The Heartland Accords - A Yu-Gi-Oh! RP

All right, well for those who've watched Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V or Yu-Gi-Oh! ZeXal you know what Heartland is. For those who don't Heartland is a booming, futuristic, metropolis with millions of residents living in the city and it's suburbs. (Imagine something similar to the greater Tokyo metro area, an area with a population of about 30 million people, or roughly 0.4% of the entire planets population. ) 

This RP takes place in Yu-Gi-Oh! Arc-V's universe, so naturally, all of those characters have the potential to be present. If you decide to join, you can in 1 of 3 factions. You can be part of the Xyz Dimension (and the resistance), part of the Fusion Dimension (and Academia), or part of the Ritual Dimension, (a thing I have created for this RP. )

If you want to join, please PM me, and choose your Faction. (if multiple people have chosen 1 faction, I might heavily suggest joining a different one.) If you choose faction, I'll let you choose a deck that corresponds with that dimension. (all of the decks your choosing from are 1 of my custom decks, however. )

Well, have fun, and please consider joining, to see who will rule Heartland!

is this an interest check or an ooc? if it's an interest check then interest noted, although i'm not thrilled about being forced to use someone else cards i've always liked the idea of expanding on the arc-v dimensions to include stuff like rituals and various other subtypes. if it's an ooc, did you just forget to add a character app? where can we look at the deck options to decide which one we like/fits the kind of character we're going to play? what is the plot going to be, based on what you've written it seems like it's about a war between these three factions but over what, and where do the player characters come into play in all that? are there any rules specific to the rp? i guess what i'm asking for is a little more information in genreal.

Yeah, for the most part I'll have to echo 0's comments.  This needs more details in terms of how the players fit in.  Also, you might also wanna give guidelines for player applications once you get to that point.

As it is, one of my outside RPs was put on hiatus, so I might be interested in joining.

The Synchro and Standard Dimensions are still here, but they won't play much of a role until later, (as such I'm not having anyone join them)

Also, @0PxPz0

1. I meant it to be an OOC, but if you said yes, I was going to have you pick your faction before giving you a character and a deck. (In hindsight, maybe not the best Idea. )

2. As for using my custom cards. As you are aware, there are plenty of pretty powerful archetypes and decks that rely heavily on one method of summoning or the other. To avoid 1 player choosing a really good and dare I say, meta deck, while the other choose something that isn't as good kind of shifts the balance of power in that person's favor. (Although I suppose I could have 1 custom deck and 1 IRL deck be your choices. Also note that the deck choices I would have given you directly correspond with your personality. Another point I should have mentioned was you PMing me about your characters personality traits. )

3. Plot. While I'd like not to give away too much, the mostly off-screen events in the Arc-V universe that take place before the show starts. (The invasion of the Xyz Dimension)  happen after the failed attempt to take over the Ritual Dimension. So essentially the basic plot is. Academia attack Ritual, fails, but not by much, retreats, reforms and attacks the Xyz Dimension. (the Ritual Dimension assisting the Xyz Dimension.) 

4. Characters. There are only 2 solid roles I have set up at the moment. The Ritual Dimension Yu-Boy. (His deck and Heavenly Dragon are firm and not changing, so if you want to be him, you really don't have much choice in the matter of deck, also his name is already picked out) The other character is the Ritual Dimension occupational forces General, (like the equivalent of Aster. ) Their deck is not set in stone and can change based on the person that takes their role. (though I do have a preference) Any other person that wants to join would either be like the Yu-Boy's rival/friend/Ray incarnate if they chose Ritual, an Obelisk Force member or lieutenant if they chose Fusion, or a resistance member if they chose Xyz. 

