YU-GI-OH Duel Links Discussion Page!

MarshyK-XS

On 5/2/2020 at 8:53 PM, The Nyx Avatar said:

Well, it looks like my second guess was correct. Too bad there's not a whole lot I care for in this set. There's mainly Malefic and D/D. While Malefics may be fun, I don't think they're worth the gems. And I don't care for D/D.

Nyx

I want to send you a friend request.

What profile do you have?.

Also, like card Flipper campaigns? I do.

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 5/2/2020 at 3:53 PM, The Nyx Avatar said:

There's mainly Malefic and D/D. While Malefics may be fun, I don't think they're worth the gems. And I don't care for D/D.

That's funny.  I don't really care for Malefics, but I think D/D could be very interesting.  I'm thinking of trying a restart so I can fiddle around with the latter.

On 5/4/2020 at 1:41 PM, Yami Kiniko said:

I want to send you a friend request.

What profile do you have?.

Also, like card Flipper campaigns? I do.

Why though?

We haven't really done anything on Duel Links.

On 5/4/2020 at 4:48 PM, Redro said:

That's funny.  I don't really care for Malefics, but I think D/D could be very interesting.  I'm thinking of trying a restart so I can fiddle around with the latter.

What's funny?

• 5 months later...

Looks like Zexal's getting its first mini box and I'm... somewhat unimpressed, tbh.

I just don't feel like any of the archetypes featured in here are all that viable in the context of Duel Links.  A few of the generic Xyzs (Zenmaines, Levair, Diamond Dire Wolf, and Zenmaioh) are pretty solid though.

Can't really decide if the Xyzs are enough of an incentive for me to pull.  I'd really like Dire Wolf, but it's just so bad in matchups nowadays...

3 hours ago, Mr Melon said:

Looks like Zexal's getting its first mini box and I'm... somewhat unimpressed, tbh.

I just don't feel like any of the archetypes featured in here are all that viable in the context of Duel Links.  A few of the generic Xyzs (Zenmaines, Levair, Diamond Dire Wolf, and Zenmaioh) are pretty solid though.

Can't really decide if the Xyzs are enough of an incentive for me to pull.  I'd really like Dire Wolf, but it's just so bad in matchups nowadays...

Well, you’re not wrong. But remember, the ZEXAL Duel World has just been released recently, so think they’re gonna add more better cards at a later date. Also if they were to add a ARC-V Duel World, it would be really big!

2 hours ago, Gradget Gaming091 said:

Well, you’re not wrong. But remember, the ZEXAL Duel World has just been released recently, so think they’re gonna add more better cards at a later date. Also if they were to add a ARC-V Duel World, it would be really big!

I'm aware.  The issue is that Geargia and Heraldic Beasts are have pretty much their entire archetypes in the box, so they won't get much better without actual new support cards in the real card game.

As for Wind-Ups... their best cards will likely never come to the game because of how they work.

...which basically means that the only good things to aim for are the Xyzs which just cannot compete against the types of decks/strategies running around right now.  Better Xyzs won't actually change things unless they jump to the really powerful ones or they weaken everything else with a banlist.

tl;dr: Cool box, but ultimately a dead end.

6 hours ago, Mr Melon said:

Yeah. I think I'm gonna give this set a pass. I'm gonna wait until there's a more compelling Xyz Summoning archetype (well, for me that is), like Madolche. I'm just gonna stockpile my Gems or spend them on an older set.

• 1 month later...

So, with that banlist shaking up all the tiers, I think I might have a chance to go for KOG.  Going off reddit reactions, people are thinking Blackwings are gonna be the top deck, which is pretty good for me (Yosenjus).  I'll just trade in some of my battle-heavy traps for an additional hand-traps/chainable traps.

The awful Dark Magician matchup will probably be gone as well as Invoked Cocytus.  Not much actually remains super threatening.

New box revealed: Rage of Volcano

The general consensus on the subreddit is that it sucks.  And it looks like it does.  It kinda hurts because I love Hazys and I like Fire King, so I might dig regardless.

Gotta love how the burn damage halving even applies to the pure burn spells in this box.  Hinotama deals better burn damage than Final Flame and Ookazi.

17 hours ago, Mr Melon said:

New box revealed: Rage of Volcano

The general consensus on the subreddit is that it sucks.  And it looks like it does.  It kinda hurts because I love Hazys and I like Fire King, so I might dig regardless.

Gotta love how the burn damage halving even applies to the pure burn spells in this box.  Hinotama deals better burn damage than Final Flame and Ookazi.

Aside from the Battlin' Boxer monsters, the only FIRE monster I like from this set is Volcasaurus. I think I'm just gonna dig into an older set.

Really, the only card I'd really want from that set is Vylon Dissigma.

Yeah. At that point, they shouldn't have even released those burn cards in this set. At least Axel had a few Volcanics in an older set that weren't butchered.

• 2 months later...

Been some time since posting here.  I've got a decent Onomat deck going.  I'll post the list, but it's been really expensive to build and it isn't even the most optimized version of the deck.

Still, it has a very consistent and effective strategy going first or second, but it's just going to keep getting more and more expensive as time goes on as they release better Rank 4s...

