[DP23] Elemental HERO Liquidman

“I’m here!” says the bro of Solid Soldier and Blazeman.

unnamed-file-1.png?resize=300%2C216&ssl=

DP23-JP013 Elemental HERO Liquidman
Warrior/Effect, WATER, Lv 4, ATK 1400, DEF 1300

You can only use 1 of the 1st and 2nd effects of this card’s name per turn, and only once that turn.
(1) When this card is Normal Summoned: You can target 1 Level 4 or lower “HERO” monster in your GY, except “Elemental HERO Liquidman”; Special Summon it.
(2) If this card is sent to the GY or banished as material for the Fusion Summon of a “HERO” monster: You can draw 2 cards, then discard 1 card

Source:

https://ygorganization.com/everyonebelikegasmanwhen/

This card is a Solid Solider that summons from the graveyard which means you could Summon Solid Solider, Summon this via Soldiers effect and then summon a Stratos of Liquids effect to get a search or destroy up to 2 Spell/Trap cards. On top of this being a Destiny Draw when used as Fusion Material for a HERO is amazing giving Elemental HERO's that extra Draw power specially since this is a WATER for Absolute Zero.

I am really looking forward to this and Sunriser when Legend Duelist 6 comes out in the TCG in January.

47 minutes ago, Thomas★Zero said:

This card is a Solid Solider that summons from the graveyard which means you could Summon Solid Solider, Summon this via Soldiers effect and then summon a Stratos of Liquids effect to get a search or destroy up to 2 Spell/Trap cards. On top of this being a Destiny Draw when used as Fusion Material for a HERO is amazing giving Elemental HERO's that extra Draw power specially since this is a WATER for Absolute Zero.

I am really looking forward to this and Sunriser when Legend Duelist 6 comes out in the TCG in January.

Has to be normal summoned to get the effect off

I wonder if double summon is worth it in the deck now

5 minutes ago, Ryusei the Morning Star said:

Has to be normal summoned to get the effect off

I wonder if double summon is worth it in the deck now

Completely forgot about that when thinking of that combo. Well at least you can first Faris to drop the stratos and combo into Increase and Vyon, then summon this to get Stratos on the field to search.

I was pretty hyped when I saw this card this morning, but the more I looked at it, the more confused I got.

So... This card has 2 effects. The first effect you cannot really take advantage of until your second turn because it simultaneously requires Grave setup and not to have Normal Summoned. The second effect rewards you for what will often be a cost-heavy action.

In isolation, both of these effects can be cheesed (Faris for the first one, Neos/Miracle Fusion for the second), but the payoff for building a deck like that feels too low.

All that said, the card isn't bad. It's just... It doesn't feel like a card you are actively hoping to see at any point in the duel. You search it out when you can make use of it, ignore its existence every other time.

Archived