will now have the search power to consistely get 2 Kamas with different names in hand, and the slight attack boost is a godsend. It will finally give me some room to experiment.

I have to dig the box for Tenki, but I don't actually have a whole lot of other interest in the box since a lot of it supports decks I haven't really invested in. On the whole, I wouldn't actually call this a very good box, especially for newer players.

This doesn't look like a very compelling box to me. The only Ultra Rare I want is Excalibur. I don't like Brotherhood of the Fire Fist. Fire Formation - Tenki is really the only card from that bunch that I care about. The only other card I care about is the Raccoons. And...that's it. Pretty boring for a Main Box. If this leak is true, guess it's back to the collecting Harpies and Dodododraw.

Yeah, I was honestly surprised at the hype surrounding the box, seeing people say things like "new meta box", or "insane Main Box".  The box really isn't all that good, and especially so if you don't already have Dark World, Fire Fist, or U.A.  If you have one of those decks and have been waiting, I understand that excitement, but for those that don't, you're not going to go into this box to build them because they require heavy investment in 1+ other boxes too.

Dream Mirrors, Melphy/Raccoons, Heroics and ZW might be fun, but I can't imagine they'd be meta-defining by any stretch of the imagination.

On 4/23/2021 at 9:16 AM, Mr Melon said:

Yeah, I was honestly surprised at the hype surrounding the box, seeing people say things like "new meta box", or "insane Main Box".  The box really isn't all that good, and especially so if you don't already have Dark World, Fire Fist, or U.A.  If you have one of those decks and have been waiting, I understand that excitement, but for those that don't, you're not going to go into this box to build them because they require heavy investment in 1+ other boxes too.

Dream Mirrors, Melphy/Raccoons, Heroics and ZW might be fun, but I can't imagine they'd be meta-defining by any stretch of the imagination.

It seems the leak was right.

Should I still seek out Dodododraw, given how Gagaga Sister is getting Semi-Limited May 10?

On 4/28/2021 at 9:16 PM, The Nyx Avatar said:

It seems the leak was right.

Should I still seek out Dodododraw, given how Gagaga Sister is getting Semi-Limited May 10?

Hard to say.  Assuming you were using them with Trunade, it's significantly harder to safely push for game now.

The deck is still versatile, but it's impossible to know how it'll change with the nerfs.  If you still plan to play the deck, Dodododraw still seems useful, but I would strongly recommend waiting and saving your gems until we see how the deck changes post-banlist.

~~~

I'm about as ready for the new box as I'll ever be.  1500 gems to my name + the 500 they'll give us for the Box release today.  I hope I can get at least 1 Tenki with those 2k gems.

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/30/2021 at 9:46 AM, Tinkerer said:

Hard to say.  Assuming you were using them with Trunade, it's significantly harder to safely push for game now.

The deck is still versatile, but it's impossible to know how it'll change with the nerfs.  If you still plan to play the deck, Dodododraw still seems useful, but I would strongly recommend waiting and saving your gems until we see how the deck changes post-banlist.

~~~

I'm about as ready for the new box as I'll ever be.  1500 gems to my name + the 500 they'll give us for the Box release today.  I hope I can get at least 1 Tenki with those 2k gems.

I blew my Gems on the set until I got my 3rd Dodododraw. But it's okay. I managed to grind enough for 4500 Gems. Now, to wait.

Anywho:

Fuck Duel Carnival. Out of all the events in Duel Links, I abhor this one. Sure, I play this one just for the daily prizes like KC Cup. But that event has more reasonable matchmaking. I'm getting pitted up against Legendary, Platinum, Gold, and King of Games players. I'm SILVER! Had the matchmaking been more reasonable, I wouldn't have so much ire from this event. I outright skipped it last year.

At least after this event finally ends, we get an event I always look forward to (with the exception of Jaden/Yubel): A new unlockeable character. Primo! Sure, none of his cards are stellar. But I like his design, and Jason Griffith reprised his role for the character.

Only played once or twice over this past week. Haven't paid attention to the leaks and only participated in the event once thus far.

I probably should play a bit more, because I really wanna try to hit KOG for once, but I'm just... out of it right now.

Mini Box 34 was leaked today:

https://www.duellinksmeta.com/news/may-2021/datamined-leaks-17/

This is definitely a box for those who really wanted some decent 5Ds character support cards, but I think I'm going to give this one a pass.  Not that it matters since I don't have any Gems anyway. 