Meantime, I've just been meming around in the KC Cup.  Mostly been playing my Majestic Felgrand Deck.  It has a pretty depressing win percentage, but when I get the lockdown, (White Night Dragon + Ruins of the Divine Dragon Lords) it tends to shut down quite a few strategies.

Most of the common Spell/Trap techs target so White Knight ignores them, and any monster-based removal they summon gets negated by Ruins.  Not a consistent deck in the slightest, but fun to watch the opponent squirm when the lock is in place.

7 hours ago, Mr Melon said:

Been some time since posting here.  I've got a decent Onomat deck going.  I'll post the list, but it's been really expensive to build and it isn't even the most optimized version of the deck.

Still, it has a very consistent and effective strategy going first or second, but it's just going to keep getting more and more expensive as time goes on as they release better Rank 4s...

I know what you mean. I took a hard pass on that Volcasaurus box, but I really wanted what Photon of Galaxy had to offer. Some staples from the early years of Xyz, and some Photons!

7 hours ago, Mr Melon said:

Most of the common Spell/Trap techs target so White Knight ignores them, and any monster-based removal they summon gets negated by Ruins.  Not a consistent deck in the slightest, but fun to watch the opponent squirm when the lock is in place.

Understandable. I myself have been using a Valkyrie Deck in KC Cup. Sometimes, my opponent has too many Spell/Traps on the field, so I resort to Decking them out with Sechste.

• 1 month later...

Man, haven't posted anything since last KC Cup, huh!

I've been playing extremely sporadically lately.  I binged for a few days last week to unlock Duke and smack some Blue-Eyes with my Yosenjus, but have been doing bare minimum otherwise, only logging in maybe once or twice a week.

Kinda sucks since I actually really like the look of this most recent box, but I only had about 3.5k gems.  Won't be able to actually make a playable pure F.A. deck for a while at this rate.

3 minutes ago, Mr Melon said:

Man, haven't posted anything since last KC Cup, huh!

I've been playing extremely sporadically lately.  I binged for a few days last week to unlock Duke and smack some Blue-Eyes with my Yosenjus, but have been doing bare minimum otherwise, only logging in maybe once or twice a week.

Kinda sucks since I actually really like the look of this most recent box, but I only had about 3.5k gems.  Won't be able to actually make a playable pure F.A. deck for a while at this rate.

Oh yeah! I got Duke as well.

I went through a box and a half before going to the Shark Drake box for Dodododraw. Haven't pulled a single one yet. I made a nifty Harpie Deck! Sure, it only has 1 Perfumer, but...it gets the job done! It's what I will use in this KC Cup. Well, until I go on a losing streak, and then return to screwing players over with Valkyries.

Also, Primo dropped by to say hi. I...did not expect this honestly. I thought they would just cut to the chase and present Aporia or something like they did Rex. Oh well. Nice to hear Jason Griffith again.

13 minutes ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

Oh yeah! I got Duke as well.

I went through a box and a half before going to the Shark Drake box for Dodododraw. Haven't pulled a single one yet. I made a nifty Harpie Deck! Sure, it only has 1 Perfumer, but...it gets the job done! It's what I will use in this KC Cup. Well, until I go on a losing streak, and then return to screwing players over with Valkyries.

Also, Primo dropped by to say hi. I...did not expect this honestly. I thought they would just cut to the chase and present Aporia or something like they did Rex. Oh well. Nice to hear Jason Griffith again.

Oh right, Primo was a thing.  I think I just let the autoduel handle him.

You'd think I'd be interested in Harpies considering they and Yosenju work at the same branch ("need help getting rid of monsters?  Call the offices of Harp & Yosen at 1-800-bounce-it.  That's 1-800-bounce it!").  But I don't really care about 'em a whole lot.  Still, I want to make sure to get 3 Channeler in case I do end up building the deck.  Might as well be diligent and get 'em now rather than regret it later.

Why are you aiming for Dododoraw?  Are you building Onomats?

24 minutes ago, Mr Melon said:

Oh right, Primo was a thing.  I think I just let the autoduel handle him.

You'd think I'd be interested in Harpies considering they and Yosenju work at the same branch ("need help getting rid of monsters?  Call the offices of Harp & Yosen at 1-800-bounce-it.  That's 1-800-bounce it!").  But I don't really care about 'em a whole lot.  Still, I want to make sure to get 3 Channeler in case I do end up building the deck.  Might as well be diligent and get 'em now rather than regret it later.

Why are you aiming for Dododoraw?  Are you building Onomats?

Well, I have 2 Dodododwarves thanks to that Galaxy Eyes set. And I liked your reasoning for Dodododraw. So...yeah. No rush to get the Gagaga Cowboy Deck though. That'll be on a much later date.

Man, I'm only doing the daily 3-4 duels for KC cup, but it feels like the competition is a lot stiffer than usual.  I would normally go on an easy 10 or so win streak to start off (since it'd mostly be against people who have partially built archetypes or mishmash beatdown decks).  For this KC cup I have had some pretty close matches and even a surprising loss against B-E (which is normally a favorable matchup).