5. When it ends. Obviously, if there is a Ritual dimension Yu-Boy, he's going to become part of Zarc. So I imagine the RP ends when Zarc is defeated. though the ending could be sooner, (like if/when one force overpowers the other) or later. (like what we saw in actual Arc-V)

6. Rules. Like in the world of Yu-Gi-Oh! having an argument over something means you duel over it instead of like using your fists. If you choose a faction, please stay with until appropriate. (I mean Arc-V did have people defect from Academia, so that could happen, but it won't until later in the RP, if it ever does.) Carding characters. . . Obviously, if you're part of the Fusion faction, you can card those you defeat, but don't be surprised if some members of the resistance put up some, you know, "resistance". Xyz faction people won't have the carding technology unless they defeat 5 Academia members, so don't expect it immediately. 

7. Duels. When encountering a character that is not a player, I'll PM you individually and act as though I'm the character you're dueling. (At the same time, I'll be telling you what cards you've drawn, your current LP, and whatnot. But don't worry, what you draw won't affect how I (the opposing character) play.) As for encountering another player. I'll start a PM chat with the players and they'll duel each other. (I'll individually tell you the cards you've drawn.) Something that I need to point out is how reliant I am on RNG's. Every player's deck has 40 cards, and each individual card is given a number 1 - 40. As such, I can literally use an RNG to determine draws and opening hands. I can also use said RNG to determine con flips and dice rolls. 1 final thing that is important. Action duels. These won't exist until the standard Dimension duelists come to Xyz. Once they do, I'll take the most common Action cards and assign each one a number, then I'll use the RNG to determine what you got. (Also it will always be a 50/50 chance of getting one when you want it.)

Anything else? 

19 minutes ago, Bluvista said:

Characters. There are only 2 solid roles I have set up at the moment. The Ritual Dimension Yu-Boy. (His deck and Heavenly Dragon are firm and not changing, so if you want to be him, you really don't have much choice in the matter of deck, also his name is already picked out) The other character is the Ritual Dimension occupational forces General, (like the equivalent of Aster. ) Their deck is not set in stone and can change based on the person that takes their role. (though I do have a preference) Any other person that wants to join would either be like the Yu-Boy's rival/friend/Ray incarnate if they chose Ritual, an Obelisk Force member or lieutenant if they chose Fusion, or a resistance member if they chose Xyz. 

i don't mean to sound rude but you've kind of killed any interest i have in this now. while i disagree with being forced to use your cards instead of either my own or existing ones, it wasn't a deal breaker (i understand you're reasoning but that could also easily be handled by paying attention to the decks people submit in their apps and either rejecting a character based on too strong/weak cards or working with the individual privately to make some adjustments. not to mention in an rp, at least in every one i've been a part of, the outcome of a duel isn't actually determined by how good the cards are but by character interaction and plot, basically the duels are typically rigged and when they aren't it's because the winner doesn't matter), not even being able to make my own character definitely is though. i really hope i'm just misinterpreting what you said because making the characters is at least half the fun of an RP in my opinion, a more structured story with specific character roles is one thing (i've actually tried this before and it failed immediately because it was too dependent on having characters in specific roles) but basically just handing out character sheets to everyone is where i draw the line.

12 minutes ago, Bluvista said:

Plot. While I'd like not to give away too much, the mostly off-screen events in the Arc-V universe that take place before the show starts. (The invasion of the Xyz Dimension)  happen after the failed attempt to take over the Ritual Dimension. So essentially the basic plot is. Academia attack Ritual, fails, but not by much, retreats, reforms and attacks the Xyz Dimension. (the Ritual Dimension assisting the Xyz Dimension.) 

that's . . . really not enough info, it's basically the same as what i knew before but with a very basic idea of a timeline thrown in, i was hoping for stuff like who are we fighting against (not just the factions, the major antagonists), why are we fighting (i get this is basically a spin off of arc-v but why are our characters getting involved? are we just soldiers? is it personal? what's our motivation?), the kind of stuff that gives me an idea of what the RP will be like in action.

