[ROTD] Reusable Jar

Intriguing. One one side it's a Cont. Trap so it can net a plus every turn in Trap-heavy decks. On the other, as a Trap it's 1 turn slow, needs GY set-up and even if you grab a Trap during the opponent's turn, you have to wait to activate it anyway. If it directly Set the card, however, then it could have been onto something.

Guest BGMCANN0N
On 3/30/2020 at 8:02 AM, Darj said:

Not quite, the revival effects of Paleozoics apply when a Trap Card is activated, but don't include the activation of Trap effects.

Actually as The Warden suggest you could use this in Paleozoic... You just need other expendable non-Paleozoic traps to banish from the GY. Yes, Continuous Traps are not the most ideal as Paleo, as you mentioned don't trigger per effect activation and they take up space in S/T... But it gives Paleozoic_Opabinia more to use with its trap-hand activating effect, and you could pull stuff during your opponents turn which give Opa more disruption power with things like Paleozoic_Canadia and Paleozoic_Dinomischus.

Nothing to see here:

One combo I would like to add to be used with this, in OCG, is Fiend_Griefing to dump Makyura_the_Destructor (who did just recently got an errata where you can activate a trap from your hand in the form of an HOPT) and then banish Fiend Griefing with this to pull the trap of your choice that you will want to activate right away.

😓

Well yes, it goes without saying that Paleozoics could make use of this by banishing non-Paleozoic Traps as fodder. Altergeist could have some fun with this too.
Actually... anti meta floodgates would capitalize the most from this IMO, as they would be able to grab back coveted and Limited floodgate Traps such as Skill Drain, Soul Drain, Macro Cosmos, Imperial Order, etc.

14 hours ago, BGM キャノン said:

Actually as The Warden suggest you could use this in Paleozoic... You just need other expendable non-Paleozoic traps to banish from the GY. Yes, Continuous Traps are not the most ideal as Paleo, as you mentioned don't trigger per effect activation and they take up space in S/T... But it gives Paleozoic_Opabinia more to use with its trap-hand activating effect, and you could pull stuff during your opponents turn which give Opa more disruption power with things like Paleozoic_Canadia and Paleozoic_Dinomischus.

One combo I would like to add to be used with this, in OCG, is Fiend_Griefing to dump Makyura_the_Destructor (who did just recently got an errata where you can activate a trap from your hand in the form of an HOPT) and then banish Fiend Griefing with this to pull the trap of your choice that you will want to activate right away.

The errata of Makyura the Destructor needs it to be sent to the GY from a Monster Zone on top of being a hard OPT... as cool as that would have been.
Probably Isolde shenanigans or your combo but with extra hops like adding a Monster Reborn/World Legacy Succession/etc. to it. Or going for Temple of the Kings without getting that extra trap in the GY.

Even other Trap Support like Lilith, Back Jack, or Trap Trick all would have needed it to be a Normal Trap instead.
Though I think this card is still pretty good regardless. To cut it some slack: It IS pretty generic and works every turn and is a quick effect at that so every time it gets to be your turn you could have 2 Traps in hand. I'll definitely will try to test it somehow xP

Guest BGMCANN0N
10 hours ago, Sleepy said:

The errata of Makyura the Destructor needs it to be sent to the GY from a Monster Zone on top of being a hard OPT... as cool as that would have been.
Probably Isolde shenanigans or your combo but with extra hops like adding a Monster Reborn/World Legacy Succession/etc. to it. Or going for Temple of the Kings without getting that extra trap in the GY.

Even other Trap Support like Lilith, Back Jack, or Trap Trick all would have needed it to be a Normal Trap instead.
Though I think this card is still pretty good regardless. To cut it some slack: It IS pretty generic and works every turn and is a quick effect at that so every time it gets to be your turn you could have 2 Traps in hand. I'll definitely will try to test it somehow xP

Damn... My sense of excitement is overlooking great detail yet again. Well... In that case, it is just a delayed search that one needs to grind the game to get the best of it. It is good that it can search out floodgates and powerful Traps so it isn't terrible by any means.

Archived