Crystron Halqifibrax

Crystron Halqifibrax

WATER Links: SW SE

Machine/Link/Effect

2 monsters, including a Tuner

If this card is Link Summoned: You can Special Summon 1 Level 3 or lower Tuner from your hand or Deck in Defense Position, but it cannot activate its effects this turn. During your opponent's Main or Battle Phase (Quick Effect): You can banish this card; Special Summon 1 Tuner Synchro Monster from your Extra Deck. (This is treated as a Synchro Summon.) You can only use each effect of "Crystron Halqifibrax" once per turn.

1500/LINK 2

Needlefiber is finally coming to the TCG! It will definitely make a splash, but anyone have any ideas how it'll be used?

Personally, as a Crystron player, I've been waiting since the very first announcement about this card. This card makes that deck waaaay more consistent and gives it a more clear gameplan that it can do every game. There are a lot of simple 2 card combos the deck can perform that make the perfect set-ups for Quariongandrax or Phoenix on your opponent's turn ( Either target and banish 3 monsters from the opponent's field/GY or banish all Spell/Trap cards from your opponent's field/GY ). Not only can you set this up, but the link is so easy to summon that you can just keep looping your boss monsters over and over again, making sure that every turn you can interrupt your opponent with your key boss monsters. 

I'm really hoping this card can give Crystrons the necessary boost to put them up to tier 2 or rogue tier status. The link is so strong for the deck and fixes most of their problems, allowing for them to make nasty interruptions, then otk next turn. 

This is one of those cards that is going to help completely warp the meta when it arrives. as far as uses, buster blader will definitely use it, synchro decks are all likely crying in joy right now,

as far as meta uses, there are still any number of insane combos that were impossible in the TCG due to lacking needlefiber, but the real scary part is that danger!, orchust. and needlefiber are going to be together in the meta of the TCG. There are any number of combos that really haven't been explored, and on top of that, carrier, predaplant link, and the bujin link are all coming along with it. all hell is about to break loose, and personally, i think that's what the meta may need.

7 hours ago, vla1ne said:

This is one of those cards that is going to help completely warp the meta when it arrives. as far as uses, buster blader will definitely use it, synchro decks are all likely crying in joy right now,

as far as meta uses, there are still any number of insane combos that were impossible in the TCG due to lacking needlefiber, but the real scary part is that danger!, orchust. and needlefiber are going to be together in the meta of the TCG. There are any number of combos that really haven't been explored, and on top of that, carrier, predaplant link, and the bujin link are all coming along with it. all hell is about to break loose, and personally, i think that's what the meta may need.

To be fair, those are all legal in the OCG too, with the added bonus of OCG never hitting the PKs

It's not that bad

I've translated Needlefiber's effect for the UK:
"Cannot be Link Summoned unless you bank at Halifax." (Though to be fair, it's going to cost a ton anyway as we know Konami is going to short print this card)

13 hours ago, vla1ne said:

but the real scary part is that danger!, orcust. and needlefiber are going to be together in the meta of the TCG.

Of course, we'll have to see what the banlist does.

Archived