Rise of Royalty - The King Is Dead, Long Live The King!

Atypical-Abbie

A simple Quick-Play Spell that is able to Special Summon a monster from your GY, but you can't control any monsters, and if you Special Summon a monster, it will be destroyed, so great for getting a boss monster back, or for Normal and Tribute Summoning Decks.

https://images-wixmp-ed30a86b8c4ca887773594c2.wixmp.com/f/d1f3a62a-0671-46af-987e-8a1b848f8361/ddnsqdh-e135ef58-07ab-4095-9f86-c2f3f2505526.png?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7InBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcL2QxZjNhNjJhLTA2NzEtNDZhZi05ODdlLThhMWI4NDhmODM2MVwvZGRuc3FkaC1lMTM1ZWY1OC0wN2FiLTQwOTUtOWY4Ni1jMmYzZjI1MDU1MjYucG5nIn1dXSwiYXVkIjpbInVybjpzZXJ2aWNlOmZpbGUuZG93bmxvYWQiXX0.odF8S9k_nZ5EmKLPOtko23D_8H16xS7NW9N8C-WWQ8I

Target 1 monster in your GY; Special Summon that target. You must control no monsters to activate and to resolve this effect. If a monster(s) is Special Summoned to your field, destroy the Summoned monster. You can only activate 1 "Rise of Royalty " per turn.

I kinda like the design of this card. On 1 hand it can be a combo piece for destruction based archetypes. In a more generic way you coud still use the monser as fodder with your NS, or just revive a boss monster (even better if its inmune to destruction). It is not an extender but rather a starter.

The destrcution cause applies for as long as the monster remains face up or jus during that turn?

1 hour ago, Dragulas said:

I kinda like the design of this card. On 1 hand it can be a combo piece for destruction based archetypes. In a more generic way you coud still use the monser as fodder with your NS, or just revive a boss monster (even better if its inmune to destruction). It is not an extender but rather a starter.

The destrcution cause applies for as long as the monster remains face up or jus during that turn?

While on the field, otherwise it would have to say only that turn.

That's a really versatile starter if you ask me, because it can be used in combination both with on-Summon and and on-death Effect Monsters. As I see it, a self-destruction trigger is all but a limit to the card in a competitive environment, especially if the monster gets effectively replaced. I like the card, but isn't it a bit too powerful?
Should you think so, you could add (in keeping with the theme of the card) an effect such as "...destroy the Summoned monster, then you cannot Special Summon monsters until the End Phase", or extend the self-destruction effect to each monster you Special Summon during the turn.

Archived