I'm not sure I like the whole "win streak" thing either.  It just stresses me out. 😅

Surprisingly, my matches have been quite varied so far.  My matchups today were Harpies, then Fire King/Nephthys/Yubel, then Blackwings.  Yesterday I believe I dueled against Noble Knights and Onomats; I've only faced the 1 B-E deck so far.

5 minutes ago, Mr Melon said:

Man, I'm only doing the daily 3-4 duels for KC cup, but it feels like the competition is a lot stiffer than usual.  I would normally go on an easy 10 or so win streak to start off (since it'd mostly be against people who have partially built archetypes or mishmash beatdown decks).  For this KC cup I have had some pretty close matches and even a surprising loss against B-E (which is normally a favorable matchup).

I'm not sure I like the whole "win streak" thing either.  It just stresses me out. 😅

Surprisingly, my matches have been quite varied so far.  My matchups today were Harpies, then Fire King/Nephthys/Yubel, then Blackwings.  Yesterday I believe I dueled against Noble Knights and Onomats; I've only faced the 1 B-E deck so far.

While on the subject of KC Cup...

What would you suggest to go against Lunalight? Blue-Eyes, I can handle. Bounce their monsters with Cyber Slash or banish with Valkyries. But I have yet to think of a good counter to Lunalight.

4 minutes ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

While on the subject of KC Cup...

What would you suggest to go against Lunalight? Blue-Eyes, I can handle. Bounce their monsters with Cyber Slash or banish with Valkyries. But I have yet to think of a good counter to Lunalight.

Oof.  LL, huh?  I'm guessing the issue is the 3-mat fusion?

I would imagine that the obvious choice is probably Lightning Vortex since you dug through that box anyway.  However, the other recent Monster removal spells (Hammer Shot and Fissure) are less resource-intensive (no discard) and neither of them target either.  The latter two are SR's, but you might've pulled some if you were digging for Onomat stuff.

Other than that... maybe Sphere Kuriboh?  Basically anything to get it into DEF position so you can beat over it.

30 minutes ago, Mr Melon said:

Oof.  LL, huh?  I'm guessing the issue is the 3-mat fusion?

I would imagine that the obvious choice is probably Lightning Vortex since you dug through that box anyway.  However, the other recent Monster removal spells (Hammer Shot and Fissure) are less resource-intensive (no discard) and neither of them target either.  The latter two are SR's, but you might've pulled some if you were digging for Onomat stuff.

Other than that... maybe Sphere Kuriboh?  Basically anything to get it into DEF position so you can beat over it.

Alrighty! I have at least one of each of those cards.

By the way, is F.A. really good in Duel Links? Because in my recommendations, I get videos more or less titled that.

1 minute ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

Alrighty! I have at least one of each of those cards.

By the way, is F.A. really good in Duel Links? Because in my recommendations, I get videos more or less titled that.

The current high tier F.A. build is speculated to be a pretty game-warping mostly because of their interaction with the Level Augmentation skill.  "Hang on Mach" is a one-sided Macro Cosmos that is unaffected by lower level monsters.  "Whip Crosser" shuts down some of the more popular backrow options (Raigeki Break, Karma Cut, Lightning Vortex, etc.) and stops handtraps since it prevents discarding for cost.

If you can get Hang on Mach out, you're in a pretty good position.  With Whip Crosser, it becomes extremely difficult to fight back.

...at least, that's what I hear.  I don't know the deck lists or anything.  I haven't seen much about pure F.A., but it should be a fun deck to use if you have Ancient Fairy Dragon.

1 minute ago, Mr Melon said:

The current high tier F.A. build is speculated to be a pretty game-warping mostly because of their interaction with the Level Augmentation skill.  "Hang on Mach" is a one-sided Macro Cosmos that is unaffected by lower level monsters.  "Whip Crosser" shuts down some of the more popular backrow options (Raigeki Break, Karma Cut, Lightning Vortex, etc.) and stops handtraps since it prevents discarding for cost.

If you can get Hang on Mach out, you're in a pretty good position.  With Whip Crosser, it becomes extremely difficult to fight back.

...at least, that's what I hear.  I don't know the deck lists or anything.  I haven't seen much about pure F.A., but it should be a fun deck to use if you have Ancient Fairy Dragon.

I DO have Ancient Fairy Dragon! I pulled it from that set because I knew it would be overpowered. If not then, years later. What's she do in reference to F.A.?

9 minutes ago, The Nyx Avatar said:

I DO have Ancient Fairy Dragon! I pulled it from that set because I knew it would be overpowered. If not then, years later. What's she do in reference to F.A.?

Ah, nice.

The F.A. field spells are searchers when destroyed by a card effect.  So you can use AFD to destroy the field spell, search for another field spell (gain 1000 LP), then search out whatever F.A. card you need (probably Hang on Mach).  If it's the first turn, you can use AFD's other effect to Special Summon your searched monster and then play the field spell to increase the F.A. monster's Level so it can use all its effects against the opponent.

Once you have a good lock on the opponent, you should be able to play control until your F.A.s are strong enough to attack for game.

Archived