[Written] Blank Amulet

Haumea

On 11/9/2019 at 2:31 PM, Kazuchika Okada said:

Good support card for poor forgotten Spirit Monsters. Just made me realize they have almost no support in the form of Spell/Trap cards at all.

It's kinda hard to support a subtype that bounces itself back to hand at the end of every turn.

38 minutes ago, Tinkerer said:

Just a quick question. Why Spellcaster?

I think the idea is that Spellcasters are the stand-in for all magic users. Witches, Wizards, Necromancers or Druids can communicate with spirits. But that begs the question of "Why only Spellcasters?" And "Why not Psychics as well?".

as far as a rota is pretty decent, but special summon effect is way tricky

the last time we got spirit support, neither of them related to spellcaster. and the ones we do have is either Gishki support OR Tsukiyomi and Otohime.

Tsukiyomi is a bit useful, since some spirits deck do run R4NK. but tsukiyomi is not as powerful as her was known for, thus a brick that's not really putting incentive to run it at all.

(Couldn't really write this stuff before, so I might as well do it now)

Honestly, I'm way more concerned about using this to summon stuff like Hino-Kagu-Tsuchi or Amano-Iwato over something like Tsukiyomi.

Tsukiyomi triggers on NS/Flip, so you can't actually trigger it when you summon it off this card's effect.  Furthermore, since this Special Summons, it allows you to summon a Spirit and not have to return it to your hand, meaning you can keep destroying your opponent's hand with Hino or have a Skill Drain on legs with Amano-Iwato.

...That said, I don't really disapprove of this card either.  Spirits being buffed generally or used as a tech choice in Spellcaster decks would definitely be interesting.

On 11/11/2019 at 11:18 PM, Tinkerer said:

Just a quick question. Why Spellcaster?

To answer the question, the card is based on a game I played called "Onmyoji", a Turn-Based RPG where Abe no Seimei, the Onmyoji, summon a spirit (or small ghost by the Wikipedia) by using a blank amulet. This is also the reason why I made "Black Emissary from the Underworld" and "White Emissary from the Underworld" (they were called "Kuro Mujou" and "Shiro Mujou").

Apparently Sealmaster Seimei is based on Abe no Seimei, since "Meisei" is an anagram of "Seimei"

Archived