19 minutes ago, Bluvista said:

Duels. When encountering a character that is not a player, I'll PM you individually and act as though I'm the character you're dueling. (At the same time, I'll be telling you what cards you've drawn, your current LP, and whatnot. But don't worry, what you draw won't affect how I (the opposing character) play.) As for encountering another player. I'll start a PM chat with the players and they'll duel each other. (I'll individually tell you the cards you've drawn.) Something that I need to point out is how reliant I am on RNG's. Every player's deck has 40 cards, and each individual card is given a number 1 - 40. As such, I can literally use an RNG to determine draws and opening hands. I can also use said RNG to determine con flips and dice rolls. 1 final thing that is important. Action duels. These won't exist until the standard Dimension duelists come to Xyz. Once they do, I'll take the most common Action cards and assign each one a number, then I'll use the RNG to determine what you got. (Also it will always be a 50/50 chance of getting one when you want it.)

this seems overly complicated, like i said before, in my personal experience the actual cards don't matter in a duels outcome in an RP, good writing does. it sort of just feels like (while i hope it wasn't your intention and it doesn't appear to have been) just another way to take control away from the players. you decide what everybody has in their hand which limits what people can do, all duels are done through pms with you, and another player if it's pvp, which limits non-participants from spectating and would definitely affect character development and group dynamics negatively, at that point we might as well just actually play an actual game of yugioh for each in-rp duel (not necessarily opposed to that but it would depend on how you go about it).

i'm sorry for going full-blown rant mode over this but i've had frustrating RP experiences elsewhere with similar set ups because the host did just want to control everyone's characters for fear of their story (which must have been pretty fragile if literally any choice except their own could ruin it) falling apart unless everyone did what they said

Point 1. 

With the exception of the Yu-Boy for the Ritual Dimension, you can relay design your characters however you like. (Even the player who takes the role of the Yu-Boy can change his personality around.) As for making your own character, that's literally what I'm doing with this. You make your own character in this universe, then choose a faction, choose a deck option and have fun. You can even choose your own name if you want. 

Point 2.

Everyone has their own motivation. (Something that I was going to go over with everyone individually) And as I stated earlier, I really don't want to give away too much of the plot. As for the antagonist question, no "Evil" character ever thinks that they are the bad guy. The Ritual and Xyz Dimension characters think that Academia is "evil" for invading them and carding them. The Academia characters think that the Ritual and Xyz characters are "evil" for standing in the way of their goal. 

Point 3. 

I understand your rant entirely, and while a little complicated, it's nothing I can't handle. Also, while this is mostly the case with forcing the outcomes of duels, I at least want it to be fun. Also, what's a good story without a twist or 2? Also, if it really matters to you, I guess I can share the Duel PM with other characters, but only if the other characters are present at the scene of the duel. It doesn't make much sense for a character to see a duel that is happening in a different dimension. Also, regarding knowledge of other characters cards, and decks. If multiple characters are in the same faction, you can share that information as you please, but not with characters from other factions. 

Are there any other questions, comment, concerns, or opinions that I can address at this time? 

30 minutes ago, Bluvista said:

With the exception of the Yu-Boy for the Ritual Dimension, you can relay design your characters however you like. (Even the player who takes the role of the Yu-Boy can change his personality around.) As for making your own character, that's literally what I'm doing with this. You make your own character in this universe, then choose a faction, choose a deck option and have fun. You can even choose your own name if you want. 

ah, sorry for the misunderstanding then, i've got a couple workable character idea's for ritual and fusion so if you could pm me some deck options to go over i'd love to see what i can come up with

24 minutes ago, Horu Ishayuki said:

Question: By "Yu-Boy" do you mean the character will have the "Yu" in their name like Yugi Motou, Judai Yuki, Yusei Fudo, Yuma, Yuya, etc...?

21 minutes ago, Bluvista said:

Both that and the dimensional Yu-Boy. (Yugo, Yuya, Yuto, Yuri)

Ah. I was just checking.

1 hour ago, Bluvista said:

Are you interested? we still need someone to fill the Xyz role, and someone to fill the Ritual commander role. 

Mm.  Had an idea for a character, but the personality doesn't really fit for a resistance member or a commander position.

Archived