Personally, it seems like these cards came too late to have a big impact; a lot of the strategies here would likely fold to a single well-placed disruption.  Meklord Wisel and Catastor are cool though.

3 hours ago, Tinkerer said:

Mini Box 34 was leaked today:

https://www.duellinksmeta.com/news/may-2021/datamined-leaks-17/

This is definitely a box for those who really wanted some decent 5Ds character support cards, but I think I'm going to give this one a pass.  Not that it matters since I don't have any Gems anyway. 

Personally, it seems like these cards came too late to have a big impact; a lot of the strategies here would likely fold to a single well-placed disruption.  Meklord Wisel and Catastor are cool though.

Yeah. There's some neat cards here, but unless you're building a Synchron Deck, there's no incentive to go through this box more than once. I mean...what else is there?

14 hours ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

Okay! After that piece of shit event ended, we are now on the much better event! The Primo event! Who won't be unlockeable until the weekend. But...I can wait!

While that new set looks boring, there's a Synchron EX Deck being sold right now. Oh! And that's not all! 

@TinkererLog on to Duel Links when you can. Why?

Yeah, I made sure to login yesterday.  The 1000 gems was enough to get me the other Tenki I wanted.  I doubt I'll be spending any more gems any time soon.

I suppose I could finish my F.A.s, but I really don't feel like grinding for gems nor playing pvp right now.  I guess I'll log in and do the event (enough to get the login bonuses/unlock Primo), but I think I'll mostly be off the game.

@The Nyx Avatar Do you have any idea what you'll use your Dream tickets on?  I finally decided to use my previous ones to get a second Karma Cut and a second Herald of the Abyss.  I was also considering Forbidden Lance, but I'm not sure a single copy will be very helpful.

I think I'll wait with this batch like usual, but I think I'm probably going to end up using them on Xyzs.  Good generic Xyzs will always be useful so it feels like a safe investment.

7 hours ago, Tinkerer said:

@The Nyx Avatar Do you have any idea what you'll use your Dream tickets on?  I finally decided to use my previous ones to get a second Karma Cut and a second Herald of the Abyss.  I was also considering Forbidden Lance, but I'm not sure a single copy will be very helpful.

I think I'll wait with this batch like usual, but I think I'm probably going to end up using them on Xyzs.  Good generic Xyzs will always be useful so it feels like a safe investment.

Super Rare? Nope!

Ultra Rare? I've already used. I wanted to use it for an Xyz Monster. But any of the available Xyz Monsters were either lame or I already had one copy of. So...I spent it on Zubababancho Gagagacoat! And then went ahead and spent a few gems for the Starter Deck.

11 minutes ago, ITSUKOSOADO said:

Where is that equip spell that grants 500ATK tokens per battle and can remove token to prevent destruction?

Counters, actually. Tokens are those monsters you can spawn that disappear if they leave the field.

I believe this is the card you're thinking of:

image.png.e383a627892aa12c4db3583057e496be.png

• 1 month later...
21 hours ago, Tinkerer said:

Anyone been playing recently?

Me. I like the addition of new characters. And...oh man. Jaden/Yubel felt like such a tease. But this upcoming character pleases me so.

Anywho: Newest big set doesn't have many cool generics. But...I blew Gems on it anyways. I got everything but Smashing Ground. I also bought one of those Gaia Structure Decks. It looked like fun.

• 2 months later...

Last big banlist before Arc-V world.

Haven't been playing much over the last couple months (played enough to unlock Trey, but that was literally it).

I'd like to be hyped over Arc-V world, but with Pendulums occupying the Spell/Trap Zone, I can't say my hopes are super high for the mechanic.

That said, I can't wait to play Yosenjus as your boi Sawatari.

On 9/27/2021 at 1:49 PM, Tinkerer said:

That said, I can't wait to play Yosenjus as your boi Sawatari.

tumblr_ndjw3dB73p1s2mmf2o1_500.gif

Anywho:

Arc-V World hit! Nothing super stellar in the first box (unlike the first one we got with the arrival of Zexal World). But I still dug through it. Why? Get Odd-Eyes Pendulum Dragon, Sky Iris, and my personal favorite, Evil HERO Adusted Gold!

Archived