Lyric prank cards

Yami Kiniko

This is not to be taken seriously, but i do want to get a kick out of it. 

You must:

1. Pick a song
  2. Take a line from that song
  3. Turn that line into a card
  4. Credit the song and composer
  5. Underline the card

When you make a card. E.G

The price of your greed- A son and a daughter

Spell

On activation; Tribute 2 monsters: Draw 2 cards

Line from Grandsons Blood // Water (Blood in the water)

How's this?

"This is it, the Apocalypse"

Trap

When your LP would become 0: Send every card you control and in your hand to the GY, and negate their effects in the GY. Your LP becomes 100. During either player's turn, except the turn this card was sent to the GY: you can banish this card and every other card in your GY (min 5), destroy every card your opponent controls, and negate their effects in the GY. While this card is banished, neither player can Special Summon monsters that are banished or in the GY. You can only use one "This is it, the Apocalypse" effect per turn, and you can only use each effect of "This is it, The Apocalypse" per Duel.

Line from "Radioactive" - Imagine Dragons

23 hours ago, morrisoni4 said:

How's this?

"This is it, the Apocalypse"

Trap

When your LP would become 0: Send every card you control and in your hand to the GY, and negate their effects in the GY. Your LP becomes 100. During either player's turn, except the turn this card was sent to the GY: you can banish this card and every other card in your GY (min 5), destroy every card your opponent controls, and negate their effects in the GY. While this card is banished, neither player can Special Summon monsters that are banished or in the GY. You can only use one "This is it, the Apocalypse" effect per turn, and you can only use each effect of "This is it, The Apocalypse" per Duel.

Line from "Radioactive" - Imagine Dragons

Cool

"I'd rather feel pain than nothing at all!"

Continuous Spell

When you take damage, place 1 Pain Counter on this card for every 100 points of damage you took. Once per turn, during either players turn, when either player takes more than 500 points of damage. you can inflict 100 points of damage to all players, for each Pain Counter on this card. You can send this card with at least 20 counters on it to the GY, pay 2000 LP, then draw 3 cards. This card with at least 10 Pain Counters cannot leave the field by any means except by its own effect. You can only activate each effect of "I'd rather feel pain than nothing at all!" once per turn. You can only activate 1 "I'd rather feel pain than nothing at all!"  per duel. 

Line from "Pain" - Three Days Grace

1 hour ago, Bluvista said:

"I'd rather feel pain than nothing at all!"

Continuous Spell

When you take damage, place 1 Pain Counter on this card for every 100 points of damage you took. Once per turn, during either players turn, when either player takes more than 500 points of damage. you can inflict 100 points of damage to all players, for each Pain Counter on this card. You can send this card with at least 20 counters on it to the GY, pay 2000 LP, then draw 3 cards. This card with at least 10 Pain Counters cannot leave the field by any means except by its own effect. You can only activate each effect of "I'd rather feel pain than nothing at all!" once per turn. You can only activate 1 "I'd rather feel pain than nothing at all!"  per duel. 

Line from "Pain" - Three Days Grace

Kool

• 2 weeks later...

I got a few so here I go.

It's the safety dance

Continuous Spell

All Warrior, Spellcaster, Fiend and Fariy type monsters can either use their effect or attack on the battle phase. If they do one, they cannot do the other.

From Men Without Hats' "Safety Dance"

Can't stop this feeling deep inside

Trap

Target a monster with a counter on it or a monster that was tribute summoned. Destroy that monster after a number of turns equal to the number of counters on the target or number of tributes used to summon the target.

From Blue Swede's "Hooked on a Feeling"

The bee of the bird of the moth

Wind, Fiend, Lv. 3

"Everyone is crying at the dread hypnotic flying. You can't walk, you can't ramble 'cause you're gonna have to scramble from the bee of the bird of the moth." Is what they all say... But really, it's just a hummingbird moth who's acting like a bird that thinks it's a bee.

ATK: 1200     DEF: 1000

From They Might Be Giants' "Bee Of The Bird Of The Moth"

5 hours ago, TheBlackCatter said:

I got a few so here I go.

It's the safety dance

Continuous Spell

All Warrior, Spellcaster, Fiend and Fariy type monsters can either use their effect or attack on the battle phase. If they do one, they cannot do the other.

From Men Without Hats' "Safety Dance"

Can't stop this feeling deep inside

Trap

Target a monster with a counter on it or a monster that was tribute summoned. Destroy that monster after a number of turns equal to the number of counters on the target or number of tributes used to summon the target.

From Blue Swede's "Hooked on a Feeling"

The bee of the bird of the moth

Wind, Fiend, Lv. 3

"Everyone is crying at the dread hypnotic flying. You can't walk, you can't ramble 'cause you're gonna have to scramble from the bee of the bird of the moth." Is what they all say... But really, it's just a hummingbird moth who's acting like a bird that thinks it's a bee.

ATK: 1200     DEF: 1000

From They Might Be Giants' "Bee Of The Bird Of The Moth"

Cool. I didn't know @TheBlackCatter liked my topics.

Also I feel like making every card here into a LYRYC Archetype E.G. "The bee of the bird of the moth" becomes "LYRYC The bee of the bird of the month"

I mean... it just generated a flash inspiration within me so I thought it would be cool to share what I could create.

Challenge for future posters: create a monster card instead of a trap or spell.

Never gonna give you up

Spell

If a union monster is destroyed while equipped/attached (don't know the term) to another monster, you may equip/attach it to another monster. If it cannot equip/attach to another monster, put it in your hand.

From Rick Astley's "Never Gonna Give You Up" #rickroll

Ghost rider

Dark, Spirit, Effect, Fiend, Lv. 4

You cannot special summon this card. On your end phase, send this card back to your hand while it is face-up. If this monster is sent from the field to the hand, you may summon one Devil's Cattle token (Fire, Fiend, Lv. 2, ATK: 1000, DEF 1000) in defense position.

ATK: 1400     DEF: 1000

From Johnny Cash's "Ghost Riders in the Sky"

LYRYC-G G G Ghost

Level 4 / EARTH

Fiend / Gemini

This card is treated as a normal monster when it is outside of the GY, When this card is in the GY: Special Summon this card to the field in defence mode with 200 less ATK and DEF

1200 ATK / 1200 DEF

Line from the song Ghost in Steven Universe Season 5

Also @TheBlackCatter I complied with your challange

• 2 weeks later...

Got inspiration to do another one.

"Cross Platform Integration"

Quick-Play Spell

Target a spell card whose effect would target a specific monster type or attribute, you can ignore that requirement and use the effect on any monster type or attribute. After your opponent ends their turn, destroy the targeted spell card and any monster affected by that target's effect.

(From Weird Al's "Mission Statement")

3 hours ago, TheBlackCatter said:

Got inspiration to do another one.

"Cross Platform Integration"

Quick-Play Spell

Target a spell card whose effect would target a specific monster type or attribute, you can ignore that requirement and use the effect on any monster type or attribute. After your opponent ends their turn, destroy the targeted spell card and any monster affected by that target's effect.

(From Weird Al's "Mission Statement")

Cool, But also

Fall Into Oblivion

Trap

When a monster you control is destroyed; Banish that monster and this trap: Banish the attacking monster

Archived