Berserker Archetype

Problamatico

Berserker Troll......... can attack on the first turn of.....no way, that effect its too.... too... troll !

Anyway, these guys seem to be really tough to take down with all those protection effects. I like the art you chose for this archetype, where does it come from?

Card Grammar stuff, If you don't mind.

Berserk Troll

Can attack during the first turn of the Duel. This card's attacks cannot be negated. You can Normal Summon this card without Tributing, but if you do, this card's ATK becomes 1700. The first time this card would be destroyed by battle or card effect each turn, it is not destroyed.

Thanks for the feedback. To clarify, when I said card effects that prevent it from attacking, I'm referring to not just battle traps but general defects that won't allow a monster to declare an attack like "Swords of revealing light", "Swords of burning light", "Ekibyo Drakmord" and others of the like. Also no cards say "for the first time this card would be destroyed". That section I got right.

• 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Problamatico said:

createcard (9).jpeg

I like the card but more hate the fact that as a normal summon, it can't get through Kaiser Glider and Obnoxious Celtic Guard. But at least summoning without the tribute solves one of those problems.

7 minutes ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

I like the card but more hate the fact that as a normal summon, it can't get through Kaiser Glider and Obnoxious Celtic Guard. But at least summoning without the tribute solves one of those problems.

I feel you. The main idea of these effects is that since they're berserk and heavily anxious to fight, they go in somewhat unprepared. 

26 minutes ago, Problamatico said:

I feel you. The main idea of these effects is that since they're berserk and heavily anxious to fight, they go in somewhat unprepared. 

That makes sense. Since berserkers typically attack everything in their path.

18 minutes ago, gmaster1991 said:

You should probably reword the effect of Berserker Troll to "You can enter the Battle Phase on Turn 1, but only "Berserker Trolls" can attack that turn." Even though the monster can "attack on the first turn", the player that starts on Turn 1 can't enter the Battle Phase anyway.

But any monster can attack on turn 1. Shouldn't it be able to attack on turn 0?

41 minutes ago, gmaster1991 said:

You should probably reword the effect of Berserker Troll to "You can enter the Battle Phase on Turn 1, but only "Berserker Trolls" can attack that turn." Even though the monster can "attack on the first turn", the player that starts on Turn 1 can't enter the Battle Phase anyway.

It was meant to have the "Quick Attack" effect.

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Okay..."Berserker Troll" is a bit much, but if it only has 1700 ATK (unless you somehow Special Summon it or get the Tributes in one turn) it's not horrible... "Death Knight" is powerful, but the way it is Summoned is both inventive (never seen anything remotely like it) and difficult enough to justify the stats, IMO. "Demon Armor" is basically "Metalmorph" x2, but it's specific and has a cost, so not bad. "Fiend" is pretty balanced.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/16/2020 at 4:36 PM, HQCardmaker said:

This card group is great.  It is so troll.

Contributing Card Names if you want them.

Berserker X-Ray

Berserker Blood Pump (Blood Pump pseudoarchetype/archetype)

Berserker X-Ray Blood Pump (Fusion Monster)

Berserker Minefield  (Field Spell)

Can you give me a written concept because I'm having trouble thinking of one for these.

4 hours ago, Problamatico said:

Can you give me a written concept because I'm having trouble thinking of one for these.

I think X-Ray has something to do with showing cards, Blood Pump saps the benefits of Field Spells, X-Ray Blood Pump does something elusive, and Minefield  lets you do something to the columns on the field.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived